Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 03-29-2020, 07:31 AM   #201
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,458 Times in 2,630 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default CVirus

ocean, you are one of the most thoughtful, loving and caring women I know. No matter what you might be going through personally I am sure you always find time for others. I think the whole world if they knew you would like to ((((hug)))))))))) you too. This world is a better place because of people like you in it. Bless you Ms ocean and know you are thought about with respect and admiration.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 07:47 AM   #202
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
ocean, you are one of the most thoughtful, loving and caring women I know. No matter what you might be going through personally I am sure you always find time for others. I think the whole world if they knew you would like to ((((hug)))))))))) you too. This world is a better place because of people like you in it. Bless you Ms ocean and know you are thought about with respect and admiration.
DITTO.......
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 08:09 AM   #203
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
President Donald Trump is considering an “enforceable quarantine” of New York and the surrounding areas as part of a short-term plan to combat the coronavirus. Trump told reporters at the White House on Saturday that he was considering implementing the measure in New York because of the extreme number of cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, in the state. He said surrounding states could be quarantined too.

“We’d like to see New York quarantined because it’s a hotspot — New York, New Jersey, maybe one or two other places, certain parts of Connecticut,” Trump told reporters outside the White House. “We might not have to do it but there’s a possibility that sometime today we’ll do a quarantine — short-term, two weeks for New York, probably New Jersey and parts of Connecticut,” he added.

The plan would restrict people in New York and other federally quarantined states from traveling to other parts of the country. “They’re having problems down in Florida. A lot of New Yorkers are going down. We don’t want that. Heavily infected,” Trump told reporters.

Trump clarified that the potential measures wouldn’t impact truckers or trade. “This does not apply to people such as truckers from outside the New York area who are making deliveries or simply transiting through,” he said. “It won’t affect trade in any way.” Shortly after he announced plans for the quarantine, Trump tweeted that a decision about whether to quarantine the region would be made shortly.

Why is Trump so worried about Florida when the Governor didn't seem to be all that concerned when allowing the "spring breakers" free access to roam around?

Oh right that's where Mar-a-Lago is!
UPDATE:

Donald Trump announced today (March 28) that he was “giving consideration” to quarantining New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut—or perhaps just parts of those states—in response to the continuing spread of the coronavirus. Tonight he backed off the threat, saying instead he would issue a strong travel advisory that the governors of the three states should implement.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 08:38 AM   #204
Buckaroo

How Do You Identify?:
queer dyke butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
female ones
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,172 Times in 425 Posts
Buckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Now I have to wonder why we didn't send all that stuff to the U.S.
trump probably in his divine wisdom turned it down.
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Buckaroo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 09:41 AM   #205
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

Talk about something perfect, this is perfect!

Trump Campaign Threatens Legal Action Of this Coronavirus Ad
No update if he's taken any legal action but how he thinks he could win any lawsuit over this is beyond me!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 10:18 AM   #206
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
I feel your hug ~ ahh stone you always seem to know what I am going threw thank you ~
Old 03-29-2020, 10:37 AM   #207
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

((((((( everyone )))))))) here on the planet I received a lot of feedback on the post from 3/29 ~ it's refreshing to know how many of us are cut from the same cloth of love and faith ~ we will get threw this and when our lives are back in our hands ~ and not in the lost world of despair ~ we have "each other " to thank ~ we are the source of strength and unity ~ I'm not ignoring my faith ~ but the scientist's and doctors , nurses, healthcare , are our savior's many of the people in our community's that are volunteer's , mayor's and governor's ~ and friends whether silent or local. Thank you again for the heartfelt responses we all feel ~
Old 03-29-2020, 01:10 PM   #208
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I no longer have faith nor do I believe anyone anymore.

Noone is trustworthy and this virus has brought out the truth on how people and things really are.

Politics and religion are a farce, things you were taught to believe because it's what you were told.

Wake up people, we aren't gonna be alive much longer, so stop believing in fake things and fake people.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 01:39 PM   #209
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post

Noone is trustworthy and this virus has brought out the truth on how people and things really are.

Politics and religion are a farce, things you were taught to believe because it's what you were told.

Wake up people, we aren't gonna be alive much longer, so stop believing in fake things and fake people.
WAKE UP AND DO WHAT?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 01:45 PM   #210
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

North Korea is sending up short ranged missiels a lot since the virus outbreak ~ yet claims he has no cases ~ then u read he's secretly asking for supply's ~ I smell a RAT ~ and it's not Ratatouille
Old 03-29-2020, 01:46 PM   #211
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post

(((( JD ))))) just cause
Old 03-30-2020, 07:10 AM   #212
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,458 Times in 2,630 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default CVirus

It was just on the news that Drs doing research don't think there is going to be any kind of drop from the Virus before the end of April. Well if cabin fever has got you, best you get some antidepressants.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 08:57 AM   #213
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,119 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Well if cabin fever has got you, best you get some antidepressants.
I'm on antidepressants and I don't think they're working as well as they used to.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 09:04 AM   #214
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Ventilators...

Arthur McDonald, a Queen’s University professor who shared the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physics, is leading an effort by Canadian scientists at two national laboratories to produce a stripped-down, easy-to-manufacture hospital ventilator in time to meet an urgent demand for the machines because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Researchers at the TRIUMF particle accelerator in Vancouver and the Canadian Nuclear Laboratories at Chalk River, Ont., are now aiming to complete two working prototypes of their ventilator, one at each location, over the coming week.

“We feel that every country is going to have to have its own made-in-country solution for ventilators," said Dr. McDonald, who is best known for his experimental work involving neutrinos, elusive particles produced in the core of the sun. “The idea is that the capability is here in the particle physics community. We’re just trying to exploit it.”

How well Canada comes through the COVID-19 pandemic will depend crucially on its supply of ventilators, the complex medical devices that are used to keep patients’ lungs supplied with oxygen when they are unable to breathe on their own.

Dr. McDonald said he became aware of a potential solution when approached by colleagues working with DarkSide, an international physics project based in Italy whose goal is to snare particles of dark matter. The experiment uses argon as its detection medium and its design requires electronic controllers that can precisely regulate gas flow – a capability that is also required of hospital ventilators.

Prompted by the escalating state of the pandemic in Italy, where it has already claimed more than 10,000 lives, Italian researchers on the experiment designed a ventilator last week that is optimized for mass production with inexpensive off-the-shelf parts. The device requires a source of compressed oxygen and electrical power to operate but little else. Unlike conventional ventilators, it has few mechanical parts. Controls and monitoring are contained within an electronics unit that can be accessed via WiFi.

“We need something simple that can be produced at the rate of thousands of units per day," said Cristiano Galbiati, a Princeton University professor who is currently in Milan leading the Italian design.

A prototype is now undergoing a battery of tests in Italy to assess how well it can maintain a patient’s breathing. Dr. Galbiati added that plans for the device will be available to anyone in the world who wants to build one.

“The only thing that is important, if the machine works, is to have it replicated as fast as possible,” he said.

Support Scientific Research not Churches. Your odds of a healthy outcome are way better.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 09:21 AM   #215
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,119 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I was listening to the BBC World News this weekend, and they had on a show where they interviewed people from around the world about what it was like with COVID-19 in their part of the world. Amazingly, they had a woman on from my hometown in rural Georgia! And what she described reminded me exactly what that town is like and why I left.

No one is following the restrictions. There is a general attitude of "this is a free country and you can't tell me what to do." They think the whole thing is a hoax made up by the media. They don't understand how it spreads and they don't trust science or education. They all went to church on Sunday (except the Unitarian Universalists, of which this interviewee was one.) They all go wherever they want.

The BBC interviewer sounded shocked. She asked, "Have you tried explaining it to anyone?" The woman replied that it was very, very hard, and she was just trying to do the best she could.

Even our governor, when asked why he didn't order a shelter-in-place for the whole state, and not just the metro Atlanta area, said he "looked around" and saw that nobody else was following the recommendations. (Well, idiot, that's your job to make something stronger than a "recommendation".) (We all know that's got to do with re-election, don't we? Tell the people what they want to hear.)

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 11:07 AM   #216
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Ventilators...

Arthur McDonald, a Queen’s University professor who shared the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physics, is leading an effort by Canadian scientists at two national laboratories to produce a stripped-down, easy-to-manufacture hospital ventilator in time to meet an urgent demand for the machines because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Researchers at the TRIUMF particle accelerator in Vancouver and the Canadian Nuclear Laboratories at Chalk River, Ont., are now aiming to complete two working prototypes of their ventilator, one at each location, over the coming week.

“We feel that every country is going to have to have its own made-in-country solution for ventilators," said Dr. McDonald, who is best known for his experimental work involving neutrinos, elusive particles produced in the core of the sun. “The idea is that the capability is here in the particle physics community. We’re just trying to exploit it.”

How well Canada comes through the COVID-19 pandemic will depend crucially on its supply of ventilators, the complex medical devices that are used to keep patients’ lungs supplied with oxygen when they are unable to breathe on their own.

Dr. McDonald said he became aware of a potential solution when approached by colleagues working with DarkSide, an international physics project based in Italy whose goal is to snare particles of dark matter. The experiment uses argon as its detection medium and its design requires electronic controllers that can precisely regulate gas flow – a capability that is also required of hospital ventilators.

Prompted by the escalating state of the pandemic in Italy, where it has already claimed more than 10,000 lives, Italian researchers on the experiment designed a ventilator last week that is optimized for mass production with inexpensive off-the-shelf parts. The device requires a source of compressed oxygen and electrical power to operate but little else. Unlike conventional ventilators, it has few mechanical parts. Controls and monitoring are contained within an electronics unit that can be accessed via WiFi.

“We need something simple that can be produced at the rate of thousands of units per day," said Cristiano Galbiati, a Princeton University professor who is currently in Milan leading the Italian design.

A prototype is now undergoing a battery of tests in Italy to assess how well it can maintain a patient’s breathing. Dr. Galbiati added that plans for the device will be available to anyone in the world who wants to build one.

“The only thing that is important, if the machine works, is to have it replicated as fast as possible,” he said.

Support Scientific Research not Churches. Your odds of a healthy outcome are way better.

https://museum.aarc.org/galleries/early-icu-ventilators/

I have to post this link here, for those who are interested in ventilators, what they are and some history into how they have evolved. You see, this is what gives me a lot of hope. The principles of mechanical ventilation are the same today as they were back in the 1950's, as my profession was evolving. These days, modern vents are driven by computer modules and OS's (Operating Systems/Interfaces), but it wasn't always so. A return to these essential basics is what we can turn back to, in a pinch. We can always put something together that will accomplish the goal.....moving a gas/air mixture in and out of the lungs. This can be done in a very basic sense, with some very simple off-the-shelf materials. It doesn't really need to be all that complex. It just needs to work.

Back when I was in college, a medical center I worked at (Maine Medical Center, in Portland, ME) was still using the old Emerson mechanical ventilators from the 1950's in post-op cardio-thoracic patients. Those vents had no software programming to assist in making calculations for patient settings. We RT's did it with pens, paper and pocket calculators.

I used to always tell my RT students, in the clinic, to NOT become "knob turners and button pushers". They needed to learn to: 1. Know what they were doing, 2. Why they were doing it, 2. How to do it, and 3. What to do to fix it when things went wrong. Expect the unexpected and know how to fix it. This crisis, right now, is why I taught them what I did. One must always be prepared to return to the basics.

~Theo~
Old 03-30-2020, 12:57 PM   #217
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Thank you for this, theoddz. Truly, thank you.

I found it so very interesting to read and so strangely "current". So many of those images from 100 years ago could have been taken yesterday in our hospitals.

One thing that struck me was the ad for quinine...and that sent me down a most interesting rabbit hole.

Hill's Cascara Quinine
This January 1919 newspaper ad stated that "Spanish influenza can be prevented easier than cured." The ad promoted Hill's Cascara Quinine Compound which apparently treated "the common cold and headaches due to constipation."

Quinine water...tonic water...gin and tonic for Brits in malaria infested colonies:

"chloroquine was developed from quinine, an alkaloid found in the bark of the cinchona tree, which grows in the tropical highlands of South America. The Incas passed the bark cure to Jesuit priests, who transported it to Europe in the mid-sixteen-hundreds. The National Institutes of Health calls quinine “the most serendipitous medical discovery of the 17th century,” but its side effects—diarrhea, vomiting, partial deafness and blindness—could be devastating. A less toxic derivative of chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine, was developed in the nineteen-forties. Doctors and pharmacists call it HCQ."

One link to another, it all makes very interesting reading if you're so inclined.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 02:59 PM   #218
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

ODZZ you always know stuff ~ I love your posts !!
Old 03-30-2020, 09:17 PM   #219
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Would someone please explain to me who are all those strange new nics that appear on the list as being present but whose profiles I am not permitted to see...and all those nics whose info etc consists of nothing but a string of meaningless consonants.

Is there something here that everyone but me knows?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 08:27 AM   #220
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: