Old 04-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #141
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,972 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Cool

can i jus' say you are a god to tech-tards like me!!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #142
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Error message using Java for chat room on bfp

Linus,
I recently just downloaded Java from the bfp chat link and now it tries to load, says Java, then bam........error click for details....class not found exception client.class

I cannot enter the chat room at all. I have windows 7 on my computer.
I even uninstalled java and went to the java website and installed from there and it still does the same thing.
Can you help me with this ? I sure would like to be able to go into chat once in a blue moon.
Thanks in advance,
Just
Old 12-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #143
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe View Post
Linus,
I recently just downloaded Java from the bfp chat link and now it tries to load, says Java, then bam........error click for details....class not found exception client.class

I cannot enter the chat room at all. I have windows 7 on my computer.
I even uninstalled java and went to the java website and installed from there and it still does the same thing.
Can you help me with this ? I sure would like to be able to go into chat once in a blue moon.
Thanks in advance,
Just
Which browser are you using? It sounds like when it installed the browser was open and didn't get applied to it. If you were using Internet Explorer, I suspect Firefox should work (and vice-versa). Give that a try.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #144
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Which browser are you using? It sounds like when it installed the browser was open and didn't get applied to it. If you were using Internet Explorer, I suspect Firefox should work (and vice-versa). Give that a try.
I am using Firefox newest version. I have tried everything, even closing the browser and installing it, then reopening the browser. I don't know what's going on. I need your brain to pick the problem....so to speak. Please help.
Thanks in advance,
Just
Old 12-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #145
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am using Firefox newest version. I have tried everything, even closing the browser and installing it, then reopening the browser. I don't know what's going on. I need your brain to pick the problem....so to speak. Please help.
Thanks in advance,
Just
What version of Java is it?

Old 01-01-2013, 01:54 AM   #146
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

Quote:
What version of Java is it?
It's the version the chat room says I need to download. I recently upgraded my computer and it didn't have Java on it, so when I clicked the link for chat the window showed to download the plugin which is Java 7 with Update 10. The download is the same on the Java website.
I have windows 7 now on my computer, if that helps you.

Any thoughts on this issue? I could use your help.
Thanks and Happy New Year to you and yours.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:00 AM   #147
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
It's the version the chat room says I need to download. I recently upgraded my computer and it didn't have Java on it, so when I clicked the link for chat the window showed to download the plugin which is Java 7 with Update 10.
I have windows 7 now on my computer.

Any thoughts on this issue? I could use your help. thanks and Happy New Year to you and yours.
Ok. My thoughts on the issue right now is that I don't have enough info which is why I'm asking these questions. So.. more questions:

1. Do you still get the same error?
2. Where are you trying to access chat from (front page or from within the forum area)?
3. Did you try another browser like I had asked earlier as I still suspect that Firefox didn't "register" the java properly? (e.g., Chrome, IE)
4. Do you have anti-virus in place that does an active scan of websites while you visit (and thus potentially preventing java from running).

Old 01-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #148
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Ok. My thoughts on the issue right now is that I don't have enough info which is why I'm asking these questions. So.. more questions:

1. Do you still get the same error?
2. Where are you trying to access chat from (front page or from within the forum area)?
3. Did you try another browser like I had asked earlier as I still suspect that Firefox didn't "register" the java properly? (e.g., Chrome, IE)
4. Do you have anti-virus in place that does an active scan of websites while you visit (and thus potentially preventing java from running).
I only get this error when I use Mozilla Firefox, chat works using IE.
I checked the plugin on Mozilla to make sure it was enabled, it is. I disabled and then enabled it again, still don't work for chat. I tried turning off all other plugins on Mozilla and still don't work for chat. It's something to do with Mozilla Firefox not recognizing Java or blocking it. I hope no one else is having issues with this crap. Your profound brain of technology can help find the answer, I am at a loss. I even tried turning off my antilogger, antivirus, etc and it still won't work with Mozilla. I guess until maybe you can come up with an answer, If I want to use chat, I'll just have to use internet explorer.

PS. I seen some articles about not using the older version of Java because they were malicious stuff involved with being able to get into your computer and do stuff to it and Mozilla is blocking them so you can't use the older versions. But that didn't say it was blocking the newest version that I have.
I'm lost on this one Linus. I do appreciate your assistance trying to figure this crap out.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #149
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
I only get this error when I use Mozilla Firefox, chat works using IE.
I checked the plugin on Mozilla to make sure it was enabled, it is. I disabled and then enabled it again, still don't work for chat. I tried turning off all other plugins on Mozilla and still don't work for chat. It's something to do with Mozilla Firefox not recognizing Java or blocking it. I hope no one else is having issues with this crap. Your profound brain of technology can help find the answer, I am at a loss. I even tried turning off my antilogger, antivirus, etc and it still won't work with Mozilla. I guess until maybe you can come up with an answer, If I want to use chat, I'll just have to use internet explorer.

PS. I seen some articles about not using the older version of Java because they were malicious stuff involved with being able to get into your computer and do stuff to it and Mozilla is blocking them so you can't use the older versions. But that didn't say it was blocking the newest version that I have.
I'm lost on this one Linus. I do appreciate your assistance trying to figure this crap out.
You may want to read through here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Java This issue is specific to Firefox and I know that I've run into occasional issues with it.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #150
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

Quote:
You may want to read through here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Java This issue is specific to Firefox and I know that I've run into occasional issues with it.
I read through and it's just icky to understand since I am not that computer savvy. I am thinking that this thing is blocked. the plugin is enabled, I don't see anything else that would cause it not to work. I don't have to click it to play.
Boggles my mind on all the issues with it and Mozilla. UGH.

Thanks for helping me out Linus. I do appreciate ya bro.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #151
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I try to visit the A picture is Worth a Thousand Words thread and I keep getting this warning:

Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.butchfemmeplanet.com.
Content from www.gagful.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.

Just thought I would let you know--

Best.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #152
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
I try to visit the A picture is Worth a Thousand Words thread and I keep getting this warning:

Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.butchfemmeplanet.com.
Content from www.gagful.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.

Just thought I would let you know--

Best.
It just means someone has posted a link or a picture from there and isn't us specifically.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #153
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

So what happens if I do visit this page?
Will I get some awful virus?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #154
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
So what happens if I do visit this page?
Will I get some awful virus?
Unlikely unless you download or click on something. Let me see if I can fix it first before you do anything.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #155
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanks, Linus.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #156
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Ok. Let me know if you still get the message. Make you refresh your view of the page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #157
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thank you-- all done.

Not sure what you did-- but you rock!!
Old 01-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #158
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,247 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

It has been a while since this thread has been used so I am assuming between the financial crisis and inflation your price has gone up. I will deposit a quarter and if that isn't enough, please bill me.

A few days ago our home internet wasn't working. My honey tried the usual: reboot and reset the router. He finally called our provider where he was told to change a setting to No Proxy. It worked.

My honey was frustrated with the whole thing and didn't ask any questions so I am hoping you can explain to me why a setting that had been okay for several years was now not okay. And what is Proxy and how does No Proxy affect us?

Thank you in advance for your sharing your knowledge.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2014, 06:11 PM   #159
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
It has been a while since this thread has been used so I am assuming between the financial crisis and inflation your price has gone up. I will deposit a quarter and if that isn't enough, please bill me.

A few days ago our home internet wasn't working. My honey tried the usual: reboot and reset the router. He finally called our provider where he was told to change a setting to No Proxy. It worked.

My honey was frustrated with the whole thing and didn't ask any questions so I am hoping you can explain to me why a setting that had been okay for several years was now not okay. And what is Proxy and how does No Proxy affect us?

Thank you in advance for your sharing your knowledge.
So it sounds like there may be an issue here. First, let's explain what a proxy is.

A proxy is a special kind of computer that acts on behalf of another computer. The term comes from the voting reference (voting by proxy) where someone can have a friend or family member vote on their behalf at things like stock meetings, political meetings, etc.

Usually we use computer proxies for one of two reasons. The first is to surf anonymously. For example, if you visit here, we (the admins) can see what IP address you are accessing the site from and a rough idea where you are (and to be clear, we don't monitor this simply because it's too much time and not something we do unless we have an issue with some or suspect someone of being a spammer).

If you were to access the site through a proxy, every time you visit a page you "ask" the proxy to go to the page. The proxy goes to the page, gets the page information (e.g., text, pictures, etc.) and then turns around sends it back to you. A proxy can be anywhere in the world. So, for example, if I was visiting the website from my home but using a proxy in Tokyo, it would show up as if I was in Tokyo and not Los Angeles.

Hopefully that helps.

Now, on why it changed. I have a question: does the router have wifi on it? And if it does, do you have a password on the wifi and have you changed the default administrator password? Most of the time these routers come with a default admin password and it's very possible that someone could have gotten into the router and changed those settings to use your router to surf.

It is EXTREMELY important to change the password on the router to something that is difficult and not related to anything you like (e.g., movies, tv shows, celebrities) or covet (e.g., kids, spouse, friends, family, furrkids). The password should NOT be less than 12 characters, have both lower and upper case, numbers and special characters (e.g., !@#$%^&*....)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2014, 03:04 AM   #160
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,247 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Now, on why it changed. I have a question: does the router have wifi on it? And if it does, do you have a password on the wifi and have you changed the default administrator password? Most of the time these routers come with a default admin password and it's very possible that someone could have gotten into the router and changed those settings to use your router to surf.

It is EXTREMELY important to change the password on the router to something that is difficult and not related to anything you like (e.g., movies, tv shows, celebrities) or covet (e.g., kids, spouse, friends, family, furrkids). The password should NOT be less than 12 characters, have both lower and upper case, numbers and special characters (e.g., !@#$%^&*....)
Yes, it is on WiFi and yes, there is a password assigned by the internet provider. It is at least 15 characters long and has never been changed. Heck, I don't even know how to change it. I don't believe it has upper and lower case, or special characters.

If someone had changed the router password, how would I have been able to access the internet on my laptop and tablet? How would changing to No Proxy have allowed me internet access?

Thank you for the Proxy explanation. I don't think I need to be able to use a proxy but with NSA and such.....

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote