Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 10-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Am I presuming you have chains?
....No. We weren't supposed to pick up chains till later next week. Going to call Manager in morning and see what he says about all this. He might tell me to go ahead and start heading in that direction then take it from there.
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDyke View Post
....No. We weren't supposed to pick up chains till later next week. Going to call Manager in morning and see what he says about all this. He might tell me to go ahead and start heading in that direction then take it from there.
Nov 1st is the date to legally put them on in PA. We're getting snow tires in a few weeks.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Back to your regularly scheduled program...
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
Old 10-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #4
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Back to your regularly scheduled program...
Oh, as far as I'm concerned this totally related -- no way in hell I'd be wanting to face driving a rig in the snow and ice for the first time in the middle of a potentially high-winds storm!!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post
Oh, as far as I'm concerned this totally related -- no way in hell I'd be wanting to face driving a rig in the snow and ice for the first time in the middle of a potentially high-winds storm!!
It is a trip I'd not want to make. Just getting Ami safely to work and home is all that is on my mind.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I am concerned for those in Florida as a hurricane can cause a lot of damage.

The East cost is expecting gale force winds, rain and snow. I live in Canada where that happens on a regular basis. Is the storm in the East expected to be dangerous or just a pain in the ass? I have many friends on the East coast and am trying to decide if I should be worried or amused that they may actually face some Canadian weather. I looked it up on line but couldn't find anything that made it sound scarier then what we get. How bad is it expected to be?

If you are driving truck and the roads are slick with ice, snow, rain, anything at all... pull over. Save yourself and others the hassle and the heart attack. Tuesday when I drove home I saw a dozen or more semi's in the ditch and others across the road sideways or stuck on ramps unable to get up. No load is worth risking your life, or that of others in your path.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #7
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

TWC is saying the winds are going to be huge, and the storm surge will be heavy from the Carolinas to New England. That is a huge area. It will be a full moon so that will push the surge even higher. The in flow and out flow are at 200 miles and could get to 400 miles. Massive.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
iridium

How Do You Identify?:
femme

iridium Has the BEST Reputationiridium Has the BEST Reputationiridium Has the BEST Reputationiridium Has the BEST Reputationiridium Has the BEST Reputationiridium Has the BEST Reputationiridium Has the BEST Reputationiridium Has the BEST Reputationiridium Has the BEST Reputationiridium Has the BEST Reputationiridium Has the BEST Reputation
Default This is not a "One hundred year storm"

Just my opinion, but this storm is being over hyped. Last I checked, this storm is cat 1, to be degraded to tropical storm soon after it makes landfall. The intensity of Sandy doesn't belong in the same conversation as the historic cat 5 hurricanes like Katrina or the hurricane of 38 that were cat 3 at landfall. These were legitimate super storms. Sustained wind intensity for Sandy at landfall is expected to be half that of the above mentioned storms. Due to the unusually large width of this storm's center it will affect more people and cause more flooding and downed power lines than the usual tropical storm. (few roofs blown off or buildings leveled as one would see in a cat 3-5) From one persons vantage point, it won't be any different than Isaac of last year (which was also cat 1) other than the fact that it will take much longer for thinned out resources to reestablish infrastructure (downed power lines etc).
iridium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iridium For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #9
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,159 Times in 3,632 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridium View Post
Just my opinion, but this storm is being over hyped. Last I checked, this storm is cat 1, to be degraded to tropical storm soon after it makes landfall. The intensity of Sandy doesn't belong in the same conversation as the historic cat 5 hurricanes like Katrina or the hurricane of 38 that were cat 3 at landfall. These were legitimate super storms. Sustained wind intensity for Sandy at landfall is expected to be half that of the above mentioned storms. Due to the unusually large width of this storm's center it will affect more people and cause more flooding and downed power lines than the usual tropical storm. (few roofs blown off or buildings leveled as one would see in a cat 3-5) From one persons vantage point, it won't be any different than Isaac of last year (which was also cat 1) other than the fact that it will take much longer for thinned out resources to reestablish infrastructure (downed power lines etc).
Anytime there is threat of death or destruction from a storm - there is nothing hyped about it. People have already lost their lives due to this storm. Let's not let their deaths be in vain by saying it is hyped, please. I don't care if it turns into a rain shower - we will be prepared and the potential for lost lives is lessened.

That is my take!

I am prepared. Generator working / Gas / Food and the pups have plenty of fresh bottled water to last them a week.

Everybody stay safe.

Julie

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #10
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:

BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post

Lol. You and me both. I think I'll be okay so long as I keep speed WAY down and go as far as I feel I can safely. Beyond that I'll find someplace to park it until Sandy blows over but will have to hit a Wal Mart on way there in case I get stranded for few days unless I can find out where Corkey lives. :P
The Following User Says Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #11
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Nov 1st is the date to legally put them on in PA. We're getting snow tires in a few weeks.

Will have to remind him of that.
The Following User Says Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post: