Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 07-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #181
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,259 Times in 1,362 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Just received the latest issue of CURE magazine. Always something new, always something to remind me about taking care of me, and ART stuff too. It's also available as an eMagazine at -->

Link for a Free subscription* I would like a FREE subscription of CURE. (Free to cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers in the U.S.)
I signed up too thank you very much!!
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #182
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
A happy face on a prescription blank, inside an envelope from my Oncologist with my annual follow-up to uterine cancer.

I am still anxious when I open it. A little check mark on a little box beside:

"All test results are negative" and a hand drawn happy face.

Seven years, cancer free.

That is the shit. Great to have a Dr with a sense of humor.

Last edited by deb_U_taunt; 07-09-2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #183
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Hard evening. My partner has been sober for several years. Tonight he isn't. His family is his slippery place and that is where he has been.
Yesterday, I had my 3rd of 8 chemo treatments and I don't feel he is going to strong enough to deal with this.
I am scared as all fuck, that I will be doing this alone. My family is 5 states away and I am covered by medical here.
Glad I am strong. I have been thinking tonight. I can take medical transport to chemo, etc. I have wonderful friends to help, I just need to ask!
Why the fuck now? Feels so out of the blue.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:18 AM   #184
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,894 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Hi, Debby.

I am so sorry to hear this is happening. I would suggest that it is his anxiety and fear about you being ill that as perhaps a reason that he decided to drink.

Even if there is no danger of losing you (I don't recall you saying your diagnosis/prognosis, but I am assuming you are not terminal), something like cancer can create the fear of loss.

I am sorry this is happening when you need him. Hopefully, he will go to the cancer support group he has and get support around the cancer. If he is in AA, I hope he goes back to that, too. Does he have a sponsor?

I am glad that you have friends there to support you. Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
Hard evening. My partner has been sober for several years. Tonight he isn't. His family is his slippery place and that is where he has been.
Yesterday, I had my 3rd of 8 chemo treatments and I don't feel he is going to strong enough to deal with this.
I am scared as all fuck, that I will be doing this alone. My family is 5 states away and I am covered by medical here.
Glad I am strong. I have been thinking tonight. I can take medical transport to chemo, etc. I have wonderful friends to help, I just need to ask!
Why the fuck now? Feels so out of the blue.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #185
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Hi, Debby.

I am so sorry to hear this is happening. I would suggest that it is his anxiety and fear about you being ill that as perhaps a reason that he decided to drink.

Even if there is no danger of losing you (I don't recall you saying your diagnosis/prognosis, but I am assuming you are not terminal), something like cancer can create the fear of loss.

I am sorry this is happening when you need him. Hopefully, he will go to the cancer support group he has and get support around the cancer. If he is in AA, I hope he goes back to that, too. Does he have a sponsor?

I am glad that you have friends there to support you. Hang in there.
I am floored and heartbroken. The day after I had chemo and two days after our anniversary. He told his family, he can't be here and watch me die. I have invasive ductal carcinoma, stage 2B, triple negative and grade 3. I am not dying!
And no he hasn't been to mtgs lately. I know he has spoken with his sponsor.
The Following User Says Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #186
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Be selfish. Take care of you, and maybe he will follow.

Quote:
I am floored and heartbroken. The day after I had chemo and two days after our anniversary. He told his family, he can't be here and watch me die. I have invasive ductal carcinoma, stage 2B, triple negative and grade 3. I am not dying!
((((((((Debby and your SO))))))))))))))
Amazing what dynamics come into play when we are members of this special club we did not ask to become members of.
Maybe this is his way of dealing with the pain YOU are going through. I know partners feel helpless and sometimes act out in the worst ways, and say things that need to be discussed. I know I can't change another's way of dealing with issues, but I know I have to take care of myself.

My best advice...Al Anon. There are gay meetings in some area's, and there are on-line meetings. It really is One Day at a Time
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 02:41 AM   #187
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation
Default the stress of cancer

Debby, I am so sorry to read that your guy is not there for you right now. Hopefully he will get some help and be back by your side. I was surprised to find out that this happens more frequently than I would have thought. I ended up going to a counselor who specializes in cancer patients in order to understand my ex and best friend who baled on me in the middle of my cancer treatment. Please ask your friends for ANYTHING you need---whether it is someone to take you to your treatments, or a shoulder to cry on, or someone to watch a funny movie together. Also. I found it really helpful to see a counselor who specialized in cancer patient's issues. Your guy should find someone to talk to about his feelings as well--a safe place where he can express his fears. Cancer affects the whole family. One thing I used to tell myself on the way to my chemo appointments was "It won't always be like this" ---my mantra
I will be sending lots of loving, healing energy to you and your guy.
Jeano
mustangjeano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mustangjeano For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #188
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
{{{{{{{{Debby}}}}}}}}}} I wish I could give you a real hug right now. Like mustangjeano said, it isn't always going to be like this...and it won't because things will and do get better! The patient advocate at the chemo clinic had stage 3c ovarian cancer and has been cancer free for almost 6 years now, so no, you are in no way dying!! I can tell you are a strong woman and you will keep the faith and keep going. Can I pm you my phone number in case you ever want to talk?

Much love, support and prayer for you right now, dear one!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #189
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I didn't put that together at first. I thought it was depression from cancer, etc. The Dr suggested antidepressants, but I am too nervous about coming off of them later.

I am blessed and have a partner that reminds me to breathe and take a break. We have both joined support groups and its made all the difference. There is also a Cancer Wellness Center with FREE massage and yoga!!!!!

BTW, if it gets to me to much, I just scream. Scares the dogs, but sometimes it feels like the thing to do. Seems to motivate me to get out of myself.
Screaming works GREAT YAY for the ability to use our voices as a release, huh!!

A few things about anti-depressants and meds. When I first started having panic attacks before my divorce, I had NEVER taken anything other than the occasional aspirin when a headache got too bad. I was all about alternative medicine and holistic therapy. So, the long and short of it was that I suffered tremendously for nearly two months. I lost 20lbs, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, had two small children and a full time job to attend to. Finally, after seeing a wonderful doctor, I eased into taking a med that helped me wake up without that overwhelming sense of dread and soul crushing anxiety. And let me tell you, it made all the difference in the world! I also began talk therapy and sort of over-hauled my life and started dusting out the creepy-crawlies that were lurking in dark corners, but that med is what enabled me to do so...it helped me cope during one of the darkest periods of my life. The most important thing for me to keep in mind was that no matter what, I did not want to be like my mother, who would take to her bed for months at a time when us kiddos were little. I wanted to be there for my girls and be there for me!! I keep taking my little pill...every morning with my coffee...I call it my happy pill. I feel so blessed that we have drugs that can help us along through the difficult times and as long as I need it, I will continue to live better through chemistry, one day at a time.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #190
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
Screaming works GREAT YAY for the ability to use our voices as a release, huh!!

A few things about anti-depressants and meds. When I first started having panic attacks before my divorce, I had NEVER taken anything other than the occasional aspirin when a headache got too bad. I was all about alternative medicine and holistic therapy. So, the long and short of it was that I suffered tremendously for nearly two months. I lost 20lbs, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, had two small children and a full time job to attend to. Finally, after seeing a wonderful doctor, I eased into taking a med that helped me wake up without that overwhelming sense of dread and soul crushing anxiety. And let me tell you, it made all the difference in the world! I also began talk therapy and sort of over-hauled my life and started dusting out the creepy-crawlies that were lurking in dark corners, but that med is what enabled me to do so...it helped me cope during one of the darkest periods of my life. The most important thing for me to keep in mind was that no matter what, I did not want to be like my mother, who would take to her bed for months at a time when us kiddos were little. I wanted to be there for my girls and be there for me!! I keep taking my little pill...every morning with my coffee...I call it my happy pill. I feel so blessed that we have drugs that can help us along through the difficult times and as long as I need it, I will continue to live better through chemistry, one day at a time.

ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Old 07-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #191
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Default I don't like this club..lol

Quote:
((((((((Debby and your SO))))))))))))))
Amazing what dynamics come into play when we are members of this special club we did not ask to become members of.
Maybe this is his way of dealing with the pain YOU are going through. I know partners feel helpless and sometimes act out in the worst ways, and say things that need to be discussed. I know I can't change another's way of dealing with issues, but I know I have to take care of myself.

My best advice...Al Anon. There are gay meetings in some area's, and there are on-line meetings. It really is One Day at a Time
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com
I do go to Alanon. LOVE Alanon and I know this isn't on me. Some people just don't have the ovaries.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #192
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangjeano View Post
Debby, I am so sorry to read that your guy is not there for you right now. Hopefully he will get some help and be back by your side. I was surprised to find out that this happens more frequently than I would have thought. I ended up going to a counselor who specializes in cancer patients in order to understand my ex and best friend who baled on me in the middle of my cancer treatment. Please ask your friends for ANYTHING you need---whether it is someone to take you to your treatments, or a shoulder to cry on, or someone to watch a funny movie together. Also. I found it really helpful to see a counselor who specialized in cancer patient's issues. Your guy should find someone to talk to about his feelings as well--a safe place where he can express his fears. Cancer affects the whole family. One thing I used to tell myself on the way to my chemo appointments was "It won't always be like this" ---my mantra
I will be sending lots of loving, healing energy to you and your guy.
Jeano
I spoke with a counselor at the cancer center today. This isn't so uncommon that a spouse/partner bales. Sad. I am blessed with great support. Very blessed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #193
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Some moments, this just sucks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #194
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

I had my last a/c treatment, so no more of the red devil!!!!!! So, I am at the half way mark through chemo. Now 4 taxol and done with chemo on Sept 16th. Feels great to be half way there.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #195
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,894 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I had my last a/c treatment, so no more of the red devil!!!!!! So, I am at the half way mark through chemo. Now 4 taxol and done with chemo on Sept 16th. Feels great to be half way there.
AWESOME! Seems as though it is "hump day" for you!

Congrats!

Btw, I love you sig line...so true, so true. And so many don't know this.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #196
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
AWESOME! Seems as though it is "hump day" for you!

Congrats!

Btw, I love you sig line...so true, so true. And so many don't know this.
The sig line is a Native American proverb. Its one I have hanging in my cube at work, too.

It feels like a hump day. I took a nap after and feel great so far. It is amazing how much attitude can make all the difference.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:17 AM   #197
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation
Default YAYYYY Debby

Congratulations on being half way thru chemo. Great job!!!
I think of you often .
Jeano:
mustangjeano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mustangjeano For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2011, 07:26 AM   #198
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Feeling really good this time too! DAMN
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2011, 07:39 AM   #199
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Feeling really good this time too! DAMN
Damn good.Everybody dance!!

Last edited by Tommi; 07-24-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2011, 07:59 AM   #200
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Damn good.Everybody dance!!
Sept 16th I will be ringing the bell and will post a pic! By Jan I am hoping to be finished with everything and have a bright new year.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post: