Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-30-2011, 11:36 PM   #1541
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Pixie has a great idea about smaller things could be mounted on a larger page for a book!

Pure P idea about each person contributing a page to each chapter in a book is great!
She also asked a great question: If this is for the reunion do we want it to have a planet theme in the book?

Gemme wants us to choose democratically!

I would like for the regular pen palers to respond with their ideas too.

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 12:05 AM   #1542
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Please see my replies below in orchid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
So are we just going to do the bash project or are we going to do a monthly one also I would like to do our normal "monthly" projects as well as the bash project. I realllly like the idea of doing just a few pages or a short chapter in one larger book. I also reallllly like the idea of one person collecting and putting together said book so it doesn't get lost in the mail.

Do we want to start it now or do we want to do it as say a june, july, aug project? It doesn't matter much to me. If I could have the pages/themes sooner than later, it would be awesome.

What size do we want it to be? square rectangluar , big, med or small? Doesn't matter to me. I can work with whatever size/shape.

Do we each want to do a page or do we want to do the book thing and each do a "chapter" (2 or more pages). I kind of like the idea of everyone creating one page for a series of chapters. It would be cool to see how everyone interprets the theme.

Some of you did the sketch book projects what can you tell us about them? N/A

Input Peoples Input

we also need Ideas about how we want to theme it!!

there are no bad ideas so share YOURS

there are no dumb questions so ask them(ya know someone else wants the answer too)

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 06:53 AM   #1543
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Thougts at 4:00 AM

Morning coffee in hand... 2nd Little Rock Reunion Razzle Dazzle Raffle Donation from our little corner of the world sounds exciting. Last year we did the basket type donation, so this is a new direction, and I love it.
MY BEFORE MY MORNING SWIM IDEAS BELOW:

Catching up on posts in the thread. What a great idea ****and all the others that followed. I love the stream of consciousness here. So, in Little Rock, or by ordering tickets from home if I didn't go, what would I like to buy raffle tickets for??? What would I like to pack in my suitcase coming home. AHH, yes, and AND that (((((( Pixie ))))))) has jumped in to coordinate the project.

Theme: Welcome to Our Neighborhood
By
Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types on ButchFemmePlanet.com

A coffee table book. (8.5 X 11 bound)
Submission Deadline: August 1, 2011 .
From 1 to a maximum of 4 pages
(Gives pixie time to photograph, compile, organize, and post pics in Raffle Thread)

No Theme: Any media, craft style, art, that fits on something that can be bound and contained within an 8.5" X 11" cover. Artist's license =Geopgraphic, artistic or personal, private, or professional work from our worlds, all genre in one book. Flat or 3-D

We are geographically so diverse and exciting, could be auto-bio, fact or fiction, writing, drawing, painting, crafting, photography of us, who, what, where, when.

Pixie helped BIG TIME last year with the Raffle, and some lil input best I can recall. Wrap-up thoughts 2010 : This year the event will be held in the foyer so items may be seen prior to event. Tickets purchased and dropped early so we can draw names/numbers before the Ball, rather than during, and party hearty longer. And that handsome MC won't have to stand calling out names and pulling tickets ad nauseum , and get heckled from that certain Lady in the audience (can see her batting her eyes) ..Ahem .

That way people can handle, look, touch and smell things. We had 4 tables of prizes last year, and I am expecting it will be bigger this year.

Number 2, yes, Regular Projects Too, because, they are just fun to do...

Okay, going for a swim, . . (Laughing, that's the only swimming gizmo ) Then flying off to work Bye4now.

Last edited by Tommi; 01-31-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 07:16 AM   #1544
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
Whew love you are on a roll!

I think that it would be good to do them the size of a regular sheet of paper and smaller....that way there is many different options in putting it together....so if its smaller than 8 1/2 x 11 it can still be adapted(matted) on to the bigger sheet.

Themes...hmmm

Life's Dynamics...leaving open to self interpretation
Puzzled.....what makes your puzzle come together....what are the pieces
Planeteers...(your stance in this planet, how you are connected with this family)

Shrug that's all I got!

Seeing that shrug above, and grinning, as I can see you now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #1545
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,737 Times in 5,088 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Off the topic of our exciting Reunion project (been loving our collective "think"!), I am wondering if it would be cool with y'all for me to wrangle a post secret project for our next round?

For anyone who does not know what I mean, the theme of it is to put secrets on postcards (funny, serious, personal, not personal, whatever) in this style:

http://www.postsecret.com

You would then send me the # of postcards of everyone who signs up minus yourself. All could be the same secret, or they could each be different secrets.

Last edited by nycfem; 01-31-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: further clarification.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 08:38 PM   #1546
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
Off the topic of our exciting Reunion project (been loving our collective "think"!), I am wondering if it would be cool with y'all for me to wrangle a post secret project for our next round?

For anyone who does not know what I mean, that means the theme of it is to send me a secret on a postcard (funny, serious, personal, not personal, whatever) in this style:

I'm game! The Postsecret project was one of my faves!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #1547
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

For anyone who does not know what I mean, the theme of it is to put secrets on postcards (funny, serious, personal, not personal, whatever) in this style:

You would then send me the # of postcards of everyone who signs up minus yourself. All could be the same secret, or they could each be different secrets.
Yes, I want to play!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:05 PM   #1548
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

Sounds good to me!

Post Secrets:

1-Jennifer
2-Gemme
3-Purepisces
4-Pixie

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 10:33 PM   #1549
lionpaw

How Do You Identify?:
very married lesbian couple-there are two of us that use this site

Thanked 1,579 Times in 517 Posts
lionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputation

I am going to run this by Lisa tomorrow....We will get back to you asap....
lionpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lionpaw For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #1550
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

[QUOTE=Pixie;275772]Sounds good to me!

Post Secrets:

1-Jennifer
2-Gemme
3-Purepisces
4-Pixie
5- ami

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 02:53 AM   #1551
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved this when we did it before....VERY cathartic!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 02:55 AM   #1552
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
Pixie has a great idea about smaller things could be mounted on a larger page for a book!

Pure P idea about each person contributing a page to each chapter in a book is great!
She also asked a great question: If this is for the reunion do we want it to have a planet theme in the book?

Gemme wants us to choose democratically!

I would like for the regular pen palers to respond with their ideas too.

It's late and I'm exhausted....and I have to go back and do some reading, but this sounds delightful.....I'm in.....I'll give more feedback tomorrah!

Old 02-01-2011, 02:56 AM   #1553
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Sounds good to me!

Post Secrets:

1-Jennifer
2-Gemme
3-Purepisces
4-Pixie
5- ami
6- Diva
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 05:37 AM   #1554
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Ditto :Shhhhhh. It's a Secret

Post Secrets:

1-Jennifer
2-Gemme
3-Purepisces
4-Pixie
5- ami
6- Diva
7- Tommi

The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 06:39 AM   #1555
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

So nice to wake up and see people already signed up! How does due end of Feb sound? Also, you know you have the right address for me (I moved one year ago) if the one you have starts with "393" (That is the beginning of my current address.). Please put your current return address on your package.

Also, lionpaw, if you need more examples of what post secret is like, you can also look up http://www.photobucket.com and do a search for post secret/ postsecret.

And how about a sign-up deadline end of this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Ditto :Shhhhhh. It's a Secret

Post Secrets:

1-Jennifer
2-Gemme
3-Purepisces
4-Pixie
5- ami
6- Diva
7- Tommi

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #1556
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
So nice to wake up and see people already signed up! How does due end of Feb sound? Also, you know you have the right address for me (I moved one year ago) if the one you have starts with "393" (That is the beginning of my current address.). Please put your current return address on your package.

Also, lionpaw, if you need more examples of what post secret is like, you can also look up http://www.photobucket.com and do a search for post secret/ postsecret.

count me in
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #1557
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

ADDING DIAMOND ROSE

Post Secrets:

1-Jennifer
2-Gemme
3-Purepisces
4-Pixie
5- ami
6- Diva
7- Tommi
8- DiamondRose

Quote:

Old 02-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #1558
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums
Default Reunion Project

Ok....I think I'm caught up now......

~LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of a BOOK of our art as a Raffle item.

~Love the idea of having different chapters in the book and we all contribute something to those chapters.

~Love the idea of the base being the same size and we go no larger than that size. (Did Pix say a regular sheet of paper size? Like that!)

~I think ONE person collecting all our art ~ rather than sending the book around ~ is BEST. I seem to remember a couple of those pass-around books from the dash site getting 'lost'......um.....No. And did I read that Pixie is volunteering to take on this task!? WOW! <~~for you, darling

~So.....how will the chapters be chosen? What about this........... 6 chapters:
Chapter I ~ P
Chapter II ~ L
Chapter III ~ A
Chapter IV ~ N
Chapter V ~ E
Chapter VI ~ T

And that gives us pretty free rein, huh? You likey? (Though I'm on with Pure's idea of using some of the sketchbook themes, too. Even though I might be a little "Happy Thought-ed" OUT! <giggle> )

And maybe, for the cover, the swirly round logo dead center? Just a thought....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #1559
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,648 Times in 3,986 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

1-Jennifer
2-Gemme
3-Purepisces
4-Pixie
5- ami
6- Diva
7- Tommi
8- DiamondRose
9-softness

hello gang. I absolutely must do this project. I havent been around because finances are so tight but have been watching the thread. This one I must participate in.

Jen, could I have your new addy?
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #1560
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Ok....I think I'm caught up now......

~LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of a BOOK of our art as a Raffle item.

~Love the idea of having different chapters in the book and we all contribute something to those chapters.

~Love the idea of the base being the same size and we go no larger than that size. (Did Pix say a regular sheet of paper size? Like that!)

~I think ONE person collecting all our art ~ rather than sending the book around ~ is BEST. I seem to remember a couple of those pass-around books from the dash site getting 'lost'......um.....No. And did I read that Pixie is volunteering to take on this task!? WOW! <~~for you, darling

~So.....how will the chapters be chosen? What about this........... 6 chapters:
Chapter I ~ P
Chapter II ~ L
Chapter III ~ A
Chapter IV ~ N
Chapter V ~ E
Chapter VI ~ T

And that gives us pretty free rein, huh? You likey? (Though I'm on with Pure's idea of using some of the sketchbook themes, too. Even though I might be a little "Happy Thought-ed" OUT! <giggle> )

And maybe, for the cover, the swirly round logo dead center? Just a thought....

What do the individual P-L-A-N-E-T letters represent?

LIke Chapter I ~ Personal

Chapter II ~ Love

Chapter III ~ Animals in our lives or ones we wished we had met

Leaving for work...will catch up later.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types