Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Thinking Harder

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 03:15 AM   #1
traumaqueen
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.
 
traumaqueen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado (Mountainy)
Posts: 265
Thanks: 619
Thanked 732 Times in 236 Posts
Rep Power: 5586927
traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation
Default

...because I told you to, duh.
traumaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to traumaqueen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 03:24 AM   #2
meridiantoo
Member

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship
 
meridiantoo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 1,441
Thanks: 3,806
Thanked 2,296 Times in 889 Posts
Rep Power: 16305606
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by traumaqueen View Post
...because I told you to, duh.
You're always hilarious and well-timed!

__________________
“Human nature is like water. It takes the shape of its container.” ― Wallace Stevens
meridiantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to meridiantoo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #3
meridiantoo
Member

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship
 
meridiantoo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 1,441
Thanks: 3,806
Thanked 2,296 Times in 889 Posts
Rep Power: 16305606
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation
Default

6) If all else fails, kill off all the current politicians/corporate CEOs and start anew!

__________________
“Human nature is like water. It takes the shape of its container.” ― Wallace Stevens
meridiantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meridiantoo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #4
traumaqueen
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.
 
traumaqueen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado (Mountainy)
Posts: 265
Thanks: 619
Thanked 732 Times in 236 Posts
Rep Power: 5586927
traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation
Default

In my experience... as a 'volunteerer'... I never have learned how to say no... I've found most of us tend to get stuck somewhere between a - I see the need for and want to make change, stage and an I'm actually mobilizing for change stage. I think this is why Gandhi's approach was so accurate. We sometimes forget that within and at the end of every so called 'corrupt system' are human beings. These things we want to change are not untouchable entities that exist beyond our control, or beyond our day to day.
traumaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to traumaqueen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #5
AmazonWoman1
Member

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hunny
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California
Posts: 108
Thanks: 308
Thanked 136 Times in 56 Posts
Rep Power: 1445861
AmazonWoman1 Has the BEST ReputationAmazonWoman1 Has the BEST ReputationAmazonWoman1 Has the BEST ReputationAmazonWoman1 Has the BEST ReputationAmazonWoman1 Has the BEST ReputationAmazonWoman1 Has the BEST ReputationAmazonWoman1 Has the BEST ReputationAmazonWoman1 Has the BEST ReputationAmazonWoman1 Has the BEST ReputationAmazonWoman1 Has the BEST ReputationAmazonWoman1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default But What Do You Mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by traumaqueen View Post
In my experience... as a 'volunteerer'... I never have learned how to say no... I've found most of us tend to get stuck somewhere between a - I see the need for and want to make change, stage and an I'm actually mobilizing for change stage. I think this is why Gandhi's approach was so accurate. We sometimes forget that within and at the end of every so called 'corrupt system' are human beings. These things we want to change are not untouchable entities that exist beyond our control, or beyond our day to day.
So are you saying the best way to change things is to effect small changes & hope they spiral out?Won't the same problems just keep reoccurring over & over then & never cease?Is'nt that the definition of forced entropy?
AmazonWoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AmazonWoman1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 07:07 AM   #6
Teddybear
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single
 
Teddybear's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Here there everywhere.
Posts: 2,097
Thanks: 4,620
Thanked 6,233 Times in 1,687 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I agree with a lot if what the op stated however I don't believe we have removed the feminine from our society. I think people have been told so much and by so many that showing those feelings towards things other then ppl is showing a weakness. I believe these aren't just feminine but HUMAN.

I will admit that prior to meeting ms cinn I didn't do all I could have to help the planet. She has me recycling and reusing things I would have never thought of.

I think we really need to look into technology that has been around for decades that can and DO HAVE trash to create electricity. There has been so much bad press because IMHO they pose a threat to the big power companies.
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
Ginger
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East coast
Posts: 2,416
Thanks: 5,829
Thanked 12,296 Times in 2,057 Posts
Rep Power: 21474853
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation
Default

It's new for me, this equating of "feminine" with eco-friendly.

I guess that means "masculine" is eco-harmful?

I don't think I accept that premise.

Who says "feminine" can't be greedy or destructive?

One early feminist writer, Robin Morgan (her poetry is laughably bad but she did make some brave points at the time), said that instead of seeing fucking as a kind of penetration, we should view it as "enclosure."

Extending that POV, feminine energy can enclose, contain, trap, and generally fuck up the environment just as effectively as masculine energy can drill, pierce, stab and otherwise damage the natural world.

Either style of "using" the environment for the user's best interest with disregard for the best interest of the environment is exploitive.

That said, I strongly support all the suggestions people have made so far in the thread: recycling, being conscious of our personal foot print, and so on.
__________________
Reach out.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:00 AM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018