Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #521
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
***Peeking in to say hello and to let you all know it makes my heart happy that you all are posting in this thread!**

I have a few new recipes, some of which are my own that I will share when I get a moment to type them up. They are all Ketogenic recipes though because I am totally Keto (under 20 carbs daily) now. That said, I still have a few Paleo/lo carb recipes tucked away I can share if anyone follows that way of instead.

Later-
It is so good to see you here again!

I am in awe of your sticking to 20 carbs a day!

I really need to do a better job of writing down the net carbs from each item I eat. I have kind of been doing lazy keto because I pretty much know what is low carb now and what isn't but it would be helpful to actually track everything.

Don't be a stranger Jesse!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2018, 11:38 AM   #522
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
i know i feel much better when under 20 a day, but i tend to do too few and i think thats a problem.

i am also suffering with foot cramps big time. i know it’s a side effect but last night was the worst i’ve ever had. i take the supplements that normally take care of it, but they aren’t working. i’ll call my doc on Monday to see what she suggests.

anyone else deal with that?
I had severe calf cramps and general “Keto flu” symptoms( tired, dizzy) so someone on a lowcarb forum I follow told me to drink sugar free Powerade and/or bouillon. It really does help me!
Old 01-06-2018, 11:45 AM   #523
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
I had severe calf cramps and general “Keto flu” symptoms( tired, dizzy) so someone on a lowcarb forum I follow told me to drink sugar free Powerade and/or bouillon. It really does help me!
i’ve had them my whole life but OMG last night, was the absolute worst i’ve ever had. i woke up and my legs are sore all the way to the hip. took me a while to want to walk.

i’ll get some and try it
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2018, 06:40 PM   #524
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
i know i feel much better when under 20 a day, but i tend to do too few and i think thats a problem.

i am also suffering with foot cramps big time. i know it’s a side effect but last night was the worst i’ve ever had. i take the supplements that normally take care of it, but they aren’t working. i’ll call my doc on Monday to see what she suggests.

anyone else deal with that?
Hey Dee, Ketosis can cause an imbalance of your electrolytes, this is a major contributor to muscle cramps. To correct this, some just add a bit of Himalayan salt to their drinking water. The Himalayan salt does not have an overly salty taste, so just a pinch in each glass of water is barely noticeable.

I tend to forget to do that so instead I keep a pint jar of Sole' on the counter where I make coffee in the mornings. This works great for me and I no longer have the leg/foot cramps. I also use magnesium oil most days, which also helps with muscle cramps.

Sole Recipe:

Pint jar
Himalayan Salt
Filtered or Spring Water

Fill jar about 1/4 of the way
Add water, leaving about an 1" at the top
Tighten lid then shake gently to mix and let the jar sit overnight. If all of the salt disappears completely during this time, add more salt and allow to sit overnight once more. The goal is to have the water become fully saturated with the salt, (26%). At this point, there should be some salt remaining in the bottom of the jar, if not repeat until a thin layer of salt remains on the bottom of jar.

As the Sole is used more water and/or salt can be added to the jar and allowed to sit overnight thus keeping the same jar going indefinitely.

Use: add 1 teaspoon of Sole to 8 oz of water and drink first thing in the morning. Wait 20 min. before drinking/eating.

Sole provides multiple benefits in addition to offering relief from muscle cramps. It benefits hair, nails, veins, bone health, natural weight loss and is a natural anti-histamine as well.

Sorry, a bit winded today.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2018, 06:45 PM   #525
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
It is so good to see you here again!

I am in awe of your sticking to 20 carbs a day!

I really need to do a better job of writing down the net carbs from each item I eat. I have kind of been doing lazy keto because I pretty much know what is low carb now and what isn't but it would be helpful to actually track everything.

Don't be a stranger Jesse!

Hey Anya, and thanks. It got so much easier for me once I worked out my macros and started eating the proper amount of fat. Healthy fat satiates hunger. For my macros I use an android app called MyKeto from Google Play store. I love it! There is a free version but I coughed up the $3.99 for the full version because I wanted the Daily/Weekly tracking.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #526
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Knock on wood...I've had no cramps ever since I added lemon to my water. It balances out your pH levels. I've also added salt to my diet to drink more.

I just slice up the lemon and add it to my filtered water, letting it sit inside my water container until I drink it all up over the course of the day.

Drink more water to combat the flu like systems!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2018, 09:00 PM   #527
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

I didn't know what the word KETO meant and what the hype was , so I just now looked it up and it's the way I eat normally, I don't eat a high carb diet or high fat . I might be ill because of the pulmonary fibrosis but my cholesterol and blood pressure all the stats . sugar etc. are all in almost perfect guidelines. If << BIG IF it wasn't for my lung issues I would be in perfect health like I always thought I was. Till 2014, then cancer in 2015. It's a common sense diet the Keto.. everything in moderation, just takes effort in cooking for yourself and family. also in Europe it's a way of eating.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:48 AM   #528
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Used to do "The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet" back in the early '70s as a teenager and in good physical shape (gymnast), Have been thinking a bit about it lately. Bit worried about doing it with Type 1 Diabetes, but something has to rid me of the spare tire. Also, it might be good to have optimal health for surgery.

It's an all protein, zero carbs (no lettuce or tomato) Small bits of condiments such as ketchup, mustard, steak sauce. Small amt. non-fat milk if you want. I made a non sweetened cocoa/Sweet-n-Low mix for it.

One must drink 8 (8 oz) glasses of water to prevent kidney damage. You can drink as much diet pop/soda as you wish, but no matter, must drink the 8 glasses of water.

The various times that I have gone on this diet, I lost 2 lbs/day. Not water weight, but weight from ketosis. I could only stay on this for a maximum of 14 days, during which 28-30 pounds was lost. The weight did not return unless I ate poorly. Going on/off this diet permitted me to go from 132-76 pounds during one late Spring.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2018, 06:28 AM   #529
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Used to do "The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet" back in the early '70s as a teenager and in good physical shape (gymnast), Have been thinking a bit about it lately. Bit worried about doing it with Type 1 Diabetes, but something has to rid me of the spare tire. Also, it might be good to have optimal health for surgery.

It's an all protein, zero carbs (no lettuce or tomato) Small bits of condiments such as ketchup, mustard, steak sauce. Small amt. non-fat milk if you want. I made a non sweetened cocoa/Sweet-n-Low mix for it.

One must drink 8 (8 oz) glasses of water to prevent kidney damage. You can drink as much diet pop/soda as you wish, but no matter, must drink the 8 glasses of water.

The various times that I have gone on this diet, I lost 2 lbs/day. Not water weight, but weight from ketosis. I could only stay on this for a maximum of 14 days, during which 28-30 pounds was lost. The weight did not return unless I ate poorly. Going on/off this diet permitted me to go from 132-76 pounds during one late Spring.

Dr Atkins gave low carb woe to his diabetes patients, and soon saw the weight melting off of them, so do you think it would cause a problem with your diabetes condition?
Old 01-07-2018, 06:33 AM   #530
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
Knock on wood...I've had no cramps ever since I added lemon to my water. It balances out your pH levels. I've also added salt to my diet to drink more.

I just slice up the lemon and add it to my filtered water, letting it sit inside my water container until I drink it all up over the course of the day.

Drink more water to combat the flu like systems!
that’s great!

it’s my feet that get me, right in the arch, and my toes become completely distorted shooting in all different directions. It’s extremely painful and my feet and legs are sore the next day.

i’m going to try staying on track with a ton of water everyday and will try the lemon.
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2018, 06:49 AM   #531
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Default “Low carb vs KETO”

i found this to be a simple way to explain the difference. For myself, i am ‘officially' low carb. A KETO woe a specific amount of high fat, low protein, low carb and i just don’t want to calculate macros (there’s an app for this!). If i were to calculate, i may learn that i am doing the KETO plan, but i don’t want to put that much energy into figuring it out. I just know below 20 carbs a day is where i like to be.

i love the simplicity of low carb- it’s easy and i feel good when on it (except for the charley horses, which i am not sure are related)

WHAT IS A LOW CARB DIET?

Generally speaking, the term “low carb” can be applied to any type of diet where you reduce your overall carb intake. This is a very lose term and can mean different things to different people.

There is a general consensus out there that eating low carb “usually” means eating between 20 and 100 net carbs per day. That is a very large range, and not everybody will follow those guidelines.

A low carb diet does not equal a ketogenic diet.

WHAT ARE NET CARBS?

Net carbs are very easy to figure. All you have to do is look at the nutrition data for whatever food you are eating and subtract the fiber count from the total carb count. Many people choose this method to ensure they get more fiber in an eating plan that could easily cut out fiber completely.

WHAT IS A KETOGENIC DIET?

A Ketogenic diet does equal a low carb diet.

A Keto diet is one of many different approaches to eating low carb. It has very specific parameters with the idea being that you put your body into a state of ketosis where fat becomes your body’s main fuel source. It is considered a high fat, moderate protein, low carb eating plan.

While macros will be slightly different for each person, a Ketogenic diet will require that your macros are generally around 80% fat, 15% protein and 5% carbs. This can seem extreme to some people, but for those who follow a Ketogenic diet, the health benefits can be significant.

Plus, after a while, it becomes extremely easy to get that amount of fat. Like any diet, there is a term of adjustment. But it’s pretty easy to get the hang of.

That being said, a ketogenic diet is not for everyone. If you have certain health concerns, such as kidney problems, a Ketogenic diet will not be a good option for you. So talk to your doctor or a qualified dietitian before getting started.

KETO CONCERNS

If you think you might be interested in following a Ketogenic diet, I implore you to do your research. There are many concerns and issues that can arise based on your own, individual constitution. For those people who can benefit from this sort of eating plan, the benefits are endless. But there are things you need to watch for when following this sort of eating plan. So do your homework. This is not for everyone.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

I tend to follow a Keto eating plan and I have seen many benefits from doing so. Often people ask me how I can possibly be healthy eating that much fat. But when fat becomes your main fuel source, your whole body functions differently. Traditional nutrition “rules” no longer apply in that respect. I have seen all my lab work come back into normal ranges within a matter of months. So if you feel you may benefit from a Keto plan, it could definitely be worth, at the very least, a try.

IN CONCLUSION

Low carb eating is a broad term that can be applied to many different approaches and eating plans. It can be based on just about any number of carbs that are less than what you would typically eat. Every low carb diet out there from South Beach to Atkins will give you a different number of carbs to shoot for. So if you want to eat low carb, but are not interested in a Keto diet, you will need to do your research on the many, many low carb diets available on the market today.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2018, 06:23 PM   #532
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Anyone love pickles... and bacon? Here's a simple but yummy recipe I have been making lately, that is great for an appetizer or a quick snack.

Bacon Wrapped Pickles W/ Ranch Dressing For Dipping

You will need pickles of course. I keep a jar of Bubbies pickles in the fridge because they are naturally fermented and have zero carbs or sugars. Use whatever pickles you have, slices spears gherkins etc. For brevity's sake I will use spears here.

Preheat oven-400-425°F

When using spears, cut bacon in half and wrap a slice around each spear. Place on baking pan. Place wrapped spears in oven for 12-20 minutes, depending on your preference for bacon texture. Remember, bacon will crisp up a bit more as it cools. When to your liking remove from oven and allow to cool. These are better when cool, but so hard to resist straight from the oven. Lol! They are great dipped in ranch dressing as one would with fried pickles. Enjoy!

Here is the link to the ranch dressing I use, but there are a few others online you may like, so check around.
https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes...anch-dressing/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 09:32 PM   #533
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I got my spouse a pizza today and I got a huge salad, but I had some toppings off her pizza. While I was eating I remembered that years back when Atkins was real popular they had a restaurant somewhere that offered “ pizza in a bucket”, which was basically just all the toppings and cheese, sauce, (no crust) in a big bucket. I wish they still had this around.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:17 AM   #534
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

i’m taking out shrimp to make bacon wrapped shrimp in the next few days... i like to keep them in the fridge for a quick bite or breakfast
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 10:05 AM   #535
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I was breakfast experimenting...

Eggs, enough almond flour to thicken it up, vanilla, smudge of baking powder, cinnamon, runny pancake consistency.
Poured into a pan with melted butter, cooked and flipped.
Served with more butter and a little sugar free syrup.

It definitely is a do over!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 05:15 AM   #536
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

these are 2 carbs each. i am going to try one today.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 09:07 PM   #537
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
these are 2 carbs each. i am going to try one today.

update, i did have one the other morning, they are DELICIOUS.. but i noticed i was super thirsty after.... then i checked the sodium...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 11:33 AM   #538
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Does anybody here who is doing keto/lowcarb ever eat a spoonful of coconut oil in the morning with their coffee? I know some people put it in their coffee (bullet proof coffe) but I just eat a spoonful, or if I run out I will eat some cream cheese.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:04 PM   #539
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Does anybody here who is doing keto/lowcarb ever eat a spoonful of coconut oil in the morning with their coffee? I know some people put it in their coffee (bullet proof coffe) but I just eat a spoonful, or if I run out I will eat some cream cheese.
i tried it, also tried butter bullet coffee.. i can’t get passed the gross texture and taste.

it’s for a fat boost if your macros are low in fat.

my fat intake is ok so i won’t do this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 03:55 PM   #540
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,362 Times in 6,714 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
if mouth feel is important i wonder if coconut butter would work? Of course you have to love coconuts!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo