![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 | |
|
Infamous Member
How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch Preferred Pronoun?:
He Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,164
Thanks: 11,746
Thanked 20,309 Times in 5,677 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
Superlative Soul Sister
How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her Relationship Status:
Moving in a single file and sometimes a Sinner. Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cottage of Content
Posts: 14,094
Thanks: 41,616
Thanked 34,949 Times in 9,098 Posts
Rep Power: 21474863 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Collards Greens Ingredients: – Ham bone (with meat on the bone), ham shank, ham hock – Collard Greens – Onion – Celery – Garlic – Red or Chipotle Pepper Flakes Directions: Wash the ham bone, shank, or hock really good. I like to get these fresh from the butcher or meat department. You can use frozen but they tend to be dirtier and are more difficult to wash than the fresh. Add the meat to a pot and cover with water or chicken stock. Bring the meat to a boil then simmer the meat for an hour or so. You don’t want the meat to fall off the bone, but you do want to cook it awhile before adding the greens. Just before adding the greens, sauté everything but the greens till the onions are translucent. Then add the veggies to the ham in the simmering water. Next add your washed collards to the pot and let boil for 30 to 45 minutes depending on how tender you like the greens. I also freeze my greens before cooking. My mother used to grow greens in her garden and would only pick them after the first frost. She said they were sweeter after the first frost. I don’t know if freezing helps, but it’s what I usually do. Add some sliced tomatoes with a little vinegar, some cornbread that does not include sugar or honey, and please invite me over for a taste—I’ll bring wine or dessert! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
Butch Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch! ![]() Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tacoma,Washington
Posts: 2,907
Thanks: 15,853
Thanked 11,698 Times in 2,468 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Like Homoe I also don't really have a tradition.But after the holidays it
is nice to chill and have a quiet day at home and watch football. So on that note I,m taking care of some computer work and football on in the background. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
Superlative Soul Sister
How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her Relationship Status:
Moving in a single file and sometimes a Sinner. Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cottage of Content
Posts: 14,094
Thanks: 41,616
Thanked 34,949 Times in 9,098 Posts
Rep Power: 21474863 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
No chitlns ever again for me. I recently saw a clip of how waste is extracted from chitlins and I’ll never let another one cross these lips. Talk to family and friends. Happy new year!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Practically Lives Here
How Do You Identify?:
Femm Preferred Pronoun?:
She Relationship Status:
**loved by many** Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Closer to the waves
Posts: 15,491
Thanks: 29,216
Thanked 41,075 Times in 10,801 Posts
Rep Power: 21474866 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Originating in Southern California, it has always been a tradition to watch the Rose Parade. This year will be strange without it.
I read somewhere that opening your doors to let the old year out and the new one in..well, I'm going to open the windows too! Start fresh with what I breathe. Food has not really been a tradition, except I can remember having shrimp cocktails while watching football with my Dad. I think I'll do that tomorrow.
__________________
kissesA kiss is a whisper in your mouth. Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back. |
|
|
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#6 | |||
|
Practically Lives Here
How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM' Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The roads are narrow here
Posts: 36,631
Thanks: 182,498
Thanked 107,860 Times in 25,664 Posts
Rep Power: 21474888 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
I don't expect to redesign my life in 1.5 days (the amount of time I get off for the holiday) but I expect to see a difference and that's my main goal for this year: to see a difference in all that I do. Go to the gym, see a result. Purge more, see more floor and feel lighter inside. Clean more, see less cat hair and breathe better. Get out and do something different once or twice a month, see what happens. I forgot about this! It's so nice when instant gratification of one form or another kicks in. Quote:
I think I'll watch my favorite, Auntie Mame, again. So many life lessons that I need to reintroduce into my life. Quote:
I need all the help I can get.
|
|||
|
|
|
| The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#7 | |
|
Infamous Member
How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly ![]() Join Date: May 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,461
Thanks: 39,740
Thanked 28,494 Times in 5,831 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
__________________
-GeorgiaMa'am ![]() It's true that you are blessed and lucky It's true that you are touched by something that will grow and bloom in you. -10,000 Maniacs |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 | |
|
Practically Lives Here
How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM' Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The roads are narrow here
Posts: 36,631
Thanks: 182,498
Thanked 107,860 Times in 25,664 Posts
Rep Power: 21474888 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
| The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#9 |
|
Junior Member
How Do You Identify?:
Femme Preferred Pronoun?:
She Relationship Status:
Free Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 96
Thanks: 34
Thanked 312 Times in 79 Posts
Rep Power: 2491089 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I. Do. Nothing.
I work on New Year's Eve (by choice, the money's too good to pass on) and while I'm not digging ditches or driving a bus, it's never easy watching everyone else have a good time while I'm on my best behavior. So come New Year's Day I sleep in, wear my yoga pants, eat something fun and drink champagne while I watch TV and nap. Happy 2023!! |
|
|
|
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaddieRobbie For This Useful Post: |
![]() |
| Tags |
| new year's day, traditions |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|