Notices

Old 12-30-2017, 07:05 PM   #3201
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Crooked House Christina Hendricks, Gillian Anderson Glenn Close

An Agatha Christie's most twisted tale, a spy-turned-private-detective is lured by his former lover to catch her grandfather's murderer before Scotland Yard exposes dark family secrets.

Mary enjoyed it much more than I.......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2017, 09:42 PM   #3202
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

We're watching Pretty Woman now.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2018, 07:14 PM   #3203
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,099 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Finally watched Room.

Yes, I did empty a box of tissues.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2018, 03:52 PM   #3204
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

born to fight a thailandese action movie it doesn't stop to give me chills even after all this time
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akiza For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 01:19 AM   #3205
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Brad's Status 2017 Ben Stiller, Austin Abrams, Jenna Fischer

A father takes his son to tour colleges on the East Coast and meets up with an old friend who makes him feel inferior about his life's choices.

I really enjoyed it............
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 01:25 AM   #3206
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Marshall 2017 Chadwick Boseman, Josh Gad, Kate Hudson

About a young Thurgood Marshall, the first African-American Supreme Court Justice, as he battles through one of his early career-defining cases while working for the NAACP.

I enjoyed it, but I would love to see someone do a movie about his actual journey to being appointed to the Supreme Court and once there how he was treated by his fellow justices etc etc
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 07:20 AM   #3207
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,079 Times in 8,587 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

We both enjoyed this very much. Better than I expected. Francis McDormand was exceptional, as usual. Woody Harrelson’s character was endearing, puzzling, and annoying all at the same time. Thank goodness this didn’t have a typical Hollywood ending. Looking forward to seeing it again.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 09:31 AM   #3208
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,099 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf - 1966, Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton

Being a theatre nerd and Edward Albee fan, I’m so surprised I hadn’t watched this until now. I was so blown away by this amazingly complex script so perfectly executed. No wonder it won 5 academy awards in its day. It’s now my gold standard for acting litmus. I’m wondering if I’d have the guts to attempt directing this on a local stage.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #3209
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Wind River

This was a heartbreaking movie. I liked it a lot though. Until I heard about this, I didn't know that there are no national statistics for missing Native American women.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2018, 12:15 PM   #3210
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default greatest Showman & Three Billboards Outside Ebbing

Just came back from watching Three Billboards outside Ebbing at the cinema, what a great film, well worth going to the cinema for. But if ya not that way inclined get it when it's comes out on dvd. The cast are really outstanding.

At the risk of being unpopular, went to see The Greatest Showman, and didn't like it. Some of the numbers were very good and the dancing at times was also, but the film itself I didn't enjoy. Guess ya just gonna have to make ya own minds up.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2018, 12:49 PM   #3211
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,806 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Post

I went with a friend to see this yesterday. I could not help but see the parallels between what is going on with our government today and what happened during the Nixon administration (as well as prior administrations).

For the most part, when the Pentagon Papers were published and people found out that the government had lied about Viet Nam for 30-years; people were outraged at the lies that had been told.

Today, lies and liars, eh, business as usual.

Then, burglars broke into DNC headquarters. Today, the Russians break into the internet.

Shoulders shrug.

Great movie, acting terrific. Parallels to today, upsetting to me.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2018, 02:16 PM   #3212
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I saw RIPD today. I have to admit; I adore Ryan Reynolds. He's a cutie patootie. And Bridges was amusing too. Sure, it had no chance of gaining accolades or winning awards but it is fun.

I've seen bits and pieces of a bunch of other movies today that I saw previously but RIPD is the one I'm going with today.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2018, 06:42 PM   #3213
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,987 Times in 9,938 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Brad's Status 2017 Ben Stiller, Austin Abrams, Jenna Fischer

A father takes his son to tour colleges on the East Coast and meets up with an old friend who makes him feel inferior about his life's choices.

I really enjoyed it............
I watched this (rented it on cable), thus afternoon.....what an interesting movie.... I'd say it ranks right up there with the movie , Crash. I like how there are several social topics of concern at stake in this movie: identity, in individual and social type ways; feelings of loss, regret poasibly, the idea that when we're young, we gave all these hopes, dreams and desires and how we try to achieve them. But somehow, like in the movie, our lives don't always stack up to what we imagined it would or could be, and how we tackle our own sense if self worth, retain our own sense of dignity, and how life is life, even if the outcome we try to achieve is nowhere near the expectations and desires held during youth ....as we grow in our life over the years.

Excellent movie: It made me cry, and I thoroughly enjoyed it..... thanks for sharing about this movie, homoe!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2018, 06:45 PM   #3214
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I watched this (rented it on cable), thus afternoon.....what an interesting movie.... I'd say it ranks right up there with the movie , Crash. I like how there are several social topics of concern at stake in this movie: identity, in individual and social type ways; feelings of loss, regret poasibly, the idea that when we're young, we gave all these hopes, dreams and desires and how we try to achieve them. But somehow, like in the movie, our lives don't always stack up to what we imagined it would or could be, and how we tackle our own sense if self worth, retain our own sense of dignity, and how life is life, even if the outcome we try to achieve is nowhere near the expectations and desires held during youth ....as we grow in our life over the years.

Excellent movie, I thoroughly enjoyed it..... thanks for sharing about this movie, homoe!
Yes well stated Miss Katz and I'm so glad you enjoyed it
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2018, 09:20 PM   #3215
Silk

How Do You Identify?:
An American Bohemian Femme
Relationship Status:
Galahad bleeds black and orange and I'm proud to ride pillion.

Silk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST Reputation

Saw Moulin Rouge for the ... okay I lost count after 74th time. What can I say, sometimes I obsess,

Silk

Last edited by Silk; 01-14-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Silk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2018, 11:30 PM   #3216
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Donnie Darko, for an online discussion group.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 09:54 PM   #3217
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

Finders Keepers ^^ good horror movie a possessed doll and a little girl who create havoc together
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to akiza For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 01:52 AM   #3218
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

This is quite sad:
Last Movie at a theater: Code Talkers (1st run)
Movie on cable: Snowden

Live more than 1 hour from a movie theater without a car and no transit. When I lived in a city, frequently (several times/wk) went to films.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 06:29 AM   #3219
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

We saw Pitch Perfect 3 last night.

It was cute and fun, as expected.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 10:49 AM   #3220
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
This is quite sad:
Last Movie at a theater: Code Talkers (1st run)
Movie on cable: Snowden

Live more than 1 hour from a movie theater without a car and no transit. When I lived in a city, frequently (several times/wk) went to films.
I can SO relate....we do have a movie theater here but it's pretty small with those smaller screens not like the stadium seating theaters I'm used to

Tags
film, movie