Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-27-2010, 09:43 AM   #81
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
it is actually three different trilogies: the Phedre trilogy, which you have read, and then the Imriel trilogy and then the Moirin trilogy, of which only the first one is available. So much more "Terre d'Ange" goodness to come!
Oooohhh....Cool! Yes! Phedre....I Phedre! What does the next trilogy focus on? Is Phedre still a main character? I may have to go back & review the first series, it's been quite some time...
Old 05-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #82
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2myladyblue View Post
Oooohhh....Cool! Yes! Phedre....I Phedre! What does the next trilogy focus on? Is Phedre still a main character? I may have to go back & review the first series, it's been quite some time...
the second trilogy does have a lot of Phedre in it...the main character is Imriel de la Courcel, sone of Melisande Shahrizai, who is fostered by Phedre and Joscelin, so they are very prominent secondary characters....the third trilogy is 200 years after the 2nd one so Phedre and Joscelin are just histoical figures, but still mentioned a lot b/c they are legendary by now...i am so sad b/c i am tolly caught up and there is no more Terre d'Ange for me until book 2 of the third trilogy comes out next month
dark_crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dark_crystal For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #83
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

A few months ago, I subscribed to Easton Press's The 100 Greatest Books Ever Written.....today, I received The Analects Of Confucius!!!!!!!!!!!! It's lovely! Most of the books I've received thusfar I had already read and I'm mainly purchasing them to hand down to my daughter one day....and....because I like the look of leather~bound books on my shelves.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:10 PM   #84
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Going on my "must read" list:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/26/bo....html?_r=1&hpw
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #85
Pretty Woman

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Trying to be true to myself

Pretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST Reputation

Don't Cry by Mary Gaitskill
Actually, anything by Mary Gaitskill will do.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:20 AM   #86
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished Anita Diamant's Day After Night.
for a radical change, since I'm recuperating, recycling Walter Mosley's Easy Rawlings novels.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:26 AM   #87
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I veered away from my whodunits for a few days when R handed me The Alchemist and asked me to read it.
It's an older book, but I found myself captivated as the author told a great story.
There's truly a lesson to be learned in that book.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2010, 07:39 AM   #88
jenny

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Relationship Status:
inquire within

Thanked 1,594 Times in 579 Posts
jenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputation

• "A Round Heeled Woman - My Late-Life Adventures in Sex and Romance" by Jane Juska

• "This is Where I Leave You" by Jonathan Tropper

• "Lulu Meets God and Doubts Him" by Danielle Ganek

• "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert

• "Hit By a Farm: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barn" by Catherine Friend

• "The Lobster Chronicles: Life on a Very Small Island" by Linda Greenlaw

• "Escape" by Carolyn Jessop

“Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:42 AM   #89
Nina
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
unmistakably
Preferred Pronoun?:
dearheart
Relationship Status:
In love, loved and Happy, thanks for askin'

Thanked 3,383 Times in 931 Posts
Nina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST Reputation

I started the latest in the daniel silva series 'the rembrandt affair'....I love his books...they are about and israeli, art-restorer-spy...start at the beginning of the series as silva is very good at building his characters and plots...it's engaging, and distracting reading...
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2010, 08:29 AM   #90
Emmy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Emmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST Reputation

I just started reading The Little Stranger, by Sarah Waters. It's getting very, very creepy...
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #91
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

i am currently reading nikki sixx's 'the heroine diaries'

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #92
jenny

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Relationship Status:
inquire within

Thanked 1,594 Times in 579 Posts
jenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputation

Just starting "Fly Away Home" by Jennifer Weiner... I'm usually much more of a non-fiction reader (specifically, autobiographies), but I love Weiner's stuff.

Oh, another goodie: "Schuyler's Monster: A Father's Journey With His Wordless Daughter" by Robert Rummel-Hudson.

“Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jenny For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2010, 11:44 AM   #93
JinxdGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Tomyboy Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
The girl ones, please!
Relationship Status:
Single

JinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST Reputation
Default *squeee*

My current top 5 books are:
  • White is for Witching : Helen Oyeyemi
  • Icarus Girl : Helen Oyeyemi
  • Push : Sapphire (broke my heart)
  • Bad Mother's Handbook : Kate Long
  • Living Dead Girl : Elizabeth Scott (Found in the YA section at the library, had to read it before my 12 y/o kinda-kid could. The book hurt my soul and the 12 y/o that checked it out was told after much thought and discussion that if she still wanted to read it when she was 16 she could. Very heavy subject matter.)
JinxdGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:59 PM   #94
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

3 on the lamp table I've been working on or recently finsihed.

Origami Striptease ~ Peggy Munson

Two or Three Things I Know for Sure ~ Dorothy Allison

Cavedweller ~ Dorothy Allison
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2010, 05:02 PM   #95
JinxdGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Tomyboy Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
The girl ones, please!
Relationship Status:
Single

JinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSunshine View Post
3 on the lamp table I've been working on or recently finsihed.

Origami Striptease ~ Peggy Munson

Two or Three Things I Know for Sure ~ Dorothy Allison

Cavedweller ~ Dorothy Allison
I love Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison, if you haven't read it, I would recommend it.
JinxdGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JinxdGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #96
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Back for more recycle reading of books on my shelves. Reading some D.M. Thomas at the moment.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #97
Emmy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Emmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST Reputation

I'm reading The Little Stranger, by Sarah Waters. It's good so far, pleasantly creepy. It's reminding me a bit of The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson.
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #98
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinxdGirl View Post
I love Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison, if you haven't read it, I would recommend it.
I love all of her writing. Bastard Out of Carolina really stuck with me! Wow, what a woman, what a writer!
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:58 PM   #99
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

Going through a cycle (5th time?) of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.. My reward? Getting the new books that have come out after his death and seeing what the ending is!!! 11 books and then he passed away.. True talent he had.. Same thing happened with the Dune series by Frank Herbert.. I just hope that the new books are true to all the charactors, even if it is by a diffrent auther..
Old 07-30-2010, 06:08 PM   #100
galadna

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
single

galadna has a reputation beyond reputegaladna has a reputation beyond reputegaladna has a reputation beyond reputegaladna has a reputation beyond reputegaladna has a reputation beyond reputegaladna has a reputation beyond reputegaladna has a reputation beyond reputegaladna has a reputation beyond reputegaladna has a reputation beyond reputegaladna has a reputation beyond reputegaladna has a reputation beyond repute

'Four Souls' by Louise Erdrich
galadna is offline   Reply With Quote