Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-30-2020, 07:30 AM   #8041
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

of course after reading this my creative mind went into over drive.

I was thinking pick a theme. All ages can almost participate. Such as..memories of Christmas past. Each family member in a specific household is to come up with something. A quick paragraph, a picture, a drawing, etc. Then color copy enough copies for the other households. So say, 5 families, five copies. Put into a legal size Manila envelope or agree on a priority mail size.
Also include a receipe of the dish they love at Christmas. The younger kids can add drawings of Santa! Or a note they might send to Santa. So, basically a themed envelope that will be received before Christmas with instructions not to open until the 25th.

Also, maybe, schedule calls or zoom it, early in the day so everyone can talk about how they spent their Christmas eve.

I know these are trying times, especially during a family gathering holiday. With this envelope that arrives, at least everyone will have a tangible thing they can touch and look at all thru the day. Reading favorite recipes will make you think your having a meal. The older family members won't feel so far away.

Think I just might pull this idea together with my family💝🎄🎁🍪

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2020, 12:54 PM   #8042
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Good morning, crafty Peeps!

I have a (sort of) crafting dilemma that I hope everyone can contribute some ideas to. I have a medium-sized extended family, and we're not going to be able to get together in person for Christmas like we usually do. It's just too risky - I'm immunocompromised, there are little kids, elderly people. We're all agreed that it's just not going to happen this year, and a Zoom dinner isn't going to cut it. (My weirdo family doesn't talk during meals - it would just be streaming camera of all of us chewing our food.)

But what can we do, that would take into account that different people will want to do different things and have different capabilities? A couple of ideas I had:
- Some people could write newsy Christmas cards and mark on the outside "Do Not Open Til December 25"
- Some people could assemble boxes of gifts and mail them to the different households. Maybe we could Zoom the opening of presents.
- We could reserve December 25th for making phone calls to each other (and other friends and family, too).

These ideas seem really straightforward and not very festive though. I want to bring all age groups into it (we have ages 2 through 90). Keep in mind we would have to get started on this right away, since if the post office is involved, stuff should probably get there no later than November 30. I want something whimsical, that maybe only I could do - but how could I encourage other people to be whimsical in their own way? And - number one - how can I keep this and make it sound LOW EFFORT? My family doesn't get jollied into projects very easily. The trade off is that we will not be travelling three hours each way to see each other in person.

I would like to avoid the route of exchanging Christmas cards with just the name signed inside and a gift card included. You know what I mean.

So hopefully now your creative juices are flowing. Please post any ideas you have here for me. And if I can offer feedback on any ideas you have for your own family gatherings, I will be very happy to do so - just let me know.

Happy Merry Merry,
Georgia
I love your ideas as well as Besame's and sis' too. What if...keeping LOW EFFORT in mind...each part of the family sends a recipe for a part of the Christmas meal to another. Kind of like a long distance pot luck. Kids can have input into what to send and how to decorate or plate the dishes made and the more seasoned family members get a chance to taste a dish that Auntie So and So always made, etc. That will be something that could be received ahead of time to get the ingredients but shared on Christmas Day.

Maybe with the recipe given could be a specific memory that could be shared on Zoom or the phone Christmas Day.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2020, 09:01 PM   #8043
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,458 Times in 2,630 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default penpals etc.

I don't normally make suggestions in these threads but after reading them (curious) I am wondering with all these wonderful ideas why each member of peoples family and friends don't spend $30. on a camera and mike so you call chat live. Skype is free and it is great for keeping in touch and talking face to face. Just a thought. Amazon has tons.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2021, 06:16 PM   #8044
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,119 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Pen Pal Types,

Just some snail mail news I thought you all might be interested in:

I heard a story on NPR's Marketplace and it made me think of this group. They were talking about greeting cards during the time of Covid. A greeting card company owner (sorry I don't remember which one, but it wasn't Hallmark) said that sales have increased exponentially for sympathy cards and "thinking of you" type cards.

The increase in sales of sympathy cards is a little macabre, although expected, I suppose. But "thinking of you" cards - maybe it's time to send out some (non-holiday) cards to the people on my holiday card list.

I have also noticed that the greeting card section of the grocery store seems to be crowded lately. I had thought it was just the luck of the draw - lots of people crowding the aisle when I happened to be there - but maybe there's something more to it than that. Everybody misses their friends, of course, but I wonder if hanging out in the card aisle is a way to prolong the trip to the grocery store? - and stay out in public a little longer. Just a thought (not that I recommend lurking in the card aisle during Covid).

I'm not really proposing a group project here, just passing along some news. Hope you all are well -

Georgia

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2021, 07:23 AM   #8045
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hi Pen Pal Types,

Just some snail mail news I thought you all might be interested in:

I heard a story on NPR's Marketplace and it made me think of this group. They were talking about greeting cards during the time of Covid. A greeting card company owner (sorry I don't remember which one, but it wasn't Hallmark) said that sales have increased exponentially for sympathy cards and "thinking of you" type cards.

The increase in sales of sympathy cards is a little macabre, although expected, I suppose. But "thinking of you" cards - maybe it's time to send out some (non-holiday) cards to the people on my holiday card list.

I have also noticed that the greeting card section of the grocery store seems to be crowded lately. I had thought it was just the luck of the draw - lots of people crowding the aisle when I happened to be there - but maybe there's something more to it than that. Everybody misses their friends, of course, but I wonder if hanging out in the card aisle is a way to prolong the trip to the grocery store? - and stay out in public a little longer. Just a thought (not that I recommend lurking in the card aisle during Covid).

I'm not really proposing a group project here, just passing along some news. Hope you all are well -

Georgia
I read similar articles on Bloomberg and Fast Company.

I've always been a card sender, but since Covid I know I've sent even more!

At Halloween in fact I sent several cards and wrote inside " Yup, ghosts and gobbling's are scary, but not as scary as a pandemic"!

I re-connected with two friends from Milwaukee, during Covid, that I had lost track of, and have sent each numerous cards. One is a real movie buff and got most of her DVD's thru the library rental system, but once Covid hit, and that wasn't possible, I sent her several DVD's as well.

To be honest I can't say I've received more cards during Covid, but IMHO "tis better to give than receive" still holds true for me, even during a pandemic!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2021, 07:30 AM   #8046
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gosh maybe we should start.......

~~~

A card exchange! Anyone up for it? I'd prefer something lose and unstructured without time constrains myself!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2021, 03:23 PM   #8047
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~~

A card exchange! Anyone up for it? I'd prefer something lose and unstructured without time constrains myself!
That should of been loose as in without a lot of rules.....
Old 03-26-2021, 10:28 PM   #8048
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Loose and unstructured that's kind of vague and open ended sounding, what does that mean and how would it work?
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 03:44 PM   #8049
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Hi, all - I'm trying to come out of hiding. It's spring break this week so that helps. Miss y'all!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2021, 04:56 PM   #8050
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Hi, all - I'm trying to come out of hiding. It's spring break this week so that helps. Miss y'all!
nycfem ❤❤❤we have missed you!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2021, 08:48 PM   #8051
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
hey you!!! I sure have missed you! Welcome back....BTW, I lovbe you more.....
Old 03-30-2021, 09:01 PM   #8052
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Loose and unstructured that's kind of vague and open ended sounding, what does that mean and how would it work?
The Ultimate Loose and Unstructured Pen Pal Event:

Everyone who wants to will sign up below and PM their addresses to the wrangler, starting now. The wrangler will distribute the addresses when they are received. Participants are free to send letters, cards, art projects, to whomever they want, whenever they want. Participants can join at any time. Project lasts until everyone agrees it has run its course, or the wrangler is over it.

No deadlines, just group rule.

Georgia volunteers to wrangle unless someone else has a better idea and wants to do it.

What do you all think?

- Prince
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2021, 07:38 PM   #8053
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Four likes looks like loose and unstructured approval to me. Therefore, I present

The Ultimate Loose and Unstructured Pen Pal Event

Everyone who wants to will sign up below and PM their mailing address to the wrangler, starting now March 31, 2021. The wrangler, GeorgiaMa'am, will distribute the addresses within a day or two of when they are received. Participants are encouraged to send letters, cards, art projects, etc. to whomever they want, whenever they want. Participants can join at any time. Project lasts until everyone agrees it has run its course, or the wrangler is over it.

No limit on participants. No deadlines, just group rule.

1. Georgia Ma'am

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2021, 07:42 PM   #8054
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Four likes looks like loose and unstructured approval to me. Therefore, I present

Everyone who wants to will sign up below and PM their mailing address to the wrangler, starting now March 31, 2021. The wrangler, GeorgiaMa'am, will distribute the addresses within a day or two of when they are received. Participants are encouraged to send letters, cards, art projects, etc. to whomever they want, whenever they want. Participants can join at any time. Project lasts until everyone agrees it has run its course, or the wrangler is over it.

1. Georgia Ma'am
2. Gemme

"Four likes looks like loose"--say that fast 10 times!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2021, 01:11 AM   #8055
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

1. Georgia Ma'am
2. Gemme
3. Nanners
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:39 AM   #8056
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

1. Georgia Ma'am
2. Gemme
3. Nanners
4. Orema
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2021, 09:59 AM   #8057
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post

1. Georgia Ma'am
2. Gemme
3. Nanners
4. Orema
5. Homoe
Count me in!
Old 04-02-2021, 02:36 PM   #8058
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

1. Georgia Ma'am
2. Gemme
3. Nanners
4. Orema
5. Homoe
6. randrum
It would be nice to get fun mail for a change!
Old 04-03-2021, 04:58 PM   #8059
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Somebody brought up a good point today. Unlike most of our past projects, I will not be collecting and redistributing the projects. I am simply making a mailing list, much like we do for holiday cards, and distributing the addresses to everybody. Therefore, everyone who participates will have each others' addresses. Participants will mail their projects directly to the recipients.

Also, there's no need to send money to me since you will be handling your own postage.

Sorry for any confusion. Is this a problem for anyone?

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2021, 06:31 PM   #8060
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Somebody brought up a good point today. Unlike most of our past projects, I will not be collecting and redistributing the projects. I am simply making a mailing list, much like we do for holiday cards, and distributing the addresses to everybody. Therefore, everyone who participates will have each others' addresses. Participants will mail their projects directly to the recipients.

Also, there's no need to send money to me since you will be handling your own postage.

Sorry for any confusion. Is this a problem for anyone?
Nope, works for me..........

I'm not much of a artsy crafty person so I'll be sending cards only!

Tags
artists, creative types