Old 06-19-2015, 05:22 AM   #21
flapdoodle

How Do You Identify?:
I'm the Mrs.
Preferred Pronoun?:
reflexive
Relationship Status:
Married in 2013

flapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputation
Default 100 femmes

Let's do a photo shoot, I'm game, tell me where and when....I need some notice, to pack, of course

all ages, I am in my 50'z, and, I rock whatever I feel like...age..pfft

I don't even know what age appropriate really means.
and who wants to really be all that appropriate, not me!

Cuppa, let's organize a femme photo shoot all shapes sizes, ages, and outfits

any camera holders???
flapdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flapdoodle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #22
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
Of course.

But some butches love the look of femmes in lingerie and would *love* 100 photos of REAL
FEMMES - and not just celebs - in beautiful dresses, long gowns, lingerie and swimwear.

This is the same things, for us. Because many many femmes doesn't get to see maculine females or transmasculines in their daily life.

And I LOVE that it's not just North Americans. I love that there are eurostylistas and the UK. DapperQ is not just 'Murica Butch.

I can see down home casual on the street where I live. This is my candy for missing living in London... And I love love love seeing it. Just as much as a butch loves seeing a femme dolled up.

It's been decades of waiting for things like this, for us. To even see it in some form of media.

Now that's it's here, I am so so happy I can see what turns me on when I have to go weeks without seeing masculine females and genderqueers.
I have to disagree on this, I am not one for seeing a femme dressed up in swimwear, lingerie or dresses, etc. It looks like the Miss Universe competition to me, which I do not watch, I find it degrading.

I would much rather see a femme in jeans,a nice shirt and flip flops, where you know she is comfortable!

But carry on!

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #23
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Thanked 1,809 Times in 447 Posts
Daisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I have to disagree on this, I am not one for seeing a femme dressed up in swimwear, lingerie or dresses, etc. It looks like the Miss Universe competition to me, which I do not watch, I find it degrading.

I would much rather see a femme in jeans,a nice shirt and flip flops, where you know she is comfortable!

But carry on!
You know I am uncomfortable in jeans...I am comfortable more in dresses and skirts, I feel they compliment my personality and underline my femininity ....clothes are such a useful tool for self expression. As for swimwear and lingerie I am a private viewings only kinda girl !

DC
Daisy Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Daisy Chain For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2015, 10:34 PM   #24
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,726 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I found a couple of lists of femme lesbians/femme queers when I searched for five minutes. Google is your friend
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2015, 10:46 PM   #25
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

But carry on!
That's great. I *like* fancier clothes and urban wear. I'm an urban girl. There are plenty of people who like flip flops and plenty of people who like brogues.
This is a fabulous visual extravaganza for those who love to see smart casual, fashionable, and casual formal urban fare.

And I much prefer to be in a dress than jeans and flips flops. I'm not comfortable wearing that. I LOVE wearing what I do. My Butch parters loved their urban fashion.

Not everyone wants to dress they way you feel most comfortable. I'm just showing a link to what I really do love seeing butches in. I love that these are community orientated folk and there is all ages and shapes and ethnicities.

It's not a policy about what butches world wide should wear. It's one list. From a queering men's fashion blog.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2015, 10:47 PM   #26
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

I think it's marvelous when a woman I'm crazy about gets dolled up. I even dig "dolled up" for it's retro, 40's gangster's girlfriend vibe.

Of course I am wholeheartedly for everyone being comfortable. But...but, when the effort is put in, when the thought is put in, when, by her choices she shows me how well she knows me, that she might actually be somewhat uncomfortable and she knows that appeals to both of us...yeah, I like that. I like experiencing her when she knows she looks fantastic and that she dressed for her own pleasure as well.

I love that she will toss on jeans and a t-shirt to hit the farmers' market with me on a weekend morning, hair however messy she wants it, not a jot of makeup. That's easily as breathtaking as her being dressed to the nines. It's just very different.

Regarding the "it's what's on the inside that matters" thing...that is definitely so. It's what will bring you to my heart. So...what? We can't have it all? I think it's possible. A wonderful, bright, funny, creative, kinky, intellectually hungry human being who can make me hard with just a glance; and who knows she can, yes, thanks. My preference is one, I suppose, of duality in many forms. Get dolled up for me, but be understated. I'd much rather you be a surreptitious provocateur, just the two of us knowing what lies beneath.

Darn it, I think I'm derailing myself.

I'll end by saying I love a good tie.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:55 PM   #27
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

I'm not talking about finding a partner.

I'm talking about just being incredibly greatful for being able to view 100 stylish butches, tomboys, genderqueers and Transmasculines in a list.

When I was 26, 20 years ago, the only place I could see a butch was being super lucky at the local dyke bar maybe once a month or looking at photos on the dash site.

That was IT. That's the only place I could see people of the gender I was attracted to.

This would have made 26 year old me weep.

And I love fashion. That's just who I am. I appreciate a well put together outfit. I love a dandy.

That this list, in this form, exists, is very exciting and happy for me.

Not a reason to bitch.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2015, 11:02 PM   #28
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

If you don't want to look, don't. If you don't want to wear it, don't. I love how simple it is.

I'm glad for those who appreciate the butch smorgasbord. I'm just sorry it's taken so long to be able to see it.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:50 AM   #29
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Why can't we have something nice to look at without having to explain ourselves? Thanks for posting Cupcake!
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2015, 09:30 AM   #30
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Well, I think some things do need to be challenged. If I put up pictures of straight women, or people we had no idea if they were queer or not, or a list of 100 people who were all white, thin and in their 20"s... Then I would totally get it.

I also get that JD doesn't like looking at pics of people that aren't dressed in the manner he feels most comfortable with. He thinks it's a competition (miss universe). I can understand that he thinks that about mainstream media pics of white femininity, but a bunch of femmes (or butches) happy and comfortable, smiling and and very glad to be there for the camera, very happy about wearing their *own* wardrobe, clothes they have bought and love, without being ranked (as is clearly stated on this site)... With a diverse array of splendour (age, size, ethnicity gender of masculine of centre)..

Be still my heart

The only thing I can think of is that the people who are irritated by it don't see themselves and their way of dressing in the list. Therefore they feel left out of the praise of femme attention.

Well the only thing I can say to that is: having lived in a few different countries, american cowboy, american down home butch, american backwoods marleborough dress is over-represented in any of the pictures I see of North American butches on blogs and on sites. It's considered to be the uniform of butch in the US - from an out sider point of view. Even locally, the daily wear, when I came back, of butch is jeans, t shirt, polar fleece, or a checked shirt. And if you don't dress that way, you can't be butch.

That is not representative of how *many* other butches dress. Also, dandies and fashionable dressers of the masculine variety have put down as "faggits" in North America for decades by many butches and femmes. The bow tie has even been called classist by some american butches who don't like "men's fashion" having been finally picked up as interesting and applyable to butches on this side of the pond.

Instead of seeing it as diversifying and fucking fantastic that those who want it are now able to. That being interested in clothes, as a butch, doesn't make you a "homo butch" (holy crap, really???)

Frankly, that this "Transgressing men's fashion" site has finally taken off and is beloved? Shows me that there are many ways to dress now. I *love* the floral sport jacket. I swoon at floral dress shirts and peacocking patterns on formal wear to make them casual. I love beuatiful linen trousers worn with a hand printed band tshirt, legs roled up to show bare feet, a sport jacket and a flat cap. Maybe some leather bracelets and a nice watch. The mix of highly formal with very casual it's something I deeply admire as a way to creatively express who you are.

Perhaps it's my punk rock youth - we made our clothes from secondhand formal wear into individualistic expressions of self. So I love people choosing their clothes with care and with intent to show parts of themselves. It's why I personally love wearing corsets as often as I can get away with it.

Fashion as part of expression of self is like painting with clothing.

I do with with make up too.

For some of us it's not about being just comfortable. Some of us *love* clothes for the expressiveness. These 100 butches, tomboys, genderqueers and transmasculines do too! How utterly fantastic!

Last edited by imperfect_cupcake; 06-20-2015 at 09:53 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2015, 09:31 AM   #31
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It's refreshing to see a mixture of all. Class and dignity, with a flair of genuine pride! Makes me want to dress up as well. Toss my daily uniform and handsome up with my girl next to me. .. Awesome thread!
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2015, 04:40 PM   #32
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Actually my point has nothing to do with anything about competition or rank. It has to do with feeling appreciated when you do NOT fit into the dapper mold.

Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2015, 12:10 AM   #33
fever

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,280 Times in 357 Posts
fever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputation
Default I agree DC

, and can feel a huge connection to someone sight unseen. I am drawn to words that are spoken, humour, kindness, intelligence, and a kick ass attitude. My age range was kinda true in my "crush" world, but it is all about the person, nothing else.

humbly,
C

You haven't been on this site long, so you don't know me or my sense of humour. I am all about energy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Chain View Post
Well many have a type they gravitate towards agreed,

But for me its all about energy, eye contact, the casual ease with which they seem to occupy their space, the softest of smiles that drips with intent, thats what makes my knees weak.

the size of someones chest, or their body size, height etc are of no consequence..........butch energy comes in many forms, I drink it in with my soul rather than my eyes.

DC
fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 05:52 AM   #34
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Quote:
Actually my point has nothing to do with anything about competition or rank. It has to do with feeling appreciated when you do NOT fit into the dapper mold.
JD, there is enough femme love and appreciation for every single kind of masculinity. Being on this site should have shown you that by now. Dapper is NOT the most popular in the US as far as I can tell by what US femmes regularly say on threads at this site and on Facebook groups.

This list is not about you and I can see that upsets you.

You must feel very ignored in being appreciated in general.

But this is not about appreciating the cowboy look. Thats another list and another thread.

If there was a thread appreciating girls who have dark hair, that wouldn't include me. And that's OK. It's OK that this list is about appreciating dapper fashion on tomboys, butches, genderqueer and transmasculine.

Last edited by imperfect_cupcake; 06-21-2015 at 05:57 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2015, 05:36 PM   #35
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
JD, there is enough femme love and appreciation for every single kind of masculinity. Being on this site should have shown you that by now. Dapper is NOT the most popular in the US as far as I can tell by what US femmes regularly say on threads at this site and on Facebook groups.

This list is not about you and I can see that upsets you.

You must feel very ignored in being appreciated in general.

But this is not about appreciating the cowboy look. Thats another list and another thread.

If there was a thread appreciating girls who have dark hair, that wouldn't include me. And that's OK. It's OK that this list is about appreciating dapper fashion on tomboys, butches, genderqueer and transmasculine.
Im sorry you seem to think about me being ignored. Smh. I simply made a statement and my opinion but that does not imply that I am being ignored.

Albert Einstein
Old 06-21-2015, 06:05 PM   #36
Vivacious1

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme
Relationship Status:
taken

3 Highscores

Vivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mercy

Mercy mercy mercy
Old 06-21-2015, 09:16 PM   #37
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Quote:
Im sorry you seem to think about me being ignored. Smh. I simply made a statement and my opinion but that does not imply that I am being ignored.
Quote:
Quote:
Actually my point has nothing to do with anything about competition or rank. It has to do with feeling appreciated when you do NOT fit into the the dapper mold
(My bolding to emphasise)

Maybe going into a thread that talks about attraction for science geeks isn't the place to moan about being appreciated for being a carpenter

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2015, 10:52 PM   #38
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

OK I must say this out of self preservation, if you femmes are going to rock my world with great photos of yourselves, would you all mind if I finish recovering from open back surgery that way i won't reinjre my back all I will have to eal with a majorwhiplash. It would be so great to finaly put some faces to thos ames here on the planet. Thanks for the consideration in advnace.
Justy
Old 06-22-2015, 02:45 AM   #39
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Thanked 1,809 Times in 447 Posts
Daisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
OK I must say this out of self preservation, if you femmes are going to rock my world with great photos of yourselves, would you all mind if I finish recovering from open back surgery that way i won't reinjre my back all I will have to eal with a majorwhiplash. It would be so great to finaly put some faces to thos ames here on the planet. Thanks for the consideration in advnace.
Justy

{{{ Justy ! }}}....no we dont want you suffering a new injury !!

DC
Daisy Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daisy Chain For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2015, 04:29 AM   #40
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,788 Times in 1,441 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
It would be so great to finaly put some faces to thos ames here on the planet. Thanks for the consideration in advnace.
Justy
Be careful what you wish for.
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post: