Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 02-16-2014, 08:59 PM   #161
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Here is the recipe I used for the pizza crust-- super easy and not a lot of ingredients. We used whole milk mozzarella and shredded it in the processor. When spreading out, make sure your hands are wet and you'll want to make it thin. NOT too thin, but thin.

Enjoy!!

HERE ya go.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2014, 12:27 AM   #162
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,797 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Here is the recipe for the shredded raw sweet potato salad.

Raw Sweet Potato Salad with Curry Almond Sauce

Prep time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 3 main or 6 side dishes
Ingredients:
  • 2 sweet potatoes
  • 1 cup dried currents ( I used cranberries)
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
Curry Almond Sauce
  • ½ cup almond butter
  • ½ cup melted coconut oil
  • 6 tsp curry powder
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp tamari
Directions:
  1. Make the Curry Almond Sauce by whisking or blending all of the ingredients together.
  2. Next peel the sweet potatoes and either spiralize them, grate them or use a peeler to make the raw sweet potato noodles.
  3. Place the sweet potato noodles in a bowl with the currents and walnuts and massage the sauce into the raw sweet potato salad.
Note: I had sauce leftover.

ahk- Thanks for posting the pizza crust recipe, it looks good.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2014, 03:52 PM   #163
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I have a question--

Is anyone have weird reactions to night shades (eggplant, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, paprika, etc)? If so, all or just some? Curious.

Not sure this is really a question for HP/LC but it does re: Paleo/Primal ways of eating-- so anyone?
The Following User Says Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #164
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I have been getting the Adkins frozen dinners,I am surprised at how good they are,it makes it easyer to watch the carbs.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #165
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I just saw this. Not sure how I missed it. At any rate, the night shades are well known for causing inflammation, (I almost typed inflation! Lol) as well as other not so pleasant side effects due to their toxicity levels. GI tract disturbances, arthritis, insomnia etc.

I have cut way back on how much of them I eat, and I make certain to only eat from one in that family at a time, no mixing. I hate that too because I love eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers.

Here is an article you may find interesting that talks about the nightshades and suggests a 3 month challenge to see if they are a problem for you.

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/lin...d-inflammation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
I have a question--

Is anyone have weird reactions to night shades (eggplant, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, paprika, etc)? If so, all or just some? Curious.

Not sure this is really a question for HP/LC but it does re: Paleo/Primal ways of eating-- so anyone?
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #166
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Yummy Sweet Potato Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Old 08-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #167
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,217 Times in 8,649 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Cucumber-Fene

Cucumber-Fennel Salad with Herbed Goat Yogurt

I made this yesterday and it was good. I substituted goat yogurt with plain Kefir and added crumbled goat cheese. Very good if you like fennel.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #168
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

We're going to be starting the Whole30 in September.
Has anyone attempted or thought about doing something like it?

Don't know what it is? Take a look here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2014, 05:36 AM   #169
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Zucchini Noodles and Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Basil Dressing

http://whatsgabycooking.com/zucchini...rilled-shrimp/

Sounds good but haven't tried it.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #170
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Hi Orema! Thanks for posting this recipe. I haven't had this exact thing, but have had something very close and it was delicious.

P.S. The link didn't work for some reason. Maybe this one will. http://whatsgabycooking.com/zucchini.../#.U-Ak5qOorjA
Old 08-04-2014, 06:42 PM   #171
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Hi Orema! Thanks for posting this recipe. I haven't had this exact thing, but have had something very close and it was delicious.

P.S. The link didn't work for some reason. Maybe this one will. http://whatsgabycooking.com/zucchini.../#.U-Ak5qOorjA
Thanks for posting a good link, Jesse! Not sure why it went bad.

I usually have my zoodles cold, but am anxious to try this recipe. I think I'll give it a try this weekend.

Thanks again, Jesse.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:03 PM   #172
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

This salad is great as is, with chicken or turkey instead of the bacon, or without any meat and really quick and easy to make if you have a food processor.

http://pinchofyum.com/bacon-and-brussel-sprout-salad

Orema - You're welcome. I usually have my zoodles raw, but will do a quick blanching on occasion. I think this recipe would be good chilled. Let me know if you decide to try it that way.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #173
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Quote:

Hey ahk, how's it going? I have no experience with the Whole 30 other than reading about it. It would be great if you post here and let us know what your experience is once you start it. I hope it works out great for you and yours.

As for me, I am still eating high protein/ low carbs, but leaning away from Paleo and more towards a Mediterranean way of eating. I've upped the higher protein veggies, especially raw, and eat less meat than I was eating. Also, getting back into making and drinking green drinks. Love them!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #174
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Hey ahk, how's it going? I have no experience with the Whole 30 other than reading about it. It would be great if you post here and let us know what your experience is once you start it. I hope it works out great for you and yours.

As for me, I am still eating high protein/ low carbs, but leaning away from Paleo and more towards a Mediterranean way of eating. I've upped the higher protein veggies, especially raw, and eat less meat than I was eating. Also, getting back into making and drinking green drinks. Love them!
Hey Jesse--

Things are going good-- but feel we've fallen off the path of good eats. I mean we eat good, but need to be more on path. We were either going to attempt the 21dsd (21 day sugar detox) or whole 30. My lady, thinks the whole 30 will work better for us, even though I feel both are practically the same just one is 1 week longer.

All this talk about veggie noodles-- I love my spiralizer. Weekly, I make 2 yams, 1 onion, 2 large zucchinis --- place in oven with coconut oil, onion/garlic powder, and fresh thyme. I normally just eat them in the morning with a few fried eggs and meat. I also love zucchini noodles with fresh marinara or sauteed with garlic/onion.

So whats the "Mediterranean way of eating" ? and why the change?

PS. Of course, I'll let you know how things go with the Whole30. I am wanting to keep a journal of the changes and recipes we use.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2014, 04:41 PM   #175
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Hey Jesse--

Things are going good-- but feel we've fallen off the path of good eats. I mean we eat good, but need to be more on path. We were either going to attempt the 21dsd (21 day sugar detox) or whole 30. My lady, thinks the whole 30 will work better for us, even though I feel both are practically the same just one is 1 week longer.

All this talk about veggie noodles-- I love my spiralizer. Weekly, I make 2 yams, 1 onion, 2 large zucchinis --- place in oven with coconut oil, onion/garlic powder, and fresh thyme. I normally just eat them in the morning with a few fried eggs and meat. I also love zucchini noodles with fresh marinara or sauteed with garlic/onion.

So whats the "Mediterranean way of eating" ? and why the change?

PS. Of course, I'll let you know how things go with the Whole30. I am wanting to keep a journal of the changes and recipes we use.
Sounds good, ahk. I'll be cheering for ya'll.
The reason for the change is that I haven't been handling my food choices properly. Being single and living alone, is more difficult for me as far as planning meals and cooking like I used to do when there were more mouths to feed. The reason for the Mediterranean way of eating is that I find it to be a very clean, well rounded diet; it has lots of fresh veggies, lean meat or fish, fresh fruits etc. So basically a lot of "live" foods. I have loads more energy, it's easy enough to throw a stir fry together, or grill a piece of chicken/fish and toss a salad. I am mixing it up between healthy high carb days and low carb days to boost my metabolism and it is working. I am losing lbs and inches and have a lot more energy. It just feels like a natural way to eat, at least for me it does. So, not a huge change really, just a bit cleaner as a way of taking better care of me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2014, 06:16 PM   #176
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Sardines

Here's a recipe I like for lunch or dinner.

A can of boneless, skinless sardines in olive oil
1 or 2 boiled eggs crumbled on top
Chopped green onions
Seasoned with chili flakes, salt, pepper
Old 08-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #177
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Quick and easy zucchini noodles

You probably tried this or a variation of it:

Zucchini Noodles
Pesto Sauce (I buy it in the jar)
Crumbled Feta Cheese (the feta works with the pesto)
Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half)

Mix together and enjoy.

I really like this. It's quick, easy, and I usually have it cold. Sometimes I make it at work for lunch or I'll have it for dinner.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:24 PM   #178
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:

Ahk, thanks for the info on the Whole30 experience. My book arrived today and I'm planning on doing it for the month of Sept. I have a friend at work who wanted to do Whole30 with me but can't because she'll be out of the country for part of September.

Anyway, thanks again and good luck if you and your mate do the Whole30 in September.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2014, 11:00 AM   #179
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Ahk, thanks for the info on the Whole30 experience. My book arrived today and I'm planning on doing it for the month of Sept. I have a friend at work who wanted to do Whole30 with me but can't because she'll be out of the country for part of September.

Anyway, thanks again and good luck if you and your mate do the Whole30 in September.
We've changed the date to October. Only because September is my bday month and I want a smallish cake. Lol.

I've been reading the book to- how you like it?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2014, 05:26 PM   #180
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
We've changed the date to October. Only because September is my bday month and I want a smallish cake. Lol.

I've been reading the book to- how you like it?
Sounds good. Hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration with a not-so-smallish cake

I haven't started reading the book. Will crack it open this weekend. And I have signed up on the web site. I've been low carbing it off and on for awhile and would like to try this. My blood type is O so this way of eating should suit me well. We'll see.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo