Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 10-05-2020, 09:44 PM   #1
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,589 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default What really burns me up is......

When people, who down played Covid-19, like Trump and Christie go to the hospital and no doubt are rushed right in and given preferential treatment!

What I wouldn't give to hear, just once, is that they we're told to take a seat and they'd be with them as soon as possible.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 12:17 AM   #2
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
When people, who down played Covid-19, like Trump and Christie go to the hospital and no doubt are rushed right in and given preferential treatment!

What I wouldn't give to hear, just once, is that they we're told to take a seat and they'd be with them as soon as possible.

Then, this afternoon he cruised out to the veranda, took off his mask, and stood there like a king surveying his domain. He reminded me of a beta or lesser wolf acting like he was in control when the Alpha wasn't looking. A mere follower, a bit like an Emperor in New Clothes. 45's smug expression while looking out in arrogance. Who knows, he may have been looking across the street to where Dr. Fauci's offices are. Ha!

He made me feel, as an American, like a bug on the World Stage when the US was so respected before.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:43 AM   #3
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Another victim of COVID

I'm saddened by this.

A 93-year-old pen maker in Coventry, RI is going out of business.

Garland Writing Instruments makes promotional pens and branded gifts, but owner Rick Becker said the company's orders dried up in the pandemic when trade shows and conventions were canceled.

"It was going along really well. We were growing. The business was growing. And the name recognition had really come back to life. But the pandemic hit, and it just sort of came to a screeching halt," Becker told NBC 10's Gene Valicenti on his WPRO radio show.

Becker said he's also had trouble sourcing components used to make face shields, which Garland added to its product line to compensate for the loss in pen sales.

The Garland name and the company's assets are for sale. The company has about 12 employees.

Garland made the pens that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi used to sign the articles of impeachment against President Trump.

The company was founded in 1927. Becker said it was the last company making mid-range pens in America.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #4
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,694 Times in 7,718 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Then, this afternoon he cruised out to the veranda, took off his mask, and stood there like a king surveying his domain. He reminded me of a beta or lesser wolf acting like he was in control when the Alpha wasn't looking. A mere follower, a bit like an Emperor in New Clothes. 45's smug expression while looking out in arrogance. Who knows, he may have been looking across the street to where Dr. Fauci's offices are. Ha!

He made me feel, as an American, like a bug on the World Stage when the US was so respected before.
AND....today he IS working in his office MASKLESS! Is he NOT supposed to be isolating? hell....ooooooo

AND his delusions of grandeur continue....with his saying "under the Trump administration all sorts of new CV19 drugs are being made. WTH??

I heard two new terms....actually the last one I knew, being a Nurse for so many years AND caring for some VIP's in my state of SC...
1. "political theater"....going out in a limo to wave hi to his supporters AGAINST MEDICAAL ADVICE (AMA)

2. "VIP Syndrome"...HE dictated every step of his care, planned his discharge to coincide with prime time news time....

I am so damn sick & tired of this azzhat & his craving for fame & glory...and his brainwashed followers can NOT see thru his BS.

I am beyond ready for this election to be done with!

Cathexis I LOVE your post!! High 5's!
Old 10-07-2020, 10:38 AM   #5
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2020, 11:52 AM   #6
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,258 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I love it. I've been humming it all day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2020, 09:21 AM   #7
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Trump claims he won't participate in virtual debate...

The Commission on Presidential Debates announced on Thursday that next week’s presidential debate will be held virtually, with the candidates participating from remote locations as President Trump continues to be treated for the coronavirus.

But in a phone interview with Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo moments after the format change was announced, Trump said he would not take part.

“I’m not going to do a virtual debate,” he said. “I’m not going to waste my time doing a virtual debate. That’s not what debating is all about. You sit behind a computer and do a debate, it’s ridiculous, and then they cut you off whenever they want.”

On Wednesday, the commission said the Oct. 15 town hall between Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden would be held remotely in order to “protect the health and safety of all involved” amid the ongoing pandemic and Trump’s positive COVID-19 diagnosis. The commission said the audience participants and the moderator, C-SPAN’s Steve Scully, would be based in Miami, with Trump and Biden in “separate remote locations.”

Trump’s comments aren’t binding, and he sometimes makes bold public statements while in negotiations, only to compromise afterward.

Speaking to reporters before departing Delaware for campaign stops in Arizona, Biden remained skeptical about whether Trump would actually skip the debate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2020, 09:47 AM   #8
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Trump said he would not take part.

“I’m not going to do a virtual debate,” he said. “I’m not going to waste my time doing a virtual debate. That’s not what debating is all about. You sit behind a computer and do a debate, it’s ridiculous, and then they cut you off whenever they want.”
Actually you fucking idiot that is exactly what debating is all about. You have a certain amount of time to make your point and then you have to stop. I can see where that would be an unpleasant idea to you since you have never actually debated before.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: