Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2020, 08:39 PM   #29
Kätzchen
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Attached to my wonderful partner <3
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: In a gated community.
Posts: 16,551
Thanks: 29,188
Thanked 33,782 Times in 10,851 Posts
Rep Power: 21474869
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Alice Russell (British Soul Artist)

Years ago, while earning a bachelor's degree, I made friends with an interesting guy who majored in Political History and Sociology. He lived up in the foothills of the Siskiyou mountains and ever so often, we'd get together with other class mates to study certain topics of interest in class, kind of like a round table event, but he hosted it at his house and he usually cooked a fabulous meal and we stayed for hours dining on food and enjoying good company while listening to his library collection of boot-leg taped music concerts.

This friend of mine turned me on to Alice Russell, back around 2006, 2007. My junior and senior year of college.

I don't know if any of you have heard of her, but she has got a serious range of voice and while some people might say she sounds like Adele, I say she's not anything like Adele.

For one, the materials/lyrics she works with are more concerned with social issues, rather than personal issues, although she does sing some songs a long those lines.

What I find both fascinating and refreshing about Alice Russell is the wide range of instruments and styles of soul/jazz/blues type of music that she and her band mates use to make albums of music that I feel is not your ordinary type of British Soul.

I like her stuff. I wish I could share the songs I have on a private CD that my friend burned for me, but here is her YouTube Channel, if any of you want to check out her type of music.

Link to her channel at YouTube: ~~~~>>>>>>> Alice Russell.

Here's a short clip from BBC's coverage of her venue performance for SXSW, back in 2009. Check it out. You might like her.

__________________
“Wild flowers don’t care where they grow,”
— Dolly Parton



“We badly need to raise our boys more like girls,”
— Gloria Steinem.

🌷🌷🌷🌷 🌷🌷🌷🌷
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:53 AM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018