Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-27-2010, 06:26 AM   #221
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

I just want to say what a HUGE difference working out has made. I don't do much yet, as I've mentioned earlier, 'cause I was soooooo out of shape. But even what I have been doing made a very noticeable difference in my stamina at the Reunion last weekend. I'm sure I would not have been able to dance, walk, stay up late, or other things the way I did if I hadn't been working out some already.

So just a pep talk to anyone thinking of starting, or thinking you're too far out of shape for it to matter. It DOES make a difference, even if you start small.

Keep up the good work everybody.

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #222
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Thanked 1,644 Times in 485 Posts
shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation

WOOT! Way to go A,keep up the good work! This week consisted of weights/3 mile run Monday,2 mile run Tuesday,weights/2 mile run Wednesday, 5 mile trail ride on the mountain bike Thursday and today is weights. Tomorrow I got a gig helping a friend move gravel with wheelbarrows and shovels,which is a full body functional strength workout alllllllllll in itself! Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! Shad
Old 08-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #223
ComparedToWhom

How Do You Identify?:
oh geez, a box... if I must, I"ll go with GeNdErQuEeR (100% all-natural, organic)
Preferred Pronoun?:
don't care as long as it's said respectfully
Relationship Status:
Rolling solo

Location: On the road/trail (see pic)... refuel in the Valley of the Sun (AZ)
ComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST Reputation

I'm new so hopefully linking off site isn't frowned upon.... just wanted to share a photo thread on a forum (of which I'm not even a member) that is sheer motivating awesomeness, regardless of where you are in your level of fitness. Click: HERE

Kudos to all you are working out!! Remember, it's not where ya stand, but the direction in which you are moving that counts!!!
ComparedToWhom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ComparedToWhom For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #224
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComparedToWhom View Post
I'm new so hopefully linking off site isn't frowned upon.... just wanted to share a photo thread on a forum (of which I'm not even a member) that is sheer motivating awesomeness, regardless of where you are in your level of fitness. Click: HERE

Kudos to all you are working out!! Remember, it's not where ya stand, but the direction in which you are moving that counts!!!
That was awesome! Especially the first post. One day I want to be able to post stuff like this.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #225
CrankyOldGuy

How Do You Identify?:
Just the right amount of wrong
Preferred Pronoun?:
[sic] Basturd
Relationship Status:
She turns my crank

CrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

a great site! thanks!

i was able to download the insanity workout using BitTorrent. it's free and who doesn't love a bargain these days! can't wait to try it out. i hear it rivals p90x.

"To say nothing, to do nothing, stops nothing" - Roni McCall,
Founder,
Through Their Eyes,
The National Animal Abuse Registry
CrankyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrankyOldGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #226
ComparedToWhom

How Do You Identify?:
oh geez, a box... if I must, I"ll go with GeNdErQuEeR (100% all-natural, organic)
Preferred Pronoun?:
don't care as long as it's said respectfully
Relationship Status:
Rolling solo

Location: On the road/trail (see pic)... refuel in the Valley of the Sun (AZ)
ComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

How 'bout a motivational photo to start the week, which is an all-time fav of mine, go to link and scroll to post #652 & #653: HERE (btw, I don't know the guy...wish I did though)

If those pics don't get you going you might want to have your pulse checked!
ComparedToWhom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComparedToWhom For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2010, 06:22 PM   #227
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
How 'bout a motivational photo to start the week, which is an all-time fav of mine, go to link and scroll to post #652 & #653: HERE (btw, I don't know the guy...wish I did though)

Amazing!!!

Thanks for sharing that link!
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #228
paposeco

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he,him,sir,dood...
Relationship Status:
ISO my Queen...

paposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputation
Smile healthy

I'm a ranch hand and a landscaper...sooo yes I do workout,
paposeco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paposeco For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #229
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Awesome Link!

Quote:

That is a GREAT link CTW! Thanks! This week so far has consisted of Lower Body/Abs on Monday, a 3 mile run on Tuesday,and Upper Body/Abs and a 3 mile treadmill run on Wednesday.Tomorrow will wind up being a rest day because I got a million things to DO! I have also entered the Soldier Ride for September. It is a 25 mile bike ride in Nashville,TN to support the Wounded Warrior Project. I can't think of anything more motivational than supporting and empowering our returning service members as they continue their lives after serving our nation around the globe. Shad
Old 09-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #230
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows papa View Post
That is a GREAT link CTW! Thanks! This week so far has consisted of Lower Body/Abs on Monday, a 3 mile run on Tuesday,and Upper Body/Abs and a 3 mile treadmill run on Wednesday.Tomorrow will wind up being a rest day because I got a million things to DO! I have also entered the Soldier Ride for September. It is a 25 mile bike ride in Nashville,TN to support the Wounded Warrior Project. I can't think of anything more motivational than supporting and empowering our returning service members as they continue their lives after serving our nation around the globe. Shad

I will ride with you in "spirit" LOL
Old 09-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #231
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I got a bicycle for my birthday. I just rode 5 miles in 18 minutes.
Not bad I think for my first real ride.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #232
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboi View Post
NOT bad at all Cowboi! What kind of bike did you get?
Old 09-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #233
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackTime View Post
I will ride with you in "spirit" LOL
Oh hellllllllllll wait a minute...You are going to be on my bike...haha
Old 09-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #234
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
NOT bad at all Cowboi! What kind of bike did you get?

It a Trek, Navigator. its called a bike path bike, with wide tires.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #235
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Quote:
Good on ya, Cowboi, ROCK on! Brother Snack, if I can talk MBD into riding with me, you'll be there in more than spirit because I'll be riding YOUR bike! I promise to take good care of your "baby"! It's a road bike so I stand a much better chance of keeping the rubber side DOWN!! Shad
Old 09-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #236
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Quote:
It a Trek, Navigator. its called a bike path bike, with wide tires.

NICE Cowboi...I am quite familiar with Trek bikes. My roommate (Shadows papa) and I have the Trek 1000 Discovery Channel edition road bikes. I also have a Gary Fisher Advance mountain bike
Old 09-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #237
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Quote:
Good on ya, Cowboi, ROCK on! Brother Snack, if I can talk MBD into riding with me, you'll be there in more than spirit because I'll be riding YOUR bike! I promise to take good care of your "baby"! It's a road bike so I stand a much better chance of keeping the rubber side DOWN!! Shad
LMAO...true dat @ much better chance of keeping...

Old 09-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #238
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Today is the first time i've really worked out in over a year. Stretches, situps, crunches and a 1 mile walk. Well, it is a beginning at least. Headin in for a bubblebath cause I know tomorrow I am gonna be one sore little girl.

But I am proud!!!! It is at least a good start. Thanks for the thread and thoughts of encouragement!!!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #239
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Quote:
NICE Cowboi...I am quite familiar with Trek bikes. My roommate (Shadows papa) and I have the Trek 1000 Discovery Channel edition road bikes. I also have a Gary Fisher Advance mountain bike

I used to ride road bikes about 30 years ago...ugh, damn im old!
I was planning on getting a new bike in a few weeks, when it started getting cooler.
The Dr. that I scrub for, rides and we were talking about bikes one day. i mentioned that I was going to start looking for bike. What the hell ya know! He and my BFF went in and got me one for my Bday!! It is not the bike I would have chosen, but I really love it.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #240
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Note to self - Eat a couple of hours before workout....not 14 HOURS before the workout. No wonder I didn't have any energy last week. I was forgetting to eat. Ate about 45 mins before workout, some fruit and a protein beverage. Felt much better through the workout.

I hazzz muscle. You have to poke really hard to feel it through the fat, but it's there.

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post: