How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,125 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I made a pot of zipper peas tonight. I browned 3 cloves of garlic in bacon grease, then added a small chopped onion and one diced carrot. Then I added some chicken stock and some beautiful pork stock that I had left over from the pulled pork I made earlier this week. I added 1/2 a pound of chopped bacon and a pound of zipper peas, and some salt, a little sugar and some thyme.

They should have been delicious. I don't know what went wrong. Maybe zipper peas don't benefit from lots of seasoning; I usually just make them with a little bacon and some salt, or even just salt, and I love them.

I made cornbread to go with them, which was very good. The peas were passable, just not what I expected. I will finish eating them tomorrow and I might freeze some for a quick meal later.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 07:53 PM   #30282
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
Day off with comfort food. I'll be making carnitas enchiladas with green sauce.

Well....I didnt think that thru very well. I have packed what ever I thought I might make them in. Lol. It was more like casserole style in a microwaveable bowl.

And then to top it off, I broke my favorite juice glass. It had cherries on it. Good thing I have more. Of course, all packed up!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 08:00 PM   #30283
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Beef stir fry with rice

Tea to drink
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 08:51 PM   #30284
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

I sliced up a small Jalapeno (de-seeded it too) into rounds, and pan seared them in evoo..... then when they were nearly 'caramelized'? I laid a few slender Tilapia fish thingy's into the evoo and pan seared them quickly.

I got my Fish in for Fish Friday and a huge dose of Jalapeno, too. There's something about the composition of Jalapeno peppers that calms my muscles down and I am eating more of it therapeutically because I feel it helps ward off viral stuff (I'm not sure about that, but it's what I've been telling myself since I came down real sick last fall and Jalapeno's saved my life <<-- ).

Tomorrow I am making another batch of that yummy vegetable soup I made a couple weeks ago. It begins with organic vegetable broth and I add lots of raw beets (chopped up, after I roast them), parsnips, scallions, cloves of garlic, baby red potatoes, Jalapeno's, (I used to use carrots but have to stay away from them, but you can use them if you like) and a dash of fresh herbs (rosemary and basil) and a splash of acv, sea salt, freshly cracked pepper and at the last minute or so, I add rainbow bow-tie pasta and a sprinkling of quinoa. I let it simmer all day, then taste test it and if it needs something else, I add it. Oh, and add a small can of fire roasted chopped tomatoes if you can have tomatoes. I like to use fresh tomatoes when they're in season, but out of season I use canned fire roasted tomatoes.

PS, roast all your veggies first. That's what I do. It makes for a richer soup and it's sooo-sooo good. I even use the drippings of the roasted veggies to soup up the soup.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 10:03 PM   #30285
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,460 Times in 2,631 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dinner

Beef pie with mashed potato and gravy with side of broccoli. Ice tea.
Stone-Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2020, 09:48 AM   #30286
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,089 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Last night was an egg in a hole with a green salad. It was good and I'll probably have the same tonight.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2020, 05:36 PM   #30287
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

We made grilled cheese with steak, tomato and caramelized onion.
She was bored. She loved, had capacity to love, for love, to give and accept love. Only she tried twice and failed twice to find somebody not just strong enough to deserve it, earn it, match it, but even brave enough to accept it.”

~William Faulkner, The Town
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2020, 08:28 PM   #30288
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

The peas improved a lot overnight. Sometimes things are better the second day.

Tonight we had:
- pork chops
- green beans
- rice
- applesauce
- orange cookies

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2020, 10:34 PM   #30289
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

a mixed green cranberry apple pecan salad w a honey mustard vinaigrette
w grilled bread
french onion soup
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 02:14 PM   #30290
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

For Supper, I'll probably have some vitamin B12, some 81mg aspirin, some Alaskan fish oil capsules, some tabs of glucosamine, lotsa vit C, a shit load of anti-depressants and anti-anxiety pills ...and if all else fails, a very large cup of hemlock.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 04:01 PM   #30291
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
For Supper, I'll probably have some vitamin B12, some 81mg aspirin, some Alaskan fish oil capsules, some tabs of glucosamine, lotsa vit C, a shit load of anti-depressants and anti-anxiety pills ...and if all else fails, a very large cup of hemlock.

Since that was pretty much what I had for brunch...

I will be having the salmon with oven roasted new potatoes and brussels sprouts. (I dare any virus to survive 400 degrees)

The course just began.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 04:07 PM   #30292
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Are you kidding, 400 degrees is like a free sun tan bed for this virus, jack it to 500 degrees and rip its sunglasses off.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 04:29 PM   #30293
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Nah, bacteria die and Viruses "deactivate' at 249F (121C) under pressure, if you want to preserve them, freeze 'em.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 05:13 PM   #30294
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Nah, bacteria die and Viruses "deactivate' at 249F (121C) under pressure, if you want to preserve them, freeze 'em.

Well as I live and learn. Pity that my freezer is so full of hoarded chicken legs and 4 bean salad.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 05:18 PM   #30295
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
The course just began.
My course began a little earlier in the day, with a nice Louis Jadot Beaujolais. I already drank all the really cheap stuff, except for a box of sangria that I've had for about a year and a half, and have my doubts about.

Tonight for dinner was a bowl of peas and cornbread, and some applesauce.

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 06:37 PM   #30296
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Pot roast
Potatoes
Carrots
Green beans

Tea to drink

Ice cream for dessert
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 08:23 PM   #30297
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Started with...you know you have to cook that asparagus that's on the bottom shelf. Oh and I have a chicken
breast.

Stir fry asparagus with red peppers,jalapeno, onion. Add sliced chicken breast. Almost made an alfredo sauce. I changed the direction, lol

Added ginger and a little fruit cup of pineapple.
Chicken teriyaki, waaa-la. Open cupboard found sesame seeds to top off.

Way better and much lighter than alfredo sauce!

Yogurt and frozen strawberries.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 02:22 PM   #30298
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Coronavirus eating

Am presently eating butter chicken with rice and some fried bread thingie which I got take-out from the Asian noodle shop around the corner, run by young yuppie hipsters (20th century hippie entrepreneurs). Absolutely delicious, a tad spicy, but I now have very cleared out sinus passages!! There goes my budget (lol). First time that I have tried out this place, but I was desperate for something resembling Chinese food. I also bought another meal, crispy pork and pineapple and other thingies which I will eat later. They are only doing take-out.

I did a walkabout in my neighbourhood to check out some of my favourite restos. My absolutely favourite West Coast taco place has closed down completely . So are the two wonderful bakeries, one of which had the best homemade shortbread cookies and vanilla slices (their version of the mille-feuille) . The Thai resto has also closed down completely . There is also a little sushi take-out place in a kind of mini-mall (like 15 stores, 3 food places: soup & sandwich, etc.) and the whole little mall has closed down . My 2nd favourite pizza place has closed down completely . Micky D's is closed completely, it has no drive-thru (I don't usually eat there). Timmy's is open but only for take-out (I wonder for how long...).
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 03:56 PM   #30299
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Smile take-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Am presently eating butter chicken with rice and some fried bread thingie which I got take-out from the Asian noodle shop around the corner, run by young yuppie hipsters (20th century hippie entrepreneurs).
The reason I decided on this place is that, while it is closed inside so I didn't have to even go inside, it has a window that opens up to the outside (they also have a great rep), so I placed my order, paid, and he pulled down the window, and so I waited outside 10' while the guy prepared everything, and then he opened up the window and handed me a nice brown paper bag. Other people dropped by to pick up their orders (all of whom waited while one at a time they approached the window, social distancing 3 metres). I'm not afraid as yet, just my idea of 'abundance of caution'. I wouldn't enter any resto to get take-out.

My freezer is stocked but I know it will get much worse, and I'm saving what I do have.

My mind/heart said I wouldn't get covid-19. I used to have an "inner voice" (which I liked, but sometimes just told me wishful thinking ), and because of meditation, the mind combined with the heart (outside the brain), and it dissolved the inner voice. The mind/heart is totally neutral and objective, and, in general, I do exactly what it may say, even though I hardly ever hear it, maybe a few times a year. I did ask the mind/heart about the noodle shop prior to my walkabout, and it said it would be okay. I asked about another place, and it nixed that idea. I am protected by forces beyond the realm of thought, beyond my own self-protective actions.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 06:05 PM   #30300
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

- meatloaf (with ketchup caramelized on top)
- mashed potatoes
- green beans

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:

Tags
dessert, dinner, food