Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Trans Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2017, 12:46 AM   #1
cathexis
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open
 
cathexis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Great White North!
Posts: 4,332
Thanks: 16,812
Thanked 4,705 Times in 1,604 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
cathexis, did you see a gender therapist prior to your decision to seek out testosterone?
Did not see a gender therapist; however, I did see a regular therapist then a psychiatrist. We don't have good medical resources where I live. Also, I had been on testosterone with my ERT.

Had been diagnosed with gender dysphoria and told that I would probably benefit from T. It was suggested that I consider using injectable T.
__________________
Insurrection is an art, and like all arts has its own laws. -----Leon Trotsky
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2017, 05:09 AM   #2
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
 
DapperButch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northeast
Posts: 7,745
Thanks: 26,545
Thanked 26,807 Times in 5,771 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Did not see a gender therapist; however, I did see a regular therapist then a psychiatrist. We don't have good medical resources where I live. Also, I had been on testosterone with my ERT.

Had been diagnosed with gender dysphoria and told that I would probably benefit from T. It was suggested that I consider using injectable T.
I would suggest writing down/printing out the Endo protocol for testosterone treatment and bringing that into your physician. Ask them why they are not following this. Is this a PCP or an Endo? It does not need to be an Endo for good care, as an aside, as long as the person has experience. If she is a PCP and does not have experience seek out an Endo. However, I also realize, as you said, with little resources you can only go with what you got.

If you identify as genderqueer, I assume, that you do NOT want to masculinize to the point that you look male to yourself and male to others. Be aware, that no matter how small the dose, you will eventually look like every other male, including lose your hair.

You asked if we thought the reason your physician had you at a low dose was because you are genderqueer. There is not 'genderqueer dosing".

If she is starting you out on .125ml every other week, it sounds like she might be following current Endo guidelines for a 16 year old. These guidelines are most often used by Endos who are new to the work. I understand that these guidelines are being changed and new ones will be out next year.

Providers in large trans healthcare systems usually start a 16 year old boy on .3ml in order to catch up with his peers as he will not be able to pass as a 16 year old starting on such low doses. Endo guidelines are too slow and causes greater dysphoria for the teens. An adult FTM is most often started on .5ml and stays at that dose until they are about 3 years in. Then some guys drop down their dose. That is not set in stone.

I am going to assume that if your goal is to look "more masculine" as a genderqueer, that this means that you would like to look androgynous. I suspect that an experienced trans healthcare provider would start you at .2ml or .25ml, but I can't really say for certain. The problem is that we cannot pick and choose how masculinized T will make us, based on dosage (a nod to Liam here). Most physicians will not provide individuals who "just want to look more masculine" for this reason. If they do provide "low dose T", it is to give the person time to determine if they would like to transition.

If you would like, I can email the head of the trans healthcare department at the Mazonni Center in Philly and ask them their protocol. They are one of the leading programs in the U.S. I know the answer will be something like "we would talk with the pt. about their goals and then go from there", but I will push for something general.

Good luck to you.
__________________
-Dapper

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2017, 01:20 AM   #3
cathexis
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open
 
cathexis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Great White North!
Posts: 4,332
Thanks: 16,812
Thanked 4,705 Times in 1,604 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Thanks your all your advice. Definitely gives me food for thought. Am seeking more of the positive male emotional and mental attitudes. Also, wish to masculinize my appearance somewhat. Have a few more sensitive questions that I would like to ask you by PM.

Thanks to all for your assistance!
__________________
Insurrection is an art, and like all arts has its own laws. -----Leon Trotsky
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:07 PM   #4
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
 
DapperButch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northeast
Posts: 7,745
Thanks: 26,545
Thanked 26,807 Times in 5,771 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Thanks your all your advice. Definitely gives me food for thought. Am seeking more of the positive male emotional and mental attitudes. Also, wish to masculinize my appearance somewhat. Have a few more sensitive questions that I would like to ask you by PM.

Thanks to all for your assistance!
You are very welcome to PM me.
__________________
-Dapper

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:36 PM   #5
Esme nha Maire
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single
 
Esme nha Maire's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 642
Thanks: 2,196
Thanked 2,079 Times in 541 Posts
Rep Power: 19310771
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Wow - and - anyone else MTF...?

Wow, I have learnt so much about you FTM gents from reading through this thread! Thank you all for sharing. May you all find inner peace and much happiness in your lives!

But I cannot help but wonder - are there any other MTFs here? I transitioned quite a while ago, but would be interested to hear of other MTF's experiences with the lesbian scene.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:10 PM   #6
Vivacious1
Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme
Relationship Status:
taken
 
3 Highscores

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 220
Thanks: 195
Thanked 795 Times in 178 Posts
Rep Power: 6042527
Vivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Satiated, I can so relate!

I found this thread very interesting as well. I can relate to some, and some makes me have more questions.

I too was in a relationship with an FTM... He transitioned very shortly after we got together. It was a whirlwind experience for me, scary as well... confusing.. etc

I supported him through his top surgery which scared the crap outta me because I had to take care of him in the hotel after surgery, tubes and drains everywhere... Of course I messed it up, and he had to have a revision... BAD way to start a relationship...

The things I experienced with him was an excess of anger and blame, always to be put off by saying its the *T*

Then there was the group of friends that were also trans men and the comments such as *I can't believe you still ID as lesbian" I felt that they thought there was something wrong with me!!!!

Fast forward, eventually when we broke up, the comment was, * I shoulda stayed butch and you wouldn't be leaving*

Unfortunately, I think I got a lot of messages that weren't correct and maybe specific to this relationship, but, regardless, I was left feeling it was all about the trans man, and what about the femme on the other side? I was a femme, I was lost in this process of someone else's transition...

So, I guess with all this said, I am looking for clarity.. I am looking for someone that relates... maybe from the FTM side or the femme side!!!!
__________________
Well behaved women rarely make history ...
Vivacious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vivacious1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2017, 04:32 PM   #7
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'
 
Gemme's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The roads are narrow here
Posts: 36,631
Thanks: 182,498
Thanked 107,860 Times in 25,664 Posts
Rep Power: 21474888
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
Wow, I have learnt so much about you FTM gents from reading through this thread! Thank you all for sharing. May you all find inner peace and much happiness in your lives!

But I cannot help but wonder - are there any other MTFs here? I transitioned quite a while ago, but would be interested to hear of other MTF's experiences with the lesbian scene.
There are MTFs on the site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivacious1 View Post
I found this thread very interesting as well. I can relate to some, and some makes me have more questions.

I too was in a relationship with an FTM... He transitioned very shortly after we got together. It was a whirlwind experience for me, scary as well... confusing.. etc

I supported him through his top surgery which scared the crap outta me because I had to take care of him in the hotel after surgery, tubes and drains everywhere... Of course I messed it up, and he had to have a revision... BAD way to start a relationship...

The things I experienced with him was an excess of anger and blame, always to be put off by saying its the *T*

Then there was the group of friends that were also trans men and the comments such as *I can't believe you still ID as lesbian" I felt that they thought there was something wrong with me!!!!

Fast forward, eventually when we broke up, the comment was, * I shoulda stayed butch and you wouldn't be leaving*

Unfortunately, I think I got a lot of messages that weren't correct and maybe specific to this relationship, but, regardless, I was left feeling it was all about the trans man, and what about the femme on the other side? I was a femme, I was lost in this process of someone else's transition...

So, I guess with all this said, I am looking for clarity.. I am looking for someone that relates... maybe from the FTM side or the femme side!!!!
I can relate, V. My first relationship with a transguy went something alone those lines, except he didn't fully transition during our relationship. I was questioned about my identity, mainly by him, and the T and his journey became the focus of the relationship versus 'our' journey together.
__________________


I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2017, 09:29 AM   #8
Wrang1er
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I
 
1 Highscore

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Here
Posts: 1,526
Thanks: 6,112
Thanked 7,041 Times in 1,354 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivacious1 View Post
I found this thread very interesting as well. I can relate to some, and some makes me have more questions.

I too was in a relationship with an FTM... He transitioned very shortly after we got together. It was a whirlwind experience for me, scary as well... confusing.. etc

I supported him through his top surgery which scared the crap outta me because I had to take care of him in the hotel after surgery, tubes and drains everywhere... Of course I messed it up, and he had to have a revision... BAD way to start a relationship...

The things I experienced with him was an excess of anger and blame, always to be put off by saying its the *T*

Then there was the group of friends that were also trans men and the comments such as *I can't believe you still ID as lesbian" I felt that they thought there was something wrong with me!!!!

Fast forward, eventually when we broke up, the comment was, * I shoulda stayed butch and you wouldn't be leaving*

Unfortunately, I think I got a lot of messages that weren't correct and maybe specific to this relationship, but, regardless, I was left feeling it was all about the trans man, and what about the femme on the other side? I was a femme, I was lost in this process of someone else's transition...

So, I guess with all this said, I am looking for clarity.. I am looking for someone that relates... maybe from the FTM side or the femme side!!!!

You aren't alone in this. There's actually a song by a queer band called Coyote Grace. The song is titled Picture Frame.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2017, 05:27 AM   #9
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
 
DapperButch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northeast
Posts: 7,745
Thanks: 26,545
Thanked 26,807 Times in 5,771 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
Wow, I have learnt so much about you FTM gents from reading through this thread! Thank you all for sharing. May you all find inner peace and much happiness in your lives!

But I cannot help but wonder - are there any other MTFs here? I transitioned quite a while ago, but would be interested to hear of other MTF's experiences with the lesbian scene.
There are a couple of MTF women here. Welcome! I am very glad you are here!
__________________
-Dapper

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2017, 08:23 AM   #10
Esme nha Maire
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single
 
Esme nha Maire's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 642
Thanks: 2,196
Thanked 2,079 Times in 541 Posts
Rep Power: 19310771
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
There are a couple of MTF women here. Welcome! I am very glad you are here!
Thank you, sir, that is sweet of you! I am moved by tales like Vivacious1's, because they really make one think about what it is to be human, to love, to be lesbian or hetty or gay or bi or whatever, and it must be so hard to find that your partner needs to become something outside of that bunch of characteristics which you find attractive, or to find that your partner simply does not have it within them to continue to love you when you become what you must for your own sanity. I count myself lucky that I have never been in such a situation thus far.

This has me pondering how I might feel if a very butch woman made a pass at me. If I found her attractive, I think I might feel a need to make it clear, as gently and politely as possible, that where butch becomes male is probably the point beyond which my emotions could not follow, except as friends. I would hope that they could understand why.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:41 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018