Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-19-2014, 06:32 PM   #2221
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

TruTexan, thanks for the rep. I took you for die-hard Pats fan. I think the Broncos earned their pay today. Actually, I like all 4 teams in the playoffs, but based records (and everything else), I'm behind the Broncos and 49ers. May the best teams win! Sidebar: I don't dare make bets, I've already sent Mounds bars half way across the country to by best friend who won a bet on the Auburn-Fla St game. I'd prolly end up owing someone a boatload of chocolate!
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #2222
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

SUPER BOWL GAME:
SEATTLE AT BRONCOS
FEB 2 2014
Old 01-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #2223
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

WOW!
Great game between SF and Seahawks.
Great tip drill and interception at the end! Congrats Seattle!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 11:31 PM   #2224
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default .....

Right friggin on!

There were 7 of us and we all had Russell Wilson jerseys on!

Mine was a Xmas present

GO SEAHAWKS,

I,m expecting more from the hawks at the next game!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 02:00 AM   #2225
nicegirl88

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Single

nicegirl88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegal View Post
Right friggin on!

There were 7 of us and we all had Russell Wilson jerseys on!

Mine was a Xmas present

GO SEAHAWKS,

I,m expecting more from the hawks at the next game!
DT I Hope your waterbirds win, but only because I don't like the Donkeys. What can I say, I'm a Chiefs fan.

Sherman....come on man.
nicegirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #2226
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,861 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

I'm thinking the woman is skipping over this weekends games and heading straight to her Super Bowl prediction.

Hoping the Pats beat Denver but I'm thinking I'm going to be doing a lot of omg, wtf, smh, omg, wtf, smh, omg, wtf, smh.
Hey Kobi,
I do not appreciate (understand) nor do I approve of anyone addressing a woman as "woman" , when she clearly has a name.
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #2227
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,666 Times in 7,654 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMW View Post
Hey Kobi,
I do not appreciate (understand) nor do I approve of anyone addressing a woman as "woman" , when she clearly has a name.

Hey DMW,

I am sorry to hear it bothers you for one woman to refer to another female as a woman.

If I referred to her as a "girl" thereby infantilizing her, I would agree.

But, it is actually cool for women to recognize one another as grown up women.

BTW, I do not require your approval or any non female's approval on how to be respectful to other women. I am a feminist.

You suggesting it does not meet your approval is sexist. Women do not need your approval period.

Have a nice day.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #2228
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
SUPER BOWL GAME:
SEATTLE AT BRONCOS
FEB 2 2014
I am picking Seattle for this one!! Yippieee!!
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 08:53 PM   #2229
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:

DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Hey DMW,

I am sorry to hear it bothers you for one woman to refer to another female as a woman.

If I referred to her as a "girl" thereby infantilizing her, I would agree.

But, it is actually cool for women to recognize one another as grown up women.

BTW, I do not require your approval or any non female's approval on how to be respectful to other women. I am a feminist.

You suggesting it does not meet your approval is sexist. Women do not need your approval period.

Have a nice day.

Interesting. Thanks for the reply. I respectfully disagree with your mindset. However, i do understand how a woman can call another woman "woman" and that is socially acceptable among women.
I am fully aware that I don't have the perspective of a female.

I wasn't looking for your approval. Voicing my opinion on how
I find some behavior towards women to be disrespectful.

Suppose it is because there are different rules of engagement, societal norms, mores etc...for women among women and women among transmen. Makes sense. Even if it does seem patriarchical, sexist and hypocritical to me...if the behavior is between women i suppose it is acceptable behavior among women. I still disagree with that mindset.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:43 PM   #2230
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Interesting. Thanks for the reply. I respectfully disagree with your mindset. However, i do understand how a woman can call another woman "woman" and that is socially acceptable among women.
I am fully aware that I don't have the perspective of a female.

I wasn't looking for your approval. Voicing my opinion on how
I find some behavior towards women to be disrespectful.

Suppose it is because there are different rules of engagement, societal norms, mores etc...for women among women and women among transmen. Makes sense. Even if it does seem patriarchical, sexist and hypocritical to me...if the behavior is between women i suppose it is acceptable behavior among women. I still disagree with that mindset.

DMW,

I am really having trouble following you.

Are you saying, in your mindset, calling an adult female a woman is disrespectful? And if you are, it might help if you explain from your mindset why you see this as disrespectful. Is calling an adult male a man disrespectful?

As for different rules for female-female interactions vs female-male interactions and how this is patriarchal, sexist, and hypocritical - I am totally lost.

Patriarchal refers to characteristic of something controlled by men. Sexist refers to discrimination or devaluation of women by men. Hypocritical refers to the pretense of having values, virtues, beliefs that one does not actually possess.

Are you trying to allude to something men like to call reverse sexism?

Old 01-21-2014, 01:11 AM   #2231
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:

1 Highscore

firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicegirl88 View Post
DT I Hope your waterbirds win, but only because I don't like the Donkeys. What can I say, I'm a Chiefs fan.

Sherman....come on man.
And where r your chiefs ms sassy pants? Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2014, 12:40 PM   #2232
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:

Quote:

DMW,

I am really having trouble following you.

Are you saying, in your mindset, calling an adult female a woman is disrespectful? And if you are, it might help if you explain from your mindset why you see this as disrespectful. Is calling an adult male a man disrespectful?

As for different rules for female-female interactions vs female-male interactions and how this is patriarchal, sexist, and hypocritical - I am totally lost.

Patriarchal refers to characteristic of something controlled by men. Sexist refers to discrimination or devaluation of women by men. Hypocritical refers to the pretense of having values, virtues, beliefs that one does not actually possess.

Are you trying to allude to something men like to call reverse sexism?

Not insinuating or alluding to reverse sexism. Reverse sexism is just another way to reinforce sexual and gender stereotypes. What I take issue with has to do with the dynamics of human relationships and how
one respects another. So, actually, my disapproval of calling someone " the woman" has nothing to do with sex or gender. Just my opinion and mindset. Context and tone are important to consider.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:53 PM   #2233
nicegirl88

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Single

nicegirl88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegal View Post
And where r your chiefs ms sassy pants? Lol
The Chiefs were robbed. lol We were de-Flowered, un-Bowe-d, and dis-Hali-ed. Really. :0
nicegirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicegirl88 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #2234
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Not insinuating or alluding to reverse sexism. Reverse sexism is just another way to reinforce sexual and gender stereotypes. What I take issue with has to do with the dynamics of human relationships and how
one respects another. So, actually, my disapproval of calling someone " the woman" has nothing to do with sex or gender. Just my opinion and mindset. Context and tone are important to consider.

DMW, with all due respect, to reframe sexism and misogyny into "sexual/gender stereotypes and the dynamics of human relationships" is nothing more than an attempt to deny they even exist.

To deny that sexism and misogyny even exists is incredibly disrespectful to women. It is denying that the struggles of women in a male dominated, male controlled, male fabricated society don't exist. Your mindset seems to be saying there are no disparities in wages between men and women, it is just a mathematical error? And access to opportunities is just a motivational issue? And rape is just a difference of opinion? And domestic violence is just communicating with fists?

Given this is your mind set, it kind of explains how sexism, misogyny, objectifying women, sexual harassment of women, sexual inappropriateness, and so on can occur here and you say nothing. Nothing. Not a peep out of you.

But, a woman calls another woman a woman, and here you come, the knight in shining armor on his white steed, ready to defend her honor?

You wont say boo to someone who is male identified and insulting women, but you are ok inflicting your warped sense of honor and respect on a woman who is being respectful to another woman?

Context and tone is very important. Your context and tone is that of a condescending, privileged, sexist prick. Unfortunately, you picked the wrong woman to tangle with. I have been dealing with jackasses like you longer than you have been a jackass. I'm not intimidated by nor impressed with male ignorance or arrogance.

The saddest part of this to me? I don't know when you transitioned, but you started life as a female. You had some female socialization. You had some female experiences. And yet, you don't seem to have a clue. Just boggles my mind.

And now back to football.....

Old 01-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #2235
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default .....

I agree back to football.....Go SEAHAWKS,

I,m flying my SEAHAWKS flag loud and proud,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #2236
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:

Kobi,

I actually agree on much that you have to say and don't think that I " picked the wrong woman to tangle with". I obviously, don't agree with what you have said about me personally. But, it is understandable.

I want to try and clarify a few things.

First and foremost I did not and do not deny that sexism or misogyny exist. I feel that reverse sexism is an excuse to continue unfair or unjust treatment towards women and just reinforces stereotypes based solely on an individuals gender or sex and not on one's character and abilities.

Just as reverse racism is a farce to deny what still exists.

Secondly, my reasoning for using the terms " basic human relationships" was to try and frame this into a simpler understanding of my mindset. Trying to explain or convey where i was coming from. Not to invalidate or erase sex or gender. In addition, wasn't trying to back peddle on my original feelings or statement of disapproval. I just didn't comprehend.
I do understand why you would assume, as much, based on what I have writ.

In general terms, if sex and gender are taken out of the equation referring to a woman as, " the woman" (from my perspective) no matter what sex says it ;seems caustic to me. That is my issue. Matter of fact, if coming from a biomale or a male ID'd individual, i would automatically assume it to be dismissive or disrespectful. So, most likely, I would have to have a discussion with them.

So, I have come to understand more after sometime for reflection.
When I stated context and tone need to be considered I was, in fact, thinking and considering it, as well. Trying to comprehend both perspectives. I was at work and didn't have time to continue my post. Sometimes, I feel that I shouldn't post unless I can follow up a discussion in due time. However, selfishly, I have come to more of an understanding from sharing my opinion and your responses.

If a woman calls another woman " the woman" and the relationship is that of mutual friendship and it is jovial ( good-natured) I "get it". And that is where my perspective and understanding was skewed and I took offense when, clearly, I shouldn't have.

I appreciate your replies. I am sorry for any upset or disturbance I have caused you.

And ,of course, my apologies to the members for the derail.

Go Peyton!
The Following User Says Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #2237
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

I'm hesitant to say "Go Payton or Go Broncos! I think I'll be accused of Payontism or being Broncoistic.I'll make sure that when I scream and root when TDs are made, in the privacy of my own home, I'll be politically correct about it. LOL
Old 01-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #2238
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

This one of those match ups where I will be happy regardless of who wins.

Broncos have done a tremendous turn around with Manning at the helm. Even Manning seems more mature as a player and has an excellent supporting cast. I do wish they would eliminate the OMAHA from the snap count tho.

Seattle has rebuilt into an awesome team. Gritty, powerful, explosive. Fun to watch.

Just hope it is a decent day given the outdoor venue in NJ.

------

DMW, we are cool. Will pm you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #2239
torchiegirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 1,605 Times in 545 Posts
torchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputation

yayayyy! go seahorses!

torchiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torchiegirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2014, 06:36 AM   #2240
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Reminder - America's most popular sporting event is also one of the largest venues for human trafficking in the world.

Later this week, New Jersey will host the Super Bowl, set to be the most expensive ever, with costs expected to reach $70 million. On Sunday, tens of thousands of football fans will make their way to MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey — about 20 miles from Douglas’ hometown — to watch the Broncos and Seahawks go viciously helmet-to-helmet.

Before fans cheer, shout, and drink plenty of beer celebrating the ultimate all-American tradition, they will place their hands on their hearts for Renee Fleming’s national anthem, and sing praise to the United States of America.

But there’s another side to the Super Bowl that most football fans will never see: America's most popular sporting event is also one of the largest venues for human trafficking in the world.

According to the New Jersey Coalition Against Human Trafficking, "The Super Bowl attracts tens of thousands of fans to the host city … But it also attracts a sector of violence, organized criminal activity that operates in plain sight without notice including human trafficking in both the sex and labor industries." Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.) said, "One Super Bowl after another after another has shown itself to be one of the largest events in the world where the cruelty of human trafficking goes on for several weeks." Cindy McCain, wife of Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), once called the Super Bowl the "largest human trafficking venue on the planet."

There are several reasons why trafficking increases around a huge event such as this. As hundreds of thousands of people (mainly men) flock to the New York City metro area for the week’s festivities, the primary motivator for increased prostitution is increased demand for it.

According to Dorchen Leidholdt, adjunct professor at Columbia University who teaches about violence against women, "The demand for prostitution will drive trafficking. ... It's supply and demand." According to documentary filmmaker Jane Wells, who produced a film on the topic, "There is corporate entertaining, parties, alcohol, corporate-sponsored parties, people away from their families, anonymity. It’s kind of like a perfect storm."

But this year could be worse.

CBS reported, "Many believe the state's sprawling highway system, proximity to New York City and diverse population make it an attractive base of operations for traffickers."

The three most common forms of sex trafficking expected this year are pimp-controlled prostitution, commercial-front brothels, and escort services.

Wells teamed up with John-Keith Wasson to make the disturbing documentary film "Tricked," inspired by the Super Bowl and sex trafficking, which chronicles "the pimps, the johns, the police, the parents and the victims of the America’s thriving sex trade." Douglas features prominently throughout. The filmmakers set out to show the glaring irony that "Americans are trafficked by Americans to service Americans at the quintessential American event."

Here's a snapshot of the startling facts they collected in researching for the film:

- The average entry age of girls into the sex trafficking industry in America is 12 to 14.

- The average life expectancy of a young girl after being trafficked is seven years.

- One third of teens living on the street will be lured toward prostitution within 48 hours of leaving home.

- Sex work is the most dangerous job in America, by 51 times.

- The average victim may be forced to have sex up to 20-48 times a day.

Law enforcement and politicians have been gearing up to address the problem. Mayor Bill de Blasio, members of the NYPD, FBI, and about 12 advocacy organizations recently held a meeting. Professor Leindholdt attended and said in an interview that law enforcement affirmed that trafficking activity is significantly increasing ahead of the game. The NYPD is stepping up its efforts.

Importantly, New Jersey’s Attorney General has made anti-human trafficking enforcement a priority.

But, the added emphasis on policing can only do so much. The laws that regulate the entire industry are completely out of whack. Currently, the arrest rate of a prostituted person to a john is 9:1. In other words, the blame has historically been placed on the prostituted individual, and not on the john, who could — at most — get a year in jail.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/79...per-bowl-on-tv

Tags
college, football, nfl, sec rules-big 10 drools, sports