Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 09-24-2020, 05:09 PM   #601
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default A Quick Guide On What To Do About Your Doctors' Appointments...

Here's which medical and dental visits you should keep and which you should postpone during the COVID-19 pandemic.

So where do doctors’ appointments come into play? Some appointments ― like a weekly massage or perhaps a routine dental cleaning ― you should still postpone, but what about vital screenings or monthly checkups for health conditions?

We spoke with some experts to bring you this guide on which appointments you should keep, which you should cancel, and how to safely go to the necessary ones in the time of the coronavirus.

Routine visits should be determined based on your health history, COVID-19 risk, and what’s necessary.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-...b6eab77944d756
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 10:28 AM   #602
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default CDC director takes aim at Trump's Covid adviser: 'Everything he says is false'...

Dr Robert Redfield was overheard by an employee of NBC News on a flight from Atlanta to Washington. According to NBC, Redfield criticized Scott Atlas, a radiologist and Fox News talking head added to the taskforce last month. “Everything he says is false,” Redfield said about Atlas, NBC reported. Redfield later confirmed he had been talking about Atlas.

Atlas, who has no background in infectious diseases but who appears to have the best current access to Trump of any medical adviser, has been frequently criticized by the scientific and medical communities for offering what public health professionals say is bad advice about coronavirus.

Atlas has misleadingly called into question the efficacy of masks and social distancing, has echoed Trump’s call for reopening schools, and perhaps most controversially has support the purposeful contraction of the virus by young people to create so-called “herd immunity”. Public health experts warn that the viability of a “herd immunity” against coronavirus without a vaccine is unknown, given uncertainty about levels and duration of immunity in individual cases. They also say that achieving “herd immunity” would involve millions of infections and unknown thousands of cases of serious illness and death.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cdc-direc...131954759.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 09:04 PM   #603
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

More than a million dead from COVID-19 now.

NEW DELHI (AP) — The worldwide death toll from the coronavirus eclipsed 1 million on Tuesday, nine months into a crisis that has devastated the global economy, tested world leaders’ resolve, pitted science against politics and forced multitudes to change the way they live, learn and work.

“It’s not just a number. It’s human beings. It’s people we love,” said Dr. Howard Markel, a professor of medical history at the University of Michigan who has advised government officials on containing pandemics and lost his 84-year-old mother to COVID-19 in February.

“It’s our brothers, our sisters. It’s people we know,” he added. “And if you don’t have that human factor right in your face, it’s very easy to make it abstract.”

The bleak milestone, recorded by Johns Hopkins University, is greater than the population of Jerusalem or Austin, Texas. It is 2 1/2 times the sea of humanity that was at Woodstock in 1969. It is more than four times the number killed in the 2004 earthquake and tsunami in the Indian Ocean.

Even then, the figure is almost certainly a vast undercount because of inadequate or inconsistent testing and reporting and suspected concealment by some countries.

And the number continues to mount. Nearly 5,000 deaths are reported each day on average. Parts of Europe are getting hit by a second wave, and experts fear the same fate may await the U.S., which accounts for about 205,000 deaths, or 1 out of 5 worldwide. That is far more than any other country, despite America's wealth and medical resources.

“I can understand why ... numbers are losing their power to shock, but I still think it’s really important that we understand how big these numbers really are,” said Mark Honigsbaum, author of “The Pandemic Century: One Hundred Years of Panic, Hysteria and Hubris.”

The global toll includes people like Joginder Chaudhary, who was his parents’ greatest pride, raised with the little they earned farming a half-acre plot in central India to become the first doctor from their village.

After the virus killed the 27-year-old Chaudhary in late July, his mother wept inconsolably. With her son gone, Premlata Chaudhary said, how could she go on living? Three weeks later, on Aug. 18, the virus took her life, too. All told, it has killed more than 95,000 in India.

“This pandemic has ruined my family,” said the young doctor's father, Rajendra Chaudhary. “All our aspirations, our dreams, everything is finished.”

When the virus overwhelmed cemeteries in the Italian province of Bergamo last spring, the Rev. Mario Carminati opened his church to the dead, lining up 80 coffins in the center aisle. After an army convoy carted them to a crematory, another 80 arrived. Then 80 more.

Eventually the crisis receded and the world’s attention moved on. But the pandemic’s grasp endures. In August, Carminati buried his 34-year-old nephew.

“This thing should make us all reflect. The problem is that we think we’re all immortal,” the priest said.

The virus first appeared in late 2019 in patients hospitalized in the Chinese city of Wuhan, where the first death was reported on Jan. 11. By the time authorities locked down the city nearly two weeks later, millions of travelers had come and gone. China’s government has come in for criticism that it did not do enough to alert other countries to the threat.

Government leaders in countries like Germany, South Korea and New Zealand worked effectively to contain it. Others, like U.S. President Donald Trump and Brazil’s Jair Bolsonaro, dismissed the severity of the threat and the guidance of scientists, even as hospitals filled with gravely ill patients.

Brazil has recorded the second most deaths after the U.S., with about 142,000. India is third and Mexico fourth, with more than 76,000.

The virus has forced trade-offs between safety and economic well-being. The choices made have left millions of people vulnerable, especially the poor, minorities and the elderly.

With so many of the deaths beyond view in hospital wards and clustered on society’s margins, the milestone recalls the grim pronouncement often attributed to Soviet dictator Josef Stalin: One death is a tragedy, millions of deaths are a statistic.

The pandemic’s toll of 1 million dead in such a limited time rivals some of the gravest threats to public health, past and present.

It exceeds annual deaths from AIDS, which last year killed about 690,000 people worldwide. The virus’s toll is approaching the 1.5 million global deaths each year from tuberculosis, which regularly kills more people than any other infectious disease.

But “COVID’s grip on humanity is incomparably greater than the grip of other causes of death,” said Lawrence Gostin, a professor of global health law at Georgetown University. He noted the unemployment, poverty and despair caused by the pandemic, and deaths from myriad other illnesses that have gone untreated.

For all its lethality, the virus has claimed far fewer lives than the so-called Spanish flu, which killed an estimated 40 million to 50 million worldwide in two years, just over a century ago.

That pandemic came before scientists had microscopes powerful enough to identify the enemy or antibiotics that could treat the bacterial pneumonia that killed most of the victims. It also ran a far different course. In the U.S., for example, the Spanish flu killed about 675,000. But most of those deaths did not come until a second wave hit over the winter of 1918-19.

Up to now, the disease has left only a faint footprint on Africa, well shy of early modeling that predicted thousands more deaths.

But cases have recently surged in countries like Britain, Spain, Russia and Israel. In the United States, the return of students to college campuses has sparked new outbreaks. With approval and distribution of a vaccine still probably months away and winter approaching in the Northern Hemisphere, the toll will continue to climb.

“We’re only at the beginning of this. We’re going to see many more weeks ahead of this pandemic than we’ve had behind us,” Gostin said.

___

Geller reported from New York. Nicole Winfield in Rome contributed to this story.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2020, 09:37 AM   #604
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Covid cases climbing again in U.S. while Fauci warns 'we're not in a good place'...

Covid-19 cases are on the rise again across the United States as more and more states have loosened restrictions put into place to slow the spread of the killer virus, NBC News figures showed Monday.

On Friday, the U.S. logged 55,759 cases — the largest single day total in a month. And the troubling development comes as the global death toll from the virus passed 1 million with the U.S. continuing to account for over a fifth of those fatalities.

“We’re not in a good place,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s leading expert on infectious diseases, warned Monday on ABC's “Good Morning America.”

“There’s certainly parts of the country that are doing well,” Fauci added. “But … there are states that are starting to show an uptick in cases and even some increases in hospitalization in some states. And, I hope not, but we very well might start seeing increases in deaths.”

And as the weather gets colder, more people are heading inside where the danger of getting infected increases significantly, Fauci said.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 06:57 AM   #605
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Several news agencies are now reporting......

~~~

Vice President Mike Pence and Pence’s wife Karen announced testing negative for Covid-19
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 08:04 AM   #606
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~~

Vice President Mike Pence and Pence’s wife Karen announced testing negative for Covid-19
Jared and Ivanka also tested negative ~ FOR NOW << key point , I hope they continue to test negative .
Old 10-02-2020, 02:40 PM   #607
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
Jared and Ivanka also tested negative ~ FOR NOW << key point , I hope they continue to test negative .
You are generous and kind, ocean. I'm not.

I hope he has it, his children have it, and their children have it.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2020, 05:57 AM   #608
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post

lolol "YIKES" orema ~ and on that note can I put you in my will and oh ! heres my car ~ I don't use it anymore ~ and ummm how do u feel about real estate lolol ~ am I on your good side yet ?
Old 10-03-2020, 08:09 AM   #609
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
lolol "YIKES" orema ~ and on that note can I put you in my will and oh ! heres my car ~ I don't use it anymore ~ and ummm how do u feel about real estate lolol ~ am I on your good side yet ?
The funny thing is, you could put Trump and Mini-Me (Ivanka) in your will and they'd still treat you like crap, at least according to his niece.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2020, 08:41 AM   #610
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

I LOVE your honesty!

No doubt many others feel the same way but are afraid to come right out and say it Orema!

The night it was announced Trump tested positive I watched several news channels and while all the newscasters appeared somber and serious in their reporting...IMHO you just gotta know on the inside, they were doing the happy dance!
Old 10-03-2020, 08:57 AM   #611
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
I LOVE your honesty!

No doubt many others feel the same way but are afraid to come right out and say it Orema!

The night it was announced Trump tested positive I watched several news channels and while all the newscasters appeared somber and serious in their reporting...IMHO you just gotta know on the inside, they were doing the happy dance!
Thanks, homoe, but I don't think most people feel and think this way. I really don't. I think most people empathize with his family. I think they see them as unwilling participants. I see quite the opposite. They're all vultures and criminals, are only out for themselves, and are willing to turn this country inside out to get what they want.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2020, 10:52 AM   #612
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thanks, homoe, but I don't think most people feel and think this way. I really don't. I think most people empathize with his family. I think they see them as unwilling participants. I see quite the opposite. They're all vultures and criminals, are only out for themselves, and are willing to turn this country inside out to get what they want.
Agreed. Except for the babies. I don't hold ill will towards Barron or the grandchildren. They aren't at fault for who brought them into this world and they are too young to stand up to any of them.

My bestie sent this article to me and I agree with it wholeheartedly. It's directed more towards Trump than COVID but it's all related.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2020, 11:11 AM   #613
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Agreed. Except for the babies. I don't hold ill will towards Barron or the grandchildren. They aren't at fault for who brought them into this world and they are too young to stand up to any of them.

My bestie sent this article to me and I agree with it wholeheartedly. It's directed more towards Trump than COVID but it's all related.

He does not get to wage a war against people like me/us and expect me to welcome anything he brings to the table.

To hell with the lot of them including every single one of his descendants.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2020, 09:44 PM   #614
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default What really burns me up is......

When people, who down played Covid-19, like Trump and Christie go to the hospital and no doubt are rushed right in and given preferential treatment!

What I wouldn't give to hear, just once, is that they we're told to take a seat and they'd be with them as soon as possible.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:17 AM   #615
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
When people, who down played Covid-19, like Trump and Christie go to the hospital and no doubt are rushed right in and given preferential treatment!

What I wouldn't give to hear, just once, is that they we're told to take a seat and they'd be with them as soon as possible.

Then, this afternoon he cruised out to the veranda, took off his mask, and stood there like a king surveying his domain. He reminded me of a beta or lesser wolf acting like he was in control when the Alpha wasn't looking. A mere follower, a bit like an Emperor in New Clothes. 45's smug expression while looking out in arrogance. Who knows, he may have been looking across the street to where Dr. Fauci's offices are. Ha!

He made me feel, as an American, like a bug on the World Stage when the US was so respected before.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:43 AM   #616
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default Another victim of COVID

I'm saddened by this.

A 93-year-old pen maker in Coventry, RI is going out of business.

Garland Writing Instruments makes promotional pens and branded gifts, but owner Rick Becker said the company's orders dried up in the pandemic when trade shows and conventions were canceled.

"It was going along really well. We were growing. The business was growing. And the name recognition had really come back to life. But the pandemic hit, and it just sort of came to a screeching halt," Becker told NBC 10's Gene Valicenti on his WPRO radio show.

Becker said he's also had trouble sourcing components used to make face shields, which Garland added to its product line to compensate for the loss in pen sales.

The Garland name and the company's assets are for sale. The company has about 12 employees.

Garland made the pens that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi used to sign the articles of impeachment against President Trump.

The company was founded in 1927. Becker said it was the last company making mid-range pens in America.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #617
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Then, this afternoon he cruised out to the veranda, took off his mask, and stood there like a king surveying his domain. He reminded me of a beta or lesser wolf acting like he was in control when the Alpha wasn't looking. A mere follower, a bit like an Emperor in New Clothes. 45's smug expression while looking out in arrogance. Who knows, he may have been looking across the street to where Dr. Fauci's offices are. Ha!

He made me feel, as an American, like a bug on the World Stage when the US was so respected before.
AND....today he IS working in his office MASKLESS! Is he NOT supposed to be isolating? hell....ooooooo

AND his delusions of grandeur continue....with his saying "under the Trump administration all sorts of new CV19 drugs are being made. WTH??

I heard two new terms....actually the last one I knew, being a Nurse for so many years AND caring for some VIP's in my state of SC...
1. "political theater"....going out in a limo to wave hi to his supporters AGAINST MEDICAAL ADVICE (AMA)

2. "VIP Syndrome"...HE dictated every step of his care, planned his discharge to coincide with prime time news time....

I am so damn sick & tired of this azzhat & his craving for fame & glory...and his brainwashed followers can NOT see thru his BS.

I am beyond ready for this election to be done with!

Cathexis I LOVE your post!! High 5's!
Old 10-07-2020, 10:38 AM   #618
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 10-07-2020, 11:52 AM   #619
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I love it. I've been humming it all day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2020, 09:21 AM   #620
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Trump claims he won't participate in virtual debate...

The Commission on Presidential Debates announced on Thursday that next week’s presidential debate will be held virtually, with the candidates participating from remote locations as President Trump continues to be treated for the coronavirus.

But in a phone interview with Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo moments after the format change was announced, Trump said he would not take part.

“I’m not going to do a virtual debate,” he said. “I’m not going to waste my time doing a virtual debate. That’s not what debating is all about. You sit behind a computer and do a debate, it’s ridiculous, and then they cut you off whenever they want.”

On Wednesday, the commission said the Oct. 15 town hall between Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden would be held remotely in order to “protect the health and safety of all involved” amid the ongoing pandemic and Trump’s positive COVID-19 diagnosis. The commission said the audience participants and the moderator, C-SPAN’s Steve Scully, would be based in Miami, with Trump and Biden in “separate remote locations.”

Trump’s comments aren’t binding, and he sometimes makes bold public statements while in negotiations, only to compromise afterward.

Speaking to reporters before departing Delaware for campaign stops in Arizona, Biden remained skeptical about whether Trump would actually skip the debate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: