Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
Got my recent order this afternoon.

"8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back" by Esther Gokhale, L.Ac.

Comes highly recommended, since I know so many peeps with bad backs thought I might learn something to help them. Am also hoping to prevent the same in myself.

Having back pain can make your life sooo freaking miserable.
I typically only read spirit based or practical practice-able books to help myself and others. So I promised to share my knowledge.

My roomie has been in severe pain for years, with less mobility and increased pain yearly.

So. I have been researching for awhile. I found the sacro wedgy. works great for me, but i don't have chronic severe back pain.

Roomie has used it twice, today and yesterday. most of her pain is GONE, she can stand up straight, does not need to use grocery cart to walk through store. several joints have realigned in her back and her hip joints are almost back in the socket. I heard several loud pops as lower vertebrae went back where they belong.

It is like a miracle. I have never seen her get up without groaning , and pain noises.
her whole FACE is different. It's a face without pain. She says she can feel the blood flow moving throughout her whole body and in her head...

I am glad I found something that truly helps.

The other thing we are exploring is " The Melt Method", another great pain reliever.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #1902
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation
Default I like multiples...

1. The Big Truck That Went By: How the World Came to Save Haiti and Left Behind a Disaster. by Associated Press reporter Jonathan Katz.
Basically nothing I didn't already know. He gives very specific examples of NGO's and the assistance they thought was needed (post earthquake) and how not listening to or respecting their Haitian counterparts led to less than stellar results. That said I take exception on too much "rah rah" one-sidedness. Corruption is rampant in Haiti within their own government (not that this is unique to Haitians as the CEO in my county was just indicted on racketeering.) Sadly good intentions don't always produce good results and he gives several well documented cases of project failure. An interesting read if you are curious about "where did my donation go and why are they still living in squalor."

That said I think empowering and micro-funding women owned small business and listening to what *they* say is needed will go a long way. Haiti produces some of the best vanilla in the world and Barbancourt rum is outstanding. As well the Progressive Women of Leogane were promoting cane harvesting and reforestation well before the earthquake. They were also micro-lending amongst themselves long before it became popular.

2. "Gift From the Sea"by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. This is a re-read for me as I take it out every couple of years just to center myself a bit more when all the flotsam and jetsam of life seems to overwhelm. I like the messages of simplicity, self-care not being self-ish, and recognizing our outward environment and habits have a ripple effect on our inward peace of mind and wholeness. A nice little book to slowly read a short chapter each morning to begin the day.

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #1903
Daktari

Thus far today it has been the relevant fellowship's 12x12 and The first in Laura Antoniou's Marketplace series.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #1904
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

I'm reading The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #1905
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

Myrna Loy: The Only Good Girl in Hollywood by Emily W. Leider

A few chapters in and i find it a good read. Myrna s a star who always fascinated me. i love her sexy eyes.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #1906
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

will love for crumbs: a memoir, by jonna ivin

they came to bagdad, by agatha christie
Old 06-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #1907
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation
Default Great reads!!!

The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts

&

The Heart of the Five Love Languages

By Gary D. Chapman
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #1908
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Angie recommended Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. It is a fascinating read of human pathology that makes ones hair stand on end. Not my usual cup of tea but it was well done and very engrossing.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #1909
NorCalStud

How Do You Identify?:
gaea's Daddy and Fiance
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ours
Relationship Status:
Engaged with gaea:-)

Thanked 1,465 Times in 359 Posts
NorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default what am I Reading

The butchcock thread. I can imagine several of those stories being published.

Also I am reading Masters Manual..Handbook of Erotic Dominance. Jack Rinella

and then this book that I think is going to offer something very interesting.

Many Lives
Many Masters

True story of a prominent Psychiatrist, his young patient, and Past Life Therapy That Changed Both Their Lives.

Che
NorCalStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NorCalStud For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2013, 04:11 AM   #1910
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I ditched my summer reading plans and took several books back to Powell's and traded them in for a different book, which was recommended to me by a staffer at the store. I've only just begun to read it and for some reason, I'm already drawn into the story.

Here's a brief introduction to the story:
Sussex, England. A middle-aged man returns to his childhood home to attend a funeral. Although the house he lived in is long gone, he is drawn to the farm at the end of the road, where, when he was seven, he encountered a most remarkable girl, Lettie Hempstock, and her mother and grandmother. He hasn't thought of Lettie in decades, and yet as he sits by the pond (a pond that she'd claimed was an ocean) behind the ramshackle old farmhouse, the unremembered past comes flooding back. And it is a past too strange, too frightening, too dangerous to have happened to anyone, let alone a small boy.

Forty years earlier, a man committed suicide in a stolen car at this farm at the end of the road. Like a fuse on a firework, his death lit a touchpaper and resonated in unimaginable ways. The darkness was unleashed, something scary and thoroughly incomprehensible to a little boy. And Lettie—magical, comforting, wise beyond her years—promised to protect him, no matter what.

A groundbreaking work from a master, The Ocean at the End of the Lane is told with a rare understanding of all that makes us human, and shows the power of stories to reveal and shelter us from the darkness inside and out. It is a stirring, terrifying, and elegiac fable as delicate as a butterfly's wing and as menacing as a knife in the dark

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #1911
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

Im still (yes. STILL) reading memoirs of a geisha. But! Im just 100 pages til the end. loving this book
Old 07-01-2013, 07:01 AM   #1912
GraffitiBoi

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
Playing around and having fun

Thanked 3,663 Times in 824 Posts
GraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST Reputation

I'm currently reading through a ton of research material for the book I'm writing. I'm also re-reading Kushiel's Dart for fun.
GraffitiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GraffitiBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #1913
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I am currently engrossed in, Abigail and John: Portrait of a Marriage by Edith Belle Gelles

http://www.inthestax.com/book-review...of-a-marriage/

I bought it over a year ago, but have picked up various other books in the mean time... I just finally picked it up and I have learned so much in the first thirty pages. I have read other things about the Adamses, and I do know that theirs was a true love story.. <3
Old 07-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #1914
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Honestly? Pretty much all I've read for the last few months is my own work. Over and over.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #1915
Chelsius

How Do You Identify?:
Queerdo Lady Unit
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Chelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST Reputation

Joyland by Stephen King
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chelsius For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #1916
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Not really sure what I thought it would be about, but am pleasantly surprised.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #1917
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

"Producer"..(lessons shared from 30 years in television)

By Wendy Walker, Senior Executive Producer of Larry King Live
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #1918
Cid

How Do You Identify?:
ultra femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, lady..whichever
Relationship Status:
waiting for the right one

Thanked 2,731 Times in 632 Posts
Cid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST Reputation

posts and text messages..who has time for more than that??

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cid For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #1919
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,587 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCS View Post

Many Lives
Many Masters

True story of a prominent Psychiatrist, his young patient, and Past Life Therapy That Changed Both Their Lives.
I was just talking about this book with somebody at work ... I read it a number of years ago and really enjoyed it. Tell me what you think when you get time.
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #1920
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

"A Transatlantic Love Affair" is about the strange, long-distance, affair, between macho writer Nelson Algren ("Man With The Golden Arm", "Walk On The Wild Side") and the founding mother of modern feminism Simone de Beauvoir ("The Second Sex"). I live across the road from the dilapidated little cottage Nelson bought, where she lived. No one lives there now, and I spend every spare moment just hanging there. She wrote about it to Sartre:
"Algren has bought a ravishing little house hidden in the trees, with a garden running down to a little lake. You cross the lake by boat, and on the other side is dunes, and the immense Lake Michigan, with a lovely, sandy, beach. I think it shall be really agreeable living here."
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading