Notices

Old 01-01-2016, 03:17 AM   #561
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
Heidi gets a Denamarin for life, to help with liver issues. It is difficult to get those in her anymore. I break them into halves & "hide" them in raspberries or cheese.

She also gets an 81mg. baby aspirin, which I also have to hide. Today was a cheese ball AND she ate cheese & spit pill out then ran off. Lil shit!

Rowdy takes arthaway for arthritis daily, the vet said put it on her food once a day, patooie she said when she turned her nose up then walked away in a huff. But will eat it mixed with peanut butter, so if you are breaking the pill up there shouldn't be a problem crushing it up then mixing it in something Heidi
likes. I use a half a small tea spoon of pnb to a measure of arthaway mix it up and away we go.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 10:10 AM   #562
catlady

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

catlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I knew what my cat was up to I'm currently away at my fiancee's place, so it's been weeks. But I'll be back soon in NY to finally see my cat! I miss her lots.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:01 AM   #563
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pets

My kitties were very upset last night with all the fire works. Today is quiet and cuddle time so far.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 01:30 PM   #564
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
My kitties were very upset last night with all the fire works. Today is quiet and cuddle time so far.

The fire works hear last night were loud and long, my poor pups wanted to go out to do there thing but were to scared of the noise. I'm glad I keep doggie pee pads in stock for them to use at night.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 02:32 PM   #565
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

I am sorry that your pups were upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
The fire works hear last night were loud and long, my poor pups wanted to go out to do there thing but were to scared of the noise. I'm glad I keep doggie pee pads in stock for them to use at night.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 07:47 PM   #566
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,197 Times in 3,027 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I adopted a new cat yesterday. He's the brother of a cat I adopted last year. (He was returned to the original foster home when his adoptive family had to move last week. The foster home contacted me to see if I could take him and I was a sucker about it.) So today... Charlie, the new guy, had day two of learning how to interact with the other two cats and the dog. Our old lady cat, Oma, has just sniffed him, patted him on the head, and decided she loves him. His sister, Pepper, is quite annoyed that he followed her here and has been hissing and spitting at him. The dog learned the hard way last night not to nose the new guy too much. (Ninja strike to his face) and has been learning new boundaries with him. Meanwhile, Charlie has gotten a few dozen good belly rubs and is decidedly super relaxed about the entire situation.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 08:39 PM   #567
Nattih

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST Reputation

Mostly lazed about and slept.

Big puppy scratched my leg in order to attempt to get my food, which he knows he is not supposed to do. I suppose I have been dethroned as the Alpha of the clan.
Nattih is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nattih For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 08:45 PM   #568
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Pets

That moment when the kitty is sitting next to you and you smell cat box. Is that your butt or is that the house? Haha!
Now I have to decide if I want to lift her tail. Haha!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2016, 06:13 AM   #569
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,765 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

After two nights of me locking him out, I let Oliver sleep with me in the bed again.

Oy.

At o'dark thirty, he starts in. I was able to ignore him for a minute but he started up again so I loved on him and admonished him and reminded him that it's the sun and my alarm that wakes me, not him.

I was able to get some sleep before the alarm started going off and then Oliver was there, sitting and looking at my phone and looking at me and meowing and looking at the phone and looking at me and meowing....rinse, lather, repeat.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2016, 08:10 AM   #570
Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

My beautiful girl has been acting strangely lately. She is usually very mellow bit this is wayyy too mellow.

Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

~Lao Tzu
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2016, 10:51 PM   #571
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

He's too friggin' cute when he's sleeping and snuggly with me.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2016, 12:16 AM   #572
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
He's too friggin' cute when he's sleeping and snuggly with me.
Yeah, but how much longer does he have before he is ditched outside the bedroom? Poor, Oliver.

Mr. Potato and I went hiking on the local trails today. He loves running down the trails super fast so much that I let him off leash when the parking lot is practically empty. Some older man made a comment to me when we got back to the empty parking lot, though. He said that I should be careful because he has seen rangers give tickets to people before. He wasn't even on the trails we were on, he was just looking at some older home that is on the state park property.

It is hard. I don't have a large yard for him to run in, and he loves the trails in the woods so much, and is so polite to the people he comes across (and seeing people is so rare...today we didn't come across a single person), it is hard for me to follow the "rules", of the dog always kept on the leash. He is only a 11 pounder dog, as well.

There is absolutely nothing in this world that excites him more than running the single track trails in the woods.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2016, 09:06 AM   #573
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,197 Times in 3,027 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Right now I'm watching our new cat watch "birdavision". I have my air conditioner installed in a window and covered. I lay bird food out on it in the morning. There is a table in front of that window for the cats to watch the birds and squirrels eat. It gets really funny. The new cat hadn't ventured into that room yet until this morning. I watched my old lady cat take him there and show him the birds while he sat on a chair next to the table. Then she moved over and made room for him to sit on the table with her. Very sweet. They are bonding and drooling over and chatting at the birds.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2016, 11:40 AM   #574
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Pets

I was texting with my friend this morning and the baby kitty decided that she had to have my attention ASAP. She pushed my arm and tried to lift my arm for a pet. Well she won that battle. Haha!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #575
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Yeah, but how much longer does he have before he is ditched outside the bedroom? Poor, Oliver.

Mr. Potato and I went hiking on the local trails today. He loves running down the trails super fast so much that I let him off leash when the parking lot is practically empty. Some older man made a comment to me when we got back to the empty parking lot, though. He said that I should be careful because he has seen rangers give tickets to people before. He wasn't even on the trails we were on, he was just looking at some older home that is on the state park property.

It is hard. I don't have a large yard for him to run in, and he loves the trails in the woods so much, and is so polite to the people he comes across (and seeing people is so rare...today we didn't come across a single person), it is hard for me to follow the "rules", of the dog always kept on the leash. He is only a 11 pounder dog, as well.

There is absolutely nothing in this world that excites him more than running the single track trails in the woods.
So suck it up, buttercup, and pay the ticket if you get one.

Or search for an off leash park.

Oliver is not poor. That little sucker is spoiled and is snoozing his heart out in the middle of my bed right now. He gets plenty of bed time during the day and plenty of sleep because, well, he's a cat and that's what they do.

I came home from work verrrry late last night and got to bed verrrry late because I couldn't wind down and my precious love, Oliver, was oblivious to my needs and somewhere between 5-6am starting in on me.

Next time, I'm bringing him to your house. Let's see if you like it.

Hrmph.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2016, 03:11 PM   #576
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,294 Times in 5,176 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Tiny Dog is confused. First of all, she got banned from the basement because it is still not completely cleaned up from the flood. So now, she is eating in the kitchen, and her water bowl is there too. Secondly, we spent New Year's Eve and New Year's Day away from home, and she was sleeping in a new place. She was excited to see some dogs she knows, but when she was ready to sleep, she wished the puppies would leave her alone. Fortunately, they are crated at night, so everyone was eventually able to sleep.

So on New Year's night, and also last night, she kept looking at me between bites of her dinner. When I tried to go to another room, she followed me without finishing her meal. So I had to go back and wait in the kitchen for her to be done.

I guess her schedule has gotten rattled. She will be okay in a day or two, I'm sure, once she sees our normal schedule has resumed.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2016, 04:54 PM   #577
Nattih

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST Reputation

I am trying to determine if large puppy is just a fatty who loves eating or if he is not getting enough nutrition from his food. He keeps inhaling both the bowls of food and I have to go back to refill for little puppy to get anything to eat.

Little puppy is being a brat. I tried to scoot him over, he pushed back. I tried to pick him up to move him, he went limp. Apparently I am only on MY bed by his benevolence.
Nattih is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nattih For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2016, 05:13 PM   #578
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
So suck it up, buttercup, and pay the ticket if you get one.

Well, I think the actual reason the man told me was to scold me. I do feel guilty about it. What is the opinion of the group here? If there is practically no one in the parking lot, so it is possible to not pass anyone the entire time on the trail, and your dog is small and nice, is it acceptable? If everyone went ONE WAY on the trail, I would never pass anyone.

Or search for an off leash park.

There is one. It isn't the same thing. That is just an open area. Mr. Potato gets bored unless I throw him a ball and then all the dogs run. And then he is a dick to them because that is who he is. A dick. Who I desperately love. And then people feel bad that their dog is chasing the ball you threw to your dog. Some dog parks don't allow balls for this very reason. And Mr. Potato changed at some point and has no interest in other dogs. He likes people or is up my ass when we are there (which is different).

Oliver is not poor. That little sucker is spoiled and is snoozing his heart out in the middle of my bed right now. He gets plenty of bed time during the day and plenty of sleep because, well, he's a cat and that's what they do.

Oh, I know he is spoiled. I meant bedtime with his Mommy. That is what it is all about for him, don't you know that?

I came home from work verrrry late last night and got to bed verrrry late because I couldn't wind down and my precious love, Oliver, was oblivious to my needs and somewhere between 5-6am starting in on me.

That's Mr. Potato. See dick statement above. I could be a crying mess and he brings me a ball to throw. I do love him a little less at those moments.

Next time, I'm bringing him to your house. Let's see if you like it.

Well, I wouldn't mind it, but Oillie would hate it here. Mr. Potato's goal in life is to make friends with a cat and none of them will have him. He just wants to play, the poor dear. He will NOT let them alone. If they run under a bed to get away from him, he will just stand there and wait. If an owner wants to save their cat from his harassment and shuts the door behind the cat, Mr. Potato will stand outside the closed door. For a LONG time. I dated a girl with a cat once. We had to either keep Mr. Potato behind a door (not kind to him), or the cat felt like she could never be upstairs or downstairs depending upon where we (and subsequently him), were. Terriers just won't let go of things. He really has issues.

Hrmph.

I have been trying to think of a response to this, but I really don't have one.
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2016, 05:29 PM   #579
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Pets

I found some wine corks in a kitchen drawer and threw them on the floor. The baby kitty (9) is having a blast batting them around. She is so cute.

The older kitty (12.5) is napping in my bed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2016, 06:52 PM   #580
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Well, I think the actual reason the man told me was to scold me. I do feel guilty about it. What is the opinion of the group here? If there is practically no one in the parking lot, so it is possible to not pass anyone the entire time on the trail, and your dog is small and nice, is it acceptable? If everyone went ONE WAY on the trail, I would never pass anyone.

The opinion about what? Whether you should take the risk or not or whether that should be the rule? Not sure what you want here. If it's a rule, there's a reason for that. Mr. Potato is a dick but he's not aggressive. Some animals are. It's a liability to have animals off leash.

If you are already doing it and doing it when there's very few or no people or animals around, continue to do so. If you get pinched by the ranger, then belly up and pay the ticket but also ask them if there's an area where you can take a high energy terrier that's interesting. If anyone knows, it would be a ranger.

Oh, I know he is spoiled. I meant bedtime with his Mommy. That is what it is all about for him, don't you know that?

Not really. He hangs out sometimes in the bed with me but splits his time with the couch and underneath the tree. I think I get more out of it than him.

Well, I wouldn't mind it, but Oillie would hate it here. Mr. Potato's goal in life is to make friends with a cat and none of them will have him. He just wants to play, the poor dear. He will NOT let them alone. If they run under a bed to get away from him, he will just stand there and wait. If an owner wants to save their cat from his harassment and shuts the door behind the cat, Mr. Potato will stand outside the closed door. For a LONG time. I dated a girl with a cat once. We had to either keep Mr. Potato behind a door (not kind to him), or the cat felt like she could never be upstairs or downstairs depending upon where we (and subsequently him), were. Terriers just won't let go of things. He really has issues.

I'm not sure how Oliver would take that. They said he was good with all animals but then again, they gave me a cat with cancer so what the Hell do they know.

I have been trying to think of a response to this, but I really don't have one.

Because you can't hrmph the hrmph.

I win.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
animals, pets