Old 09-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteFemme View Post
Which is why I have two (really four lol) accounts. My personal one, which my friends are on and my work one. I certainly could not have my work and personal intermingle... ever!
Part of me really understands this and I'm not in any way judging you for doing what you feel you need to do. But on the other hand it saddens and frustrates me.

I'd had a Facebook account for a while before I began using it. When I did start using it I only used it to help keep in contact with my long distance girlfriend. I never accepted friend requests from anyone I worked with. Well, actually, anyone at all.

Then slowly I began understanding how important it is for me to live authentically without compartmentalizing different aspects of me. I don't talk about my sex life and I don't bitch about my work (beyond an occasional "man, what a day" comment now and again). Keeping in mind the basic tenets of what is appropriate for public consumption I'm able to navigate both my personal and professional lives. Granted, I don't friend professional contacts whom I've not met in person.

And.... when I really need to keep a comment from someone, or someones I simply filter it with the Facebook tools - for lists, etc.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Part of me really understands this and I'm not in any way judging you for doing what you feel you need to do. But on the other hand it saddens and frustrates me.

I'd had a Facebook account for a while before I began using it. When I did start using it I only used it to help keep in contact with my long distance girlfriend. I never accepted friend requests from anyone I worked with. Well, actually, anyone at all.

Then slowly I began understanding how important it is for me to live authentically without compartmentalizing different aspects of me. I don't talk about my sex life and I don't bitch about my work (beyond an occasional "man, what a day" comment now and again). Keeping in mind the basic tenets of what is appropriate for public consumption I'm able to navigate both my personal and professional lives. Granted, I don't friend professional contacts whom I've not met in person.

And.... when I really need to keep a comment from someone, or someones I simply filter it with the Facebook tools - for lists, etc.
I have one account that includes everyone. I sometimes wish I didn't. Yes, you can control lists and some things keeping them so other people can't see them but facebook (this may shock some of you regular users) doesn't always work right. I like to play games, specifically FV and MW. I like to play them often. There are alot of mystery eggs that go unposted because I don't want some people to see post after post of games - they may assume that I have some sort of a problem - which of course is untrue. I can stop playing them whenever I want *twitch*.

I understand people and their want for seperate pages. I would also like to friend my other self so I can get more gifts and help myself during boss fights. Oh, and unwither my crops and feed my chickens.
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote