Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation
Default Autumn and Winter Holiday Photos, Songs, Poems, Comments, and Snark

Autumn and Winter Holiday Photos, Songs, Poems, Comments, and Snark

I am a sucker for the photo threads. I'd like to see one with images for the upcoming holidays. Shall we concentrate on harvest themes till the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday is over? Doesn't matter. Anyway, snark and cultural criticism are welcome. As are sentiment and sparklies and genuine expressions of gratitude and joy.

(0h and this is not meant to encroach on the annual Tom Turkey thread.)

This happened once when I was in grad school and our friends got together.

I spent the summer in Sonoma and am going up the weekend before Thanksgiving. I hope it looks like this.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I shared this pic on facebook but it is worthy of this thread i think...

I took this from my car when i was visiting patients a few weeks ago up on Rockwood Mountain. The beauty i have seen this season makes my heart so happy.

I just stopped my car and soaked it all in for a moment.

Love this time of year!!!!

Love this thread!!!!

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am too technologically challenged to know how to post pictures. I can add a story.

One Thanksgiving my Gramps was there. He was in a nursing home at the time. He sat at the head of the table with a glass of beer and he was pretty happy. He was not supposed to eat solid food and so had his plate of the mushy stuff. After dinner was over and everyone was lounging around in the living room Gramps shuffled his wheelchair over to the turkey platter and grabbed a huge turkey leg and chowed down. By the time someone saw him he had eaten down to the bone and did not choke. He was really happy. I hope someday when I am old I will be able to wheel myself up to the table and eat a turkey leg! I miss my Gramps and the holidays always makes me think of the delicious red cabbage he used to make.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Lovely photo. Tennessee in the Fall. Perfect.

Great story, Julie. Made me smile.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 01:24 AM   #5
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I’m definitely not yours.

Thanked 32,116 Times in 9,996 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

When my sons were very young (before they were even teenagers), I used to take them to Laurelhurst Park and we'd feed the ducks, watch the swans, then retreat to the playground and I'd sit in a swing and watch them climb like monkeys on metal structures and run with glee saying, "Mommy, Mommy, watch me!!!!"

And, I did... My boys were a source of delight and joy as children and quite playful too.

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

We had these when I was a kid. I think you could get them with green stamps.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #7
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

vegetarian Thanksgiving meal. Looks yummy.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I’m definitely not yours.

Thanked 32,116 Times in 9,996 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Martina? I forgot to share with you (and others here) that I just smiled and smiled to see that picture of the puppy eyeing that ham! *LOL* Bless that puppies, heart! Too cute!

Also, that pizza looks mighty yummy! mMmMmMMmm!

Julie? I remember green stamp booklets and earning stamps via purchases to get items such as the dish set (in the photo you provided)! That reminds me of way back in the era of the 60s & 70s.... my mom's mother (my grandmother) used to get green stamps at her neighborhood pharmacy. She would buy Kodak film for grandpa, who loved taking pictures of family on family vacations or whenever... and she also got greenstamps when she purchased her prescriptions too. I believe they were "S&H green stamps". I even think she got them at the grocery store too and a person earned a particular amount of stamps, based upon the total purchase of items you would buy. For example, back then, if grandmother spent about $150.00, she would be given not only a reciept for her purchase but also a long strand of stamps to go inside in her booklet that she could fill out and then trade in for any item listed in their catalogue of items for trade/exchange. I don't know if this model of exchange/trade is still practiced, specifically; but I am thinking that present day marketing campaigns may use a model that is similar in that some stores may give redeemable coupons toward the purchase of a competitors product or some such thing, possibly. But I do remember the trading stamps...

Actually, it kind of reminds me of Carnival Glass - which I love to come across when I happen to be browsing a store that sells antique items of interest. In my family, sometimes on holidays specifically, my mom and dad would break out special glassware items which were handed down to them by friends and family who won artifacts of Carnival Glass at carnivals... usually at a State Fair or even found at a World's Fair - which our family happened to travel to Seattle to the World's Fair that was hosted there and the Space Needle was the anchoring exhibit of that World's Fair. My father had a brother who lived in the Seattle area and we visited them back then and I remember seeing the Space Needle and the women dressed in their 'Space Needle' attire. I was only three years old or so back then, I believe. But I remember aspects of that visit so very clearly to this day.

Anyway, mom and dad had a set of bowls (see picture below) that we used for serving cranberry sauce and other bowls held butter mints and other items used in holiday suppers.

Our family even had a punch bowl, like the one below, that we used for serving punch ... much later after supper was over and toward the end of the holiday gathering, we'd serve punch, coffee, and the delectable treats my father made for dessert: Apple Streusel, Cinnamon Rolls (that would put Cinabon rolls out of business), and pies - Lemon Merange, Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cheesecake and German Fruitcake (to die for!). My mother couldn't cook anything, except a depression era chocolate cake. My father was the cook in our household, but his talent was honed by his mother's sister, my great-aunt Kate. Everyone invited to Aunt Kate's house for a holiday supper never left with out eating the best of the best or taking something home with them too. My father was the same way, too. Holiday suppers were truly wonderful and filled with lots of storytelling, hanging out with cousins, friends and other relatives... lots of good memories.

PS (for Princessbelle!)/ I loved that photo you shared with us... very, very beautiful! I can see why you stopped just to breathe all of the gorgeousness in!

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

Gathering Leaves

by Robert Frost

Spades take up leaves
No better than spoons,
And bags full of leaves
Are light as balloons.

I make a great noise
Of rustling all day
Like rabbit and deer
Running away.

But the mountains I raise
Elude my embrace,
Flowing over my arms
And into my face.

I may load and unload
Again and again
Till I fill the whole shed,
And what have I then?

Next to nothing for weight,
And since they grew duller
From contact with earth,
Next to nothing for color.

Next to nothing for use.
But a crop is a crop,
And who's to say where
The harvest shall stop?

Old 11-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #10
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Old 11-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #11
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #12
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #13
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Old 11-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #14
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #15
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Old 11-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #16
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation

Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 05:10 AM   #17
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,238 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thanksgiving Morning 2011 Wears Valley TN Cabin View

macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 05:15 AM   #18
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,028 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

The Following User Says Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 05:23 AM   #19
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,028 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

Old 11-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #20
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

The thread title says snark but I see a definite lack of snark.

Let me help. This is one of my favorite holiday songs, because it's the truth.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote