Old 04-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
DJ Bear

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy, Papa, just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
he, him, sir, bro, hey you
Relationship Status:
Married to library_girl

DJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST Reputation
Default What is the motto or creed you live by?

This question has been bumping around in my head for some time. I thought it would be interesting to know what others motto or creed is.

For the longest time I really didn't have one. I was really only existing but existing in my head.

For the last few years I have been living my motto/creed, it is from the Bushido Code of Ethics, the Japanese American fighters from WWII.

These 2 mottos/creeds have spoken and stay with me.

Duty and honor bound.

Troubles are to be kept to oneself. Do not show hurt.

So, these are my, what are yours?
Old 04-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
Inked_Trinity

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BadAss! / Sarcastic Bastard!

Thanked 6,924 Times in 1,817 Posts
Inked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST Reputation

Kindness is my religion

Don't take the free ride in your own life
Old 04-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

I have two that resonate with me to the point they have become personal mottos.

1. Keep moving forward. (I have always said this to myself but it really hit home when I saw it used in the animated movie "Meet the Robinsons." )

2. Trust Your Journey. (I say this so much I even had someone special send me this quote on a bracelet that I wear often, and especially in times of distress.)

Katniss~~(Of course my grandmother also raised me on 'Keep it classy, always' and I would never let her down. )
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

"garg'n uair dhuisgear" which is gaelic for "fierce when roused" The Roberston clan family motto
and
"Don't let the bastards get you down" what my family have been saying for years.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,184 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Motto

I have no need to conform to the stereotypes others have defined for me!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Embrace the journey

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #7
SoSousMe

How Do You Identify?:
Gender Juxtaposed/Butch/Top/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just a normal Guy
Relationship Status:
Single

SoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST Reputation

Give love... not hate

Acceptance is key

Forgive

Until you walk in someone else's shoes, you must not assume or judge

Cry when you grieve

Tell the ones you love, that you love them

Kiss your mama
If by chance a lady's hand appears before You, don't let Your pride hinder Your progress. Take the hand she offers, for her touch may lend the perfect amount of resistance needed to help steady You on Your feet.

The honor in Dominance lies in the ability to recognize submission as a gift.

I tend to delve deep within Myself.. sometimes hearing nothing more than the stir of My own soul.

LQ
SoSousMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SoSousMe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #8
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

Acceptance is the answer.

Every dark cloud has a silver lining.

Each day is a new beginning.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #9
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,794 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I'll have to give this some thought when I am not busy as I am certain I have others, but my main motto is, "Balance is key". I feel that balance is essential to so many different aspects of our lives, harmony, peace, health etc. It appears all throughout nature and yet we often fail to allow it to be in our own lives.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #10
wahya
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
im good

wahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputation

Taking Care Of Business = TCB
wahya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wahya For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #11
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

~ "acceptance leaves room for forgiveness " ~
Old 04-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #12
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

1) Say what you mean, mean what you say.
2) Never, EVER take advantage of anyone. To me, the most disgusting thing anyone can do is abuse their power over another.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #13
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

maryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputation

Mine change a lot... lately I've been using "per ardua" (through hardship or difficulty) which is in my matrilineal lineage.
maryam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maryam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #14
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Do no harm...

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #15
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,028 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

Life goes on
treat others the way you want to be treated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2013, 04:36 AM   #16
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,148 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

For years, mine has been the Buddhist quote, "fall down seven times, get up eight".

I'm phasing this out now, although it has served me well. I used to "fall down" much more often, and even though I expect to continue, to a certain degree, I don't need to invoke it, do I?

For now: All change comes to me with greater ease and more consciousness. (Which is more of an incantation than a motto, but it works.)
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2013, 05:42 AM   #17
Daktari

• Do as you would be done by
  • If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #18
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Ol Butch Bones
Preferred Pronoun?:
Old G
Relationship Status:
Too old to play.

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I believe GOD/DESS does not judge us directly most of the time, but judges us through the Law of Karma, which can be relentless and inexorable. So, my motto will be the same ol one that I found on my own family crest from centuries ago: Quantum Meruit-Translated: You get what you have earned/They got what they deserved (I got what I deserved face--> ).
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #19
Syr

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Syr

Thanked 1,130 Times in 217 Posts
Syr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST Reputation

Mine is an odd one I guess..it is 'It's a good day to die' meaning I have left nothing unsaid, undone etc.
Syr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Syr For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #20
Aryon

How Do You Identify?:
Butch female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
I know her heartsong and she, mine

Aryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST Reputation

1) "A knight is sworn to valour. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

2) "Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. "

"Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away."

My Pictures: https://picasaweb.google.com/115942843945062331510

My Blog: http://christhebutch.wordpress.com
Aryon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aryon For This Useful Post: