Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 06-26-2020, 09:48 AM   #1421
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,113 Times in 3,005 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
Easy,

She does have a port. I don't know how to make it but I was recently reading about it. Do you have a recipe? I will also Google it.

Thanks for the suggestion, EGF!
I'm glad she has a port. That makes things easier.

There are a lot of ways to make stock. If you have a crock pot/slow cooker it's easiest. When I had cancer I couldn't handle touching meat but I had friends with a farm and they would make this for me any time they were processing a chicken or turkey.

I usually start with roasting a chicken and then breaking it down. But it doesn't have to be chicken. Beef bones can make the stock thicker though and that's not always desired- though it does add more protein.
Put all of the bones and some of the bone meat into crock pot.
Add in celery garlic onions mushrooms carrots turmeric salt and a small splash of vinegar (vinegar just helps break up the bones to release more nutrients). I also really like turnips in there.
Top with water to about two inches from the top.
Cook on low for at least 8 hours.
Strain.
Serve.

You can do all of the same stovetop with a big pot. It's just easier with a crock pot so you don't have to watch it so much.

If you can get Miso paste to make miso broth that's also super high protein and healthy to drink when you can't get food down.

Last edited by easygoingfemme; 06-26-2020 at 09:50 AM.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2020, 10:45 AM   #1422
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you, Easy! I'm going to do this tomorrow. Mom has a Crock-Pot. We also have a instant pot which I've only used three times.

I am going to try to get her eating as much as possible today. She had a horrible night but I made her eat a pudding cup and then I mixed a BeneCalorie into a small glass of Carnation breakfast drink and had her drink that. She's sleeping now but when she wakes up I'll make her eat again.

I appreciate your input. I'm going to go with the chicken. Any other suggestions please send them my way.

Thanks again!

~W
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2020, 12:13 PM   #1423
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

If you need to mix medicine into something, applesauce can be a good mix. The dairy might be hard on her stomach right now...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 06:53 AM   #1424
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

I am in the emergency department with my mother. She began vomiting and must have dislodged the PEG tube because it started leaking.

She's so weak that I had to call 911.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 10:16 AM   #1425
Starfish

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married to my Forever

Starfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am in the emergency department with my mother. She began vomiting and must have dislodged the PEG tube because it started leaking.

Lifting you and your Mom in prayer.
Old 06-27-2020, 01:35 PM   #1426
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:

((((((((( wrangler & mom ))))))))) stay strong ~
Old 06-27-2020, 04:29 PM   #1427
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Wrag... holding you and your mom in my thoughts. I know you will update when you can.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 07:47 PM   #1428
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

((((((((((((((((((((((Wrang & MOM)))))))))))).....I am saddened to hear this, buddy! Know many of us are holding you & your mom up, sending positive juju to you both!
Old 06-28-2020, 07:27 AM   #1429
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Default Thank you, everyone!

Update:

We spent over 12 hours in the emergency department yesterday. The doctor on duty didn't feel like my mother qualified to be admitted. The x-rays showed the tube was still in it's proper place. I attempted more than once to explain everything that was going on with her. He discharged her twice. Each time the nurses tried to get her up stomach fluids would flow out of the hole. So much so, that it puddled on the floor. How in the hell was I going to be able to take her home? She was in immense pain. She had not ate anything other than a pudding cup and applesauce for days. Nor had she gotten any sleep. He suggested I put her into a nursing home.

Thankfully, the charge nurse made the ultimate decision to keep her. I can't tell you how relieved I was.

It sucks that some doctors don't take the time to stop and listen. Or just want to move on to the next patient. I realize the emergency department is usually slammed but my mom is still a human being who is obviously suffering greatly. I will be communicating this to the higher ups.

I am getting ready to go back over. I'll fill everyone in once I find out what's going on.

Thanks for all the support. It's nice to have all of you and the planet to be able to vent and share with.

Thanks to you all.

~W
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2020, 10:38 AM   #1430
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Update:

We spent over 12 hours in the emergency department yesterday. The doctor on duty didn't feel like my mother qualified to be admitted. The x-rays showed the tube was still in it's proper place. I attempted more than once to explain everything that was going on with her. He discharged her twice. Each time the nurses tried to get her up stomach fluids would flow out of the hole. So much so, that it puddled on the floor. How in the hell was I going to be able to take her home? She was in immense pain. She had not ate anything other than a pudding cup and applesauce for days. Nor had she gotten any sleep. He suggested I put her into a nursing home.

Thankfully, the charge nurse made the ultimate decision to keep her. I can't tell you how relieved I was.

It sucks that some doctors don't take the time to stop and listen. Or just want to move on to the next patient. I realize the emergency department is usually slammed but my mom is still a human being who is obviously suffering greatly. I will be communicating this to the higher ups.

I am getting ready to go back over. I'll fill everyone in once I find out what's going on.

Thanks for all the support. It's nice to have all of you and the planet to be able to vent and share with.

Thanks to you all.

~W
(((((((((((((((((((((Wrang))))))))))))))). I am happy to hear they did keep her. Thank the Universe for NURSES! They are the ones who actually spend the most time with a patient!

Though "empty" the stomach still produces gastric acids, and quite possibly her stoma (site where tube is in) may be "stretched" thus allowing for that leakage. May be suggest a larger size feeding tube? Just my thoughts on that, having dealt with these sorts of issues in past. Does she have a stomal dressing to help stabilize that feeding tube? Just some ideas to mull over with the nurses?! Sends you big hugs & more for your mom!!
Old 06-28-2020, 02:12 PM   #1431
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
(((((((((((((((((((((Wrang))))))))))))))). I am happy to hear they did keep her. Thank the Universe for NURSES! They are the ones who actually spend the most time with a patient!

Though "empty" the stomach still produces gastric acids, and quite possibly her stoma (site where tube is in) may be "stretched" thus allowing for that leakage. May be suggest a larger size feeding tube? Just my thoughts on that, having dealt with these sorts of issues in past. Does she have a stomal dressing to help stabilize that feeding tube? Just some ideas to mull over with the nurses?! Sends you big hugs & more for your mom!!
I agree wholeheartedly about the nurses!

They are taking that PEG tube out tomorrow. I think you are right, Clay, regarding the stoma. You can see that it's much wider than the tube. I believe from all the pressure put on it from vomiting.

She now has an NGtube which is sucking all that nastiness out of her. She's experiencing pain but she's getting Dilaudid through her IV every four hours. She's also getting fluids. No food or drink though.

I had to laugh earlier. She asked the nurse for ice. The nurse complied but with instructions that she can only have a little.

I left the room and when I came back she was still eating ice. I told her she's only allowed a few pieces. She replied that she knew but she was addicted to it. She's a little out of it.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2020, 08:28 PM   #1432
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

They are taking that PEG tube out tomorrow. I think you are right, Clay, regarding the stoma. You can see that it's much wider than the tube. I believe from all the pressure put on it from vomiting.

She now has an NGtube which is sucking all that nastiness out of her. She's experiencing pain but she's getting Dilaudid through her IV every four hours. She's also getting fluids. No food or drink though.

I had to laugh earlier. She asked the nurse for ice. The nurse complied but with instructions that she can only have a little.

I left the room and when I came back she was still eating ice. I told her she's only allowed a few pieces. She replied that she knew but she was addicted to it. She's a little out of it.
Hey Wrang! Good on getting j-peg out. I have to tell you, I had an NG tube for 5 weeks back in December when I got so sick & was in hospital for 50 days, had surgery, too. They put a PICC line in my arm, into my superior vena cava to give me TPN (total parenteral nutrition)...a specially mixed bag of lipids(fats), nutrients, vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, etc, that I had for 2 weeks.

As far as her eating the ice chips..no worries as the NG will just suck it right back out...lol. BUT the chips will stimulate more gastric acids...

I, too, got Dilaudid IV for most all 50 days....whoohoo. It would make me so loopy, within seconds. The nurses got so much laughter once I was "drugged". LOL.

Otherwise, at least she has pain under control Has NG to empty tummy and got ice chips, so all is good, yes....at least control over some of her problems....hugs buddy!
Old 06-29-2020, 04:00 AM   #1433
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Quote:

Really good update! Unbelievable how you had to fight to get her admitted to get to this place. I'm really glad they are taking good care of your mom now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2020, 08:52 PM   #1434
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

I am not going to go into a lot of detail tonight because I am spent. They couldn't take the tube out due to complications. They called in a surgeon to ask his opinion. He said it's time for palliative care.

I will talk to her oncologist tomorrow. If he says the same I am going to get a second opinion.

I don't want to give up yet. I feel they have. Maybe I am fooling myself or being selfish. I just want to know for sure.

~W
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2020, 04:41 AM   #1435
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Mom had an echocardiogram which came back normal. This means she can start chemo on the 30th.

I hope she'll be strong enough to go. She's so sick right now. Barely eating or drinking. She gets weaker each day.

I'm hoping to some how get her feeling better by Tuesday. I'm also hoping the chemo works and works quickly.
Wrangler know you and your mom are in our prayers today.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:38 PM   #1436
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

I want to let everyone know that my mom passed away this morning.

I want to express to all of you my thanks and appreciation for all of the support, advice and kind words.

~W
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2020, 05:02 PM   #1437
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Just Saw Your Sad Post:

Wrangler, I think I can safely say that your love, deep affection and determined efforts to keep your Mom comfortable in such anguishing times touched all of us here, even to the point that now, in some small way, we share your sorrow.

As a stranger and as family, I am so sorry Wrangler.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2020, 06:32 PM   #1438
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default My deepest condolences..

So sorry to hear this Wrangler.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:36 PM   #1439
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Oh Wrangler. I'm so very sorry to hear this. My heart is with you and your family. You have been with your mom thick and thin through this. You gave it your all to be there for and with her and she knew that and you know that. But that doesn't take away the hurt and loss. My heart is with you and your family tonight.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2020, 08:06 PM   #1440
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I want to let everyone know that my mom passed away this morning.

I want to express to all of you my thanks and appreciation for all of the support, advice and kind words.

~W
Awww, Wrangler...I am heartbroken. You have to know deep inside that your mom fought as long as she could, and because of you, she was able to do just that. You did everything right by her, and no one could have done anymore that you so unselfishly gave to her!

She is always going to live inside you & your heart. I know there are no words, but do know you are in my heart & my thoughts always...more so now. (((((((((((((((((W))))))))))))))))).

My deepest sympathies & condolences to you & your family, Wrang!

Take care my friend!!