Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-28-2010, 09:09 PM   #341
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,660 Times in 3,990 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Ok...so I started my project right after I signed up. Did three pieces. Put it away and worked on the other site's craft (remind me not to do two at a time again..k?) then I did what I always do..procrastinated...which then translated into a problem when my back went out and the snow storm hit. I finished up the other site's...its ready to go out technically one business day late, on Monday(tomorrow) BUT... that gave me time to finish up this site's craft....

so I did what I always do..procrastinated...waited ...and then got busy..did two more of what I had planned for this session...

and then did the impossible...

I changed my mind...

I started an ENTIRELY different idea...!!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????

Because I am a glutten for punishment...

but..they are done and are so damned cute...

but I warn you..the card they are stuffed in are handwritten by me and are NOT pretty. My handwriting is awful and I am tired and my finger were cramping from the detailed work I had to do...so forgive the card and focus on the craft...

and I need to include this little story..

how many of you are fans of Tori Amos? Do you know her one song where her daddy is asking her "when are you going to love you as much as I do you?"

the idea came from that song....

all because I think everyone needs to hear that from someone...

and everyone needs to work on it...

this craft will help you to remember it, and keep it...
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 09:49 PM   #342
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Done! I will be going to the post office to mail them after work tomorrow. Hooray!

cara
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #343
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,769 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
Ok...so I started my project right after I signed up. Did three pieces. Put it away and worked on the other site's craft (remind me not to do two at a time again..k?) then I did what I always do..procrastinated...which then translated into a problem when my back went out and the snow storm hit. I finished up the other site's...its ready to go out technically one business day late, on Monday(tomorrow) BUT... that gave me time to finish up this site's craft....

so I did what I always do..procrastinated...waited ...and then got busy..did two more of what I had planned for this session...

and then did the impossible...

I changed my mind...

I started an ENTIRELY different idea...!!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????

Because I am a glutten for punishment...

but..they are done and are so damned cute...

but I warn you..the card they are stuffed in are handwritten by me and are NOT pretty. My handwriting is awful and I am tired and my finger were cramping from the detailed work I had to do...so forgive the card and focus on the craft...

and I need to include this little story..

how many of you are fans of Tori Amos? Do you know her one song where her daddy is asking her "when are you going to love you as much as I do you?"

the idea came from that song....

all because I think everyone needs to hear that from someone...

and everyone needs to work on it...

this craft will help you to remember it, and keep it...
I've done that before. It's hard to play catch up, but I look forward to seeing how you blended that with the Green theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
Done! I will be going to the post office to mail them after work tomorrow. Hooray!

cara
I only have a couple more to do! They're not as detailed as they would be if I hadn't also been traveling and doing other projects, etc and so forth, but I think they are cute.

I opted to take green to mean not only the color (lots of green paper, ya'll!) but as in organic...natural. You'll find some handmade paper in most of the pieces. All in all, I give myself a

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 06:38 AM   #344
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

Mine are going out in the mail today Priority Mail. I hope everyone likes them... they turned out pretty cool...and Diva helped with adding another idea to My original one. Enjoy.
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #345
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Mine are going out today. Just dropped them off. Although I was in such a hurry I forgot to put the money in before I sealed it. So diva watch for a second one to arrive with the money. I will drop it first thing tomorrow. I'm sorry, its turning out to be one of those mondays.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #346
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Time for the next round of fun.

I will be wrangling this one (my first)

We will be doing something different this round.

There is no theme

People will sign up. There is an absolute limit of 10 plus me, due to cost to me. (sorry) sign up will close March 7. You will also have to send me your address if I do not have it. (please assume I don’t have it) Please do not sign up if you don’t think you will be able to finish, usually these projects are just about one’s own time and $. This round involves my $, so I have a opinion!

After sign ups I will be sending those 1o people a package containing the exact same materials! I will mail them out March 9th.

Everyone will have 3 weeks to complete their project (more info below)
Everyone will then mail the completed project back to me with the $5.00. It should be post marked by March 31st.

I will then sort and mail the packages out within 3 days.

The project
I thought it would be cool to send everyone the exact same materials and see what everyone does with them. I think that when it is all done, a lot of us are gonna look at what others did, and damn why didn’t I think of that LOL.

Here are the peramiders of the project:

everyone starts with their base card. It is black. You must use it. It is a triptyck card. (google it!) You CAN alter this card, but it must be your base. I gave you extra cards in case of mistakes and a template if needed.

you must use the materials included. You DO NOT have to use all of them. The materials are varied and can lend themselves to multiple directions.

You DO NOT have to make all your cards the same. You can, if you want, make them all different. If you want to make them for specific people, put their name on it.

The only materials you can use that are not included:
adhesives, glue, tape etc

pens, pencils, markers, pastels, charcoals, paints, watercolors, stenciling, and stamping

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #347
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This round is limited to me plus 10 others

1. Me

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #348
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

mine went out today at 1PM , with the cash, by priority mail....YAY!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #349
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post

1. Me
2. Softness.....YAYAYAYYAY!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #350
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

Originally Posted by amiyesiam

1. Me
3. purepisces

ami - I LOVE this idea!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #351
LadyRain

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You.!!
Relationship Status:
very stuck...

LadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by purepisces View Post

1. Me
3. purepisces
4.The Rainey One

omg this sounds so much fun,,,,,,,,
LadyRain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LadyRain For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #352
LadyRain

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You.!!
Relationship Status:
very stuck...

LadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST Reputation

Well.........i had to make another cause i only had nine, so opened the package and added another.........Then...........i was like omg its Divas' birthday.......Sooooo...i went to work and made a little something something for her........Soooo the whole shabang goes out in da morning...............
LadyRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #353
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

1. Me
3. purepisces
4.The Rainey One
5.Pixie

This is awesome!

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #354
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

1. Me
3. purepisces
4.The Rainey One
5. Diva

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #355
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

#6 = cara. sorry i cant and paste very easily on my phone. thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #356
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

erm...make that 7.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #357
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Default triptyck card

So I googled.

Are you sending us each, 10 triptyck cards? Can we help defray the cost of that for you? I mean, I would have had to pay for supplies anyway...
Old 03-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #358
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Time for the next round of fun.

I will be wrangling this one (my first)

We will be doing something different this round.

There is no theme

People will sign up. There is an absolute limit of 10 plus me, due to cost to me. (sorry) sign up will close March 7. You will also have to send me your address if I do not have it. (please assume I don’t have it) Please do not sign up if you don’t think you will be able to finish, usually these projects are just about one’s own time and $. This round involves my $, so I have a opinion!

After sign ups I will be sending those 10 people a package containing the exact same materials! I will mail them out March 9th.

Everyone will have 3 weeks to complete their project (more info below)
Everyone will then mail the completed project back to me with the $5.00. It should be post marked by March 31st.

I will then sort and mail the packages out within 3 days.

The project
I thought it would be cool to send everyone the exact same materials and see what everyone does with them. I think that when it is all done, a lot of us are gonna look at what others did, and damn why didn’t I think of that LOL.

Here are the paramters of the project:

everyone starts with their base card. It is black. You must use it. It is a triptyck card. (google it!) You CAN alter this card, but it must be your base. I gave you extra cards in case of mistakes and a template if needed.

you must use the materials included. You DO NOT have to use all of them. The materials are varied and can lend themselves to multiple directions.

You DO NOT have to make all your cards the same. You can, if you want, make them all different. If you want to make them for specific people, put their name on it.

pens, pencils, markers, pastels, charcoals, paints, watercolors, stenciling, and stamping

This sounds as good as I thought it would!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
Well.........i had to make another cause i only had nine, so opened the package and added another.........Then...........i was like omg its Divas' birthday.......Sooooo...i went to work and made a little something something for her........Soooo the whole shabang goes out in da morning...............
We were supposed to make 11. There were 12 who signed up for the project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

1. Me
3. purepisces
4.The Rainey One
5. Diva
6. Cara
7. Gemme
8. Pixie (where'd you go in the last list??? I found you anyway!)

Cara and I are IN!

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 03-01-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #359
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Here are the peramiders of the project:

I have a question.....

If we can only use the cards You send us....and they're black....stamping won't show up....will it? And we can't use stuff we have in our own personal arsonals either?

Can You tell I'm stressing already? lol

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #360
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
So I googled.

Are you sending us each, 10 triptyck cards? Can we help defray the cost of that for you? I mean, I would have had to pay for supplies anyway...
No. Each of us gets ONE triptyck card. Ten participants allowed.

I'm misunderestimated.

Tags
artists, creative types