Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 10-12-2016, 10:26 AM   #2821
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Girl On The train & A Quiet Passion

I liked both these films.
Girl i liked because i like Emily Blunt.
people were a tad upset that it was set in usa and not where the book depicts which is London.
I hadnt read the book, so i guess that helped in some ways.
I found it really good.

A Quiet Passion.
This film is about the life of Emily Dickinson, the poet, who is played by none other than Cynthia Nixon.
All the cast are really good, and Cynthia seems to capture Emily beautifully.
The Film does have its light hearted moments, but on the whole is one about Emily's own struggles, and therefore quite sad.
But if you like period films with a very thought provoking meaning behind it, then this is a very good film.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2016, 07:05 AM   #2822
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I went on a girls night movie date with my best femme to see the new Bridget Jones movie. I was hesitant because these stories don't often hold up a decade or so later (AbFab ... SATC movie deux)...

But we had so much fun watching it and found it resonated in the most cringeworthy and laugh out loud (40somethingnow) ways.

Then I got home and realized that in my rush to get to the cinema I locked myself out of my apartment. (This is not something *i do* I'm methodical and hypervigilant, and of course it happens when my landlord/upstairs neighbor is in Vermont and Hack is up at his weekday work crashpad an hour away)

So I do balanced a plastic lawn chair on the loose rocks, climbed to the top, shimmied the window open, and promptly fell in head first. Ass over tea kettle as my Grama would have said. All the while my best femme held her iphone up for light and laughed til she nearly wee'd her pants.

All in all it was a very Bridget Jones evening.

Sparkle, i think you may be Bridget's long lost sister
that sounds hilarious.
maybe the 4th one they should have you in it.
Have a good weekend
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2016, 03:36 PM   #2823
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

The Revenant; with Leonardo DiCaprio. Holy @*%. What a great movie! I honestly didn't expect it to have any substance; I thought it was going to be all about action and scenery, but no, it had some real chops, though I must give a warning: it is brutal and gory, and not historically accurate, so take it for what it is, a fictional account.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2016, 04:07 PM   #2824
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I just finally saw the Revanant too!

Omg it was so awesome...raw and often primal. The scenery was like another character.

I googled the historical accuracy of the movie
(Nerdy I know) and The man behind the story (Hugh Glass) was a real person and did have an incredible life. Worth a Google and I want to read a book about him now.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:41 AM   #2825
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Watched Food Inc. last night. Generally good movie, but liked Cowspiracy better (especially since it also looked at important topics like the unsustainability of free-range cattle farming in addition to industrial cattle). It makes me hope even more that genetically modified meat doesn't become legal in Canada, especially without labeling. The last hearing for this is in a couple days over here (I think for genetically modified salmon), and I really hope that whenever it goes to parliament it gets rejected. Totally disgusting idea that would forever change our environment and food system (the fear is also of genetically modified salmon populations contaminating natural populations).
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2016, 06:44 PM   #2826
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw a C or D class version of Center Stage.

Center Stage: On Pointe

It was 'eh' and scored a 2 out of 5, so that gives you an idea of how it went.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2016, 07:01 PM   #2827
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Infiltrator

Good movie, based on a true story.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016, 10:58 AM   #2828
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Good movie, based on a true story.

Feel like I can't look at that actors face now without seeing Walter White and what a douchebag he was. Its like a kneejerk reaction to want to deck the guy just for that character alone. God I hated that show
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016, 04:30 PM   #2829
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

So, hey, I saw G.O.T.T. twice: once with book club friends, once with my best friend (who saw it with her husband).

I don't know what to say really except I think the film brings richer dimension to the book. Both the book and film speak clearly about socially taboo relationship issues, such as: cheating, drinking to kill emotional pain, very poor boundaries, perceptions about status and wealth and a number of other issues with respect for relationship violence ---- all things I do not like, but I do like how the book and the film give the audience a way to process how one feels about such tragedy.

So, that said, I think I can say that the film and the book did a job well done, portraying this kind of social issue, in a fictional sense, although survivors of abuse, such as myself and others, find this topic triggering.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2016, 06:06 PM   #2830
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Carol- tiny possible spoiler

I really wanted to like this movie but I have fallen asleep twice already.

The costumes are gorgeous. My mom used to dress like the characters and there are pictures of her with her hair in some of the same styles.

Happily ever after is rare in lesbian movies. This doesn't end happily ever after but there is a kernel of hope that it just might.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2016, 07:47 PM   #2831
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

The costumes are gorgeous. My mom used to dress like the characters and there are pictures of her with her hair in some of the same styles.

Happily ever after is rare in lesbian movies. This doesn't end happily ever after but there is a kernel of hope that it just might.

Oh I loved it! So beautifully filmed and acted and I swooned over the costumes and hair/makeup.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:32 PM   #2832
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I really wanted to like it as well, but I was so bored I finally couldn't take it anymore and shut it off.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2016, 12:26 AM   #2833
storyspinner70

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

storyspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputation

The last movie I saw was The Purge...scary how bloodthirsty people are portrayed, and unfortunately, how believable it is.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:38 AM   #2834
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default Weiner with some small spoilers if you want to watch it.

Fascinating documentary about an 8-term New York Congressman who did a lot of good while in office, eg, fighting for 1st responders after 9-11, to get medical care, with a Congress that didn't want to authorize it -and then he blew it; big time. Twice!

I just kept asking myself: Why? Why? I think his own psychological issues just wouldn't allow him to stop. No matter the losses,

~Washington Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2016, 06:13 PM   #2835
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I literally just finished this movie.

It was amazing. Al of the cast were great but this is the best work Murphy's ever done. Fantastic!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2016, 03:45 PM   #2836
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Gemme you're spot on I loved it too
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2016, 09:54 PM   #2837
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I watched Nerve tonight and some of the high height scenes freaked me the f*ck out. I had to look away! Interesting lesson, if you pay attention to it.

As a side note, Emma looks SOOOO much like her aunt in this movie still.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2016, 07:31 AM   #2838
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Last night I rented The Whole Truth! I love Keanu Reeves, court room drama not so much HOWEVER this was an exception! Don't be a smart arse like me and think you've figured out the ending!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:58 PM   #2839
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

We saw The Handmaiden last night. It's a Korean movie, (English subtitles), based on Sarah Waters' novel 'Fingersmith'. It was gorgeous and well made. I thought the sex scenes were kind of wonderful, too.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:10 PM   #2840
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I saw two movies this weekend. One was this:

It was light and funny and sweet.

The other was this one:

It was so incredibly hard to watch. This is my history. My home. My people. It's a bizarre feeling to feel pride and shame at the same time. It's a fantastic movie. Be prepared for some heavy stuff though. This is American history, after all, and it's not pretty.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie