Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-22-2013, 12:44 AM   #741
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme with a heavy twist of Lime
Relationship Status:
Together since September of 2021

Thanked 32,149 Times in 10,011 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

*SoOoOoOooo,*

I spent the weekend in a gorgeous PNW location (Seattle) and spent the first day walking up and down a hill: from 1st Hill (Capitol) district to the waterfront. My legs were like j e l l o, after doing that. But, oh. mY. staRszszsz! I just fell in love with the city of Seattle, Elliott Bay, the sail boats, the music, the food (cookie heaven!), and people who were perfect strangers whom I had the most interesting random conversations with! Definately, an amazing way to spend a weekend and I plan to do it more often.

I think I will push walking up steep hills more often, even though my legs felt like they'd never walk again. The interesting part for me was that I discovered that I am still capable of strenuous excercise and lived to share about it here. For certain, walking up nearly vertical hills in Seattle broke a threshold in my tiny little world of excercise and dare I say that it was as fun as jumping on a trampoline? ~>>> *Yes*

Old 08-22-2013, 04:36 AM   #742
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,796 Times in 25,670 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Chessie and I walked for three miles along the Columbia river in Astoria as the sun began to set. It was beautiful. But as we were coming back up the humungous hill to the hotel, both of my calves kept cramping. This is not new, but it still feels surprising (and extremely painful) each time it happens. I think I may need to ask the doctor about that.
Intake more potassium. That's helpful to me when I get cramps. Thankfully, it doesn't happen as much as it used to.

Yesterday, I had a little more time than usual during the week, so I did everything. I warmed up on the treadmill, did weight traing (albeit an abbreviated version) and then did 15 minutes on the Beast.

For the stuff I was able to calculate: 220 cal sweated and 1.51 miles walked/climbed.

I've woken up tired two days in a row and I haven't lost any sleep or gone to bed late, so I'm thinking today's going to be an off day.

Ye ole body seems to be saying, "Simmer down, now!"

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #743
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Chessie and I walked for three miles along the Columbia river in Astoria as the sun began to set. It was beautiful. But as we were coming back up the humungous hill to the hotel, both of my calves kept cramping. This is not new, but it still feels surprising (and extremely painful) each time it happens. I think I may need to ask the doctor about that.

I can share that for me, calf cramping means I need potassium, which I get through bananas.

(It can mean other things, related to circulation, for example, which are more serious so BTW I'm not saying bananas are the cure all)
Old 08-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #744
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

So I've gone bike riding for the last five days in a row.

It's been glorious. I'm already thinking about the winter, what I need to get to be able to ride comfortably in the cold.

Also, it will get dark too early to ride after work, so I'm thinking about an alternative exercise, like returning to the gym I guess, and focusing on weight training like I did last winter.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #745
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Since I got back from my vacation I am cleaning the place up,if that isnt exersise nothing is.So far I have nearly got the laundry done,the den cleaned,then dinner is cooking in the crock pot,insaled a new phone.It will take a couple of days to really get it done right as my son hit the high places while I was gone and nothing else...plus I still need to totaly unpack....i'm tired already.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #746
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

A mile and a half and 313 calories are behind me now. Britney helped me out.

I hate that the music is so damn loud at that location. I wish my home gym were closer to my job.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #747
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,894 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
A mile and a half and 313 calories are behind me now. Britney helped me out.

I hate that the music is so damn loud at that location. I wish my home gym were closer to my job.
Are you a member of two gyms?

To report in....cardio a couple of times a week, but no regular schedule. At least I am still moving sometimes! Bettter than nothin'

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #748
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,915 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

