Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 11-24-2016, 07:54 PM   #61
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I also must be in the same age group!

I remember when the A & P gave dishes ,a piece a week, when you spent over a certain amount in groceries. Most all businesses gave their patrons a calendar. A service man ran out and filled up your tank, checked your oil, and washed the windshield. I remember when repair men showed up to fix things we now simply toss away and re-purchase.

I remember all the above mentioned tv shows as well as Perry Mason, Gunsmoke, and Rawhide!
Yes, I remember the extra attention at the gas stations...plus Gunsmoke. We also had Bonanza, Big Valley, Daniel Boone, Marcus Welby, My Three Sons, Love American Style, Love Boat, Bob Newhart...
introverted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to introverted1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2016, 08:40 PM   #62
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=homoe;1110581

I remember when the A & P gave dishes ,a piece a week, when you spent over a certain amount in groceries. [/QUOTE]

I have a set of those dishes and we use them as our everyday dishes. I grew up with them and mentioned to my mom about 6 years ago how much I loved them and she was like... I still have them, you want? I was so excited.

We had the green stamps at Macys. I remember my mom trying to explain them to me but I also remember not getting it.

I remember weekends were spent outside on my bike when I was younger, checking in a few times each day. When I was older it was walking to a friends house who had a television to watch weekend entertainment. Usually PeeWee Herman followed by Hulk Hogan wrestling. Then we would take out a boom box and walk around all day listening to cassettes, usually Cyndi Lauper. We would walk to my grandmothers and she had the big block of yellow "government cheese" they called it. I think it was food bank cheese. She would cut off a hunk and hand it to me and my friends with a sleeve of saltines and we'd think we struck rich. We'd walk up the road to another neighbor who had a massive garden and sneak a cucumber or a carrot and then go hang out either by the railroad tracks or on a cliff overlooking our river and feast.

I remember our bookmobile, the beloved red bus filled with books that would come to a church up the road a way every few weeks. I loved climbing up those steps and smelling the books.

Gay and Grey- Yes to Pen pals, getting my mouth washed out with soap, and Buster Browns!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2016, 03:13 AM   #63
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Do you remember when your parents didn't have to tell you not to take candy from stranger, hitchhiking was safe and everybody did it, when men a;ways held doors open for a "lady", okay for a teacher to give kids a spanking, when penmanship was graded, phonics, Woodstock, there were no color TVs, there were no person computers, everybody was so excited when they were building a McDonalds, when you had a flat tire someone always stopped to change it, when doctors would make housecalls
Old 11-26-2016, 08:31 AM   #64
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone else remember a program the banks offered, I believed they were simply called "Christmas Club" where you'd deposit a set amount of money each week and then around the first of December they'd send you a check? Maybe they still have something like that?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2016, 08:50 AM   #65
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Does anyone else remember a program the banks offered, I believed they were simply called "Christmas Club" where you'd deposit a set amount of money each week and then around the first of December they'd send you a check? Maybe they still have something like that?
My company offers a Christmas savings like this but we don't get any interest on it. They cut us a check the Friday before Thanksgiving.
My credit union will deduct a set amount from checking into savings each week or whatever, but they don't send you a check

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2016, 12:40 PM   #66
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Absolutely I remember.

I would do it every year putting a little away each time so my girls would get some presents from Santa.

I also remember when you would get a toaster with new accounts, when they did not charge you for checking accounts and most of all: I rember when I would get 3-5% interest on savings accounts.

Oh yeah, free checks, too.

Ha!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2016, 01:48 PM   #67
deeds

How Do You Identify?:
G-d made

deeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone remember back in the 70's when they used to put dish rags and hand towels in powdered laundry soap?
Old 11-26-2016, 05:27 PM   #68
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
Does anyone remember back in the 70's when they used to put dish rags and hand towels in powdered laundry soap?
YES, I do and I always thought that was such a rip off! You might of gotten a free towel BUT it took up so much room that you got less soap!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2016, 09:42 AM   #69
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Does anyone else remember grocery stores having home delivery?

I mean of course you still had to go to the store in person, shop for them, pay for them, etc etc but still it was nice if you had other errands to run. Oh and of course we left the door unlocked so they could just walk and leave them on the kitchen counter.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2016, 11:28 AM   #70
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Does anyone else remember a kids TV show, prolly had to be in the mid 60's, about a monkey named either Chadder or Chatter? The theme song was.....

Chadder doesn't know that he's a pest...
Chadder's only trying to do his best....
BUT CHADDER WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU

Poor Chadder it was one catastrophe after another with him!
Old 12-01-2016, 11:39 AM   #71
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,844 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Maybe it's because I am in Canada, but I don't remember any of this... at least anything on this page...
I'm not that young, but I do not recall anything from the 70's... having been born in the middle of that decade...

I DO recall, milk and orange juice being delivered to my house... put in between the storm door and the screen door...
How do you define courage? Is it the absence of fear? You might think, under the weight of your fears, "I am not courageous." But maybe you have the wrong perspective. Courage can be measured in many ways, and is not the absence or denial of fear, but the willingness to act vulnerably. When you're faced with the unknown and then you stand on the edge of risk, courage brings you to the point where you are able to take flight, though you might be unsure of your wings.
girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2016, 11:43 AM   #72
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I remember everything in this thread and MORE but then again I'm OLD
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2016, 11:46 AM   #73
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,844 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

How about sticker books? Does anyone remember collecting stickers in the 80's? That was one of my favourite past times... I had a very diverse collection with my "scratch n' sniff" collection being the envy of my peers!
How do you define courage? Is it the absence of fear? You might think, under the weight of your fears, "I am not courageous." But maybe you have the wrong perspective. Courage can be measured in many ways, and is not the absence or denial of fear, but the willingness to act vulnerably. When you're faced with the unknown and then you stand on the edge of risk, courage brings you to the point where you are able to take flight, though you might be unsure of your wings.
girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2016, 12:18 PM   #74
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Disco and everything Disco related.....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2016, 04:08 PM   #75
Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
My brother was a DJ and he was so I to Disco. I was like 14 maybe but he would come for Christmas and tell me how awesome it was.

Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

~Lao Tzu
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2016, 05:56 AM   #76
deeds

How Do You Identify?:
G-d made

deeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputation

Do you remember when a pack of smokes a pepsi and a snickers were a buck for all,really only .90 after you got your dime deposit back for your pop bottle?Reagan's trickle down policies didn't do America so well in such a short amount of time..
Old 12-02-2016, 07:22 PM   #77
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Does anyone else remember grocery stores having home delivery?

I mean of course you still had to go to the store in person, shop for them, pay for them, etc etc but still it was nice if you had other errands to run. Oh and of course we left the door unlocked so they could just walk and leave them on the kitchen counter.
Actually they do home delivery now, at least here in Southern CA.

After I got out of the hospital, I used it all the time.

Amazon Prime (the $99 per year one not the Amazon Fresh for $299 a year) delivers food from several different grocery stores for no extra charge. A couple charge the same prices as in-store.

I still do it when I am too lazy to go to the store or if I am sick.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #78
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,736 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ....

Quote:
I was a DJ at a disco i have 200 12 inch extended versions records
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2016, 05:40 PM   #79
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegal View Post
I was a DJ at a disco i have 200 12 inch extended versions records
WOW you've kept them all this time! Do you have a turntable to play them on? If so, I'm think you've got the start of the makings for a GREAT disco party soon
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2016, 07:00 PM   #80
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
WOW you've kept them all this time! Do you have a turntable to play them on? If so, I'm think you've got the start of the makings for a GREAT disco party soon
I have a turntable! You can bring them here, firegal, it will be epic.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: