Old 02-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Your Favorite Childhood Memory

The title says it all.....what is YOUR favorite childhood memory? Let's say 15 years & under.....

This is a happy thread.....

One of my favorite childhood memories was when I was about 6 or 7....I still believed in Santa Claus......

My parents and I were watching TV in the den. Our tree was in the living room and all of a sudden, I heard a very booming "HO! HO! HO!" I will NEVER forget the look on my Daddy's face when I looked at him in surprise! HE acted surprised, TOO!

When I ran into the living room, all of Santa's gifts were in front of the tree (We didn't have a fireplace)! (That was the year I got the Bride Doll!)

Later, I found out that our tree, which was in front of our living room windows, hid the fact that one of the windows was opened just a bit. My Daddy had arranged for our neighbor, Junior, to come over and be Santa. (This of course, was in the days before a neighbor in Your bushes wasn't considered a Peeping Tom! <giggle> )

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

WOW! Great thread topic Diva!
I'll have to think about it and come back as there were many. I had a great childhood, I wish kids today could experience the things I did.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,496 Times in 1,638 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default Good times.

Probably when my family and I were living in western Pennslyvania, in a really small town. I was in 5th grade. I was miserable in school but after school with my neighborhood pals we played a lot of football (it was here that I came to love the Pittsburgh Steelers). Everyday we were trying collect wheels from anything to build the world's greatest go-cart. We also built a cool fort, hung out in trees, practiced the catch and release program with frogs, toads, salamanders, snakes, and crayfish.
Also that summer I held a carnival for muscular dystrophy. I trained my dog Spot to perform tricks in it.
We walked to Kelner's market bought candy and comics a lot too. I had to steal my dad's change to keep up with my comic book habit. I got in trouble for that.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Cool idea Diva!

Most of my favorite times involved books. My first trip to the library, learning about Egyptology from National Geographic, learning to read on my own.

Will ponder and be back with more.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #5
GeekBear

How Do You Identify?:
transgender menace
Preferred Pronoun?:
he, him, his
Relationship Status:
Married to the RyRy!

GeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST Reputation

My favorite childhood memory was when I was 7. it was christmas eve and the whole family was there, we had just had dinner and it was time to open the presents. there was a big box under the tree and it had my name on it, i could barely stop myself from jumping up and down with excitement. my gram knew that I wanted a nintendo, all of my friends had one and I think i talked her ear off explaining just what the heck a nintendo was and that I had to have one. she told everyone else in the family that she would get the nintendo and so everyone else got me games, controllers, everything a baby geekboi could want. I tore open the paper and there it was...my first love, a brand new nintendo. after all of the presents were open, my uncles helped set it up for me and I was in awe, i just sat there for the rest of the night watching mario jump across the screen. ahhhh the bliss, I was in heaven. not only did I have the present I had wanted for forever, but I knew that my whole family cared enough to make it the best night in the world for me. they watched my play all night. I am a video game addict to this day but nothing beats the original NES. thanks gram I will never forget that christmas.
GeekBear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeekBear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I have few childhood memories (possibly a good thing) but I remember one specifically. My aunt, who is only 8 years older than me, was babysitting me (I was probably 4-5) and I remember her making me my favourite sandwichs: a triple decker peanut butter, banana and honey sandwich. While making it she had Elton John playing in the background and was dancing around the kitchen. To this day, visiting her house is always a fun experience and a place I feel safe to decompress at.

And now and again, I still indulge in those and listen to Elton because of her.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #7
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

My favorite childhood memories are that of playing football, baseball, tennis, and exploring the woods and streams behind my parents home. I knew there were Indians there once before because of how the springs. I so wanted to find an indianhead. And with luck I did. All with my best friend, Frank. He and I were the best of friends all thru-out our childhood. We did everything together. Vacations, our love of sports, and just being little boys. Life was just so simple for us. We could be ourselves with each other.

I will never forget the one time we borrowed each of our father's pipes and tobacco. We couldn't figure it out. But boy did we have a good time that afternoon.

And we went to help pick out each others dog. A boy and his dog.

Collecting frogs, minnows, and fishing in ponds. Going to the state fair. And then the discovery of girls. Life was good for a brief second with him. The next thing I knew we had grown up and drifted apart.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 06:09 PM   #8
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,783 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Oh, easy.

I was about 6, and my grandparents took me to my first Detroit Tigers baseball game at the old Tigers Stadium. My grandfather had business in Detroit the next day. He wore a seersucker suit, and so did I, to the game. My grandmother simply sat quietly and smiled the entire time, probably hoping a foul ball wouldn't come our way and bean her, even though I had my Little Little glove and was quite adept with it. We were sitting near the first base line, in rightfield, and I got Sparky Lyle's autograph (Yankees relief pitcher) as he was warming up in the bullpen near where we were sitting. I still have it somewhere.

I went to a game each summer with my grandparents every year after that for about 8 years. But that first game instilled in me my passion for the sport.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #9
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,769 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

One memory was of Christmas Eve and Day and Mom and I had had a good evening just being together and singing Christmas songs and watching the TV specials (Rudolph, anyone?). She put me to bed and when I woke, it was CHRISTMAS! Weeee!

Mom was always good with how she doled out my pressies, even when they weren't much to look at. I had a dolly at the foot of my bed and a trail of small gaggy type gifts that lead to our tree. I can't tell you what was under the tree, but I remember that doll at the foot of my bed and how nice and calm that Christmas was. It was all about the feeling for me and that night and morning felt wonderful!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 06:21 PM   #10
GeekBear

How Do You Identify?:
transgender menace
Preferred Pronoun?:
he, him, his
Relationship Status:
Married to the RyRy!

GeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
Probably when my family and I were living in western Pennslyvania, in a really small town. I was in 5th grade. I was miserable in school but after school with my neighborhood pals we played a lot of football (it was here that I came to love the Pittsburgh Steelers). Everyday we were trying collect wheels from anything to build the world's greatest go-cart. We also built a cool fort, hung out in trees, practiced the catch and release program with frogs, toads, salamanders, snakes, and crayfish.
Also that summer I held a carnival for muscular dystrophy. I trained my dog Spot to perform tricks in it.
We walked to Kelner's market bought candy and comics a lot too. I had to steal my dad's change to keep up with my comic book habit. I got in trouble for that.
I can appreciate that, I used to sneak into my gram's change cup and go rent videos and get candy.....I got in trouble too lol
GeekBear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeekBear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #11
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,829 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation
Default Freedom

I grew up in central NJ where summer was hot, humid and prime mosquito feasting season. The particular and peculiar freedom of summer break meant no responsibility greater than making my bed and being home in time for dinner.

I remember the scent of honeysuckle, rich and sweet in the humid air, and cut grass that stained the toes of my Chuck Taylor's green. I remember the sound of our house, too large for just the two of us, silent and settling in the summer heat, the only sound the steady drone of the giant air conditioner in the dining room window, the drip of water into the pan below it.

In those days, before over protective parenting became a necessity, a single parent like my mother could cast her kid to the day and not worry that anything worse than a skinned knee or poison ivy would befall me during her absence.

I rode my yellow, banana seat Schwinn everywhere and explored new home construction sites and the town junkyard. I brought home scraps of lumber for my fort, and irreparable lawn mowers to "fix." I pounded nails into boards and I took the lawnmowers back to the junkyard.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #12
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

One of my very first memories are of my being 3 or 4 and lying down on the back seat of our parents car. We are being taken on a trip to a suprise location. I still have pictures of that day at Disneyland with my parents; my Dad so young and handsome, my sister and I wearing Micky mouse ears.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #13
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Laying across my moms lap on my tummie and my mom lightly scratching my back.... sure hope my gf when I find her will do that! I so miss that!
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #14
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushingfemme View Post
One of my very first memories are of my being 3 or 4 and lying down on the back seat of our parents car. We are being taken on a trip to a suprise location. I still have pictures of that day at Disneyland with my parents; my Dad so young and handsome, my sister and I wearing Micky mouse ears.
Isn't if funny how our parents use to have the HUGE cars, what I call boats and that we never wore a seat belt.

I use to sit on the arm rest in the front seat when we were all in the car. My 3 sisters sat in the back while I was up front on the arm rest (real safe) I remember once my dad having to slam on the brakes cause of a deer while I'm heading str8 for the windshield.... haha OMG things have changed!
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #15
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Getting my first puppy for Christmas when I was 4. Oh man I thanked and thanked my Aunt and Uncle who were really not my aunt and uncle they were my parents best friends from high school. Then found out that they just brought it to me cuz Santa couldn't carry her on the sleigh cuz it would be to cold for a puppy.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #16
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

My favorite childhood memory was when my brother got a nintendo. If I hear Super Mario Brothers to this day, I associate it with NWA's first tape and vice versa. It became an overnight addiction. I sucked at it. My brother beat the entire game before I even made it past level three. <---I do, however, rock at pacman.
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to adorable For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #17
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

I hated going to my Great Grandma's house because when I was little we always went after church which means I was stuck in a dress all day. But once I got there I loved it, she always had fresh homemade peanut brittle and homemade hard candy, fresh pies and fresh milk seemed like everything there was always fresh. I'd sit on her lap and she'd read Bible stories to me and Granddaddy would take me to the yard to gather eggs. I stayed with them occasionally on Saturday night and would get up early on Sunday morning and go with Granddaddy to start the fire in the church. He'd ring the church bell, yes on a rope, and we'd hurry back to the house and get ready for church. He let me try to pull the rope to ring the bell a few times but I wasn't strong enough to pull the rope and make it ring. But I loved to go there as long as I got there before Sunday cuz then I got to wear my overalls.
Chuckling.....yep you can take the boy outa the country but you can't take the country outa the boy. OR you can make me wear a dress but ya can't make me be a girl.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #18
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,660 Times in 3,990 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Blade, some of my fav childhood memories come from being with my grandparents too. My maternal grandmother had a swell of a lap, where I sat, and she would reach into her enormous pockets and find plastic horses for me to play with! She would pull hair pins from her bun and make me flower dollies out of hollyhocks for me. My paternal grandfather would sit me in his lap and we would watch cowboy shows together. Bonanza was our favorite. Later in life, when I married my first husband, on our wedding day, me in my wedding dress and him in his tux went to the nursing home my grandfather was in. He had dementia and could not remember people who came to visit him..but I knelt in front of him and he cupped my face and very loud, said "BONANZA!" ....it still brings tears to my eyes...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #19
owen4u1904

How Do You Identify?:
trans/queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single

owen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
Isn't if funny how our parents use to have the HUGE cars, what I call boats and that we never wore a seat belt.

I use to sit on the arm rest in the front seat when we were all in the car. My 3 sisters sat in the back while I was up front on the arm rest (real safe) I remember once my dad having to slam on the brakes cause of a deer while I'm heading str8 for the windshield.... haha OMG things have changed!
My dad had one of those old ford trucks with a camper thing on the back of it. I remember back in the day when was able to sleep in the back and move round in the back without worries of getting pulled over. Now if some cops see you they frown upon it and sometimes pull ya over...it sucks.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:18 AM   #20
owen4u1904

How Do You Identify?:
trans/queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single

owen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant future
Default My memories...

This one is hard, I went to alot of fun places when I was younger. But I think the one that meant the most was not even with my mom and dad. It was with my Aunt Feather, she introduced me to everything I love and I teach my daughter alot of the things she taught me. She is the one who introduced me to jif crunchy peanut butter. But my favorite of all time is when she popped in Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. Lets just say I got my 6 year old to enjoy this stuff and these kinda crazy movies. Which makes me sooo excited to see Alice in Wonderland next Friday!