Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

View Poll Results: Did the Pakistan government (or military) know Osama bin Laden was there?
Yes, I believe Pakistani officials of some kind knew (please explain): 57 78.08%
No, I don't believe Pakistani officials knew (please explain); 2 2.74%
I am not sure (please explain): 3 4.11%
I believe private Pakistani citizens knew and helped him set up his "safe house." 11 15.07%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2011, 02:28 AM   #1
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Did the Pakistan government know Osama bin Laden was there?

A poll and place to discuss the role, if any of Pakistan's government or military having knowledge that bin Laden was living under their noses.

For a discussion of what this might mean for the future US relationship between the US and Pakistan if it turns out that Pakistan was harboring him.

What should, if anything the US do about the billions of dollars per year we give Pakistan?

Is this relationship helpful in building better relations with Islam at all and this part of the world? Or, is the US using Pakistan in some ways? Or, are we engaged with Pakistan because it has nuclear weapons and a negative relationship with India?

And any other points people want to bring up! It is a complex situation and grows even more complex with the US killing of bin Laden in Pakistan in a manner that some believe to be wrong- entering a sovereign nation to kill someone without permission to do so.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 04:52 AM   #2
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I can't think about all of this today but I have no doubt Pakistan knew he was there.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 05:39 AM   #3
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Why would they (the Pakistani gov't) announce on TV that they knew where Osama lived if they were working with the US to get him? I'm puzzled by that whole concept..

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 06:09 AM   #4
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Tournaments Won: 7

Dutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Why would they (the Pakistani gov't) announce on TV that they knew where Osama lived if they were working with the US to get him? I'm puzzled by that whole concept..
If it wasn't out and out sympathy to his cause, then I think it was making a deal with the devil, if they let him alone, they wouldn't be targets of attacks. Once we did the dirty work, they can feign ignorance and outrage.
Dutch Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dutch Leonard For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 06:37 AM   #5
rockybcn

How Do You Identify?:
a well blended yin yang butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'll take "sweetheart" for 500 Alex!
Relationship Status:
to be...or not to be...that is the question!

rockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputation

I believe they knew....but as all govts. its easier to turn a blind eye or deaf ear and play dumb when necessary. When your country is in economic crisis and you are being funded vast amounts of money from another country....well? They are a very close knit community and word spreads fast. They have found some of the biggest cells of terrorists reside here in Spain from Pakistan.
In Spain the Pakis are moving here in droves, they have the great opportunity to open small grocery stores and fruit markets and dont have to pay any taxes for 7 years....after that time,they sell it to another Paki and paying taxes becomes non existant.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #6
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Dear Ol Butch Bones
Preferred Pronoun?:
Old Thing
Relationship Status:
Too old to play.

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

We just pissed the Pakis off today by killing 15 so far with drones on their border of Afganistan. They already warned US : No More Strikes INSIDE Pak. It should be interesting how this is played out. I'm also thinking are we acting quickly on info we received from the raid?

I also read this morning dated May 3, interesting article by Alex Jones at http://www.infowars.com/forget-pakis...ion-all-along/
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #7
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Leonard View Post
If it wasn't out and out sympathy to his cause, then I think it was making a deal with the devil, if they let him alone, they wouldn't be targets of attacks. Once we did the dirty work, they can feign ignorance and outrage.
Actually, I was thinking that the US asked the Pakistani gov't not to talk about it and to feign ignorance. In previous actions it was blasted all over the news and that took the edge off the action. So it actually makes a lot of sense not to blab decisions as much on the air.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote