Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #1201
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten.With.A.Twist View Post
My world has changed a bit from the kids/family even that it used to be and I'm thinking of starting a few new 'traditions' - no time like the present!

Do you/your family have special foods that really "make" the holidays for you?

Inquiring Kittens wish to know!

Like Sun, I am Italian...Christmas Eve is just NOT Christmas Eve without the seafood! We usually spend the eve in a huge family gathering but even on the few occasions when we've just had a quiet evening at home, the meal has GOT to be fish and seafood. It's a tradition that has existed for decades...and the holiday wouldn't be the same for me without it.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #1202
ArtistLady

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Single

ArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST ReputationArtistLady Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
My world has changed a bit from the kids/family even that it used to be and I'm thinking of starting a few new 'traditions' - no time like the present!

I am southern and it seems to be a requirement (around here anyway) that you visit as much extended family as possible during the holidays. So my "immediate" extended family (hmmm that's confusing isn't it?) always get together for breakfast on Christmas morning. It just would not be the same without the piles of fresh fruit, buttermilk biscuits, sausage gravy, ham, bacon, eggs, and sweet rolls. Along with everyone trying to talk at once. lol
ArtistLady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ArtistLady For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #1203
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun View Post
Hi Jenn,

I had to crack up laughing over that bumper sticker. They are very popular in oyster towns, and I have seen many. Its been a while.

On the oyster farming, are they using natural beds that are part of a bay or inlet, or have they created artificial beds? Just curious. Some really amazing oysters come from WA and they are super pricey by the time they get to the east coast. A little more accessible in CA.

Did you make pizza? I need a pizza stone but am considering just getting terra cotta tiles (untreated) at the hardware store and winging it.

I would love to get a new pizza stone! I had an amazing one from Pampered Chef until a couple of years ago. One of my brothers put it on top of a hot stove... and poof... cracked pizza stone. I hadn't thought about getting untreated terra cotta tiles from a hardware store, what a fantastic idea... I must now research this idea. When I worked at the pizza parlor I did just about everything, cut and prepped toppings, made the sauce (although I think my own sauce is better) made pizza, sandwiches, ran the front, washed dishes. Whatever needed done really. It was probably the funnest job I ever had, even though the shop was far from a "good" place to eat. I loved being able to cook for others... I just refused to eat there if I had not been in to clean and cook it myself... the memory of the poor sanitary conditions I came into at work after a few days off still makes me shudder.

I havent made pizza dough at home for some time from scratch. I tend to buy a fresh dough from the grocery store bakery when I want to make pizza at home now. But, I LOVE to make pizza at home. Sometimes we make small pizzas so everyone has a chance to choose their own toppings, for me, this is so much easier, because I can choose non dairy items.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #1204
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Ami and I have whatever we feel like cooking. LOL Our tree was up, until the cat decided she liked the light bulbs and began systematically to crunch them in her precious lil jaws... So we haz smaller tree, that will go where her teeth can not reach! Problem solved, and as we have another tree on the porch, the collectables will go on it. Voila' life is ever changing, we will survive., and so will the cat
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #1205
Ursy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Ursy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
I would love to get a new pizza stone! I had an amazing one from Pampered Chef until a couple of years ago. One of my brothers put it on top of a hot stove... and poof... cracked pizza stone.
I killed a pizza stone too. It used to live in my oven all the time, until I put a casserole dish full of stew in there above it. It overflowed.... you know what sits on the top of a stew, right? The fat. My lovely pizza stone that my sister bought me greedily soaked up all the fat and then smoked the kitchen out every time it was in a hot oven forevermore. Tried to soak it, nothing worked... I had to admit defeat and buy myself a new one.

Luckily they're pretty cheap where we are. I think I got two for the price of one - $15, and have seen some as cheap as $10.

I usually do the tradtional pizza dough with yeast, but came across this recipe recently. I'm curious to try it because it's just self-raising flour and greek yoghurt, and would be great for those times when you don't really have the time to wait for the dough to rise.

http://www.kidspot.com.au/best-recip...ecipe+2760.htm
Ursy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ursy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #1206
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Um, Sun, I have an electric stove, here at home. In my baking and pastry classes, we have been using an induction burner to cook with, instead of going over to the culinary side and fighting to use the stoves there. There are two classes going on at once, in that kitchen, as well as the HCC Cafe. Therefore, there is really no room for the baking and pastry classes to use the stoves. Both the culinary side and the pastry side do have some induction burners, thankfully. The pastry side just uses induction burners exclusively, is all.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #1207
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Happy Sunday Delicious People!

How are you all doing today?

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #1208
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,440 Times in 6,887 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning Sun and all

I wanted to post this the other day and forgot....

Teddy and I co-operated on dinner, albeit by phone, the other night, and it came out sooo good.

We started out with a heap of chicken breasts that had to be cooked asap. I threw them in the crock pot, not entirely sure what they were going to become...lol I had fresh tomatoes that I had to use up and some green pepper also, so I tossed those in. When I told Teddy that I had done that, he said he would make chicken enchiladas with it when he got home. So I seasoned the chicken with some cumin, garlic powder, a little tex mex rub, some fresh ground pepper, and taco seasoning and prolly something else but I forget...added some water to the pot along with liquid smoke and worcestershire sauce. Didnt have onion but had some nice salsa. Teddy brought home some frozen corn and Spanish rice mix...Since the chicken and tomatoes worked up a nice sauce, more like a stew, we threw the corn in and served it over rice. I would've liked some black beans and maybe a mixture of peppers for color...some cilantro for that Spanish taste....but all in all it was amazing for a throw together dinner. Sometimes NOT planning makes it better. And this from a girl who typically follows a recipe to the letter of the law!
<<<<rebel....
I'm ready for Chopped now y'all
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #1209
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Wondering if you all have any weekly special breakfast traditions?

Banana pancakes are a special deal in my family.

I like buttermilk pancakes made from scratch. And fresh bagels. However I need to avoid simple carbs so I am looking for some new ideas.

― Rumi

The Following User Says Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #1210
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
Good morning Sun and all

Teddy and I co-operated on dinner, albeit by phone, the other night, and it came out sooo good.

We started out with a heap of chicken breasts that had to be cooked asap. I threw them in the crock pot, not entirely sure what they were going to become...lol I had fresh tomatoes that I had to use up and some green pepper also, so I tossed those in. When I told Teddy that I had done that, he said he would make chicken enchiladas with it when he got home. So I seasoned the chicken with some cumin, garlic powder, a little tex mex rub, some fresh ground pepper, and taco seasoning and prolly something else but I forget...added some water to the pot along with liquid smoke and worcestershire sauce. Didnt have onion but had some nice salsa. Teddy brought home some frozen corn and Spanish rice mix...Since the chicken and tomatoes worked up a nice sauce, more like a stew, we threw the corn in and served it over rice. I would've liked some black beans and maybe a mixture of peppers for color...some cilantro for that Spanish taste....but all in all it was amazing for a throw together dinner. Sometimes NOT planning makes it better. And this from a girl who typically follows a recipe to the letter of the law!
<<<<rebel....
Great idea! Awesome collaboration.

You can apply for Chopped online. Go for it.

We need a Femme cooking star to cheer on

― Rumi

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #1211
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,440 Times in 6,887 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I like buttermilk pancakes made from scratch. And fresh bagels. However I need to avoid simple carbs so I am looking for some new ideas.
Cant believe you said pancakes to me I just found a really good recipe for homemade pannycakes...and I have whole wheat flour that I plan to substitute for SOME healthy stuff...I wanted to get some pumpkin butter from Trader Joe's as a spread for them...then make a walnut maple syrup thing.....I imagine this could be done with French toast also...I just love this time of year for the pumpkin stuff...and I take FULL advantage....

Now I want breakfast ..... sigh
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #1212
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Good morning Sun and all

<<<<rebel....
My little Iron chef I have a basket for u
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #1213
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

So I have a pot roast and the desire for tacos....

Using my google skills I stumble across this recipe for crockpot carne asada:
http://www.cheekykitchen.com/2010/11...ecipe-yet.html

Keeping the general in mind...
I adapt to:
beef broth
cumin
chili powder
garlic
vinegar
oil
lime juice (fresh I'm allergic to the limade)
chop pureed onions and green peppers
decide it looks too green for The General. Add jar of tomato sauce.
check to see if it needs salt.... yep
mixed and poured over the small not too think pot roast and cubed potatoes (because I am also craving seasoned potatoes)

Now I must see if I have enough shortening to make tortillas and make the pico de gallo.

drooollling....
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #1214
MarquisdeShey

How Do You Identify?:
bent
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/They
Relationship Status:
Minding my own business.

Thanked 4,726 Times in 921 Posts
MarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
So I have a pot roast and the desire for tacos....

Using my google skills I stumble across this recipe for crockpot carne asada:
http://www.cheekykitchen.com/2010/11...ecipe-yet.html

Keeping the general in mind...
I adapt to:
beef broth
cumin
chili powder
garlic
vinegar
lime juice (fresh I'm allergic to the limade)
chop pureed onions and green peppers
decide it looks too green for The General. Add jar of tomato sauce.
check to see if it needs salt.... yep
mixed and poured over the small not too think pot roast and cubed potatoes (because I am also craving seasoned potatoes)

Now I must see if I have enough shortening to make tortillas and make the pico de gallo.

drooollling....
Sounds like there's potential for a conchita pibil *s
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarquisdeShey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #1215
MarquisdeShey

How Do You Identify?:
bent
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/They
Relationship Status:
Minding my own business.

Thanked 4,726 Times in 921 Posts
MarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST Reputation

on that note...now I am craving...

skillett carne asada
mexican rice
pico

y flan...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarquisdeShey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #1216
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

There are mornings when everything is crazy here that I know we just NEED to have something more then cereal or a piece of fruit for breakfast. Those mornings its all about the scrambled eggs. Cheesy eggs is the one thing I know everyone will stop and eat. I put a little bit of parsley in them with salt and pepper and then everyone gets to fix them how they want. We often cook up some sausage on the side and people put them on tortillas or toast. Its that quick little pick me up to draw everyone together on those more difficult mornings.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #1217
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Cant believe you said pancakes to me I just found a really good recipe for homemade pannycakes...and I have whole wheat flour that I plan to substitute for SOME healthy stuff...I wanted to get some pumpkin butter from Trader Joe's as a spread for them...then make a walnut maple syrup thing.....I imagine this could be done with French toast also...I just love this time of year for the pumpkin stuff...and I take FULL advantage....

Now I want breakfast ..... sigh
Just dont blame me for whatever you get hooked on at Trader Joes. lol

― Rumi

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #1218
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I heart TJs.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #1219
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Because I'm so known as a meat-chef, when I talk about Meatless Monday some people look at me like I've lost my mind. I'm like, look, I'm not saying beef and pork is bad, I love it and I eat it six days a week. --Michael Symon

Do any of you do the "meatless monday" too? We try often -- thinking we'll have a grilled veggie cheese w/ cream of tomato tonight. What about you?
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #1220
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
Because I'm so known as a meat-chef, when I talk about Meatless Monday some people look at me like I've lost my mind. I'm like, look, I'm not saying beef and pork is bad, I love it and I eat it six days a week. --Michael Symon

Do any of you do the "meatless monday" too? We try often -- thinking we'll have a grilled veggie cheese w/ cream of tomato tonight. What about you?
Hi ahk.

I actually eat very little meat. More poultry and fish, but lots of vegetarian meals. My sweetheart is more of a meat eater. And in her culture the fat is highly regarded, so many dishes are created to highlight the fatty cuts.

― Rumi