Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #1581
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

Methinks Lionpaw has usurped Ami for fastest project doer(s) now.

Arrrrrrrrre you reeeeeeaaadddy to ruuuuummmmmmmmmmmbbbble???

Yes.. I am rumbling with mine.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #1582
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hey All,

I hope this doesn't sound condescending or anything but I just wanted to tell each of you who participates in this thread how much I appreciate the spirit of community here.

I love reading the collective artistry and seeing you all share with one another and appreciate very much the friendliness and community spirit that I see happening here.

Much love to the Penpal, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists, and Creatives thread!

xo
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #1583
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

~Love the idea of having different chapters in the book and we all contribute something to those chapters.

~Love the idea of the base being the same size and we go no larger than that size. (Did Pix say a regular sheet of paper size? Like that!)

~I think ONE person collecting all our art ~ rather than sending the book around ~ is BEST. I seem to remember a couple of those pass-around books from the dash site getting 'lost'......um.....No. And did I read that Pixie is volunteering to take on this task!? WOW! <~~for you, darling

~So.....how will the chapters be chosen? What about this........... 6 chapters:
Chapter I ~ P
Chapter II ~ L
Chapter III ~ A
Chapter IV ~ N
Chapter V ~ E
Chapter VI ~ T

And that gives us pretty free rein, huh? You likey? (Though I'm on with Pure's idea of using some of the sketchbook themes, too. Even though I might be a little "Happy Thought-ed" OUT! <giggle> )

And maybe, for the cover, the swirly round logo dead center? Just a thought....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

Theme: Welcome to Our Neighborhood
By
Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types on ButchFemmePlanet.com

A coffee table book. (8.5 X 11 bound)
Submission Deadline: August 1, 2011 .
From 1 to a maximum of 4 pages
(Gives pixie time to photograph, compile, organize, and post pics in Raffle Thread)

No Theme: Any media, craft style, art, that fits on something that can be bound and contained within an 8.5" X 11" cover. Artist's license =Geopgraphic, artistic or personal, private, or professional work from our worlds, all genre in one book. Flat or 3-D

We are geographically so diverse and exciting, could be auto-bio, fact or fiction, writing, drawing, painting, crafting, photography of us, who, what, where, when.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
Please see my replies below in orchid.
Quote:
I think that we should choose the chapters in a democratic fashion and then all of us participating should do a page or so for each chapter. If we start soon, then we can do it over time, so it won't be so daunting a task.

We have 8 months if everyone wants to do a Reunion book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by purepisces View Post
I like the idea of doing a “book” where we all contribute a few pages. We could have one theme for the whole book or we could have chapters and have everyone contribute a page for each chapter.

If we wanted to gear it specifically for the reunion we could have chapters on: coming out, identity, acceptance, community, sexuality, family, etc.

Or we could do it more like the sketchbook project where you pick from a theme like:

I’m sorry I forgot you
Below the surface
A day in the life
Happy thoughts
Secret codes
Lines and grids
A record year for rainfall … etc.

I think it should be more than a monthly project. Maybe it’s something we can work on in the background of our regular projects. We’ll need to make sure we set a deadline that would give Pixie plenty of time to put the book together for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
So are we just going to do the bash project or are we going to do a monthly one also?

I think we should have more time to do this, but not so long as to put it off and still be running late LOL

Do we want to start it now or do we want to do it as say a june, july, aug project?

What size do we want it to be? square rectangluar , big, med or small?

Do we each want to do a page or do we want to do the book thing and each do a "chapter" (2 or more pages)

Some of you did the sketch book projects what can you tell us about them?
Hiya everyone I was just wondering if we had decided how we wanted to do the reunion book..... I quoted some of the said ideas.....to help us choose

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #1584
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Kids........

This is the 10th. And I have only received 11 packages.....Here is the list....

1. Diva (received)
2. Tommi (received)
3. Gemme (recieved)
4. katsarecool (Not received)
5. Cara (received)
6. ami!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (received)
7. Jennifer (received)
8. diamondrose (received)
9. lionpaw (Yolanda and Lisa) (recieved)
10. purepisces (received)
11. pixie (received)
12. LeftWriteFemme (received)
13. Ebon (received)

Sorta defeats the purpose to have them in by the 4th in order to have them to You by Valentine's Day....I'm mailing them Friday. No matter what. Just giving You a heads up, my lovelies!

I received Cara's late last night or early this morning! Thanks!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #1585
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I received Cara's late last night or early this morning! Thanks!

Phew!!!!

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #1586
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Methinks Lionpaw has usurped Ami for fastest project doer(s) now.

Arrrrrrrrre you reeeeeeaaadddy to ruuuuummmmmmmmmmmbbbble???

Ha! they are 2 and I am 1 and they have more time than me LOL

but they can have 1st place cause they are nice!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #1587
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ha! they are 2 and I am 1 and they have more time than me LOL

but they can have 1st place cause they are nice!
I thought it was because you're busy knitting scarves for the Steelers team.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #1588
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I thought it was because you're busy knitting scarves for the Steelers team.

Not a steelers fan
and have been knitting LOL

Old 02-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #1589
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
Hiya everyone I was just wondering if we had decided how we wanted to do the reunion book..... I quoted some of the said ideas.....to help us choose
I still like my idea of everyone doing a page for every topic/chapter, but if the majority goes another way, I won't cry....for long.

Tommi and Diva laid out the P L A N E T way of doing the chapters pretty well. I think that would give us a lot of leeway in terms of what each letter or topic means to us as individuals.

I also liked pure's idea of having chapters that had topics similar to that of the sketchbook project. I didn't participate in the project because I didn't want to spend the money to purchase the book, pour my heart and soul into it and then send it out into the world. I'm more possessive of my work than that would allow.

So, whether we break the chapters up into letters, numbers, hieroglyphics, or sketchbook-like topics, I'm in.

I think maybe we should consider some serious topics too, like gender and identity and silencing and acceptance. Since it's for a project for our community, I think there should be a visible tie from the book to the community.

I agree that the size should be uniform and something that's easy to do (not trapezoidal), so the 8.5x11 works for me. We should also remember to leave about an inch free from clutter and most decorative items, as it will be the section where it's bound. Now, I'm okay with it being on the left or top but I think I'll get too confused if it's on the right or bottom.

My .02.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #1590
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Not a steelers fan
and have been knitting LOL
I'm going to look at that as being half right versus half wrong.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #1591
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I'm going to look at that as being half right versus half wrong.

well that would be about half right!

Old 02-11-2011, 12:01 AM   #1592
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I still like my idea of everyone doing a page for every topic/chapter, but if the majority goes another way, I won't cry....for long.

Tommi and Diva laid out the P L A N E T way of doing the chapters pretty well. I think that would give us a lot of leeway in terms of what each letter or topic means to us as individuals.

I also liked pure's idea of having chapters that had topics similar to that of the sketchbook project. I didn't participate in the project because I didn't want to spend the money to purchase the book, pour my heart and soul into it and then send it out into the world. I'm more possessive of my work than that would allow.

So, whether we break the chapters up into letters, numbers, hieroglyphics, or sketchbook-like topics, I'm in.

I think maybe we should consider some serious topics too, like gender and identity and silencing and acceptance. Since it's for a project for our community, I think there should be a visible tie from the book to the community.

I agree that the size should be uniform and something that's easy to do (not trapezoidal), so the 8.5x11 works for me. We should also remember to leave about an inch free from clutter and most decorative items, as it will be the section where it's bound. Now, I'm okay with it being on the left or top but I think I'll get too confused if it's on the right or bottom.

My .02.
THANK YOU Gemme!!!!!!

this sounds good

1. so what we need to know is "Do you want to do a page in each chapter?"

If 10 of us sign up and each do a page in a 6 chapter book
that would be 60 pages plus front and back covers, and possibly a chapter " " page for each chapter for about 68 pages. This is a lot of pages. Plus bulk from the art work.

Pixie can you bind all that together?

2. Do we want to do the PLANET Idea?
Do we want to chose for our selves what each letter is for or do we want to decide together what each letter stands for?

3. Gemme is right there has to be an edge to bind or it has to be smaller than the page in order to mount on a correct size page

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 05:20 AM   #1593
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,717 Times in 5,082 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I think that's too many pages because of the bulk of the art work. It's also a lot of work (still recovering from the sketch book project). What if we wait to see how many of us sign up and then based on that number figure out how many pages the book should have (maybe 30?), and then maybe each of us could do a page for a few chapters instead of all 6. Then we could have time to focus on quality vs. quantity and not be as overwhelmed. Just a thought from Princess Laziness

Quote:

If 10 of us sign up and each do a page in a 6 chapter book
that would be 60 pages plus front and back covers, and possibly a chapter " " page for each chapter for about 68 pages. This is a lot of pages. Plus bulk from the art work.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #1594
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default 8 months and counting.

Jumping off place.

The Planet: A Book Created by Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types

Chapters
1~P
2~L
3~A
4~N
5~E
6~T

Deadline to Pixie: August 1, 2011

SIGNUP Below:
1. Tommi
Submit as many or as few as the artist in you deems possible. Some chapters may have more or less. Art books especially, can be stochastic. Like Diva said, choose the letter for you. P=perhaps, postcards, persuasion, passion, people, purple, etc ...L=Life, Love, lovely postcards, lakes, lost and found, lemons = lemonade, and on and on. A=Anatomy, animals, etc.

1 page of your choice to coincide with the letters of PLANET (I know some may not feel up to doing 6 pages) Or up to a maximum of 3 pages each to the letter of your choice. Gender topics, astronomy, children, pterodactyls, painted, glitter glazed stickered scapbook swatches of any and all topics, just assign it a letter. Maybe just a beautiful poem or story, or photograph

Covered and Bound by pixie and presented to a lucky winner in Little Rock.

Last edited by Tommi; 02-11-2011 at 09:36 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #1595
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Jumping off place.

The Planet: A Book Created by Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types

Chapters
1~P
2~L
3~A
4~N
5~E
6~T

SIGNUP Below:
1. Tommi
2. Jennifer

Submit as many or as few as the artist in you deems possible. Some chapters can have more or less. Art books especially, can be stochastic. Like Diva said, choose the letter for you. P=perhaps, postcards, persuasion, passion, people, purple, etc ...L=Life, Love, lakes, lost and found, lemons = lemonade, and on and on. A=Anatomy, animals, etc.

1 page of your choice to coincide with the letters of PLANET (I know some may not feel up to doing 6 pages) Or up to a maximum of 3 pages each to the letter of your choice. Gender topics, astronomy, children, pterodactyls, painted, glitter glazed stickered scapbook swatches of any and all topics, just assign it a letter. Maybe just a beautiful poem or story, or photograph

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #1596
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
Jumping off place.

Chapters
1~P
2~L
3~A
4~N
5~E
6~T

SIGNUP Below:
1. Tommi
2. Jennifer
3. Diva

Submit as many or as few as the artist in you deems possible. Some chapters can have more or less. Art books especially, can be stochastic. Like Diva said, choose the letter for you. P=perhaps, postcards, persuasion, passion, people, purple, etc ...L=Life, Love, lakes, lost and found, lemons = lemonade, and on and on. A=Anatomy, animals, etc.

Yea! This is gonna be a blast!!!

Oh hey.....what if we just wanna do all 6? Is that ok?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #1597
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Unrelated.....

I just posted 3 pictures: Angel (a 16x20 piece), a close-up of the Angel quote and Battlefield (an 8x8 mirror)

The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #1598
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Tommi, I just want to make sure I am understanding. So, if I wanted to just do one page (as opposed to the option of doing multiple pages), then I could pick only one of the letters and do only one page and that would be my contribution to the book? Please post and cofirm YES or NO. Thanks, Jennifer

Quote:
Jumping off place.

Chapters
1~P
2~L
3~A
4~N
5~E
6~T

SIGNUP Below:
1. Tommi
2. Jennifer

Old 02-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #1599
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default 8 months and counting.

Jumping off place.

Chapters
1~P
2~L
3~A
4~N
5~E
6~T

Like Diva said, choose the letter for you. P=perhaps, postcards, persuasion, passion, people, purple, etc ...L=Life, Love, lakes, lost and found, lemons = lemonade, and on and on. A=Anatomy, animals, etc.

[COLOR="Black"]1 page of your choice[/COLOR] to coincide with the letters of PLANET (I know some may not feel up to doing 6 pages) Or up to a maximum of 3 pages each to the letter of your choice. Gender topics, astronomy, children, pterodactyls, painted, glitter glazed stickered scapbook swatches of any and all topics, just assign it a letter. Maybe just a beautiful poem or story, or photograph

The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #1600
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Tommi, I just want to make sure I am understanding. So, if I wanted to just do one page (as opposed to the option of doing multiple pages), then I could pick only one of the letters and do only one page and that would be my contribution to the book? Please post and cofirm YES or NO. Thanks, Jennifer
In my humble opinion , YES.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types