Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 03-31-2020, 09:07 AM   #3981
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gas prices drop to their lowest levels in four years, but many drivers have nowhere to go

How ironic......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 09:13 AM   #3982
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
It had slipped my mind but a while back Trump changed his resident status from New York to Florida. Perhaps around reason for the brown nosing!
As the coronavirus spreads throughout Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis finally took action this weekend—not to instate social distancing or quarantine requirements, like many other governors have done, but to target visitors from New York and various other states.

Update: He has ordered some restrictions on social distancing & stay home policies in certain Florida counties now as of this posting.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 07:50 AM   #3983
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Ruth Bader Ginsburg 'Ain't Having It,' Won't Stop Working Out In Coronavirus Pandemic...

The 87-year-old Supreme Court justice is still working out twice a week with her personal trainer while employing safeguards, the trainer told Law360.

Many gyms have closed to enforce social distancing during the pandemic. But Ginsburg continues using the Supreme Court’s private gym, trainer Bryant Johnson said. The instructor noted that the two are cleaning the equipment and keeping their distance while Ginsburg sweats through “planks, pushups and other exercises,” Law360 wrote. “Everybody’s been shut down. The only reason why I didn’t shut the justice down is because, hey, she ain’t having it,” Johnson said. “If she wants to train, that‘s the least that I can do.”

I'm sure your heart is in the right place Mr Johnson but it's not only about RBG and you, it could be other's health you could effect!
Old 04-01-2020, 07:59 AM   #3984
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
The 87-year-old Supreme Court justice is still working out twice a week with her personal trainer while employing safeguards, the trainer told Law360.

Many gyms have closed to enforce social distancing during the pandemic. But Ginsburg continues using the Supreme Court’s private gym, trainer Bryant Johnson said. The instructor noted that the two are cleaning the equipment and keeping their distance while Ginsburg sweats through “planks, pushups and other exercises,” Law360 wrote. “Everybody’s been shut down. The only reason why I didn’t shut the justice down is because, hey, she ain’t having it,” Johnson said. “If she wants to train, that‘s the least that I can do.”

I'm sure your heart is in the right place Mr Johnson but it's not only about RBG and you, it could be other's health you could effect!
Washington, D.C., officials are strongly urging residents to comply with the stay-at-home order that goes into effect Wednesday (today April 1st) to slow the spread of coronavirus. Hopefully RBG has a area in her home where she can continue her workouts!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 08:11 AM   #3985
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default New York liquor stores deemed "essential" under Cuomo's statewide order..

Really? Like we don't have enough problems ALREADY with the pandemic without throwing liquor into the fray!?
Old 04-01-2020, 08:56 AM   #3986
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Liquor Stores

Quote:
Really? Like we don't have enough problems ALREADY with the pandemic without throwing liquor into the fray!?
There was a Maritime province (Canada) that had ordered the closure of liquor store(s), but through medical advice, had one reopened. You can google to understand the reasons for that.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 09:40 AM   #3987
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I don't know, but I sure appreciate my when I'm watching hours upon hours of Netflix. And really, do you want a bunch of alcoholics going cold turkey during a time like this?

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 11:23 AM   #3988
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Chris Cuomo, CNN presenter and Andrew Cuomo's brother, has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 03:56 PM   #3989
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I don't know, but I sure appreciate my when I'm watching hours upon hours of Netflix. And really, do you want a bunch of alcoholics going cold turkey during a time like this?
Point taken GeorgiaMa'am.

My line of thought was that some people are already acting dumb and stupid with not obeying social distancing/stay home polices and liquor may only increase that! I guess this is what is called a double edge sword....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 04:53 PM   #3990
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default And of course once again those with power & money....

Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez aren’t letting cautionary measures to slow the spread of the coronavirus stop them from hitting up the gym.

The couple were photographed leaving their local gym in Florida on Wednesday even though Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis had ordered most of them closed two weeks ago. And it occurred shortly before DeSantis finally announced a statewide stay-at-home order.

Rodriguez, 44, and Lopez, 50, were seen leaving the gym through a door that had a closed sign taped to the front saying “This gym is not open,” the sign reads. “Stay home stay safe.” DeSantis ordered the closure of gymnasiums and fitness centers in the state on March 20 with few stipulations. Gyms that were at a resident building, fire or police station, hotel with a capacity of 10 people or less, or in single-occupant office building, were exempt.

Are these idiots nuts!? They have four children they are endangering.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:31 AM   #3991
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Washington state extends stay-at-home order to May 4.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 11:46 AM   #3992
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Quote:
Point taken GeorgiaMa'am.

My line of thought was that some people are already acting dumb and stupid with not obeying social distancing/stay home polices and liquor may only increase that! I guess this is what is called a double edge sword....
Georgia's right; the liquor stores are deemed essential because alcoholics can die from a rapid detox. That alcohol can take the edge off for the average person that drinks--making them and their stressors more bearable--is just gravy.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 03:00 PM   #3993
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

This coming week's temps could cause problems over in Seattle. People just can't seem to stay off Alki beach!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 02:40 AM   #3994
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
This coming week's temps could cause problems over in Seattle. People just can't seem to stay off Alki beach!

Temps are forecasted to be above normal with some days hitting 60 or above which, without a doubt, will drive many people down to Alki Beach regardless of the stay-home policy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 08:01 AM   #3995
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Temps are forecasted to be above normal with some days hitting 60 or above which, without a doubt, will drive many people down to Alki Beach regardless of the stay-home policy!
I am quite familiar with Alki beach and think you are right. Where I am now this last weekend the sheriff started writing citations for breaking social distancing. $1000 or six months in jail, or both.

Wonder if it will work.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 08:08 AM   #3996
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
At least some of the WA workers in “essential“ roles have been issued transit letters for getting to and from work. These are not yet needed and I don’t know of anyone being asked for it, but the employers are preparing their employees in case it becomes needed.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 05:47 PM   #3997
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,736 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Hell I,m happy to see the sun and get out in the yard.Hear lawn mowers in the distance.
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 05:53 PM   #3998
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:

1 Highscore

firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
At least some of the WA workers in “essential“ roles have been issued transit letters for getting to and from work. These are not yet needed and I don’t know of anyone being asked for it, but the employers are preparing their employees in case it becomes needed.
I know many folks working and they werent given letters.grocery store worker,bartender who is now working with the togo food orders.bank teller.Have not heard of anyone being checked.
Saw 4 mini-vans in Jack in the box parking lot backed up to each other with back hatches/door open 6 feet from each other.4 ladies sitting in the back of each of their own vehicle having a visit drinking coffee.I guess that is social distancing.
The Following User Says Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 06:25 PM   #3999
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegal View Post
I know many folks working and they werent given letters.grocery store worker,bartender who is now working with the togo food orders.bank teller.Have not heard of anyone being checked.
Saw 4 mini-vans in Jack in the box parking lot backed up to each other with back hatches/door open 6 feet from each other.4 ladies sitting in the back of each of their own vehicle having a visit drinking coffee.I guess that is social distancing.
Eastern WA agricultural warehouse workers and care providers for the elderly. Basically the folks I hire and their spouses. I don't know anyone else, that was just what I was told by them. Letters for future, no checking at this time. Maybe they won't ever be needed, I'm glad they have them though. My mother is in memory care there under very tight lockdown mandated by Wa state health department.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 07:22 PM   #4000
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Eastern WA agricultural warehouse workers and care providers for the elderly. Basically the folks I hire and their spouses. I don't know anyone else, that was just what I was told by them. Letters for future, no checking at this time. Maybe they won't ever be needed, I'm glad they have them though. My mother is in memory care there under very tight lockdown mandated by Wa state health department.
Well seems like it is like the virus testing... inconsistent my sister works at hospital and she/they weren't given letters and she is at work as I speak.Everything up here in greater seattle area has been kinda inconsistent.Yes ALL facilities are on lockdown. Its heartbreaking seeing relatives outside windows talking on cellphones to their loved ones inside and hospital staff using phones to face time their loved ones for the Pt. Some who didn't make it out of the hospital.
I look forward to seeing this change. Too much suffering
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking news, news