Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:54 AM   #121
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
I can't believe you just compared the Wolverine with Hugh Grant.
Eh, Hugh Grant, Hugh Jackman...same person...equally unmemorable

They're all the same and no one will remember either one of them 50 years from now...unless one of the goes crazy like Howard Hughes

I just don't care about celebrity bullshit, and I don't understand why this country cares more about gossip than actual news

Oh Wait, I'll Now Try To Fit In..."Gasp, Poor Sandy...I Just Wanna Send Her A Hug In A Basket",
Dylan

P.S. Thanks for adding the pictures tho...that really helps. I DID like the Wolverine movie. Can't name anything else he's been in tho. And I can't name one movie Hugh Grant was in.
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:56 AM   #122
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Deliver it in person, she has a house in your hood.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:01 AM   #123
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Oh trust me...we know. I think it's a rule in Austin that you have to know every celebrity who owns property here.

And she's now part owner of a downtown, yuppie bakery too <eyeroll>

Just to tarnish her "America's Sweetheart" reputation for a minute, she also refused to sign autographs for disadvantaged kids one day while downtown at the courthouse

That Doesn't Sound Very Sweet,
Dylan

P.S. Sometimes, I wanna just push Lance Armstrong off his bike
Old 03-31-2010, 11:05 AM   #124
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Celebrity opinions about politics, who they have sex with and whether or not they have an addiction of any kind is not my business nor is it interesting.

Politician opinions about politics, who they have sex with and whether or not they have an addiction of any kind is my business and I care about that a lot. There was a discussion on FB about do gay celebrities owe it to the community to come out? I don't think they do unless they want to. Politicians do have a responsibility to be out. If they are lying they should be outed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Eh, Hugh Grant, Hugh Jackman...same person...equally unmemorable

They're all the same and no one will remember either one of them 50 years from now...unless one of the goes crazy like Howard Hughes

I just don't care about celebrity bullshit, and I don't understand why this country cares more about gossip than actual news

Oh Wait, I'll Now Try To Fit In..."Gasp, Poor Sandy...I Just Wanna Send Her A Hug In A Basket",
Dylan

P.S. Thanks for adding the pictures tho...that really helps. I DID like the Wolverine movie. Can't name anything else he's been in tho. And I can't name one movie Hugh Grant was in.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:12 AM   #125
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I'm too lazy to go find the Tiger Woods thread again, but I certainly got a good chuckle over Tiger's announcement that he will be rejoining the PGA tour to play in the Masters. I should have set my egg timer on that one. That is what his public apology was about, lol.

Whether Sandra Bullock is nice or not nice, what does that have to do with whether or not she deserves to be cheated on or whether anyone should feel badly for her? What does it matter if someone is considered good looking or "plain?" No one deserves to be cheated on.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 11:21 AM   #126
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My feelings boil down to this....

If you represent that you are monogamous and enter into a marriage (or relationship) as such..... don't cheat!

If you cannot be monogamous, don't make these kinds of promises. Be honest and seek relationsips with people that align with your belief structures.

And I don't have a problem with poly relationships if this is what is agreed upon. I don't date poly individuals because it just doesn't fit for me, personally. However, it does for other people.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 11:30 AM   #127
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Jesse James IS a big old douche though. Can't argue that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 11:33 AM   #128
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,118 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
My feelings boil down to this....

If you represent that you are monogamous and enter into a marriage (or relationship) as such..... don't cheat!

If you cannot be monogamous, don't make these kinds of promises. Be honest and seek relationsips with people that align with your belief structures.

And I don't have a problem with poly relationships if this is what is agreed upon. I don't date poly individuals because it just doesn't fit for me, personally. However, it does for other people.
See here is the thing...

One can be in a monogamous relationship and things may change, illness or something that may cause one person to not fulfill the other.. I would think that if mah boo came to me said..

"sugar, our sex is just not cutting it for me, and well I was thinking we could open up our relationship to poly........" If I was not able to fulfill my cuddly bear I would want them to be happy yes? No sense in cheating, sometimes monogamy can't be fulfilled, *I* don't think monogamy is structured, for if it was.....

We would not have this thread....
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 11:34 AM   #129
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,118 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Jesse James IS a big old douche though. Can't argue that.
See

The boy told me he was a douche bag.....

What a dick.......
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 11:43 AM   #130
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
See here is the thing...

One can be in a monogamous relationship and things may change, illness or something that may cause one person to not fulfill the other.. I would think that if mah boo came to me said..

"sugar, our sex is just not cutting it for me, and well I was thinking we could open up our relationship to poly........" If I was not able to fulfill my cuddly bear I would want them to be happy yes? No sense in cheating, sometimes monogamy can't be fulfilled, *I* don't think monogamy is structured, for if it was.....

Snow said *cuddly bear*.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:51 AM   #131
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
See here is the thing...

Yup, this can happen..... and if a partner wants to open it up, OK. Have to say, this wouldn't be true for me. Its about mutual agreement and I wouldn't agree to this. We would be working on our sexual relationship and go into counseling to do this.

The other thing that I need to say is that there are many ways to deal with illness and disability and sex. They are not mutually exclusive and I find this line of thinking to be part of a pervasive able-bodied privilege that exists.

Also, many of us take seriously the in sickness & health part of vows that we take. And there are many ways to be sexually fulfilled.... I would hope that sexual incompatability would have been recognized and dealt with at the beginning of a relationship.

Then, again, sex is much more than a physical experience for me.

Last edited by AtLast; 03-31-2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: goofed
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 12:04 PM   #132
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,666 Times in 7,654 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

When I started this thread, I was just curious how people view fidelity and how people have reacted to infidelity in their own lives.

It has been interesting to see the twists and turns that have occured as people insert their own scripts into the flow. There has been a celebrity focus, a sexes focus, a physical attractiveness focus, a sex focus, a violence focus, a few things I havent yet grasped focus, and even some personal feelings and experience focus!

This has kind of reinforced for me, how one needs to choose ones words carefully to minimize misinterpretation. Even then, there is no guarantee that what you meant is what will be heard or focused on.

It is a fascinating process to watch. And gives insights into how misunderstanding occur.

Having said this, I still want to know why Dylan wants to push Lance Armstrong off his bike.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 12:20 PM   #133
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
When I started this thread, I was just curious how people view fidelity and how people have reacted to infidelity in their own lives.

It has been interesting to see the twists and turns that have occured as people insert their own scripts into the flow. There has been a celebrity focus, a sexes focus, a physical attractiveness focus, a sex focus, a violence focus, a few things I havent yet grasped focus, and even some personal feelings and experience focus!

This has kind of reinforced for me, how one needs to choose ones words carefully to minimize misinterpretation. Even then, there is no guarantee that what you meant is what will be heard or focused on.

It is a fascinating process to watch. And gives insights into how misunderstanding occur.

Having said this, I still want to know why Dylan wants to push Lance Armstrong off his bike.

You left out Wolverine and the hooker.

This thread has been interesting, and I knew EXACTLY what you meant, but then another person posted, and another and another and now here we are.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:42 PM   #134
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
I'm too lazy to go find the Tiger Woods thread again, but I certainly got a good chuckle over Tiger's announcement that he will be rejoining the PGA tour to play in the Masters. I should have set my egg timer on that one. That is what his public apology was about, lol.

Whether Sandra Bullock is nice or not nice, what does that have to do with whether or not she deserves to be cheated on or whether anyone should feel badly for her? What does it matter if someone is considered good looking or "plain?" No one deserves to be cheated on.
If Poor Ol' Sandy had cheated on Jesse, I highly highly doubt ANYONE would be defending Jesse and asking "OMG! How could Sandy do such a thing...she's not a REAL woman. Jesse's got sooooooo much going for him. He's hot, he's brilliant, he's a strong man blah blah blah. Sandy just needs to 'woman up', because blah blah blah"

No one would be sending Jesse a Huggie Basket

But I'd bet money on what WOULD happen.

Jesse would still be made out to be a dick who had treated Sandy badly, and DROVE her to cheat. Jesse would have driven ApplePieSandy into the arms of another man.

When a man cheats on a 'beautiful woman' (and looks are just about all a woman's whole character is based on in this country. If she's pretty, well then "she's got a million [nameless] things going for her and she's brilliant" everyone said the same thing about that Hurley chick when Hughy cheated...oh, and where's her career today?), ohhhhhh my god the whole world crashes down, and people have to ask, "How could he cheat on Sandy/Elizabeth Hurley/whothefuckever" Ahhhhhh, but when a woman cheats on her husband, we either don't hear about it at all, because it's not big news, OR (usually), the man drove her to cheat by being such a big dick. Or there were some (excusable) extenuating circumstances (Christie Brinkley, anyone?)

Double Standard,
Dylan
Old 03-31-2010, 12:45 PM   #135
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

It's those damned sheeple bracelets that make me wanna push Lance off his bike

Oh, and he dated that whiner, and all of Austin had to hear about the star couple 24/7

Can't Stand Him, And I Don't Care If He's Shooting Steroids,
Dylan
Old 03-31-2010, 12:45 PM   #136
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Dylan, I don't agree with you about the double standard. If anything women are held to a much higher standard, otherwise they are deemed to be a "slut" or worse. Oh and women do pay a very high price when they are thought to be cheating- often with their lives. See Martina's posts.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 12:45 PM   #137
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
If Poor Ol' Sandy had cheated on Jesse, I highly highly doubt ANYONE would be defending Jesse and asking "OMG! How could Sandy do such a thing...she's not a REAL woman. Jesse's got sooooooo much going for him. He's hot, he's brilliant, he's a strong man blah blah blah. Sandy just needs to 'woman up', because blah blah blah"

No one would be sending Jesse a Huggie Basket

But I'd bet money on what WOULD happen.

Jesse would still be made out to be a dick who had treated Sandy badly, and DROVE her to cheat. Jesse would have driven ApplePieSandy into the arms of another man.

When a man cheats on a 'beautiful woman' (and looks are just about all a woman's whole character is based on in this country. If she's pretty, well then "she's got a million [nameless] things going for her and she's brilliant" everyone said the same thing about that Hurley chick when Hughy cheated...oh, and where's her career today?), ohhhhhh my god the whole world crashes down, and people have to ask, "How could he cheat on Sandy/Elizabeth Hurley/whothefuckever" Ahhhhhh, but when a woman cheats on her husband, we either don't hear about it at all, because it's not big news, OR (usually), the man drove her to cheat by being such a big dick. Or there were some (excusable) extenuating circumstances (Christie Brinkley, anyone?)

Double Standard,
Dylan
Everyone thought Leanne Rhymes was a double douche for cheating on her hubby with a married man. Nobody sent her a huggy basket.

Cheating is shitty. Regardless of gender, and I think normally men get more of a pass on it than women do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 12:46 PM   #138
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I do agree there is a huge double standard in perception, but people need to know that women cheat just as much.

Maybe women are sneakier?
Old 03-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #139
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
It's those damned sheeple bracelets that make me wanna push Lance off his bike

Oh, and he dated that whiner, and all of Austin had to hear about the star couple 24/7

Can't Stand Him, And I Don't Care If He's Shooting Steroids,
Dylan

Yeah. Supporting Cancer Patients/Research is super fucking annoying. Live Strong, but live Quietly I always say.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 12:51 PM   #140
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Everyone thought Leanne Rhymes was a double douche for cheating on her hubby with a married man. Nobody sent her a huggy basket.

Cheating is shitty. Regardless of gender, and I think normally men get more of a pass on it than women do.
I didn't even hear about this.

But I couldn't turn on the radio or television without hearing about Sandy and Tiger or Hughy

Were there text messages? Were there 'reports' of *hundreds* of men she'd cheated with? Were people suggesting she step out of her career and give up singing? Were people commenting when she put out another record (like, "Pfffft, of course she wouldn't give up her entire career for being a philanderer...told ya' so"...like they are with Tiger?)

Were her emails being posted all over the news and selling for big bucks?

Dylan

Tags
cheating, monogamy, relationships