Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #381
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrrrrrr View Post
Dee, what I meant to say is..... I hate the mini iPad. It's terrible. You don't want one. Lol

i don't believe you!

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #382
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post
Ok, so I was shopping at the on line apple store. The mini is available wi fi in 2 weeks and a wi fi cellular in mid november.....Should I wait and get the one with cellular or just get the wifi?!
I didnt bother with gettin the one that has cellular on it. mainly cuz that they charge, if you have it activated, an additional 30 - 45 bucks a month. and that is with limited data plan. no thanks when all i got to do is be near wifi. and these days , just about everyone has a router. I can send text messeges without the cellular on the mini ipad , but it can only send text's to someone who has iphone, ipad..etc etc. at no charge.

to me, the cellular is just waste of money. my sister got one with the cellular ( 3G ) and she never had it turned on and yet paid an additional 100 bucks ( or something like that ) to have that option.

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #383
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

i don't believe you!

The Following User Says Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #384
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I didnt bother with gettin the one that has cellular on it. mainly cuz that they charge, if you have it activated, an additional 30 - 45 bucks a month. and that is with limited data plan. no thanks when all i got to do is be near wifi. and these days , just about everyone has a router. I can send text messeges without the cellular on the mini ipad , but it can only send text's to someone who has iphone, ipad..etc etc. at no charge.

to me, the cellular is just waste of money. my sister got one with the cellular ( 3G ) and she never had it turned on and yet paid an additional 100 bucks ( or something like that ) to have that option.

My iphone is a hot spot and I use it when I need my laptop, so I guess I really don't need it. Now the big question....did you get yours engraved? In the apple store on line it is a free thing, just wondered if it was a good idea.
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #385
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post

My iphone is a hot spot and I use it when I need my laptop, so I guess I really don't need it. Now the big question....did you get yours engraved? In the apple store on line it is a free thing, just wondered if it was a good idea.
nope, not engraved. I bought mine at best buy though for reward points

Old 11-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #386
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

iMac users!

You could get a new hard drive!

http://www.apple.com/support/imac-harddrive/
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #387
GPS
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy to my 5 year old..
Preferred Pronoun?:
Banned 12/27/2012 - Former member came back under a new name
Relationship Status:
Enjoying Life

Thanked 1,171 Times in 351 Posts
GPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST Reputation

I finally gave in and purchased a MacBook pro on cyber Monday
I received it today
this will be fun getting used to it

any pointer?

I already have it reading my ipad and ipad mini.
no iphone
GPS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GPS For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #388
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
I finally gave in and purchased a MacBook pro on cyber Monday
I received it today
this will be fun getting used to it

any pointer?

I already have it reading my ipad and ipad mini.
no iphone
Lots of quick FREE tutorials here: http://www.apple.com/findouthow/mac/

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #389
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

The iPad plans are 250MB for $14.99 or 3Gb for $30. You can set it up so you only pay for what you need if you like. If you want the hotspot feature, you can go to the 5GB for $50. These are the AT&T prices.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #390
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post

The iPad plans are 250MB for $14.99 or 3Gb for $30. You can set it up so you only pay for what you need if you like. If you want the hotspot feature, you can go to the 5GB for $50. These are the AT&T prices.
Thanks Arwen, Red has requested an Ipad or Ipad mini for Christmas. She tells me she'll be happy with the mini if she can read her emails. I am sure hoping she can, cause she'll want a 100.00 bucks worth of accessories. :-)
Old 12-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #391
bkisbutchenuff
PPoA - Southern Gentle Butch

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, he, him, handsome, Daddy
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Thanked 10,845 Times in 2,247 Posts
bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Just got the new ipad last week....loving it! Its amazing...when I replace my desktop - it will be an Apple product as well! Not so sure about the iphone yet...but for syncing and convenience seems like a logical move in the future as well....

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
bkisbutchenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #392
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,542 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkisbutchenuff View Post
Just got the new ipad last week....loving it! Its amazing...when I replace my desktop - it will be an Apple product as well! Not so sure about the iphone yet...but for syncing and convenience seems like a logical move in the future as well....
It's just the beginning. The stuff is like crack. I started with an iPod, a year later, iMac; the next year iPhone, 6 months after that and macbook air, now looking at apple tv.........

You get the idea, brace your wallet!

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #393
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I'm actually considering moving away from Apple products, they seem to have too much control over what I do or see on my Iproducts. I want things that are compatible with all of the ever changing world of electronic doodads...Apple seems to only like its own products. Just my experience.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #394
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,542 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
I'm actually considering moving away from Apple products, they seem to have too much control over what I do or see on my Iproducts. I want things that are compatible with all of the ever changing world of electronic doodads...Apple seems to only like its own products. Just my experience.

This is really interesting and something I have been talking with a couple of other friends about too. It seems more and more like we (electronics consumers) are being coerced into choosing whole eco-systems instead of ala carte some of this and that.

Like Hollylane mentions, Apple is really setting up a closed loop of products and proprietary services. OS specific apps, co-ordinating through their cloud, even special connections instead of standards like USB and the like. All to work on their hardware exclusively.

I also see this happening with Google. The Android OS couples with that specific hardware and their apps and their cloud service (Gdrive) and their special browser, Chrome, tablet, etc.

Now Amazon with their readers, tablets, club membership (prime). They have their own cloud storage, music and video stores, subscription items, exclusive deals with content interaction providers.

I think that for now and a while to come, this is what it is. Yes, alot of this can be blended, I use all three cloud services as well as both Safari and Chrome browsers, and have been using a Roku streaming box because I can get both Netflix and Amazon streaming, I am going to migrate to and apple tv because they have decided to play nice with those two and I can use it to put whatever is on my laptop to a bigger screen, like iTunes U lectures.

But yes, we seem to have to choose what eco system to buy into for now. I am going for Apple for creation and computing, although I use a lot of Google software, and Amazon for consumption, kindle reader and if I decide on a tablet it will likely be a Fire.

It is a strange place for this to land and I think consumers will eventually drive it to a point of better compatibility. I hope it is soon.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2013, 02:44 AM   #395
bkisbutchenuff
PPoA - Southern Gentle Butch

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, he, him, handsome, Daddy
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Thanked 10,845 Times in 2,247 Posts
bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

By this time next week, I will be a total Apple convert....

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
bkisbutchenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #396
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

i broke down and got a new iphone. Since i was in love with my 4s i wanted another one. Best Buy said they were out and sold me a 5. So Fine.

Afterwards i was annoyed that cases and cords do not fit the 5. i have the coolest Hello Kitty LSU tigers case that i am very fond of.

i did like that is it slimmer and lighter.

Then i started having major problems with texting. Lots of *not delivered* and the recipient saying they are getting multiple texts, and i am getting them very late, like the next day.

Wifi acting crazy etc.. After a few calls to SPrint they said to go exchange the phone.

Best Buy of course said it is not the phone, it's Sprint. i didn't care, i wanted a 4s like i wanted to begin with. They reluctantly exchanged it, and gave me a big fat refund for the difference. They sold me an iphone 4s for 49.99.

So far so good. Maybe it was a fluke with that phone but i was too annoyed to think about getting another one.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #397
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Thanked 1,957 Times in 458 Posts
justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation
Post Sylus choices for Ipad

So, tell me geeks - techies - apple lovers

_____ISO of a new stylus ... for the work I do - i have both systems (mac and pc) - but let's face it - you can't beat the mac (graphically) - not really...im debating between the Adonit stylus or the new Bambo sylus - while i love my ipad - the samsung note - has the (writing and pen features) a tad better than the apple market thus far (unless I am missing something) which is why I write and ask ... i take extensive hand written notes - so, i'm looking for a (thin) pen like feature ... the Adonit seems to be what I may be looking for - but if anyone has personal experience with one or the other and can shed some light - please do... and thanks.

justanolecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #398
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone else super annoyed that Gmail stopped pushing it's email to any devices not Google!? What the hey? I have had the same email for like 8 years. Now, I have to change it because my business is slowing it roll. I have to wait 15-20min to get an email. That equates death in my job!

The complexity is changing ones email address in my field is daunting! It's gonna take months to fully transition. I have to order new business cards and marketing stuff. Ugh!

Oh well.... Onward. Lol.

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #399
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanolecowboy View Post
So, tell me geeks - techies - apple lovers

_____ISO of a new stylus ... for the work I do - i have both systems (mac and pc) - but let's face it - you can't beat the mac (graphically) - not really...im debating between the Adonit stylus or the new Bambo sylus - while i love my ipad - the samsung note - has the (writing and pen features) a tad better than the apple market thus far (unless I am missing something) which is why I write and ask ... i take extensive hand written notes - so, i'm looking for a (thin) pen like feature ... the Adonit seems to be what I may be looking for - but if anyone has personal experience with one or the other and can shed some light - please do... and thanks.
i didn't have mine set to push to save my battery life which is pretty sucky on i-things.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #400
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

i a hoping someone can help me out here.

i have a 15 inch '09 MacBook Pro that i am so in love with

It's been amazing, so far.

The battery was causing problems on my trackpad, because it needs to be replaced.

So i did the unthinkable and took the back cover off and removed the battery, sure enough that was the problem (thank you Youtube!)

Now i need a new battery- i am just pricing them up and want to install myself.

Anyone know where to get one? i am really leary off brands especially the ones from china that come in a brown plain wrapper....