Have arrived at a point where trying to fit in two speed walks a day just ends up making my joints sore -- which is why the variety of cross training (walking, biking, swimming, shooting hoops) works so much better for me. The frustrating thing is that both my pup and I want to walk more (especially in this gorgeous weather) -- but the consequences just aren't worth it. I don't know how many of you are able to physically tolerate walking or running 4+ miles daily on a regular basis. My feet/knees/ankles can't handle it (despite wearing appropriate athletic walking shoes). Thank goodness the gym reopens tomorrow! It will be a full and fun day of exercise, plus!
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #749
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,894 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post
Have arrived at a point where trying to fit in two speed walks a day just ends up making my joints sore -- which is why the variety of cross training (walking, biking, swimming, shooting hoops) works so much better for me. The frustrating thing is that both my pup and I want to walk more (especially in this gorgeous weather) -- but the consequences just aren't worth it. I don't know how many of you are able to physically tolerate walking or running 4+ miles daily on a regular basis. My feet/knees/ankles can't handle it (despite wearing appropriate athletic walking shoes). Thank goodness the gym reopens tomorrow! It will be a full and fun day of exercise, plus!
I have not tried walking 4+ miles on a daily basis. I spoke before about difficulty with walking at high speeds on a treadmill (arches hurt). It can be the same on concrete/blacktop. Doing over 4 miles on a dirt trail is not a problem. I could easily do quite a number of miles daily. Consider trail walking/running as the softer ground will feel more comfortable. Plus, your pup will love it!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #750
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,617 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I don't know how many of you are able to physically tolerate walking or running 4+ miles daily on a regular basis. My feet/knees/ankles can't handle it (despite wearing appropriate athletic walking shoes).
Weird as it may sound my knees, feet and ankles are not bad but my shoulder just wrecks me. I do okay sometimes going over 4 but if I am in the woods and the terrain is rough it sometimes really hurts my shoulder (injured it in a work accident awhile back). Sometimes I like to spend the day walking trails or at the botanical gardens but if the walk gets too jarring then I can end up in way too much pain. It's funny cause I can do short intense bursts like stairs and such without much problem.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #751
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,542 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Same here. I can't handle impact at all. Spine issues. I can go for miles in softish sand, but 4-5 blocks on a hard surface, like a sidewalk can be very painful. Gym equipment like ellipticals and such where you do not pick up your feet work alright too.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #752
Artzy76

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
The Girlie kinds :)
Relationship Status:
Singular

Artzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Day 1 ...

*whew* ok so last night was my Day 1 back into the gym after 3 weeks of not having the motivation.
What a torture session ... my lesson is... do not take 3 weeks off. LOL
I go to a MMA/kickboxing gym. Today's training session was legs... NICE!
We started out Doing Leg Lunges across the room. holding 8lb weights in each hand. 5 minutes then 5 minutes of leg lunges on tippy toes. Heels were not permitted to touch the floor... If you got to fast Matt (the trainer) would tell us to slowwwwwwwww down on the lunges.... YES! More pain please.. LOVE IT! LOL
Then we went onto the bags... we were doing 4 minute rounds we started with 6 straight punches, 2 jumping jacks, 1 kick, push up, mountain climber then back up & start over... we worked our way from 6 down to 1 straight punches 4 minute rounds each. Then we did 5 minutes of sit ups as we came up 2 straight punches on bag... and back to sit up...
After that we moved into Our Squat routine which was AMAZING!
Start in holding squat when he said UP we had to jump up and when he said down we had to go from squat to knees to floor and back up to holding squat. When he said Hook we did a holding squat and did 10 left right hooks on bag. This squat adventure lasted 8 minutes...
I thought for sure class was over when he said.. good job get some water...
until i sip my water to hear Matt yell... AB-TIME... Get back on the mats...
omfg...
Yes... leg lift holds... he said... lets do our alphabet... NICE!
Yes this is where we do holding leg lifts 6 in. from floor and he calls out the letters of the alphabet and we trace the letters with our feet and back into 6 in leg lift hold.
Now we know our ABC's ...
and today... my ass and thighs are on FIREEEEEEEE!!
Hutzzzzzzz SO good!
Pushing through the pain...
Artzy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Artzy76 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #753
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Are you a member of two gyms?

To report in....cardio a couple of times a week, but no regular schedule. At least I am still moving sometimes! Bettter than nothin'
I'm a member of Planet Fitness and my level of membership allows me to visit other gyms up to 10 times per month for no extra charge.

Quote:
Why do they both need to be speed walks? Slow some of your walks down. The pup will get more walks and your joints won't ache like the Dickens.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #754
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Early morning gym visit!

Treadmill: 30 minutes, 1.69 miles, 192 calories

+

Upper body weight training

+

Abs

+

Strrreeeeettttch

=

Booyah!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #755
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,915 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I have not tried walking 4+ miles on a daily basis. I spoke before about difficulty with walking at high speeds on a treadmill (arches hurt). It can be the same on concrete/blacktop. Doing over 4 miles on a dirt trail is not a problem. I could easily do quite a number of miles daily. Consider trail walking/running as the softer ground will feel more comfortable. Plus, your pup will love it!
Thanks, Dapper -- yes, hiking trails is something I have done with all my dogs on special occasion (especially when traveling to wooded regions). And agreed, it's great and a lot easier on the joints. However, for a daily routine I need to be able to just walk out the door without a need to drive someplace (my gym is only1-1/2 blocks away) or I won't get in a workout at all. This is after a childhood thru college years of hours-upon-hours of a wide variety of sports (training and competition). Major burn out. So, as an adult have found proximity makes a big difference in my compliance with a routine. Also, FYI -- it has been my experience (via shin splints at one point in my athletic frenzy) that changing surfaces is a no-no. So, if I walk on sand, or grass/trails then switch back to sidewalks it's even worse on my Achilles. Just thought I'd throw that in there in case anyone else has noticed that phenomenon.

BTW, great day back to the gym and a bonus activity, too.

Good work everyone -- keep it up!
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #756
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,744 Times in 5,090 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I am on vacation at the beach in Montauk with BB, my mom, and my brother and his husband. I bought a week pass at a gym that gives discounts to local motels. It's a tiny gym for townies and compulsive tourists but has what it needs to get the job done.

First I did an hour plus a five minute cool down on a Life Fitness outdated stationary bike, Level 10, while lifting weights. What's funny is the current version of the stationary bike produced by Life Fitness is very hard on my back (and apparently I'm not the only one from talking to other fans of the older version). Anyway, I've really missed being able to do the stationary bike, so this was very fun.

Then I did 55 minutes of weight lifting, abs, and yoga in a tiny little room with a high up single small barred window with light shining through. Everything was very bare bones, old, and shabby. I imagined I was in a prison cell working out, but yet I wasn't really in prison so it was quite a nice fantasy.

When I got back to the motel I walked to the ocean (freezing!) and for half an hour I rapidly treaded water / swam to fight the undertow.

Now we are getting ready to grill. I made skewers with organic brussel sprouts, onion, portobello, tomato, carrot, tofu, and marinade. That part isn't exercise but it's a fun part of vacation

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #757
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
I can share that for me, calf cramping means I need potassium, which I get through bananas.

(It can mean other things, related to circulation, for example, which are more serious so BTW I'm not saying bananas are the cure all)
It could very well be potassium, because I am not able to have bananas with my regular diet. I might have to take a supplement to get what I need, since other vegetable choices may not give me enough.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #758
batennisboy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
In love with the fuzzy yellow objects of my affection.

batennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputation

Am back on the courts and workouts. Missed once this week but valid reason. Knees are a bit sore and still on NSAIDs but at least I'm moving. More tennis tomorrow and get off NSAIDs Tues/Wed. Oh, and tennis was so much fun today!
batennisboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to batennisboy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #759
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

I went skateboarding today and it was lots of fun.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2013, 01:02 AM   #760
Joness

How Do You Identify?:
Boi Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boi He His Him Sir Handsome Son Brother Tom
Relationship Status:
Single

Joness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST Reputation
Default Todays Activity :-)

My exercise for today is consisting of:

- 20 sit-ups
- 20 press-up (full)
- 10 minutes Power Hooping . . . .yes Hooping, i know i know, shhhhhhh!

Parked my car in Falkland and walked past the Palace and through the Magical Forest to:

Pillars Of Hercules an organic cafe, met my friend there for a vegetarian brunch and a catch up. Put the world back where it should be then re-traced my steps back to the car :-)

Ahhhhh love love love a slow me paced Sunday :-)

Joness is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Joness For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights