Notices

Old 12-03-2020, 07:34 AM   #14661
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~
Oh just life in general.......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2020, 05:17 AM   #14662
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,099 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

THE CONDO
Have pulled my place off the market. Don’t want people tramplin’ in and out the femme cave during the holidays or during this lock-down. Will probably connect with differemt realtor after the new year. Just want to chill for the next couple weeks.

CANNA-BUTTER/OIL
Haven’t loss much weight this month but havnen’t gained. Wanted to use up some canna-butter and have been baking more than usual. Should probably freeze some of these keto goods instead of munching on them. Hope they taste good when thawed. Will start making canna-oil with coconut oil. That’s more useful than the butter. I no longer use the butter to sleep and the oil can be used for things other than edibles.

THE VACCINE
I’m gonna take it but I’m leery as fuck. Don’t like being the first on the medicine front, but I want to be protected. I’ll get it after my doctor gets it.

A KITTY
Of course I want a kitty now, but I know I should wait till I move because it will be easier for everyone—especially the kitty. I’ve been without one for this long so I can wait a little longer.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2020, 05:16 PM   #14663
clementinefemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme

clementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputation

Excited to see my family in a few days, but I'm nervous about traveling - more for their health and safety than mine.
clementinefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to clementinefemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2020, 12:00 PM   #14664
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

WHO THE FUCK IS " Rubbervbk " from Russia ?

In fact, who are all those other many names that I am prevented from accessing whose nics i am blocked from checking out

Blast me if you will but when I am the only member in here with some 300 "guests" or Unidentified" persons in here, i get queasy abt my security.

Please understand me, Admin-Medusa , I appreciate the cost and responsibility you have faithfully undertaken here but also also please also accept that if you claim this to be a "community",even if it were to be entirely supported by you (both in cash and effort ), it is necessary to accept the diversities of opinion (even when they are rudely at odds with each other---otherwise it's just maudlin echoes , so why bother..... one statement and a "thank you " would be enough.).

I suspect the site loses a great many more members because of making increasing voices become "polite" and, sometimes, agreeably female, than for extreme diversity. For every person who comes here for a lovely calming foccacia recipe, I suspect there is a loss of 1.5 members who would rather have a meaty sexy or politically hot convo.

Maybe it's time to jack it up and let blood flow into member's brains or choose to just sit here and watch it fall asleep.

ooops I think I hear the faint strains of dying-swan-music off-stage.

As they say in Show Business: Just My Humble Opinion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2020, 12:34 PM   #14665
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post

In fact, who are all those other many names that I am prevented from accessing whose nics i am blocked from checking out

Blast me if you will but when I am the only member in here with some 300 "guests" or Unidentified" persons in here, i get queasy abt my security.

Please understand me, Admin-Medusa , I appreciate the cost and responsibility you have faithfully undertaken here but also also please also accept that if you claim this to be a "community",even if it were to be entirely supported by you (both in cash and effort ), it is necessary to accept the diversities of opinion (even when they are rudely at odds with each other---otherwise it's just maudlin echoes , so why bother..... one statement and a "thank you " would be enough.).

I suspect the site loses a great many more members because of making increasing voices become "polite" and, sometimes, agreeably female, than for extreme diversity. For every person who comes here for a lovely calming foccacia recipe, I suspect there is a loss of 1.5 members who would rather have a meaty sexy or politically hot convo.

Maybe it's time to jack it up and let blood flow into member's brains or choose to just sit here and watch it fall asleep.

A very intelligent post Collette ~ but as you know not all people can accept one's comments or "humble opinion's" as just that . Most people can't control the difference of "difference's ", with out over reacting ~ so they need to be monitored. I would not want to be that person who has to stand in judgement or what is right or wrong ~ I appreciate the differences. I learn from other's concepts. We all can learn or just accept. Keep thinking ~ it kicks out the dust lol
Old 12-16-2020, 01:09 PM   #14666
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Want to differ, differ. Want to explode, explode. Can't stand the explosion, put it all on ignore.

You do actually have that option but the option you should not have is to tell other ppl to stfu or to not to explode in opinion just cause it "offends " you.

The Admin (Site Owner ) can do that but then it becomes a question of the degree of "community" a site becomes.

Surely there is a degree of accommodation that can be made to continue vitality, if that is in any way a desirable goal.

If one thread goes off the rails, you can always move to another but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to allow what happens in one thread to define everything else. As soon as people stop jumping in, that thread dies of lack of oxygen but ppl did get to vent out their thoughts and what's unhealthy about that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2020, 02:04 PM   #14667
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Quote:
Want to differ, differ. Want to explode, explode. Can't stand the explosion, put it all on ignore.

You do actually have that option but the option you should not have is to tell other ppl to stfu or to not to explode in opinion just cause it "offends " you.

The Admin (Site Owner ) can do that but then it becomes a question of the degree of "community" a site becomes.

Surely there is a degree of accommodation that can be made to continue vitality, if that is in any way a desirable goal.

If one thread goes off the rails, you can always move to another but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to allow what happens in one thread to define everything else. As soon as people stop jumping in, that thread dies of lack of oxygen but ppl did get to vent out their thoughts and what's unhealthy about that.
Before you get kicked in the head I just want to say thank you. This needs to be said, stopping by four times a day just to be disappointed is pretty old. The old days were contentious but worth it for interesting conversation on a range of topics beyond “what’s for dinner”.

Last night I was on YouTube looking for anything on the topic of “Butch“ I posted that result in a different thread. Interestingly, I ran across a video from a few years ago made by an old member from this site. I remember how much I disliked her and in fact locked horns with her a couple of times both in the threads and in private message. It made me remember how aggravated I would get and how engaged I was with that community. I also learned a lot about things I never would’ve encountered anywhere else.

I don’t know that any of that is salvageable, just as it seems that the days of the butch/femme dynamic are gone. But having a place to post opinions on topics that are not part of main stream conversation away from the prying eyes of bosses and Auntie Pearl on Facebook would seem to still have some value. I may be wrong because I am not involved in other social media maybe it’s all just in private groups and that’s how it works now.

Musings of an old bulldagger…
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2020, 09:08 PM   #14668
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Before you get kicked in the head I just want to say thank you. This needs to be said, stopping by four times a day just to be disappointed is pretty old. The old days were contentious but worth it for interesting conversation on a range of topics beyond “what’s for dinner”.

Last night I was on YouTube looking for anything on the topic of “Butch“ I posted that result in a different thread. Interestingly, I ran across a video from a few years ago made by an old member from this site. I remember how much I disliked her and in fact locked horns with her a couple of times both in the threads and in private message. It made me remember how aggravated I would get and how engaged I was with that community. I also learned a lot about things I never would’ve encountered anywhere else.

I don’t know that any of that is salvageable, just as it seems that the days of the butch/femme dynamic are gone. But having a place to post opinions on topics that are not part of main stream conversation away from the prying eyes of bosses and Auntie Pearl on Facebook would seem to still have some value. I may be wrong because I am not involved in other social media maybe it’s all just in private groups and that’s how it works now.

Musings of an old bulldagger…
I wonder why people have stopped talking. Maybe all the older folks are all talked out and the younger folks are not interested in interacting in this way. Maybe it's private groups but I haven't found any that are active like this place was at one time. I know the butch/femme dynamic is not celebrated like it once was but there has to be butches and femmes around somewhere. I mean where did they all go? No next generation? We have died out like dinosaurs? Extinct? I mean we don't even have conversations about our imminent extinction and what happened. Where have all the butches gone?

Even if we don't want to talk about the butch/femme dynamic anymore we must have something to discuss. I mean beyond what we had for dinner and such. Maybe group conversations have gone the way of butches and the b-f dynamic. I doubt it's because we have to treat each other with respect when we argue. I mean we always had to do that. There never was a free for all on this site and people still talked plenty and argued plenty. But maybe they have all joined an online fight club. We can't find it because the first rule of online fight club is you don't talk about online fight club.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2020, 11:19 PM   #14669
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

One of my theory's in life I taught my daughters was that acceptance leaves room for forgiveness. It was what I practiced for strength to get through my childhood. I recognized acceptance from my education in private catholic schools . It wasn't from the bible or the teachers from nun's or priests. It was from quite the opposite ~ not wanting to be like they were. Non accepting , double standards . etc. School wasn't the only reason I felt the need to seek inner comfort and understanding. Integrity runs parallel with self confidence . With a closed mouth and open eyes you just know . Never to be confused with egotistical behavior. You can't see someone from the inside out when your focused on the outside. This is the time we have learned to hug one another , it being virtual let's everyone in , most are too shy or timid to make that gesture, I want to say ((((((( everyone ))))))))) I love people and I love all of you in OUR own community .
Old 12-17-2020, 06:25 AM   #14670
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

SNOW. We got like 2 feet of snow overnight and it's still coming down. It's over the top of my porch at this point.

My daughter- I like that we are both super early risers. She's in her own apartment now but we had fun texting about work/snow/wtf stuff at 5am.

COVID- we had another resident at work test positive yesterday but she hadn't been home in 10 days so I hope that means we avoid another quarantine. Quarantine when you live in a very small room and have to stage out sharing bathrooms and kitchen with 45 other women is a nightmare. For them to live and for me to manage.

Woodworking: I'm learning a lot and I LOVE IT. I'm becoming the woman who wakes before the sun to turn on NPR and start making sawdust. I have so many ideas and things I want to make.

Stay safe, everyone. Snow, COVID, the rest of the world. Stay safe please.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2020, 11:38 AM   #14671
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

This is on my mind.

It seems that many people believe that diversity of opinion inevitably leads to rude interactions and nasty comments. I have never thought that was necessarily a given. Nor have I believed that a polite voice cannot be a dissenting voice. I don't have to be an asshole to disagree with something and to make my opinion understood. Of course there are some people who hear dissenting opinions as nasty comments. And the clearer you are and the more sense you make the more some people hear your words as disagreeable and nasty. There's really nothing that can be done about that. But most people can hear an opposing opinion without crumbling or resorting to mean and angry responses. I agree that it does take more effort to find polite ways to say I don't agree with you at all and here is why than it does to simply say you are wrong and what you're saying is stupid. It takes effort and commitment to find legitimate reasons why you believe someone's opinions are wrong. And it takes a desire to be civil to find ways to express those reasons that don't insinuate the person is stupid or horrible for having a different opinion than you do. I have noticed that some people simply turn a specific comment into something generic and say I read stuff that say that and i think it's stupid. It's an almost polite why of calling you stupid while getting around the TOS. I never believe that calling something stupid is a justification for why it isn't a legitimate opinion. A person should have valid reasons for the opinions they hold. If you are going to disagree with someone you should at least respect them enough as a human being to put a little time and effort into explaining why you disagree and not just say it's stupid.

As far as where all the deep and meaningful conversations have gone here on this site I have no idea. But I don't believe having to express yourself respectfully is the reason these conversations are far and few in between.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2020, 02:15 PM   #14672
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I hope no one forgets the past four years of power-grabbing hostile, deranged type personalities who nearly destroyed democracy in America by relentlessly feeding mis/dis-information to people who are willing to believe lies over truth or believe fiction over fact.

And I am forever grateful that there are people out there who invest in the best interest of others.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2020, 04:44 PM   #14673
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,538 Times in 10,208 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Looking forward to this...

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2020, 11:22 PM   #14674
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

thank you Besame ~ good movie
Old 12-17-2020, 11:40 PM   #14675
clementinefemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme

clementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputation

Wow visiting my family makes me want a family of my own... why is my biological clock doing this to me in the middle of my master's program while 1000% single lol
clementinefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clementinefemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2020, 12:56 AM   #14676
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementinefemme View Post
Wow visiting my family makes me want a family of my own... why is my biological clock doing this to me in the middle of my master's program while 1000% single lol
As an older friend who was a mother told me when I started feeling this way: "Your biological clock will stop doing this to you in a few years. On the other hand, if you have kids, you will have them for the rest of your life."

I chose to get a tattoo instead of kids.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2020, 01:18 AM   #14677
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
I wonder why people have stopped talking. Maybe all the older folks are all talked out and the younger folks are not interested in interacting in this way. Maybe it's private groups but I haven't found any that are active like this place was at one time. I know the butch/femme dynamic is not celebrated like it once was but there has to be butches and femmes around somewhere. I mean where did they all go? No next generation? We have died out like dinosaurs? Extinct? I mean we don't even have conversations about our imminent extinction and what happened. Where have all the butches gone?
It seems to me that all the women who would have id'ed as butch in the past have now decided that they must be transgender. I don't know what's going on with the femmes - they're probably all wearing lululemons now if they have to go out and wearing pajamas all day with no make up while they work at home. I'm being kind of sarcastic, but . . . not really. My high femme days are few and far between. I think the pandemic is contributing to the demise of the butch/femme community.

I had hoped that the pandemic would actually bring our community closer, trapped in front of our computers as we all are now. But it doesn't seem to have worked out that way.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2020, 05:07 AM   #14678
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
It seems to me that all the women who would have id'ed as butch in the past have now decided that they must be transgender. I don't know what's going on with the femmes - they're probably all wearing lululemons now if they have to go out and wearing pajamas all day with no make up while they work at home. I'm being kind of sarcastic, but . . . not really. My high femme days are few and far between. I think the pandemic is contributing to the demise of the butch/femme community.

I had hoped that the pandemic would actually bring our community closer, trapped in front of our computers as we all are now. But it doesn't seem to have worked out that way.

Still here. Still butch.

I can only speak for myself but this year has been one big kick in the gut. I sank into myself for a good part of it. I was never a frequent contributor but would pipe up on occasion. It seems that with the disappearance of chat and many of the regular Planeteers the fluff threads are all that remain. Even my dinners have gotten too boring to post about.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2020, 07:56 AM   #14679
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Still here. Still Femme. Still getting dressed for work every day. Except for yesterday's snow day. My partner is as butch as ever which is about 100% max. So that speaks for my two people in the world. I agree, things are blending, a lot of folks transitioning- which- I'm glad they have the opportunity to do so when that's their true self and they can live it. I think a lot of people are "computered out" if they work from home and are on zoom and stuff all day. But we were petering here before covid so.... there's that. In general, communities all over are breaking down/changing/diminishing. We usually have a pretty active GBLTQ meet up group where I live and just looking at that one pocket, not being able to have meet ups, has really liquidated our community.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2020, 02:57 PM   #14680
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post

Yes, I suppose some people given no other option, would have previously identified as butch but now are able to imagine a truer identity for themselves. Over the past few years there has occurred opportunity for deep internal exploration of gender for a lot of people. Gender studies became the darling of universities giving rise to many thought provoking ideas and lots of writing surrounding gender and personal gender expression. Such discourse has allowed a diverse range of people to explore gender and look inward. It's given many people the language to express who they feel they really are inside. People can embrace identities that feel right for them that were not understood twenty years ago. Non binary, third gender and genderqueer are some of the identities that may be a better fit for many. I do think non binary works well for me, although I still claim my identity as a butch woman. Historically I have struggled identifying as either of the gender options recognized by the majority of society. I am not comfortable with either exclusively. I'm not clear what a blended version of both looks like for me. I cannot let go of a female identity because of my feminist ideology and I am never comfortable with identifying as male because of the patriarchy, the misogynistic world view and the privilege inherent in a male identity. So I flounder a lot. Not exactly sure who I am or what fits for me. I have been most comfortable identifying as a butch woman but over the years I've come to the realization that for me it doesn't matter that much. I am comfortable in my skin even if I'm not sure how to name it.

I often thought of myself as transgender because of my experience of being uncomfortable with society's definition of woman and could not see myself reflected there. But my feelings regarding the transgender community is reminiscent of how some people feel about the lesbian community. They would never identify as a lesbian because of their experience with the community. My experience with the transgender community is similar. Many transgender people insist on referring to butches as cisgendered. While some maybe okay with that I have never felt that worked for me. I struggled too long and too hard internally because my sex and gender did not match and my gender incongruence resulted in many negative experiences for me throughout my life. It's like spitting in my face to call me cisgendered. You shouldn't insist on giving people identities that they do not claim for themselves. This turned me off and made me protect my butch identity even more. At this point in my life I no longer give a fat rat's ass. I am a butch woman who is not cisgendered and is comfortable with a non binary identity.

But the interesting question I ponder often is what has become of the butch-femme dynamic in this brave new world. Gender identities are not sexual orientation. So what does new language for gender, new ways of defining oneself, different boundaries for self identification mean for sexual attraction? As a new generation of queers come of age what will define their attractions? Transgender include all types of sexual orientation so there are some queers in there. Non binary as well and third gender and genderqueer. Will there be a similar dynamic with a different name? Like gender, the boundaries of sexual orientation has expanded exponentially. It's a pretty exciting time to be young and exploring sexuality. I am neither but academically speaking it's interesting to consider.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: