Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 04-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #361
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

(((((((((((((((Jen))))))))))))))))

Wow, that does sound stressful There is nothing I can say or do to make it "better", but just know that you are in my thoughts.

No, not really stressful to go out on the street (although, I have been making every excuse NOT to lately, except to go to work.. hmm ), and honestly, the neighborhood is pretty calm.. lol. It just seems like I am running into these events. Bah..

Again, sending you some positive energy.

Dragonfly, thank you for your welcome and ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) right back atcha Sending Light your way too, hon.

-Tony
TenderKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TenderKnight For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #362
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderKnight View Post
(((((((((((((((Jen))))))))))))))))

Wow, that does sound stressful There is nothing I can say or do to make it "better", but just know that you are in my thoughts.

No, not really stressful to go out on the street (although, I have been making every excuse NOT to lately, except to go to work.. hmm ), and honestly, the neighborhood is pretty calm.. lol. It just seems like I am running into these events. Bah..

Again, sending you some positive energy.

Dragonfly, thank you for your welcome and ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) right back atcha Sending Light your way too, hon.

-Tony
Thank you so much!

I hope we all calm down soon and get back to Peace and Harmony!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #363
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

Update to what happened last week. I have to appear as a witness next tuesday.. Gah.. STRESSED now.. lol
The Following User Says Thank You to TenderKnight For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #364
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderKnight View Post
Update to what happened last week. I have to appear as a witness next tuesday.. Gah.. STRESSED now.. lol
Ohh yuck. Soooo. Sorry!

We will be thinking about you.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:34 PM   #365
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Tony,

I am so very sorry about having to go to court. Crap. PTSD is a rollercoaster.

I was wondering if you can go talk to someone before going to court. I think it would do you a world of good. Plus it would be of help afterwards. Do you know of any places where you can inquire about this?

Jen,

I am hoping you find your inner peace and strength right now. I think we all need it sooner than later.

Everyone here is in my thoughts and prayers.

Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #366
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,525 Times in 1,698 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Everyone;

I finally have some time to post again...I have been so busy and truly I have been blessed...so why do the depression symptoms try to rear their ugly head in my life these days?

I've been going thru some bad flashbacks lately, because my ex is trying to convince me that I should be with her/go back to her, all the while I am in love and happy with my hunny...it makes me feel weird and dirty but some tiny lil piece of me is happy that she wants me still. Why do I think that its happy? I think it's just an old and familiar. This relationship was extrememly dysfunctional, it was a TPE relationship without us even being a BDSM couple. I never knew I had given up total power to her. It was the worst 16 years of my life, being treated like a slave with no rights, no say...I don't tell this much because I don't like to revisit it. (It has taken the better part of 6 years to "deprogram" me from this control of hers.) I know its wrong, I know its not an option, going back to her is like taking 1000 steps backwards...and so, I am caught in this sort of auto pilot mode...I keep going thru my days, not always emotionally present and trying not to let this touch me...but it makes for a very difficult moment, then my days are delayed or not as filled because the depression, until I can overcome it and move, takes precedent. I am doing everything I can to push it off me, praying and trusting in God, calling on the holy spirit to inspire and motivate me, energize me and get me out of that place in my head and heart I am at in those moments.

I don't know if this makes sense, I just needed to vent, I needed to share and I needed my friends. I hope you are all overcoming, because we all deserve better. My head and heart and life knows this. But some days, nostalgia gets me and I allow it...damn those bridges of madison county! I need to remember that it's only once a year I'm allowed to do that.

My aunt is doing better, she is in a rehab facility now, my family is wonderful, and my home is all organized and clean and very comfortable. Work is taking a beating with everything I am going thru--have been doing in my personal life--but I am hoping I can get back into my stride and be productive, once again.

Love and blessings to all.

Shug

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #367
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

I am so sorry this is happening Shug! Is there a way to distance yourself from your ex? I get being glad she still wants you, but it seems to be dragging you down? I am thinking about you and sending you happy vibes!!!!

Or maybe it's the pollen....or who knows what can set off depression. Logically things can seem so wonderful, but underneath the pain and anger simmers.

Sometimes It is hard to know what will set me off. I am considering another psychiatric visit if I don't feel better.

I love you guys and am so thankful we have this place to vent and share.

Hugs all around!

Jen
Old 04-07-2010, 12:05 PM   #368
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

(((((((((((Shug)))))))))))) sending you some positive thoughts and hugs.. I can relate with what you are going through, as I'm sure a lot of us on this thread can. I agree with Jen.. Is there anyway to set some bounderies or distance with the ex? I was in a simular situation a few years back.. I had an on again off again thing with this woman and it complicated my r/t relationships to no end. I loved giving my power over to this woman, even though she didn't really want it in the way I was giving it.. *shakes my head* Haven't been in contact with her for over three years and I still think about her sometimes. The head and the heart are weird things sometimes..

Wishing you the very best in this process.

Andrew, yes, I am going to ask my sponcer to come with me.. He has been part of my life for over a year and I trust him with everything.. I'm very grateful to have him. I will also be looking into some therapy soon.. I know that I need it, but part of me keeps putting it off. I think that may be some depression stuff coming up.

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) To everyone on this thread.. Hope today brings you a little light and warmth.

-Tony
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TenderKnight For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #369
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

It is natural to think abusers can change. In the years I avoided my father, there were so many times I wondered if possibly I went back things could be different this time. But they never were.

Tony, so glad to hear you will have someone with at court. Just the noise and people can be stressful ion themselves.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #370
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Yeah.. I have real issues with crowds anyway.. I get tense and start to stress out. As long as my back is to the wall and I'm near an exit, I'm fine, but if I'm stuck there.. OMG.. crazy time in my head.. Talking myself down the whole time, lol.

I want to thank you again, Jen, for creating this thread.. it has helped me and it gives me something to look forward to in the mornings.. That may sound silly, it may not.. But it's true. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to TenderKnight For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #371
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

I am so glad to come in here and see what you all are up to too. It is kind of a grounding point. So thank you too!

I do not like crowds at all or loud noises or fussy people.....and it gets worse the older I am.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #372
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Crowds are ok. It just depends on who is there in the crowd. You know what I mean. If it is strangers, then no. For example, I am not into going clubbing like I was when I was a teenager. I would rather watch a ball game on TV. Or grill outside on my deck, smoke a cigar, and talk with my neighbors. I am at a point in my life that I no longer take things for granite. My home is my castle type of thing. I love it.

My father is my abuser. I can tell him something and he will go off on me for no reason at all. He is just a mean-spirited elderly man. His joy is ranting and raving about my mistakes in life starting when I was 5 yo. Yep. He goes back that far. When I tell people about my abuser I always say the phrase "crazy as a fox". It is the only way to describe him. He is smart, but nuts. I pity him, and pray for him. That is all that is left to do.

Tony,

I am glad you got your sponsor involved. Good for you!

Apocalipstic,

I have no idea about switching doctors. I am not a good one to ask. You know I just have no more strength or belief in anyone in the medical community because of my past history with doctors and therapists and their betrayal of my trust.

Shug,

I am happy to hear the news about your aunt. That is a positive step!

I think we all go thru the ups and downs in life. It is a rollercoaster. And finding that even keel is just hard work. Some days it is perfect, and others it is just a struggle and fight to get to Point A, and forget about Point B. Take your vitamins, and meds, say your prayers, and go for it. At least that is what I do. All the glory goes to God for keeping me alive this long.

Much love and peace to everyone,
Andrew, living 1 day at a time
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #373
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

PTSD, oh yeah, I have it. I have a new reason to have it as well. It's a bitch that I gotta deal with and it ain't easy sometimes either. I hope all of you that have this are able to cope with better days ahead.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #374
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,525 Times in 1,698 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you all for your advice, caring and well wishes...big hugs to all of you!

My fibromyalgia is acting up and with it comes a vulnerability in the depression department, but I fight it with everything I've got. And as you all know, my everything is my father God, amen.

Times like these, other symptoms crop up, but I am on it, taking a med to counteract or at least alleviate the aches and pains that comes with that and drink a lot of water and try to keep active although that is sometimes very difficult. It comes and goes, so it could last a few days, weeks or months...the last bout was 6 months ago. That lasted a few weeks. I am hoping though that now that I recognize the signs I can head this off at the pass, so to speak...

When it rains it pours huh?

After I wrote that last post of mine, I was able to let it go, you know, the grip it tried to have on me, the feelings I had and was going thru with the ex...it's insane really, and yet, it is and was a reality for me at one point in my life. It was the only longterm relationship I'd ever had, and it was so dysfunctional. I am very blessed to be rid of that. We have children together, but I try not to allow her to involve me, although I am not always successful. She has no control over me anymore like in the past, but sometimes there are triggers yet today, seeing it in print like that was a great eye opener(not to mention release) for me.

Thank you Apocalipstic for this thread. I can soooo appreciate it today as everyday. Have I told you lately how much I appreciate you? I do. As do many others...you are indeed very special and I am very happy to count you as a friend.

God bless you all--love and blessings to you all!

Shug
Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 05:06 PM   #375
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Hi everyone,

Just checking in before the weekend.
My journey into exploring and facing severe trauma began
18 months ago with the situation gaining intensity
and remaining that way for the last 3 months.

I'm proud to say I'm alive; I made it through
what had to have been the most frightening,
most difficult part of remembering my ordeal.

There were continuous body flashbacks; many
times I had to hold on to something and remind
myself that what was happening wasn't real,
but a memory.

The intensity has eased up quite a bit and I'm
able to sleep. But there are residual affects such
feeling isolated and wanting to be that way;
remorse, disbelief that I went through this,
and terrible feelings of victimization for
having been blindsided.

I have a terrible time coping with the
fact that anything at all could have happened
so unforeseen and left field.

I could have been killed, and to think that I
had a brush with death is a lot to deal with.
At the same time, I think these are painful,
but normal responses.

The past few weeks have been heart stopping
to say the least and it took incessant prayer
and what faith I have to face unconscionable
fears and memories.

Mine was a case of severe shock and fear,
to the point that my heart chakra is so damaged
it feels as though a sword has gone right through
my sternum and out the back leaving and "empty
space" in that area.

But as I remembered and moved through
the shock, I felt a sort of "fusing" as though
my insides are fusing back together and that
"space" is beginning to close—normal feelings
in my chest are returning and the recovery
process has begun.

I can't speculate how long this will take.
Until then, I hope you're all doing well.

Jet

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #376
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Hi everyone,

Just checking in before the weekend.
My journey into exploring and facing severe trauma began
18 months ago with the situation gaining intensity
and remaining that way for the last 3 months.

I'm proud to say I'm alive; I made it through
what had to have been the most frightening,
most difficult part of remembering my ordeal.

There were continuous body flashbacks; many
times I had to hold on to something and remind
myself that what was happening wasn't real,
but a memory.

The intensity has eased up quite a bit and I'm
able to sleep. But there are residual affects such
feeling isolated and wanting to be that way;
remorse, disbelief that I went through this,
and terrible feelings of victimization for
having been blindsided.

I have a terrible time coping with the
fact that anything at all could have happened
so unforeseen and left field.

I could have been killed, and to think that I
had a brush with death is a lot to deal with.
At the same time, I think these are painful,
but normal responses.

The past few weeks have been heart stopping
to say the least and it took incessant prayer
and what faith I have to face unconscionable
fears and memories.

Mine was a case of severe shock and fear,
to the point that my heart chakra is so damaged
it feels as though a sword has gone right through
my sternum and out the back leaving and "empty
space" in that area.

But as I remembered and moved through
the shock, I felt a sort of "fusing" as though
my insides are fusing back together and that
"space" is beginning to close—normal feelings
in my chest are returning and the recovery
process has begun.

I can't speculate how long this will take.
Until then, I hope you're all doing well.

Jet

My dear,

I know alot of your struggle. I pray with you and for you in your healing.

God Bless You.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #377
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation
Default Jet

Jet u have many friends hear,me for one,I wish u well in your journey..remember u r never alone.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:17 AM   #378
DELSDAUGHTER

How Do You Identify?:
femme , with occasional tomboy tendencies
Relationship Status:
single,just me and the pup...

DELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST ReputationDELSDAUGHTER Has the BEST Reputation

Just stopping by with a big hello and (((HUG)))
for everyone...

My daughter has moved home from colorado..and i am happy to announce she told me yesterday that her anxiety has lessened and hasnt had any chest or throat syptoms since she has been home....

thank goodness......boy a difference a feww months makes sometimes....

wishing you all well......have a good sunday.....
DELSDAUGHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DELSDAUGHTER For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #379
Princess4u

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, love of my life....princess!!!

Location: Tn for now..waiting for my prince to come and take me away
Princess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday I spent some time with my older sister. She mentioned running into someone from our old neighbourhood like 32 years ago old. We are TN now and we grew up in MD, so she ran into this person here in TN at a clinic she goes to for her medical care. So she mentions this name to me and it so happens that this person is the aunt of one of the boys who molested me. My heart stopped beating at the sound of this name...but I thought to myself that was a different time and place. Then she tells me where she ran into this person...now keep in mind my sister has no knowledge of my past nor do I want her to. So it took all I had just to keep my cool and not flip out. But I am glad to report.....no anxiety today or lastnight and no bad dreams...in the past when this abuse episode was triggered by something I not only had to deal with the psychological aspect of remembering...but the physical, does that make sense to anyone. Like my body remembered what was done to it and I feel it all over again. Crazy huh? But I was glad that i didnt have to endure any of that again..at least this time...maybe its all gone...wouldnt that be nice! Hugs and love and blessings to you all. May you have a beautiful week and find great joy and peace in your lives.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #380
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Disclosing past abuse, no matter the kind (physical, sexual, mental, and so on) is very personal and private. I find it rather insulting and offensive when people want others to post their personal and intimate details online. To me it is like going to work, and having co-workers wanting to have something to talk about. You just don't do it. It is the same as talking about your sex life with everyone. You just don't do it.

Princess, you hold your head high. You a just a lovebug. Don't let anyone force you to do or say anything you don't want too! Remember we love you something terribly here, and I will stand up for anyone who tries to be ugly.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post: