Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-17-2019, 04:50 PM   #4581
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I got 10K steps... just from work! I count that as 1 hr and 20 minutes of walking.

Gemme, do you ever consider tracking your steps or you just don't care? I bet you get a lot of steps in on your job.

CCB, it helps motivate me to keep a chart up on my fridge (not related to food!) for my exercise. I put up a calendar page for each month and fill it in with the exercise I do.

Greco, what is your resting heart rate? Mine is maybe 120, though I can't quite recall. When I do the stairmaster it is usually in the 160's, which feels quite intense, though in a good way. The 150's feel somewhere between moderate to intense. And if I hit the 170's I try and scale back. Any thoughts on HR? (Kelt too?) I'm excited to be getting my fitbit inspire HR.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2019, 07:45 PM   #4582
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I got 10K steps... just from work! I count that as 1 hr and 20 minutes of walking.

Gemme, do you ever consider tracking your steps or you just don't care? I bet you get a lot of steps in on your job.
I have thought about it! Through the process of cleaning things out, I found a very old fashioned style pedometer. It looks like a pink thermometer and has a belt clip. I don't know where I picked it up but considering it was only 4 bucks, I can't imagine that it would work correctly. I might pop in a new battery and see what happens for the sake of experimentation.

You're right; on most days I bet I get quite a few steps in. I'd love to get something to monitor not only steps but my calorie expendage.

Hmmm....online dictionary doesn't like that word but it's a movie so it's a real word. Hrmph!

Anywho, I'd love to but anything electronic doesn't work in my office. It's a verified dead zone. Annnnd....I'm a wee bit cheap so between those two reasons, I need to go old school. Maybe I'll get a more reasonably sized pedometer that I can clip to my shoe lace or sock.

I'm debating whether to go to the gym tomorrow morning. My head says NO and to sleep in late but my body filled up fast on dinner and I'm already starting to yawn so I think it's trying to tell me YES. Getting there is half the battle. We'll see if motivation beats out comfort under warm blankets when the sun hasn't even come up to say hello yet.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2019, 08:58 PM   #4583
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

NYCfem, if your resting HR is 120, go to a hospital!

Jeez, mine is was 61 this morning, 64 now. I think “normal” is somewhere around 50/70.

Will your new Fitbit do elevation so you can see how many flights you do on this new job?

Gemme, the regular pedometers work great, it’s only been recently that I’ve used this other stuff just because I have it. My Grandfather had a mechanical one that clipped onto the arch inside of his shoe and had a lever that had to just barely clear the ground so that stepping down on it would count a step. I used the kind you are talking about and even put my mother on one. No real need for all these other bells and whistles for a data set.

You can walk three strides normally and take the average, do that three times, average again and use your stride length to determine mileage if you’re interested in that.

Your job is a good one for staying in shape, but I know you’ve gotten satisfaction from the gym before. Try a few sessions and see if it sparks back up for you.

My check in says yesterday for the day was 21918 steps, 8.7mi with the beach portion taking 3hr. Today for the day so far is 18631 steps, 7.3 mi, with the beach at 2h45m. I ran out of day, the sun set!
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2019, 07:54 AM   #4584
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
NYCfem, if your resting HR is 120, go to a hospital!

Jeez, mine is was 61 this morning, 64 now. I think “normal” is somewhere around 50/70.

Will your new Fitbit do elevation so you can see how many flights you do on this new job?

Gemme, the regular pedometers work great, it’s only been recently that I’ve used this other stuff just because I have it. My Grandfather had a mechanical one that clipped onto the arch inside of his shoe and had a lever that had to just barely clear the ground so that stepping down on it would count a step. I used the kind you are talking about and even put my mother on one. No real need for all these other bells and whistles for a data set.

You can walk three strides normally and take the average, do that three times, average again and use your stride length to determine mileage if you’re interested in that.

Your job is a good one for staying in shape, but I know you’ve gotten satisfaction from the gym before. Try a few sessions and see if it sparks back up for you.

My check in says yesterday for the day was 21918 steps, 8.7mi with the beach portion taking 3hr. Today for the day so far is 18631 steps, 7.3 mi, with the beach at 2h45m. I ran out of day, the sun set!
With all the resting HR talk, I turned to my friend, Google. She says:

The normal resting heart rate for adults over the age of 10 years, including older adults, is between 60 and 100 beats per minute (bpm). Highly trained athletes may have a resting heart rate below 60 bpm, sometimes reaching 40 bpm. The resting heart rate can vary within this normal range.

They suggest to check it after waking while you are still in bed but it's too late for me to do that since I've been up before the sun but I got a count of 77 and that's with me sitting quietly in a chair and being as out of shape as I ever have been. Normally, it's much lower.

Counting strides on my own wouldn't work. I'd lose count and sometimes I have to walk next to very tall and/or long-legged people so 2.5 of my strides is one to theirs and I have to change my gait to keep up with those folks.

I'll see if this ugly pink thing works and, if not, will just go grab something easy from the Mart of Wally.

Well, I went! I hated it for most of the time but I went. I got up about a quarter after 5, said hi to the babies, had a banana (I remembered to buy some yesterday!) and off I went. It was busier than I expected but weekdays usually are.

There are 3 regular ellipticals and that's my jam since it works the whole body and I can really control how much I stress my body. I want to ease back into things. It's been 4-5 MONTHS since I regularly went. These old bones need some loving to get moving!

So, only one was available when I arrived and it was in the middle. Two older gentlemen were on the others. The guy on the right side of me, no problem. The guy on the left, problem. Big problem for me. He was a breather. You know, one of those folks that exhales really forcefully. I hate that sound. It's not Lamaze, buddy, and you're not in labor. Tone it down! He stayed for 2/3 of my workout and half of that time was me staring holes into his reflection in the glass in front of us. He also coughed a lot and basically spewed his saliva and germs all over the piece of equipment. This is why I wipe down the machine BEFORE I get on it as well as when I get off of it. You never know who's been distributing their DNA and germies all over everything.

One thing that helped me not completely lose my mind was that a younger woman came in and took the treadmill catty corner to my left and on the other side of the heavy breather. She appeared fit but when she started running, she stomped on that belt like she was a Clydsedale. I felt better about myself because I do the SAME THING. I am not light-footed by any imagination so it was nice to see/hear someone much smaller and fitter than I sounded the same as me. Win! Also, I noticed a slight unconscious upping of my effort once she started running. I can be competitive in the gym if I'm not careful but I let it go to see where it would take me and, happily, it wasn't too bad. I just found myself moving a little faster and falling in time with her foot strokes, like a bass drum. Win win!

So, obvs I made it to the gym and I was glad...at the end...to have done so but it wasn't easy making it through. The last 10 minutes were the best because I didn't have Igor on my left and by then a handsome fellow had saddled up on my right so there was straight eye candy as well. I'm a sucker for dark hair and light eyes.

I could have been his mother.

So, as we all know, machines are only as good as their last calibration and I think the machine last time was a little loosey goosey with the caloric burn but I felt that I really and truly earned the count on today's elliptical so I'm very happy with the turn of events in the end.

All in all, it said I murdered 275 calories, sashayed my way 1.88 miles through the Yosemite Valley and it only took me 35 minutes to do so.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 09-18-2019 at 07:56 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2019, 09:54 AM   #4585
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
CCB, it helps motivate me to keep a chart up on my fridge (not related to food!) for my exercise. I put up a calendar page for each month and fill it in with the exercise I do.
I'm not really the chart type. But. I am a planner whore and there are all kinds of "habit tracker" stickers for exercise and fitness and a whole sticker pack just for fitness. Maybe I need to get that and start including exercise in my habit trackers. I already track my art and tarot habits and it's very satisfying.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2019, 10:19 AM   #4586
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I'm not really the chart type. But. I am a planner whore and there are all kinds of "habit tracker" stickers for exercise and fitness and a whole sticker pack just for fitness. Maybe I need to get that and start including exercise in my habit trackers. I already track my art and tarot habits and it's very satisfying.
I put an exercise habit tracker in my planner for next week.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2019, 12:26 PM   #4587
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I am starting from zero, pretty much. I have bad arthritis in hands, knees, beck and tail bone area, and my knees are bone on bone from previous injuries.

So....today, I walked around the building at lunch.
Baby steps.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:35 PM   #4588
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Got up at 04:30. Took 2 trains and college minbus to college. Attended first day of 3rd year at college (yaaay!) Arrived home 19:10. Sooooo tired! Exercise done for the day! 8-}

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZz...
Old 09-19-2019, 02:07 PM   #4589
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Recoverd from previous 2 days. Did some isometric exercises till my legs felt better and non-wodhurty-wobbly. Did 400 steps on stepper and pootled around doing jobs around the house. Oh, also did a little standing Tai Chi.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:02 PM   #4590
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I was back at it this morning. This being up before the sun thing is great but man, it's tiring. I actually had to take a nap yesterday and it didn't even interfere with my sleep. That's incredibly unusual.

Well, there were a lot of people there again, and I got there even earlier than my previous days. I got the left most elliptical (the one the noisy guy breathed all over yesterday) so I wiped it down verrrrry thoroughly. The guy next to me glanced over a few times but I stayed the course and prepped the machine so I won't get any cooties I didn't ask for.

I opted to do the virtual hikes in New Zealand this time and I remembered my headphones so I got to hear all the animal chatter along the way. They also played music that I think was local to the area. I hadn't heard any of the songs. There was one in particular that I liked and part of the chorus went something like, "don't come in my kitchen cuz I'm not making nothing no mo'". It was sassy! The general vibe of the music was low key and relaxed EDM and kind of pop-y and dance-y.

Did y'all know that in NZ, it's not called hiking? It's called tramping and you don't walk on trails, you walk on tracks. Interesting. One of the info blurbs that popped up said one particular area was one of the most dangerous in the area but didn't say why until another blurb popped up several minutes later. Why wait so long? Those Kiwi are a funny lot. They have the cutest birds, though.

I felt good about today's efforts. I got into the course and the course music and it felt like the time went by a little faster than the previous days, which tends to happen when I listen to music as I work out. It was really nice.

276 cal, 1.88 mi, 35 min

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2019, 07:04 PM   #4591
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I walked around downtown while running errands. It wasn't a ton of walking but it was some movement.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 06:30 PM   #4592
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

More walking downtown today with a very fast friend! Got my heart rate up. I also did five flights of stairs.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2019, 09:24 AM   #4593
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The last couple of days the only time the tides cooperated were at right near sunset. Thursday night was a really spectacular sunset so I dawdled around and took some pretty good pictures. Last night it was an ordinary sunset but because it was a Friday night there were a ton of people out there having picnic suppers. Very festive and a fun vibe.

Anyway, I was getting home late so didn’t post, Numbers for the last couple of days:
Thursday 17,266 for 6.7mi
Friday 17,387 for 6.7mi
Those are all day totals

There won’t be any usable beach time during daylight hours today so I will be switching to lagoon trails. That will be a lot shorter because my local lagoon is undergoing an extensive renovation and the trails have spots where they are closed for the work being done. It will be a fun change of pace for a while and a way to mix things up. I will use Gemme‘s New Zealand terminology for that, I will be “tramping“, but on trails.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2019, 09:59 AM   #4594
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

My start goal this morning was a 50 mile ride.
I changed course at about 15 miles when I remembered there was a road I wanted to take that gives some serious hill training. So I ended up with 35 miles, 16 miles of which were long steep climbs.

I stopped at my halfway point and pulled over to a pathway off of the road. Along came this huge group of volunteers who walk shelter dogs. It was the best. At the front were all of the little dogs, which aren't really my thing, but I gave them pets, of course. And then came the pit bulls. They were staggered to give space between them. I was in heaven. I hugged all of them and some jumped up with me on the bench I was sitting on and they drooled on me and gave kisses while trying to sit on my lap.

Color me happy.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2019, 11:19 AM   #4595
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Coloring my world with Serenity

I'm trading my current "Upstairs, Downstairs" work routine for a role I'm going to assume in October … which is primarily lots of "sit down, stand up" comedic-almost, types of exercise, which ends every night with lots of juggling acts, and extended bouts of walking. So I'm looking forward to that change of scenery, come mid-October.

This past week it's been very wet in the Pacific Wonderland, but today holds promise of cotton-candy clouds and tons of sunshine. So I plan to go on a long walk, this afternoon. It's a stretch of about 5 miles... along the river front. I plan to park where my walk ends, but take the train to where my walk begins. Not sure how long it will take me to do it, but I've got a way to pack water and snacks, so I can stay hydrated and not go hungry, should a snack attack interfere with my exercise activity today. I've also got this small compact Coleman chair which is super easy to spring open and sit on, should I need to rest anywhere along the way. Right now, the trees along the river are simply gorgeous, and it's a calming activity to watch boats or watch for birds or watch for any pings upon the water.

The goal of my walking exercise today is to take in all the peace and joy I can absorb and renew my natural settings: To recalibrate my inner peace and joy, while celebrating the whole weekend as Fall Solstice.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 09:50 AM   #4596
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default HR...a long one

Are you enjoying your fitbit yet nycfem?
In answer to your question my resting HR is 51...to calculate resting HR count your pulse (at wrist) for 10 sec then times it by 6, that will equal your resting HR at that time.

Once bpm (beats per minute) raises to 155 I'm in anaerobic territory, so I stay between 135 -145 bpm...remaining here has created my endurance base.
So, fat burning for me was 125- 130 bpm which feels slow, but also ensured non-injuries. Yes, I had to learn that faster is not better, least not for long distance running.

What is normal HR? I trust my body, how it feels, my breathing, and yes my own HR, period. What I've learned is that my weight, past fitness, and current weight and fitness level is what is important.

So, beginning with my HR and keeping tabs on bpm has been most important...as well as listening to my body before, during, and after any movements I've engaged in...ie., running, biking, walking, rowing, swimming.

Listening also to how my body responds in exercise to the different foods I eat. For example, if I eat rice, more than 1.5 cups than I find my running and movement is more difficult...well, but yes I eat rice and stay at 1 cup most days.

Here's a way to figure out the HR for your age, my data:
start with 220 and subtract your age...
-67=
153 Max HR

75% training zone (aerobic zone)

x 75%
= 114.75

As you can see from these numbers by my age, I train at higher rate. Why?
I know that my previous fitness levels, my diet, and my reduction of high levels of stress through breath work, yoga (stretching) has supported my
body's ability to perform at my present level.

I share this to encourage others to not look at age as a negative factor in fitness. It has taken patience on my part to begin from where I was a morbidly obese butch of 238lbs to begin to walk slowly at first then to incorporate jogging into those walks.

What helped was remembering how my body felt when at its fittest when in the military, basic training, scaling that 7 foot wall, I remember it as my biggest challenge at the time...my body remembered too. My vegan journey began and that was hugely positive in propelling my body to move easier, and breathing became a joy. So, it's been many years since then...slowly I've been my own experiment...experiment of one...and this experiment continues...with gratitude. I want to share that its never too late...never.

Able to get to internet 1x per week only now...

This morning's cooler run 8mi...slow and easy...smiling

Have a great Sunday exercisers, Greco

What Is A Healthy Heart Rate - What Affects Heart Rate - What Is Maximum Heart Rate

Quote:

Greco, what is your resting heart rate? Mine is maybe 120, though I can't quite recall. When I do the stairmaster it is usually in the 160's, which feels quite intense, though in a good way. The 150's feel somewhere between moderate to intense. And if I hit the 170's I try and scale back. Any thoughts on HR? (Kelt too?) I'm excited to be getting my fitbit inspire HR.

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 05:18 PM   #4597
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Wed. 9/18, 35 min. walking, 4,900 steps

Th. 9/19, 40 min. walking, 5,150 steps

Fri. 9/20, 40 min. walking, 4,749 steps

Sunday, aka today, 10K steps, which I will call 1 hr and 20 min walking. I used my Fitbit HR Inspire today. It says that my resting heart rate is 80 bpm. It says that I walked 4.4 miles. As I walked, I think my HR was in the low 130's. My walk consisted of a street fair and then walking up and down flights of stairs in the gym combined with walking the gym floors in between flights.

I had made plans to walk with my brother but he had told me to meet him at his gym which was annoying and also it was hot out, so I cancelled. It was nice being in the air-conditioned gym, and I also enjoy doing the stairs there.

Today was my first day using my Fitbit. I'm excited at the idea of having my "puttering around the home" steps counted. #nerd

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 05:24 PM   #4598
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Here's what happens when I put my own data into Greco's formula:

"Here's a way to figure out the HR for your age, my data:
-47=
173 Max HR

x 75%
= 129.75"

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 06:07 PM   #4599
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Today I walked while running errands, in the grocery store, and lugged groceries up three flights of stairs.

Tomorrow starts my first day of using my habit tracker for exercise. I have aerobic exercise and yoga on there and have queued up a beginner's aerobic exercise video I like on YouTube, as well as a 20 min yoga video.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 07:23 PM   #4600
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Here's what happens when I put my own data into Greco's formula:

"Here's a way to figure out the HR for your age, my data:
-45=
175 Max HR

x 75%
= 131.25

Unfortunately, the training zone number really doesn't work for me. My heart rate has always skyrocketed the second I start breathing hard so for me to stay in the zone around 131, I can't really be doing more than walking somewhere between a meander and a clip. Brisk is not allowed. Forget jogging or running.

I'm good with the max rate, though. Having experienced extremely high HR, I'm happy to stay under that.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights