Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 01-12-2021, 05:54 AM   #621
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I am starting to think this was not so much a bad dream but more of a premonition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
Hey President Pardon......seeing you have no morals and want to destroy everything on your way out.....I have an idea for you. Why don't you call up the Warden at Terre Haute and commute the life sentences of every death row inmate at that facility. There are around 52 of them there right now. Then send a bus to pick them all up and bring them over to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave so they have a place to stay while they are back getting on their feet. Lastly, give them all a commemorative AK47 to mark their release. That should really make for a "wild" January 6th protest like you have been calling for.
Disclaimer.......I woke up at 4AM this morning with this thought and couldn't shake it all morning. Presidental pardons need to have parameters because of people like Trump.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 10:50 PM   #622
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Gosh, what a long day. Did you all see that big breaking news story about how McConnell supports the idea of Impeachment, to rid the GOP of TP?

Wow. I could not believe what I was seeing, but gosh, if he supports the impeachment, will he follow through and hold TP accountable by convicting him of his egregious offense (s)?

I have been watching ABC news live stream, lately and they've been looping their mini-docu-coverage of the Capitol Hill Riot for hours now. Over and over again, which I think is a good idea, btw.

I so concerned for our nation. Super concerned. And *SOOO* worried that TP will not be held accountable in tangible, meaningful ways.

Democracy is precious. It is the very opposite of Authoritarianism, which is the antithesis of American values and tenets.

Please, please. Let the hands of justice prevail and let the hands of justice prevail for the SDNY, too.

Please, please.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 11:08 PM   #623
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Finally. It's really about time. This was criminal. I sincerely hope all involved will finally be held accountable. Good job Michigan Attorney General, Dana Nessel.

https://www.alternet.org/2021/01/rick-snyder-flint/

Republican Governor Rick Snyder of Michigan, whose actions led to the Flint water crisis that flowed poisonous water in to 100,000 homes and businesses, will be charged after an investigation by that state's new Attorney General, Dana Nessel.

"Snyder, his health director and other ex-officials have been told they're being charged after a new investigation of the Flint water scandal, which devastated the majority Black city with lead-contaminated water and was blamed for a deadly outbreak of Legionnaires' disease in 2014-15," The Associated Press reports.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2021, 12:13 AM   #624
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

REPUBLICAN ATTORNEYS GENERAL DARK MONEY GROUP ORGANIZED PROTEST PRECEDING CAPITOL MOB ATTACK

The Rule of Law Defense Fund (RLDF), a 501(c)(4) arm of the Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA), helped organize the protest preceding the deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol that took place on January 6, 2021.

As a 501(c)(4), RLDF is not required to reveal its donors. RLDF has received at least $175,000 from the Koch-backed Freedom Partners. Other RLDF donors include Judicial Crisis Network, the Rule of Law Project, and the Edison Electric Institute.

RAGA is a 527 political organization that helps elect Republican attorneys general and can accept unlimited contributions from wealthy individuals and corporations. As previously reported by Documented, RAGA received significant funding from numerous corporations in 2020, including Koch Industries ($375k), Comcast Corporation ($200k), Walmart ($140k), Home Depot ($125k), Amazon ($100k), TikTok ($75k), 1-800 Contacts ($51k), Chevron ($50k), The National Rifle Association ($50k), Monsanto ($50k), Facebook ($50k), Fox Corporation ($50k), Uber ($50k), Coca Cola ($50k), Exxon ($50k), and Google ($25k).

RLDF appeared in a list of groups “Participating in the March to Save America” on the March to Save America website alongside entities including Stop the Steal, Turning Point Action, Tea Party Patriots and others. (MarchtoSaveAmerica.com has been taken down

RLDF also sent out a robocall detailing where and when the protest would take place.

“I’m calling for the Rule of Law Defense Fund with an important message,” the robocall stated. “The march to save America is tomorrow in Washington D.C. at the Ellipse in President’s Park between E St. and Constitution Avenue on the south side of the White House, with doors opening at 7:00 a.m. At 1:00 p.m., we will march to the Capitol building and call on congress to stop the steal. We are hoping patriots like you will join us to continue to fight to protect the integrity of our elections. For more information, visit MarchtoSaveAmerica.com. This call is paid for and authorized by the Rule of Law Defense Fund, 202-796-5838.”

RLDF’s role in organizing the protests, which turned into a violent mob attack inside the Capitol, is ironic given its 2020 election campaign warning of “lawless liberal mobs” burning down buildings and committing violence. The campaign, dubbed “Lawless Liberals”, came in the aftermath of the largely peaceful protests following the murder of George Floyd by police and the shooting of Jacob Blake.

“The Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA)’s five-month Lawless Liberals video campaign repeatedly warned Americans about the dangerous reality of lawless liberals run amok in cities across the country,” RAGA said in a statement.

Republican attorneys general have been heavily involved in efforts to undermine the results of the 2020 presidential election. Shortly after Joe Biden was declared the winner, Republican attorneys general filed a brief with the U.S. Supreme Court that sought to reject some mailed ballots in the state of Pennsylvania. Republican attorney general Ken Paxton–who has been embroiled in bribery, abuse of office and other criminal allegations–filed a lawsuit in the U.S. Supreme Court regarding four battleground states and alleging unconstitutional changes to their voting laws before the 2020 election. Prior to the protests, Paxton appeared on Fox News and said he hoped to be at both rallies.

RAGA and Republican attorneys general issued statements denouncing the violence. “The Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA) and the Republican attorneys general (AGs) stand together to condemn the violence, destruction, and rampant lawlessness occurring at the U.S. Capitol today. These actions are an affront to the rule of law, our Constitution, and our American political discourse.”

After Documented published the robocall, RAGA issued a statement to reporters: “Republican Attorneys General Association and Rule of Law Defense Fund had no involvement in the planning, sponsoring, or the organization of Wednesday’s event.”

The Democratic Attorneys General Association revealed in a tweet RAGA originally appeared on the March to Save America website under “Coalition Partners”. The website later took out RAGA and put in the Rule of Law Defense Fund under “Participating in the March to Save America”.

https://documented.net/2021/01/repub...ol-mob-attack/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2021, 07:52 AM   #625
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Trump at the border wall yesterday.......

~~~~~

Oh that cocky, indignant, MotherFu&*$#!

I can't wait till they come for him!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:55 AM   #626
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I am listening to a livestream of impeachment proceedings @ CNN. J. Jordan is speaking and his words, ideas, and such foment the same seditious thinking of those who would priviledge lies over truth, fiction over fact. Jordan is not worthy of the Freedom Medal.

To me, the biggest lie in his speech is how TP secured the return of the hostage held by the Korean megalomanic, who died within hours after being returned to America, as worthy of TP remaining in power.

I certainly hope that for his role in supporting the treasonous current president, is to have his credentials revoked. Immediately. Jordan is no American hero nor does his blind servitude to an authoritarian make him a voice of the people in his political party.

Here is to justice being served to every person who stood in favor behind our unhinged, and deranged, occupant of the WH.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2021, 09:07 PM   #627
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
REPUBLICAN ATTORNEYS GENERAL DARK MONEY GROUP ORGANIZED PROTEST PRECEDING CAPITOL MOB ATTACK

The Rule of Law Defense Fund (RLDF), a 501(c)(4) arm of the Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA), helped organize the protest preceding the deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol that took place on January 6, 2021.

As a 501(c)(4), RLDF is not required to reveal its donors. RLDF has received at least $175,000 from the Koch-backed Freedom Partners. Other RLDF donors include Judicial Crisis Network, the Rule of Law Project, and the Edison Electric Institute.

RAGA is a 527 political organization that helps elect Republican attorneys general and can accept unlimited contributions from wealthy individuals and corporations. As previously reported by Documented, RAGA received significant funding from numerous corporations in 2020, including Koch Industries ($375k), Comcast Corporation ($200k), Walmart ($140k), Home Depot ($125k), Amazon ($100k), TikTok ($75k), 1-800 Contacts ($51k), Chevron ($50k), The National Rifle Association ($50k), Monsanto ($50k), Facebook ($50k), Fox Corporation ($50k), Uber ($50k), Coca Cola ($50k), Exxon ($50k), and Google ($25k).

RLDF appeared in a list of groups “Participating in the March to Save America” on the March to Save America website alongside entities including Stop the Steal, Turning Point Action, Tea Party Patriots and others. (MarchtoSaveAmerica.com has been taken down

RLDF also sent out a robocall detailing where and when the protest would take place.

“I’m calling for the Rule of Law Defense Fund with an important message,” the robocall stated. “The march to save America is tomorrow in Washington D.C. at the Ellipse in President’s Park between E St. and Constitution Avenue on the south side of the White House, with doors opening at 7:00 a.m. At 1:00 p.m., we will march to the Capitol building and call on congress to stop the steal. We are hoping patriots like you will join us to continue to fight to protect the integrity of our elections. For more information, visit MarchtoSaveAmerica.com. This call is paid for and authorized by the Rule of Law Defense Fund, 202-796-5838.”

RLDF’s role in organizing the protests, which turned into a violent mob attack inside the Capitol, is ironic given its 2020 election campaign warning of “lawless liberal mobs” burning down buildings and committing violence. The campaign, dubbed “Lawless Liberals”, came in the aftermath of the largely peaceful protests following the murder of George Floyd by police and the shooting of Jacob Blake.

“The Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA)’s five-month Lawless Liberals video campaign repeatedly warned Americans about the dangerous reality of lawless liberals run amok in cities across the country,” RAGA said in a statement.

Republican attorneys general have been heavily involved in efforts to undermine the results of the 2020 presidential election. Shortly after Joe Biden was declared the winner, Republican attorneys general filed a brief with the U.S. Supreme Court that sought to reject some mailed ballots in the state of Pennsylvania. Republican attorney general Ken Paxton–who has been embroiled in bribery, abuse of office and other criminal allegations–filed a lawsuit in the U.S. Supreme Court regarding four battleground states and alleging unconstitutional changes to their voting laws before the 2020 election. Prior to the protests, Paxton appeared on Fox News and said he hoped to be at both rallies.

RAGA and Republican attorneys general issued statements denouncing the violence. “The Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA) and the Republican attorneys general (AGs) stand together to condemn the violence, destruction, and rampant lawlessness occurring at the U.S. Capitol today. These actions are an affront to the rule of law, our Constitution, and our American political discourse.”

After Documented published the robocall, RAGA issued a statement to reporters: “Republican Attorneys General Association and Rule of Law Defense Fund had no involvement in the planning, sponsoring, or the organization of Wednesday’s event.”

The Democratic Attorneys General Association revealed in a tweet RAGA originally appeared on the March to Save America website under “Coalition Partners”. The website later took out RAGA and put in the Rule of Law Defense Fund under “Participating in the March to Save America”.

https://documented.net/2021/01/repub...ol-mob-attack/

Cin? Is the article I found today on ABC news (link) speaking to the same nature of events, mention in your article link?

If this is true, then I hope this becomes part of the resultant investigation into crooked members of the GOP and further implicates them so charges can be filed. Maybe all this horrible stuff they've been doing all along will force their political party to 'clean house' and rid themselves of rogue members of their party.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 02:12 AM   #628
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Cin? Is the article I found today on ABC news (link) speaking to the same nature of events, mention in your article link?

If this is true, then I hope this becomes part of the resultant investigation into crooked members of the GOP and further implicates them so charges can be filed. Maybe all this horrible stuff they've been doing all along will force their political party to 'clean house' and rid themselves of rogue members of their party.
Similar but not exactly. Your article refers to a report by Public Citizen that examines corporate and trade association contributions made since the 2016 election cycle to the 147 members of Congress who, at Trump's behest, last week objected to the certification of November’s election. My article is talking about how the the Republican Attorneys General Association and The Rule of Law Defense Fund, an arm of RAGA helped organize the protest preceding the deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol that took place on January 6, 2021. As well as a list of their donors and other groups participating in the attack.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 11:52 AM   #629
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

I like Clyburn's idea for our National Anthem: Lift Every Voice & Sing (James Weldon Johnson poem).

Link: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/act-...ry?id=75221927

I also think it is high time we change the name of the WH because White Supremacy just needs to go. Maybe change the name to somthing more reflective of the diversity of race present in our country: maybe, House of the People.

_____ ______
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 12:37 PM   #630
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Who knew so many elected officials are members of militant groups looking to overthrow the government. Isn't that a conflict of interest?

QAnon congresswoman faces calls for arrest after live-tweeting Nancy Pelosi's location to rioters
https://www.alternet.org/2021/01/lau...rt-2649869093/

GOP Reps Accused of Giving “Reconnaissance” Tours of Capitol Before Mob Attack
https://truthout.org/articles/gop-re...re-mob-attack/

QAnon Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene Threatens Joe Biden With Impeachment
https://truthout.org/articles/qanon-...h-impeachment/

What is the point of half-ass measures that avail nothing? Why can't elected officials be forced to follow the rules? That's half the problem right there. White privilege and white exceptionalism.

'They Should All Resign': Here Are the GOP Lawmakers Dodging Metal Detectors Installed After Capitol Assault
https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...tors-installed
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 10:11 PM   #631
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I like Clyburn's idea for our National Anthem: Lift Every Voice & Sing (James Weldon Johnson poem).

Link: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/act-...ry?id=75221927

I also think it is high time we change the name of the WH because White Supremacy just needs to go. Maybe change the name to somthing more reflective of the diversity of race present in our country: maybe, House of the People.
Maybe it just needs a paint job. The equivalent in South Korea is known as "The Blue House". Something in a nice woodsy green, perhaps?

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 10:16 PM   #632
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Marjorie Taylor Greene is from Georgia, unfortunately. She's a nut job, and a totally wasted voice in Congress on our behalf.

- Prince
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 06:55 PM   #633
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Trump requests large, military-style send-off........

ABC News
Trump plans to leave Washington Inauguration Day morning; Pence, Harris speak
JOHN SANTUCCI, MOLLY NAGLE, KATHERINE FAULDERS and ELIZABETH THOMAS
Fri, January 15, 2021, 3:04 PM
President Donald Trump plans to make the unprecedented move to depart the White House next Wednesday morning, just before President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration, ABC News has learned.

Trump has requested a large sendoff to be planned for the morning of Jan. 20, sources said, after he choppers via Marine One to Joint Base Andrews, where he is expected to give remarks to supporters and departing members of his administration.

Sources add that Trump has requested his departure ceremony to have a "military-like feel," although details are not finalized.

He hopes to depart to the blare of a military band, with a red carpet and military honors, according to sources briefed on the plans. Even some sort of military flyover has been suggested, they said.

Just go already!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2021, 11:16 AM   #634
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

I read a couple of news articles, over on CNN, this morning.

One article (found here) concerned itself with if there was anything that could actually move the public opinion needle, concerning the litany of lies and terrible things this person (tp) has done.

And the other article (found here) talked about the many lies uttered by t---p and their toxic political enablers/supporters.

I couldn't help but think of the forum thread started by Aj (Dreadgeek), back in 2010 (eleven years ago, now).

In Aj's opening post, Aj tabled certain propositions to think about, which can be found here (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...00&postcount=1).

That is what I have been thinking about lately. And the up and coming post-impeachment trial by Senate.

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2021, 02:26 PM   #635
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Ivanka Trump's..............

hairbrained tweets!

Ivanka Trump has deleted a tweet in which she referred to the mob of President Trump’s supporters violently rioting at the US Capitol building as “patriots”.

Ivanka Trump touted the accomplishments of her father, President Donald Trump, on Twitter — and received a stark reminder of his administration’s many scandals, failings and controversies in response.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ivank...b6efae62f8c1d7
Old 01-16-2021, 07:14 PM   #636
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default MyPillow Guy Presents Trump With ‘China’ Election-Fraud Theory, Lawyers Send Him Packing

In the final week of his presidency, Donald Trump met in the Oval Office on Friday afternoon with Mike Lindell, the MyPillow CEO and a personal friend of the president’s who presented Trump with six pages of documents, loaded with unproven conspiracy theories, that he told him proved that China and other countries helped steal the 2020 election for Joe Biden.

Lindell says that after a “five-to-ten minute meeting” in the Oval, Trump asked someone to take the MyPillow inventor to a different room to show his documents to “the lawyers,” and then asked for staff to bring Lindell back afterwards. Following a roughly two-hour wait, according to Lindell, he finally met with White House attorneys who dismissed his claims but said they would “look into it.” He was then not allowed to see the president again on Friday.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2021, 05:13 PM   #637
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Who knew so many elected officials are members of militant groups looking to overthrow the government. Isn't that a conflict of interest?
. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Marjorie Taylor Greene is from Georgia, unfortunately. She's a nut job, and a totally wasted voice in Congress on our behalf.
Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene finally got her Twitter account temporarily suspended. She was tweeting lies about voter fraud in Georgia and QAnon nonsense, per BBC and NPR respectively.

- Prince

Last edited by GeorgiaMa'am; 01-17-2021 at 05:19 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2021, 12:23 PM   #638
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

In less than 24 hours Trump will be out of office and Biden & Harris will be sworn in. I hear he is leaving town quite early so by the time I wake up tomorrow morning he will be gone, gone, gone!

I am nervous about tomorrow but also very hopeful and looking forward to it. I was so relieved there were not any big attacks on our state capitols over the weekend, so hopefully, the insurgents realize they are well-prepared for now. I just hope everyone is kept safe. It's also a bummer there can't be big crowds to celebrate but the important thing is that our country will be led by honorable, competent people as of noon eastern tomorrow.

I am really looking forward to seeing Kamala Harris sworn in by Justice Sotomayor using Thurgood Marhsall's bible. That will be amazing.

We did it. We saved our democracy using democratic means. Our country is in tatters and those of us still standing are lucky to have survived. I mourn the loss of all who have lost their lives unnecessarily to COVID-19 due to Trump's inhumanity and incompetence and anyone else who is no longer with us. I think the biggest lesson of all is to never take anything for granted and that the fight for justice and our rights will never end.

Tomorrow starts a new age. There is much work to be done. Thank goodness we will be in experienced and competence hands. God Bless America.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2021, 12:31 PM   #639
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation
Default democracy Now

https://www.democracynow.org/
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2021, 05:22 PM   #640
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~
just think only about 20 hours left of 45!!