PDA

View Full Version : Single FTM's & Femme's

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Beachcomber
03-16-2010, 10:00 PM
This site was missing a thread like this. I think we also need a gathering place to meet, flirt and get to know each other.

Leigh
03-17-2010, 01:32 PM
This site was missing a thread like this. I think we also need a gathering place to meet, flirt and get to know each other.

This is a pretty awesome thread Beach, its about time someone started it :)

IrishGrrl
03-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Hey...great idea.

Bring on the single life!

Rockin out,
Irish

Beachcomber
03-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Hey Braedon, Irishgrrl- thanks for joining me in here!

Leigh
03-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Hmmmm, seems like someone has to breathe life into this thread and I guess I will :)

Beachcomber
03-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Hmmmm, seems like someone has to breathe life into this thread and I guess I will :)

Here, I will stand at the door and fave some more people in, come on and join us!

Leigh
03-19-2010, 12:05 PM
LOL Sounds good :)

sweetfemme247
03-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Im not trans, But I would like to say hi anyway.

Kobi
03-19-2010, 01:47 PM

Someone said you had coffee and snacks and door prizes ..... I need a new door. And there was a bachelor raffle. Where do I sign up to bid?

Leigh
03-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Im not trans, But I would like to say hi anyway.

((((((((((((diva)))))))))))) your always welcome here hun :rose:

Someone said you had coffee and snacks and door prizes ..... I need a new door. And there was a bachelor raffle. Where do I sign up to bid?

Sign up sheets are right over here on the corkboard; free coffee is on the table, all sorts of snacks are there as well ......... tickets and prices are posted, bags are there with names on them and a little write up abut each guy as well as a place to put the amount of your bid

Did I get everything right??

Beachcomber
03-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Braedon, you are on it!
Hi Everettdiva...I used to live in Everett! Now I am all the way down here near Tacoma.

Leigh
03-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Its Friday and I got it all under control :thumbsup:

Kobi
03-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Sign up sheets are right over here on the corkboard; free coffee is on the table, all sorts of snacks are there as well ......... tickets and prices are posted, bags are there with names on them and a little write up abut each guy as well as a place to put the amount of your bid

Did I get everything right?? [/QUOTE]

Well done! ;)

Jet
03-19-2010, 04:03 PM
single but not really looking.
my slide is about my thoughts on having a partner, being old school.

Leigh
03-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Well done! ;)

Thank you thank you :formalbow:

single but not really looking.
my slide is about my thoughts on having a partner, being old school.

Glad to see you here with us Jet

sweetfemme247
03-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Im currently not single or looking

bigbutchmistie
03-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Single FTM here and looking for my baby girl... Im glad I see this thread.. I will have to frequent it more often

Leigh
03-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Hey bro @ Mistie, always good to see you :)

bigbutchmistie
03-20-2010, 05:18 PM

Hey bro back :) Its always good to see you too!

JustLovelyJenn
03-20-2010, 05:18 PM
ok, while my current relationship status is being redefined at the moment, and I neither consider myself single or taken... I will keep you all posted.

sweetfemme247
03-20-2010, 05:19 PM

No hi to me how rude

Leigh
03-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Hey bro back :) Its always good to see you too!

Hope your doing well bro :)

ok, while my current relationship status is being redefined at the moment, and I neither consider myself single or taken... I will keep you all posted.

(((((((((((Jenn)))))))))) you know how I feel about this situation ........you deserve better :)

No hi to me how rude

Sheesh impatient are we? *chuckles*

Hi diva, you know I'm always glad to see you :rose:

sweetfemme247
03-20-2010, 05:30 PM

(((((((((((Jenn)))))))))) you know how I feel about this situation ........you deserve better :)

yes i am impatient

JustLovelyJenn
03-20-2010, 05:36 PM

Yes, Braedon I know how you feel, and how all of my other friends feel. But, I need to end this my way, and unless I have no other choice it will be through an actual conversation not just an email I may never get a response to.

sylvie
03-30-2010, 07:20 PM
hello singles, ♥ *trips and slides in*
hope you are all having a great evening!
thought i'd come crash the thread sylly style!
hehe

Kenna
03-30-2010, 07:39 PM
****opens door and peeks in... quickly gets bashful and becomes the first wallflower**** ;)
http://artfiles.art.com/5/p/LRG/22/2221/DNNAD00Z/anne-geddes-sunflower-wall.jpg

sylvie
03-31-2010, 06:07 AM
hi Sweet! *waves*

& good morning singles..

hope you all have a wonderful kind of day today!

Kenna
03-31-2010, 06:15 AM
hi Sweet! *waves*

& good morning singles..

Hi Sylvie!!
*hands you a strawberry apple juice smoothie*
Mornin everyone! The wall flower is makin' eggs any way you like... we GOT's LOTS'a EGGS... *ORDER UP!*.... I even make them on the grill!
Enjoy your day!
*heads back to kitchen for another smoothie*

sylvie
03-31-2010, 07:04 AM
Hi Sylvie!!
*hands you a strawberry apple juice smoothie*
Mornin everyone! The wall flower is makin' eggs any way you like... we GOT's LOTS'a EGGS... *ORDER UP!*.... I even make them on the grill!
Enjoy your day!
*heads back to kitchen for another smoothie*

ohhh that sounds delish! thank you!
*sits back n' quietly slurps on her smoothie*
:cheer:
enjoy your day too! :D

bigbutchmistie
03-31-2010, 08:06 AM
Hello everyone :)

Beachcomber
03-31-2010, 11:08 AM
hi Sweet! *waves*

& good morning singles..

Hi Sylvie, Sweet, Braedon .
It is a wonderful morning here in Seattle. I am sitting in the sun, listening to NPR and having tea. Promises to be a nice day. How is the midweek treating every one?

Kenna
03-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Hi Sylvie, Sweet, Braedon .
It is a wonderful morning here in Seattle. I am sitting in the sun, listening to NPR and having tea. Promises to be a nice day. How is the midweek treating every one?

***sneaks in... Hands Beachcomber and BigButchMistie a strawberry slushy... bashfully goes back to my flowerpot by the wall...*** ;) ;)

morningstar55
03-31-2010, 11:34 AM
this is a nice idea for a thread. beach ha........ and subscribing
soo tell me ...... any other old farts in here like me???

sylvie
03-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Good afternoon all,
*waves to Beachcomber, bigbutchmistie, Sweet & morningstar*
Sweet, ty so much for the yummy smoothie!

Beachcomber, the midweek is treating me alright..
just getting over strep throat, today im feeling much better, although
i'm still feeling a bit run down so may take one more day off tomorrow..
will see, otherwise, it's been good, lotsa relaxing! enjoy the tea & sun! :-)

what's everyone up to this afternoon!?
:stillheart:

sylvie
03-31-2010, 01:02 PM
this is a nice idea for a thread. beach ha........ and subscribing
soo tell me ...... any other old farts in here like me???

define old LOL!
i'm 37.. but, some days (especially this week being sick) i feel about 80! LOL!(((hugggz)))

Kenna
03-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Good afternoon all,
*waves to Beachcomber, bigbutchmistie, Sweet & morningstar*
Sweet, ty so much for the yummy smoothie!

Beachcomber, the midweek is treating me alright..
just getting over strep throat, today im feeling much better, although
i'm still feeling a bit run down so may take one more day off tomorrow..
will see, otherwise, it's been good, lotsa relaxing! enjoy the tea & sun! :-)

what's everyone up to this afternoon!?
:stillheart:

Awww you're very welcome!
I bet a smoothie would feel good right about now? Poor Sylvie. Hope you feel better quick!!

Beachcomber
03-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Oh Sweet, I love strawberry slushies! Thank you!

morningstar55, I am 47 myself.

Beachcomber
03-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Sylvie,
I sure hope you feel better very soon. Glad to hear you are enjoying tea and sunshine as well. :)

Kenna
03-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Oh Sweet, I love strawberry slushies! Thank you!

morningstar55, I am 47 myself.

I must brag...
I make the BEST strawberry smoothies!
Fresh berries, a lil frozen 'nanner, ice cubes and apple juice....all smooshed up with whipped toppin' on top.... or a scoop of icecream too! YUMMY!!!
Okay... back to my 38 yr old flowerpot to get Morningstar a smoothie... ;)

http://peachtreeactiveliving.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/strawberry_smoothie.jpg

Jet
03-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Sweet,

thanks for your "sweet" visitor notes. and hello to all.

Kenna
03-31-2010, 02:11 PM
Sweet,

thanks for your "sweet" visitor notes. and hello to all.

*picking flowerpot soil out'a my hair*....
You're welcome...
what's your favorite flavor of smoothie? It's a BEAUTIFUL sunny day here!

My private deck is ready for a small gathering! Who wants to handle the Weber Grill while I run out for more strawberries?

morningstar55
03-31-2010, 03:14 PM
ya know its ... been a long cold winter........ and im closing my eyes... and thinking am on this beach and i hear this music and well it makes me wanna dance....... anyone else with me????:bow:

YouTube- "Toes" Music Video

Jet
03-31-2010, 03:20 PM
ya know its ... been a long cold winter........ and im closing my eyes... and thinking am on this beach and i hear this music and well it makes me wanna dance....... anyone else with me????:bow:

YouTube- "Toes" Music Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB8Nkn3Xjes)

hey barb, check this thread out for the beach:

Island of Wiki Wiki Nu Nu Dreams yada yada

morningstar55
03-31-2010, 03:32 PM
hey barb, check this thread out for the beach:

Island of Wiki Wiki Nu Nu Dreams yada yada

ok will do ... thanx.........
im just trying to keep this new singles thread bumped up..... heh

YouTube- Kenny Chesney - No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems

always2late
03-31-2010, 03:39 PM
For morningstar :)

YouTube- Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole LYRICS

(LOVE the "peep show" LOL!!)

morningstar55
03-31-2010, 03:50 PM

YouTube- Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole LYRICS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIKznMPXUk)

...... lol thanx....... nice relaxin.... tune..

morningstar55
03-31-2010, 03:52 PM
*picking flowerpot soil out'a my hair*....
You're welcome...
what's your favorite flavor of smoothie? It's a BEAUTIFUL sunny day here!

My private deck is ready for a small gathering! Who wants to handle the Weber Grill while I run out for more strawberries?

ok....... go get em.....since no one else volunter'd .....I can do this.. lol
hope everyone has there own drinks..
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/morningstar1955/barbaq.jpg

morningstar55
03-31-2010, 04:06 PM
YouTube- Horses *Cowgirls Don't Cry*
ok.... i dont mean to make this country hour....... LOL
I use to ride a lot , barrel race.... and all that jazz ahh the memories.. :)
and well .what kind of music do some of you all like to dance too???
come on???
there's rock.........
and umm ..... pop stuff..... and bluezzzzzz

Jet
03-31-2010, 04:25 PM
YouTube- Horses *Cowgirls Don't Cry* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR6P0hxg9gI)
ok.... i dont mean to make this country hour....... LOL
I use to ride a lot , barrel race.... and all that jazz ahh the memories.. :)
and well .what kind of music do some of you all like to dance too???
come on???
there's rock.........
and umm ..... pop stuff..... and bluezzzzzz

Well, since I'm OSOF...and always have been, there's nothing like slow dancin'...with your best girl....you know...to something classic. Here's a couple of old favorites of mine...

YouTube- Jackie Wilson - You Got Me Walking

YouTube- tears on my pillow -sha na na-

morningstar55
03-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Well, since I'm OSOF...and always have been, there's nothing like slow dancin'...with your best girl....you know...to something classic. Here's a couple of old favorites of mine...

OHhhh yeaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now i can get soo into that .. ha... :)

Kenna
03-31-2010, 04:33 PM

Sorry... this wall flower dances like a plucked chicken!

sylvie
03-31-2010, 06:36 PM

YouTube- Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole LYRICS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIKznMPXUk)

i love this song so much!
i remember the first time i heard it was on an episode of ER, when Dr Green passed away... it's so pretty.. ♫

sylvie
03-31-2010, 06:43 PM
ty so much for the get well wishes..
i'm actually feeling bunches better today, and my manager called today and said i should take another day for sure, because she'd rather i get well before coming back (for my sake, co-workers sake and the residents sake)
sooo, one more day home tomorrow :-)
i should be fine to go back to work come friday because it's only a short shift, (4-7pm) ..

Sweet - my fave smoothies are anything berry (no matter which berry) but they're all delicious! mind you i dont think i've tried a smoothie of any kind i didnt quite care for.. hehe. but you have me craving them, that's for sure! think i'll be whipping some up here shortly
:clap:

morningstar - i love all music.. i admit i'm a rocker at heart, love classic rock, as well as new rock... 80's music, 70's music, 60's.. even oldies, ahh love the oldies.. i also like classical, folk music, good footstomping irish tunes, r&b, pop... heck even some country music..

love, love, love ♫

Kenna
04-01-2010, 06:35 AM
ty so much for the get well wishes..
i'm actually feeling bunches better today, and my manager called today and said i should take another day for sure, because she'd rather i get well before coming back (for my sake, co-workers sake and the residents sake)
sooo, one more day home tomorrow :-)
i should be fine to go back to work come friday because it's only a short shift, (4-7pm) ..

Sweet - my fave smoothies are anything berry (no matter which berry) but they're all delicious! mind you i dont think i've tried a smoothie of any kind i didnt quite care for.. hehe. but you have me craving them, that's for sure! think i'll be whipping some up here shortly

morningstar - i love all music.. i admit i'm a rocker at heart, love classic rock, as well as new rock... 80's music, 70's music, 60's.. even oldies, ahh love the oldies.. i also like classical, folk music, good footstomping irish tunes, r&b, pop... heck even some country music..

love, love, love ♫

Just for Sylvie.... we're makin' fresh wild Raspberry smoothies... Hope you feel MUCH better today!!
"Hey BC.... hand me the whipped topping please?" ;)
http://drink-recipe.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/three_berry_smoothie_main.jpg
For those of us that don't like Raspberry.... we serve LOTs of other yummy stuff in Sweet's kitchen... Kick back and enjoy a yummy, good-for-you breakfast treat and have an AWESOME day!!

You can find your favorite wall flower in her planter boxes on the back deck.... it's time to get herbs and teas planted!
***Waves to PearlsNLace...and shouts "Honey, we know you're not single...but I have extra smoothies for you and your sweetheart!"***

NikiNik
04-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Popping into say howdy!

Jet
04-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Stopping in to say hey and good night to all.

sylvie
04-03-2010, 07:32 PM
hi Niki, Jet & Sweet!
& hello to all who come in! ♥

Sweet, yummmmmy, raspberry smoothies sound sooo good!
i've been feelin much much better ty! i went back to work yesterday, worked all day today and work tomorrow too.. i have 3 days off next week, im already looking forward to them, haha!! but its good to be back, i missed the residents very much :-)

turned out to be a very nice day here today (figures, day i have to work, haha)

hope everyone has a fantabulous Easter weekend!
any fun plans ?

Jet
04-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Sayin' hey...hope everyone is having a good nite.

sylvie
04-07-2010, 06:54 PM
evenin' all :-)

happy hump day!
was an overcast kind of day here today, i had the day off, so caught up in all my housework, laundry, etc..
i also have tomorrow off, think i'll spend it relaxing, although i do have to go grocery shopping at some point..

:blink:
(i'm a femme that actually hates shopping) lol!

Liam
04-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Peeking in...howdy folks!

cinderella
04-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Ok, so apart from saying hey, hi, hello, goodnight, etc., etc. - what all is this thread for. Not trying to start anything, or be snarky. I am genuinely interested if there's a purpose, that's all. Is it for 'hooking up', to let everyone know who's single and available? If so, I don't see anyone taking the 'next step'...or are we here for some other reason? Just wondering...

Jet
04-07-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm single and relate to the single life. But there is no next step of any kind for me...jus' sayin'.

cinderella
04-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Ok. One subscriber's comment/purpose duly noted.

I'm single and relate to the single life. But there is no next step of any kind for me...jus' sayin'.

Liam
04-07-2010, 07:07 PM

There you go Cinderella!

sylvie
04-07-2010, 07:14 PM
for me, it's a place to chitchat & get to know others.. i'm fairly new to posting around here, and don't know many.. i'm not seeking any hookups, personally - i like to flirt, make friends and i'm a gabber lol.

cinderella
04-07-2010, 07:18 PM
I don't see no flirting...not necessarily with me - I'm way past that, my 'prince' took a detour never to be seen again, lol. Jes sayin', I don't see any of that on here...

There you go Cinderella!

Ldyluck88
04-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Being single has it's benefits to a point..but..I feel it's nice to have someone to share memories with. Making new friends is a good thing, because in the end, a friend will sustain you, just saying. All in all, Hey to all you singles!! :aslpeacelove:

Liam
04-07-2010, 07:42 PM
I don't see no flirting...not necessarily with me - I'm way past that, my 'prince' took a detour never to be seen again, lol. Jes sayin', I don't see any of that on here...

Well I'm not ready to flirt with anyone here, Cinderella; doesn't it mean it won't happen though.

for me, it's a place to chitchat & get to know others.. i'm fairly new to posting around here, and don't know many.. i'm not seeking any hookups, personally - i like to flirt, make friends and i'm a gabber lol.

I enjoy having conversations, that is why I like the chat room here; come chat me up sometime, Sylvie. ;)

Being single has it's benefits to a point..but..I feel it's nice to have someone to share memories with. Making new friends is a good thing, because in the end, a friend will sustain you, just saying. All in all, Hey to all you singles!! :aslpeacelove:

A person can never have too many friends, eh Ldyluck?

Jet
04-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Carmen, for God's sakes you got enough flame in your broil to last a lifetime...go to it.....heh

sylvie
04-08-2010, 09:28 AM
I enjoy having conversations, that is why I like the chat room here; come chat me up sometime, Sylvie. ;)

yesss will do, most times when i come on here, there isn't really anyone in there, but if i see you in there anytime, i'll jump in! :-)
& thank you!

las68
04-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Just wanted to say Hi!!

JustLovelyJenn
04-12-2010, 04:51 PM
*peeking in the room to see who is around*

Billy
04-12-2010, 04:53 PM
*peeking in the room to see who is around*

Nobody is here ...

Jet
04-12-2010, 04:55 PM
flyin' by to say hey. have a good one.

JustLovelyJenn
04-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Nobody is here ...

i can tell... but the echo seems to be answering me back.... strange...

Princess4u
04-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Hello all!!! I hope you are all well and finding peace. Making friends is always a great way to start...you never know what may come next! Life is full of suprises!!!

Billy
04-12-2010, 06:12 PM
i can tell... but the echo seems to be answering me back.... strange...

You'll have that sometimes ..

~Bo
04-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Hellooooooo..........hellooooooooooo......

helloooooooooooooo.......... :eek:

Gemme
04-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Hellooooooo..........hellooooooooooo......

helloooooooooooooo.......... :eek:

:boink:

:rofl:

Soft*Silver
04-12-2010, 07:01 PM
If a femme crashes thru this thread and no FTM is around...do we make a sound?

~Bo
04-12-2010, 08:25 PM
If a femme crashes thru this thread and no FTM is around...do we make a sound?

Only if a tree falls over and hits her on the head. :shocking:

Princess4u
04-12-2010, 08:31 PM
soooo if said tree hits a girl on the head...will said FTM come to rescue said girl from her doom? and do lets hope that the tree is very small and the head is very strong....no blood shed allowed here..yes i think i read that someplace!Only if a tree falls over and hits her on the head. :shocking:

Gemme
04-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Only if a tree falls over and hits her on the head. :shocking:

Imma take a branch from that tree, mister, and run you up one side and down the other with it. Stop being a brat. :girldevil:

moxie
04-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Imma take a branch from that tree, mister, and run you up one side and down the other with it. Stop being a brat. :girldevil:

Can I watch? :popcorn:

Princess4u
04-12-2010, 08:47 PM

Soooo I am thinkingthat by that response the answer would be HELL NO...hummm so much for chilvery!!! Sorry I misunderstood his remarks

~Bo
04-12-2010, 08:47 PM
soooo if said tree hits a girl on the head...will said FTM come to rescue said girl from her doom? and do lets hope that the tree is very small and the head is very strong....no blood shed allowed here..yes i think i read that someplace!

Sadly no, cause there are no FTM's around, remember? :seconddoh:

Gemme
04-12-2010, 08:48 PM

Absolutely! You might want to bring a poncho or sheet plastic or something though....:smileywhip:

Liam
04-12-2010, 08:49 PM
I think all of the trees here are in good shape, and no one needs to be concerned about having one fall, and hit them on the head.

Gemme
04-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Soooo I am thinkingthat by that response the answer would be HELL NO...hummm so much for chilvery!!! Sorry I misunderstood his remarks

Bo is remarkably like a 12 year old boy. :blink:

moxie
04-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Absolutely! You might want to bring a poncho or sheet plastic or something though....:smileywhip:

I'll bring my raincoat and galoshes.

Princess4u
04-12-2010, 08:51 PM
I think all of the trees here are in good shape, and no one needs to be concerned about having one fall, and hit them on the head.

Well there may be one person who may need to wear a football helmet for a bit...after his remark LOL I think the women are on a mission LOL you go Girls!!!

~Bo
04-12-2010, 08:51 PM

You'd have to catch me first. :bolt:

Hey now. :raspberry:

~Bo
04-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Bo is remarkably like a 12 year old boy. :blink:

And that would make YOU my 8 year old sister. :spruceup:

moxie
04-12-2010, 08:54 PM

Would it help if I brought some Milk Duds?

~Bo
04-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Would it help if I brought some Milk Duds?

Would it help what? :|

Gemme
04-12-2010, 08:57 PM

Okay, that's easy enough.

Meet my cohort in crime....Super Pure Girl! :superman:

And that would make YOU my 8 year old sister. :spruceup:

Oh, I long for the days before bras (don't even THINK of snapping it, Bo! It's unsnappable.) and varicose veins. :riding2:

I would still whup you, you know. :slapfight:

Gemme
04-12-2010, 08:58 PM

Good thinking, SPG! He'll slip on the Milk Duds and go down fast.

:thumbsup:

Princess4u
04-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Sadly no, cause there are no FTM's around, remember? :seconddoh:

Soooo do tell where are they all hiding and why? Or perhaps they are all taken and just toying with us poor single femmes....*sighs*.

Perhaps gummy bears would work best...although mild duds take longer to chew and get stuck...so perhaps you would have to stop running to pick your teeth and thus they would catch you....

moxie
04-12-2010, 09:00 PM

Good thinking, SPG! He'll slip on the Milk Duds and go down fast.

:thumbsup:

I was thinking they would distract you. But if you don't want them...

Gemme
04-12-2010, 09:02 PM
I was thinking they would distract you. But if you don't want them...

Show me some Twizzlers or gummy bears/worms/bugs/etc or Lifesavers Gummy anything or..... :tease:

moxie
04-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Show me some Twizzlers or gummy bears/worms/bugs/etc or Lifesavers Gummy anything or..... :tease:

Will Sour Patch Kids help bring people to assist with the trees?

Gemme
04-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Will Sour Patch Kids help bring people to assist with the trees?

Perchance it may!

Soft*Silver
04-12-2010, 09:10 PM
When I posted my question, I didnt want to be rescued...lol nor did I want any 12 year old to get tied to a tree and whacked. But I did see a few fellas appear ...which is a good thing.

So ... lets talk about first dates. I havent been on a first date in a few years. So I am kinda rusty.... I want to hear about your feelings, memories, hopes, dreams, fears, etc. What would be a turn off for you? What would be a green flag? What would you wear? ...anyone game to talk about this? Just so we have a conversation starter?

moxie
04-12-2010, 09:16 PM
When I posted my question, I didnt want to be rescued...lol nor did I want any 12 year old to get tied to a tree and whacked. But I did see a few fellas appear ...which is a good thing.

So ... lets talk about first dates. I havent been on a first date in a few years. So I am kinda rusty.... I want to hear about your feelings, memories, hopes, dreams, fears, etc. What would be a turn off for you? What would be a green flag? What would you wear? ...anyone game to talk about this? Just so we have a conversation starter?

Well, I haven't been on a "first date" in years. Last few relationships I have been in went straight into relationships. I would love to just date again.

I would want all the butterflies and nervousness and talking for hours and not realizing how late it is. A turn off for me would be for the date to not let me get a word in. I am quiet and am comfortable with silence but let me say something when I want.

I don't know what I would wear...it would all depend on what the date entailed.

Too tired to talk about this in great length and intelligently but wanted to say something. :)

JustLovelyJenn
04-12-2010, 09:23 PM

In all honesty, I haven't been on a "first date" since i was in high school... never with anyone that wasn't a biomale... somehow it never works out that way. I would love to be wooed, get all giddy, worry about my clothes and my hair, wait for the knock at the door.... but really, I wouldn't know what to expect at this point.

Gemme
04-12-2010, 09:24 PM

I love dates and especially first dates. I haven't had very horrible first and/or blind date stories thus far, so I still enjoy them.

Green flags: I like the treatment I associate with OFOS butches/FTMs....opening the door, hand at the base of my back, pulling my chair out/pushing it in for me, walking on the curb side of the street with me...and so on....

Having a sense of humor, especially if it's a bit twisted or dry.

Being considerate, expressive and showing a little bit of goofiness wouldn't hurt either.

Red flags: "I forgot my wallet" I have no issue with going halvsies or even paying for the meal, if that is what we've agreed to, but don't pull that. If it's accidental, then that says something about how important this evening is to you. If it's "accidentally" on purpose, then that shows me that you lack in several areas.

"My ex did this, did that, went there, is this..." I'm not on a date with your ex. A passing comment--fine. A bio and indepth discussion? Not interested.

Giving me a list of all of your faults and/or issues and/or medications you are on and/or how much time you've spent behind bars...unless you are trying to run me off (a simple "this has been nice, but I must leave now" would work too)....revealing too much too soon is something that I struggle with so if there are two of us doing it, it's going to be a disaster from the word go.

Lacking the ability to dress oneself well and/or perform at least general hygiene routines and/or being rude to the waitstaff will get you a quick goodbye. I don't do grubby, stinky or rude.

The attire would depend on where we went and what we were doing. Bowling and a movie would garner a different dress code than a romantic dinner at Anthony's on the Waterfront, for example.

Jet
04-12-2010, 09:39 PM
What would you wear?

depends on where I take my date.

Soft*Silver
04-12-2010, 09:51 PM
I too am weary of the "speed dating speech" ...especially when it gets too "too much too soon" information. I do admire someone who will tell me they have a drug or drinking problem, only because I am in recovery. I had one person do that for me and I was really appreciative. I still dated them too! Honesty is what its about...

I like the build up of a first date...the an-tisssss-AA - payyyyyy - SHUNNNNN...

One of my fav of all times first dates was when a dozen of red roses came to my door one hour before he was to arrive...we had met thru a gay news rag personals section. We had talked but never met until that first date...lord I loved his style!

I also noted in posts where some said they hadnt had first dates..that they just got into relationships. I LOVE to date. And sometimes I will date a few people at a time. That stops the minute I decide to get intimate sexually with someone. Then I date only that person. But it takes awhile to get there, especially if its local. LDRs are a different kind of dating. There is an assumption made that if you talk for awhile (months, not weeks) and you go to meet someone, that probably (not definetely) the two will consumate the dating with sex. I dont think its a given..at least not in my book. But there is a likelyhood....if there is that connection in person as well as on the phone and internet...

I personally like wearing dresses on first dates. I am not a jeans person.

I would do my nails ...and probably buy a new eye shadow just for the occassion. And sexy underwear. He will never see them (not on the first date) but they will make me feel wonderful and sexy. I will wear my trademark scent...and shampoo my hair with some pretty smelling shampoo...I try real hard not to overdo scents, tho. It can have the reverse affect if its done too loudly...

turn offs for me would be excessive drinking, bullfrog political speak, anti Ex talk, poor hygiene or rumpled clothes, a dirty mouth (and I dont mean brushing is needed), road rage, insulting behavior toward anyone at anytime including the waiter, and a dirty messy car.

Green flags...on time, smiling, obvious delight, maybe a flower, taking my arm, opening doors, listening when I talk, noticing my nails or hair, asking questions, simple but tasteful and clean attire, clean car with soft music, and always smiling back at my smiles...keeping focused on the date instead of the potential (not counting how many days you can move in), and casually subtly letting me know there is no pressure for sex..only for my attentions...

wow...I am feeling...well...like I wanna first date! smiling....not yet...but soon...

ok...my next question is...is it ok for the girl to ask you out?

Jet
04-12-2010, 10:17 PM
There are dances, sponsored events and dinners, lots of different events for dating. Honestly? I wouldn't ask anyone for a date. A single ticket and a reservation for one works for me—even for formal events.

I think meeting new people and making friends is great. But I don't think I would be interested in anything beyond that.

Princess4u
04-12-2010, 10:25 PM
I love dates and especially first dates. I haven't had very horrible first and/or blind date stories thus far, so I still enjoy them.

Green flags: I like the treatment I associate with OFOS butches/FTMs....opening the door, hand at the base of my back, pulling my chair out/pushing it in for me, walking on the curb side of the street with me...and so on....

Having a sense of humor, especially if it's a bit twisted or dry.

Being considerate, expressive and showing a little bit of goofiness wouldn't hurt either.

Red flags: "I forgot my wallet" I have no issue with going halvsies or even paying for the meal, if that is what we've agreed to, but don't pull that. If it's accidental, then that says something about how important this evening is to you. If it's "accidentally" on purpose, then that shows me that you lack in several areas.

"My ex did this, did that, went there, is this..." I'm not on a date with your ex. A passing comment--fine. A bio and indepth discussion? Not interested.

Giving me a list of all of your faults and/or issues and/or medications you are on and/or how much time you've spent behind bars...unless you are trying to run me off (a simple "this has been nice, but I must leave now" would work too)....revealing too much too soon is something that I struggle with so if there are two of us doing it, it's going to be a disaster from the word go.

Lacking the ability to dress oneself well and/or perform at least general hygiene routines and/or being rude to the waitstaff will get you a quick goodbye. I don't do grubby, stinky or rude.

The attire would depend on where we went and what we were doing. Bowling and a movie would garner a different dress code than a romantic dinner at Anthony's on the Waterfront, for example.

Well I love the idea of OSOF...I cherish that...just never had it...I have had horrible blind dates..so I am leary...But for the most part...I second Gemme...you hit the nail on the head so to speak.

I do wonder about the topic of disclosing too much too soon...how much is too much? I mean if you feel the chemistry when is too soon? Perhaps the second date? I ponder this so often...LOL not that I need to worry...I just checked and there is no line at my front door.

Speaking of which...I would love just love to have someone drive to MY house, ring MY doorbell and take me in HIS car...to our evening events. To me...that would be the first green flag. The second it if he opened the car door for me and closed it once I was inside. WOW...that would be amazing!!!!

Gemme
04-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Well I love the idea of OSOF...I cherish that...just never had it...I have had horrible blind dates..so I am leary...But for the most part...I second Gemme...you hit the nail on the head so to speak.

I do wonder about the topic of disclosing too much too soon...how much is too much? I mean if you feel the chemistry when is too soon? Perhaps the second date? I ponder this so often...LOL not that I need to worry...I just checked and there is no line at my front door.

Speaking of which...I would love just love to have someone drive to MY house, ring MY doorbell and take me in HIS car...to our evening events. To me...that would be the first green flag. The second it if he opened the car door for me and closed it once I was inside. WOW...that would be amazing!!!!

For me, for the first date (especially if it's a blind date), I don't want them to know where I live. Too many *insert Psycho theme music here* types out there. Meeting at the restaurant is fine with me until I am more comfortable with them.

Ah, the car test. Well, don't fail the femme car test. As he walks around to his side of the car, lean over and unlock it for him and...if you can...push it open for him.

Jet
04-12-2010, 10:36 PM
[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="YellowGreen"]
Red flags:

Lacking the ability to dress oneself well and/or perform at least general hygiene routines and/or being rude to the waitstaff .....

kind of a given, isn't it?

Gemme
04-12-2010, 10:46 PM
kind of a given, isn't it?

One might think so, but then, one would be wrong. :)

Princess4u
04-12-2010, 10:58 PM
For me, for the first date (especially if it's a blind date), I don't want them to know where I live. Too many *insert Psycho theme music here* types out there. Meeting at the restaurant is fine with me until I am more comfortable with them.

Ah, the car test. Well, don't fail the femme car test. As he walks around to his side of the car, lean over and unlock it for him and...if you can...push it open for him.

Well I suppose I was referring more to someone I have met in person. Not so sure I would do the blind date thing every again...too many bad experiences. Softness, I loved the dozen roses sent to the house before he arrived for the date...wow..I would love that style too!!

And but of course....is he opens my door...I would open his....it goes both ways ya know...its not all about him doing for her...its about mutual respect and giving as much as he does and visa versa....

As for the asking him for a date...wow...I have pondered that question...and to be honest..I know we should be more "with the times" but I am old fashioned and even more honestly...I wouldnt even know how, who, or what to ask! But I know that the fella feel just as uncomfortable as we do when asking someone out on a date. Much more to ponder on this topic for me at least.!!!

Soft*Silver
04-13-2010, 01:26 AM
My style is not to ask the guy out. Instead, I might offer him a reason to come over. Maybe my light bulb needs changing in my overhead light. Don't laugh! I really cant do that on my own because I cant climb on step stools...I get quite dizzy. Or could he take down my storm windows? For his kindness I would insist upon making him dinner..his choice, whatever is his favorite meal. Or, maybe I would ask his opinion on something..like what kind of car tires I should buy or what computer system would be best for me. I might ask him to come along.... my purpose is t fohreeld: One: I must truly need these things so his help would indeed be beneficial to me and Two: it opens the door for him to consider spending more time with me if he so is inclined to want this and Three: Doing something small and industrial together gives me time to spend with him without the stress of it being a date. I get nervous on dates sometimes, so this helps.

ok...here is another question. Most of my family and friends know I am a lesbian. (Or something, not just conformingly straight.) So when i am out with a guy who happens to be FtM, and I run into someone, sometimes they are a bit shocked. Later they will ask me why I am dating a guy. And this puts me in a unusual quandry. The FtMs I have dated do not want to pass as men. They ARE men. Its not my place to explain his experience. Have you encountered this? How did you handle it? In my situations, I have just shrugged it off and said I am what I am no matter who I am with. In other words, I kept the focus on me and not on my date.

morningstar55
04-13-2010, 08:00 AM
[CENTER]morning singles..... :)
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/morningstar1955/0cooo2qcc.gif

Liam
04-13-2010, 08:06 AM
I am enjoying reading the posts.

Soft*Silver
04-13-2010, 10:43 AM
I am enjoying reading the posts.

I am enjoying you reading the posts....

Soft*Silver
04-13-2010, 10:47 AM
For the guys:so the lady you are interested in, bumps into you at the store. You notice she has beets in her grocery cart...what could you say to her to engage her in conversation?

For the girls: you are in line at the bookstore and you see he has two magazines and a CD in his hand...go for it...tell me what you say as a opener?

DaddyDoc
04-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Just droppin in :chaplin: . I am single, not really looking for someone to date at this point.

I am interested in making friends, and meeting new people, none of which I have really done since moving to Texas, maybe go out to dinner, to the beach, etc.

Princess4u
04-13-2010, 05:05 PM
My style is not to ask the guy out. Instead, I might offer him a reason to come over. Maybe my light bulb needs changing in my overhead light. Don't laugh! I really cant do that on my own because I cant climb on step stools...I get quite dizzy. Or could he take down my storm windows? For his kindness I would insist upon making him dinner..his choice, whatever is his favorite meal. Or, maybe I would ask his opinion on something..like what kind of car tires I should buy or what computer system would be best for me. I might ask him to come along.... my purpose is t fohreeld: One: I must truly need these things so his help would indeed be beneficial to me and Two: it opens the door for him to consider spending more time with me if he so is inclined to want this and Three: Doing something small and industrial together gives me time to spend with him without the stress of it being a date. I get nervous on dates sometimes, so this helps.

ok...here is another question. Most of my family and friends know I am a lesbian. (Or something, not just conformingly straight.) So when i am out with a guy who happens to be FtM, and I run into someone, sometimes they are a bit shocked. Later they will ask me why I am dating a guy. And this puts me in a unusual quandry. The FtMs I have dated do not want to pass as men. They ARE men. Its not my place to explain his experience. Have you encountered this? How did you handle it? In my situations, I have just shrugged it off and said I am what I am no matter who I am with. In other words, I kept the focus on me and not on my date.

I love those ideas and you are so right about taking the pressure off the ideal of a date...its just 2 simple folk coming together to solve a problem...and what a way to get to know someone.

As for the issue with the "why are you dating a guy?" I find that simply saying..." well, sometimes love isnt about the gender, but about the person." Tends to leave them in deep thought pondering different aspects of love and the GLTB life, not to mention their own deep seeded secrets of their "sexuality" just a thought.

Gemme
04-13-2010, 08:38 PM
For the girls: you are in line at the bookstore and you see he has two magazines and a CD in his hand...go for it...tell me what you say as a opener?

It depends on what his choices are, really. For example, if he has a tattoo magazine and/or I can see that he has ink, I could open with that. If he has the magazine, and it's not a sealed one, I could ask him if it's a good issue or what the theme of that issue is (a lot of them will do themes...b&w, greyscale, Asian, or portraits for example) or if I can see he has ink and it's in a spot that would be easy to show such as an arm band or wrist piece or neck piece, then I would offer a compliment to it and ask if I may see the full piece.

If he has a cd of a band I've never heard before, I could ask what genre they are and what he likes about them....so on and so forth.

For me, it's about the moment. I could plan a thousand things to say to someone or I could totally wing it. At that precise moment, I tend to go with the flow and his vibe and energy. Usually, unless I know you, I'm not going to pester you.

If I feel a loner vibe, then I may briefly speak with him, but I won't push it no matter what he is carrying. I engage just enough to let them that I exist. I'm not a chaser by nature, so much more than that makes me feel as if I am invading his territory and/or private space.

Soft*Silver
04-13-2010, 08:48 PM
I am definetely not a chaser either. But I am friendly...and can approach just about anyone with a smile in my voice, when opportunity allows. Like you, the factors of the "moment" play a big part of it. I can talk to the person in the check out lane next to me about the Enquirer article at the magazine bin. Or the brand of coffee they are buying. They see I have 6 cases of wet dog food...and that usually gets people to look twice..so I smile and tell them I have a newf...which then opens LOTS of communications up...

You bring up tats. I LOVE to compare tats. I have two. But I love tats on others. And piercings. While I love alot of piercing and ear gauges, I havent dated anyone with alot of them. (I love what they mean to me...that the person has an adventuresome soul, a bit of non comforty, and a bold streak of exhibitionism.)

new question: you meet someone who you really find attractive...REALLY attractive..but they are dating someone else. But are open to dating you too. How do you feel about that?

Gemme
04-13-2010, 10:14 PM
new question: you meet someone who you really find attractive...REALLY attractive..but they are dating someone else. But are open to dating you too. How do you feel about that?

I want to hear from the person they are currently dating, even though people NEVER lie about their relationship status *eyeroll*. If THAT person tells me their relationship is open and/or poly and it's someone I am really interested in getting to know better, I would consider it. I'm not poly, but I think if all the stars were aligned just so, I would be open to that experience.

Jet
04-13-2010, 10:29 PM

this is one of the reasons I'm turned off about dating. the minute you go out with someone, they get dissed if you date other people. If I did date, i'd make it clear that it was casual with no serious intentions and that we are free to date other people. I don't like the feel of ball and chains.

Soft*Silver
04-14-2010, 07:45 PM
the question I posed was about someone who was dating someone else....interesting enough, Gemme assumed they were in a relationship. And Jet addressed it as if they werent. I love it! This was exactly what I expected! Dating someone doesnt automatically mean they are in a relationship. And it doesnt give anyone sole "rights" to the other person.When I date, I simply date. Like Jet says, I dont want to feel the "ball and chains". I am up front when I date more than one person at a time. Dating is DATING..not committment. But once I reach the level of intimacy, all other dating stops and I date only that one person I am intimate with. I am ok with someone dating other people while they date me...as long as, like Gemme says, the other person is aware he is dating both of us. I would NOT date someone, no matter how attractive or appealing they are, if they were intimate with someone else. Just not ok in my book.

Next question: you are interested in someone online but see through the threads that another femme is hot on his trail. But you cant tell if he is interested in her. What do you do?

I want to hear from the person they are currently dating, even though people NEVER lie about their relationship status *eyeroll*. If THAT person tells me their relationship is open and/or poly and it's someone I am really interested in getting to know better, I would consider it. I'm not poly, but I think if all the stars were aligned just so, I would be open to that experience.

this is one of the reasons I'm turned off about dating. the minute you go out with someone, they get dissed if you date other people. If I did date, i'd make it clear that it was casual with no serious intentions and that we are free to date other people. I don't like the feel of ball and chains.

Liam
04-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Next question: you are interested in someone online but see through the threads that another femme is hot on his trail. But you cant tell if he is interested in her. What do you do?

Ask him, if he is interested in her.

DapperButch
04-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Softness asks: Next question: you are interested in someone online but see through the threads that another femme is hot on his trail. But you cant tell if he is interested in her. What do you do?

Or, tell him that you are interested in him...or flirt with him so that he knows that you are interested in him.

Delish
04-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Hi all. I am new to the site and single and wanted to stop by and say hi :)

Jet
04-14-2010, 09:12 PM
tDating is DATING..not committment. But once I reach the level of intimacy, all other dating stops and I date only that one person I am intimate with.

I respect your point of view. But I'd keep on dating regardless of intimacy because I'm not in a committed relationship. If who I'm dating doesn't like that idea, then she doesn't have to continue dating me. I'd respect that. For me, intimacy doesn't constitute any kind of steady dating or commitment. Jus' sayin'.

But honestly, I doubt whether I would want to be intimate anyway. heh.

morningstar55
04-14-2010, 09:30 PM
ok im have a confession........... ehemm .......... i am a x dancer. errr well ( stripper heh) .. many yrs ago when i was young and skinny........ and this is one of my most favorite songs to dance too........ for someone special....
hope you guys enjoy it..........

YouTube- Joe Cocker - You Can Leave Your Hat On

Soft*Silver
04-14-2010, 09:43 PM

I dont know, Liam, if I would. Because why is it my business if he is interested in her or not? Is he accountable to me? And what if he is interested in her? Does that make me a competitor if I am interested in him? Or cant he date both of us if he is interested in me too? And if he could, then what difference does it make if he is interested in her?

but then there is femme code of ethics too. Sometimes a femme doesnt like it when another femme walks into her range of interest. Some might want him all to herself. Then what? Risk the chance of being seen as a love harpy? Musing them over to her and away from other femmes?

and it is harder to work this out online than it is in real life? I vote its harder on line. In real life you can engage in so much more interface...and watch body language...and get the sideways looks that tell so much of whats going on or what going to go on...

Soft*Silver
04-14-2010, 09:46 PM
well, Dapper, that would be ok as far as the guy goes, but we femmes have to consider other femmes too. Is it appropriate to flirt with someone that someone else is publicly wooing him to woo her? Even if you go to him privately, when it comes out later that you inquired, doesnt it make the femme look like she is a pirate of love? How does a femme not end up looking like a snooker hooker?

Softness asks: Next question: you are interested in someone online but see through the threads that another femme is hot on his trail. But you cant tell if he is interested in her. What do you do?
Or, tell him that you are interested in him...or flirt with him so that he knows that you are interested in him.

Soft*Silver
04-14-2010, 09:46 PM

Hi Delish! Welcome!

Soft*Silver
04-14-2010, 09:48 PM
I respect your point of view. But I'd keep on dating regardless of intimacy because I'm not in a committed relationship. If who I'm dating doesn't like that idea, then she doesn't have to continue dating me. I'd respect that. For me, intimacy doesn't constitute any kind of steady dating or commitment. Jus' sayin'.

But honestly, I doubt whether I would want to be intimate anyway. heh.

and I respect that. If someone I was dating told me that was how he worked, I would either have to agree to it or make a determination I could not deal with it. And knowing me, I would have to bow out. And thats ok. Dating is dating. You date to enjoy the company of someone else...not to commit from the get-go.

socialjustice_fsu
04-14-2010, 10:02 PM

I just have to jump in here. I agree with softness that this is all so much more difficult on the internet - trying to establish where many of the butches 'are' in regard to availability, level of interest, and so on. For me, I live in a virtual drought of the butch-femme dynamic so this medium is vital to me. Mostly, I like being in the mix of intelligent people who are bright, insightful, and often strongly opinionated. I thrive on these kinds of things. I just never know where or how how to go about saying, "Hey, I am interested in you" and not feel like an intruder. I respect privacy and certainly am wary of sharing too much too soon. But I ask...how do you tactfully, respectfully inquire about getting to know someone on a more personal level than all the frivolous stuff I seem to think I might have down to an art? And, no, 'U-Haul' is not in my vocabulary.

DapperButch
04-14-2010, 10:03 PM
well, Dapper, that would be ok as far as the guy goes, but we femmes have to consider other femmes too. Is it appropriate to flirt with someone that someone else is publicly wooing him to woo her? Even if you go to him privately, when it comes out later that you inquired, doesnt it make the femme look like she is a pirate of love? How does a femme not end up looking like a snooker hooker?

Well, I guess it would depend on the situation then...I don't really tend to notice this stuff on the threads, I guess...lol

I guess all I am saying is if you like someone, and by all accounts they appear to be available, tell them. Tell them that you do not know if they are available (if you don't know if they like someone else), but that if they are available, you would like to get to know them better. If they have something going on with someone else, then they need to be upfront about it.

If you do all things with integrity, then I don't see where you can go wrong.

Delish
04-14-2010, 10:06 PM

I like that!

Soft*Silver
04-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Well, I guess it would depend on the situation then...I don't really tend to notice this stuff on the threads, I guess...lol

I guess all I am saying is if you like someone, and by all accounts they appear to be available, tell them. Tell them that you do not know if they are available (if you don't know if they like someone else), but that if they are available, you would like to get to know them better. If they have something going on with someone else, then they need to be upfront about it.

oh me oh my o! You cant see where it can go wrong? mmmmm....lets say I like Mr O. Mr O is being publicly "admired" by Ms P. I, who I will refer to myself as Ms Q, steps in and says to Mr O...gee...I think you are swell. I know Ms O is interested in you but so am I. So Ms P then watches as Mr O and Ms Q (myself) engage in witty postings. OOOOO says Ms P...Ms Q is stepping in on my man! Doesnt she see how intent I am in my flirting? So Ms P goes to Ms Q and says Hey...I was here first. And Ms Q responds by saying, Hey I checked it out with Mr O and he says he likes me too. Upon which now Ms P boils because he was flirting with her and now he tells another woman she can flirt too? AND by Ms Q's own admission, she KNEW Ms P was interested in Mr O and went for him anyways???

So then all of Ms Ps friends get their panties in a bunch and start to pick apart any post Ms Q puts out there.

think not? Oh yeah...think again...

Jet
04-14-2010, 10:24 PM
I just have to jump in here. I agree with softness that this is all so much more difficult on the internet - trying to establish where many of the butches 'are' in regard to availability, level of interest, and so on. For me, I live in a virtual drought of the butch-femme dynamic so this medium is vital to me. Mostly, I like being in the mix of intelligent people who are bright, insightful, and often strongly opinionated. I thrive on these kinds of things. I just never know where or how how to go about saying, "Hey, I am interested in you" and not feel like an intruder. I respect privacy and certainly am wary of sharing too much too soon. But I ask...how do you tactfully, respectfully inquire about getting to know someone on a more personal level than all the frivolous stuff I seem to think I might have down to an art? And, no, 'U-Haul' is not in my vocabulary.

be direct, private and the classy woman that I know you to be. nice post, btw

Delish
04-14-2010, 10:28 PM
I understand what you are saying Softness. I have seen it done. Im not a jealous type person AT ALL and I say that if you are talking to someone online especially publicly, everything is up for interpretation. It shouldn't matter who talks to who IN MY OPINION as long as you and Mr O know where each other stands. OK its getting late...I hope that made sense lol

Gemme
04-15-2010, 12:33 PM
the question I posed was about someone who was dating someone else....interesting enough, Gemme assumed they were in a relationship. And Jet addressed it as if they werent. I love it! This was exactly what I expected! Dating someone doesnt automatically mean they are in a relationship. And it doesnt give anyone sole "rights" to the other person.When I date, I simply date. Like Jet says, I dont want to feel the "ball and chains". I am up front when I date more than one person at a time. Dating is DATING..not committment. But once I reach the level of intimacy, all other dating stops and I date only that one person I am intimate with. I am ok with someone dating other people while they date me...as long as, like Gemme says, the other person is aware he is dating both of us. I would NOT date someone, no matter how attractive or appealing they are, if they were intimate with someone else. Just not ok in my book.

I think we view others through our own looking glass. I am a flirt and I own that. I flirt with everyone from butches and femmes and Transguys on this site to little old ladies and sanitation workers. It's an integral part of me that must be accepted by anyone brave enough to make the choice of learning me on a deeper level.

However, I always let folks know where they stand with me in regards to their status with me. I want that directness for myself. I MUST know where I stand with someone. If they don't tell me otherwise, I assume we are just friends and that is where we stay until someone's brave enough to rock the proverbial boat.

I'm also a monogamist. Maybe that's why I saw a more intimate connection than others did. *shrug*

I had to chuckle at this question. I've been here and the U factor (the Unknown) can drive someone batty for no reason. As long as the butch's relationship status remains 'single' or something easily acknowledged at being single, then I think s/he's 'fair game' (sorry for the objectification, but...).

However, I would be very conscious of everyone's postings from that point out. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone else, especially if someone has much stronger feelings for a butch and my interest is just that, interest. I don't like getting in the middle of those kind of webs. They tangle and can strangle all participants very easily.

It's easy to say that. We are basically forced to trust others that we've never laid eyes on or shared air with in this medium. Not everyone is trustworthy and most of us know it, plus many are shy and hesitant from past relationships not working out. Please see the above post in regards to flirting. *grin* It comes more easily to some of us than others.

I'm going to use you for example, if you don't mind too much. Let's say I enjoy the way you write and the thoughts you've expressed here (which I do, btw). Let's say I like you in a way that could grow into something more, given the right circumstances. Looking at your status, it says busy. So, if I were interested in you, I would not bring that up. At all. Why? Because I don't know if you are busy with work or with a partner or just taking a break from intimacy right now and I'm not going to ask because then things would/might be weird between us from that point on. I would feel as if I screwed up a good online friendship for nothing, yanno? And if this situation ever came up again, I'd be even less tempted to say anything.

Hello, our 1000th member! :welcome:

I dont know, Liam, if I would. Because why is it my business if he is interested in her or not? Is he accountable to me? And what if he is interested in her? Does that make me a competitor if I am interested in him? Or cant he date both of us if he is interested in me too? And if he could, then what difference does it make if he is interested in her?

but then there is femme code of ethics too. Sometimes a femme doesnt like it when another femme walks into her range of interest. Some might want him all to herself. Then what? Risk the chance of being seen as a love harpy? Musing them over to her and away from other femmes?

and it is harder to work this out online than it is in real life? I vote its harder on line. In real life you can engage in so much more interface...and watch body language...and get the sideways looks that tell so much of whats going on or what going to go on...

Yes, yes, yes. Exactly.

Snooker hooker? New term for me. :blink:

I love your last line but that's where the issue lies. I have a lot of distrust for this medium. It's too easy to prey on someone and/or play them and that is where things start to get sticky. And, if someone is being purposely deceitful, then oh my. Snowball. Downhill. The ratio of emotional survivors drops significantly at that point.

I also think that femmes tend to think more about the feelings of other femmes and butches tend to think more about the feelings of other butches in situations like this. It's only natural, of course.

Ah, jeez. I hope this makes sense. I have three people hollering at me for the community computer, so I have to get off of here. If I'm not clear, I'll be back later for clarification.

Liam
04-15-2010, 03:42 PM

I have an appreciation for direct and forthright communication. It doesn't have anything to do with with me being accountable to anyone. If that isn't your style, it isn't your style. I guess if you are interested in someone, and you don't want to step on another femme's toes, then it is your business, but that is just how I see things.

DapperButch
04-15-2010, 07:09 PM
oh me oh my o! You cant see where it can go wrong? mmmmm....lets say I like Mr O. Mr O is being publicly "admired" by Ms P. I, who I will refer to myself as Ms Q, steps in and says to Mr O...gee...I think you are swell. I know Ms O is interested in you but so am I. So Ms P then watches as Mr O and Ms Q (myself) engage in witty postings. OOOOO says Ms P...Ms Q is stepping in on my man! Doesnt she see how intent I am in my flirting? So Ms P goes to Ms Q and says Hey...I was here first. And Ms Q responds by saying, Hey I checked it out with Mr O and he says he likes me too. Upon which now Ms P boils because he was flirting with her and now he tells another woman she can flirt too? AND by Ms Q's own admission, she KNEW Ms P was interested in Mr O and went for him anyways???

So then all of Ms Ps friends get their panties in a bunch and start to pick apart any post Ms Q puts out there.

think not? Oh yeah...think again...

Oh....I understand now....yeah, not such a lovely situation...:|

Jet
04-15-2010, 07:38 PM
]
Snooker hooker? New term for me. :blink:

that's funny

Jet
04-15-2010, 07:42 PM
I met someone on line and moved half way across the country only to end up with the disaster of my life. There were at least 15 variables that were part of being blindsided.

It'll never happen again.
And neither will any F&*%king relationship.

For that even alone I am anti------everything. And I trust absolutely NO ONE.

Delish
04-15-2010, 07:46 PM
I met someone on line and moved half way across the country only to end up with the disaster of my life. There were at least 15 variables that were part of being blindsided.

It'll never happen again.
And neither will any F&*%king relationship.

For that even alone I am anti------everything. And I trust absolutely NO ONE.

I can understand the hurt Jet but it's sad you trust no one and will end up alone...MY opinion doll. You do ur thing!

Jet
04-15-2010, 07:47 PM
I can understand the hurt Jet but it's sad you trust no one and will end up alone...MY opinion doll. You do ur thing!

No big deal. I'd rather be alone than have someone kick my trust down throat.
And you know what's ironic?
I've written my ideas of meeting and falling; my romanticism is written in

Pure Jet, Pure Fiction
Jet's .02 in OFOS Threads
The Dancer of Atlanta

All of these are truly me, my sensitive side....and what I really believe and feel....but there is no who will ever get that and that's what's sad

Delish
04-15-2010, 07:49 PM
No big deal. I'd rather be alone than have someone kick my trust down throat

not all of us are bad...just sayin

Leigh
04-15-2010, 07:56 PM
I just wanted to say hi to everyone, and wish you all a wonderful evening :)

morningstar55
04-15-2010, 08:29 PM
hellOo everyone. .... im soo pooped.. its been a long long day , driving all around NC did 2 loads and well ..... where are them cabana bois when a girl needs one.. my shoulders n back are soo stiff... *sigh*... gonna unwind here a bit and then head to bed.
id like to respond to the topic.. but right im to tired to even type this..
will come bk here in the morning... nites

Liam
04-21-2010, 05:28 PM
I enjoyed chatting with you last night, Delish! ;)

Delish
04-21-2010, 08:33 PM
I enjoyed chatting with you last night, Delish! ;)

I did too Liam. Thx for the company :)

Leigh
04-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Just wanted to say hi to everyone :)

Jet
04-21-2010, 09:44 PM
not all of us are bad...just sayin
really?...............

Delish
04-21-2010, 09:50 PM
really?...............

yep! Some of us are REAL! We know who we are, what we want and how to achieve without games. AGAIN..just sayn :cheesy:

~Bo
04-22-2010, 08:58 PM
yep! Some of us are REAL! We know who we are, what we want and how to achieve without games. AGAIN..just sayn :cheesy:

And what is it you want? :sunglass:

Leigh
04-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Evening everyone, just wanted to say hi to My bros as well as the beautiful ladies who love us :)

Gemme
04-25-2010, 02:17 AM
And what is it you want? :sunglass:

A Hawaiian blizzard would be lovely, thank you. :cheesy:

~Bo
04-25-2010, 06:24 PM

:blink:........

morningstar55
04-25-2010, 06:41 PM

...OMG!! that one is my most favorite:awww:.....lol that or banana split one.. lol.

Soft*Silver
04-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Breaden hun, no one has said hello back to you so let me...hiya baby! Its so nice you come in to say hello to us in here.

Delish..I agree with you. Not all of us are crazy people. Some of us can be trusted. I also know that sometimes we end up in bad relationships even tho both people are individually good people. For some reason, the mix of the two makes a horrible bad relationship.

So...in talking about mad hatter relationships...after leaving one, didnt the lines blur and reality get distorted? How do we let that happen? Why didnt we nip it in the bud before it got so HUGE and damaging? :freak:

Leigh
04-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Breaden hun, no one has said hello back to you so let me...hiya baby! Its so nice you come in to say hello to us in here.

Yeah, I've noticed that for the last two times I've said hi to the thread not one person (until you) has said hi to Me .......... am I chopped liver? whats up with that? :(

Gemme
04-26-2010, 01:43 AM
:blink:........

What? You asked what did I want and I told you. Don't ask if you aren't prepared to hear the answer. Now, chop chop....I'm still waiting on that yummy goodness. :tease:

morningstar55
04-26-2010, 04:30 AM
Yeah, I've noticed that for the last two times I've said hi to the thread not one person (until you) has said hi to Me .......... am I chopped liver? whats up with that? :(

mawning to all the singles here........
sorry Braedon....... that i missed u .. good morning...
hope you all have a great day...
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/morningstar1955/0827080840a.jpg

Delish
04-26-2010, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=softness;92243][I]Breaden hun, no one has said hello back to you so let me...hiya baby! Its so nice you come in to say hello to us in here.

Delish..I agree with you. Not all of us are crazy people. Some of us can be trusted. I also know that sometimes we end up in bad relationships even tho both people are individually good people. For some reason, the mix of the two makes a horrible bad relationship.

[COLOR="Red"]I am a realistic person. I personally don't get involved in a LD relationship or play online games. If you are over 3 hrs away it's hard to get to each other HELLO? Yes I flirt but I am single but yet not trying to lead people on. I LOVE dating! I love the old school ways when people got to know each other before they jumped into having that "relationship" status or moving in with each other. What happened to those days??? And why doesn't anyone like that live around me lol

Soft*Silver
04-26-2010, 01:02 PM
I too wonder why people dont date anymore! As soon as you go out, wham, they want to plant their shoes under the bed and their gutchies in a drawer. No thanks. At 53, I am D.O.N.E. with move ins. No one is going to live with me again. And personally, I would prefer a long distance dating than someone where I live. And yes, I can date long distance. I enjoy a car ride, have traveled by plane and train and bus (never again by bus!), as well as my dates have to come to see me. I dont want someone under foot all the time. I dont need someone in my bed, let alone on my couch 24/7. I have become a very independent woman these past two years. Now, if someone locally could keep my boundaries I set, then yeah, I would date them too, but my experience has been that once you date someone locally and go out more than 5 times together, everyone locally considers you off limits to anyone else. Now how can I date if everyone considers me "taken"?

I wonder if anyone else feels this way about dating long distance? I know I have had some people negate my long distance relationships as though they arent REAL relationships. Shame on them for being so narcissistic that only their way is the right way. I just shake my head and consider the source. Not everyone has the same needs. Not everyone has the same needs in relationships. Let alone in dating.

Some might argue its an expensive date if you have to buy a ticket and some might say there would be assumed sexual privelages right off the bat. I counter that 10 local dates could cost the same amount as a ticket. And no, there is no assumed sexual privelages! Yikes! Why not pass the plate around and take up a donation to just buy sex! Why bother with dating at all!!!!

~Bo
04-26-2010, 06:04 PM
What? You asked what did I want and I told you. Don't ask if you aren't prepared to hear the answer. Now, chop chop....I'm still waiting on that yummy goodness. :tease:

I asked what you want. I never said I'd fetch it for ya. :3stooges:

Gemme
04-27-2010, 01:30 AM
I asked what you want. I never said I'd fetch it for ya. :3stooges:

You are a brat and a tease, but mostly a brat.

~Bo
04-27-2010, 03:12 AM
You are a brat and a tease, but mostly a brat.

Am not!!!! :danglecarrot:

morningstar55
04-27-2010, 07:41 AM
good morning singles....... :bouquet:
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/morningstar1955/0725080604.jpg

Soft*Silver
04-27-2010, 08:18 AM
morning, Ms MorningStar...hope you have a glorious day driving out in the Spring today...

Gemme
04-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Am not!!!! :danglecarrot:

:eyebrow:

:cracked:

Soft*Silver
04-27-2010, 12:43 PM
talking to the silver hairs....how is dating different for you now, as opposed to your younger years? And talking to the younger ones...how do you think dating is different for you now than it was for someone a decade or more ago?

Liam
04-27-2010, 01:21 PM
talking to the silver hairs....how is dating different for you now, as opposed to your younger years? And talking to the younger ones...how do you think dating is different for you now than it was for someone a decade or more ago?

During my younger years, there were actually local women I could date. After living here for three years, I would have to say there aren't any local women I would date.

Jesse
07-28-2010, 10:33 AM
:Walks in and finds a comfy chair to relax in:

Hmmmm...seems this thread needs a good BUMP!

:yeahthat:

morningstar55
07-28-2010, 10:43 AM
:Walks in and finds a comfy chair to relax in:

Hmmmm...seems this thread needs a good BUMP!

:yeahthat:

........... hello .......Tranzman Sir :)
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/morningstar1955/wine-1.jpg

Jesse
07-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Hello Morningstar

morningstar55
07-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Hello Morningstar

.jest trying to help with some of your bumping here.... hehe

dark_crystal
07-28-2010, 11:47 AM
soon as you go out, wham, they want to plant their shoes under the bed and their gutchies in a drawer.

what are gutchies?

Sweepea
08-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Hi, I am single and a femme---lol have no clue what I am doing-- but here goes....

lipstixgal
08-18-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm single too but not FTM's or butches here in NJ that I know of..

hot-not
08-30-2010, 01:06 AM
Hi Aall. We are having a mini gathering in Minneapolis Oct 22 - 24, 2010 and I am here to recruit. Of course as a single femme I am very happy to invite single FTM/butches. At the same time, there are quite a few single butches/FTMs coming to the little bash and there appears to be a slight shortage of single femmes coming at this time. Well i just felt that single femmes should know about this opportunity . We are in the planning stages but please feel free to im me for more info and let me know if your interested in coming.

April; aka hot-not

sylvie
09-28-2010, 12:59 PM
hi everyone :-)

just running through quick and waving hello to all ..
and bumping this thread!

little man
09-28-2010, 05:14 PM
I too wonder why people dont date anymore! As soon as you go out, wham, they want to plant their shoes under the bed and their gutchies in a drawer. No thanks. At 53, I am D.O.N.E. with move ins. No one is going to live with me again. And personally, I would prefer a long distance dating than someone where I live. And yes, I can date long distance. I enjoy a car ride, have traveled by plane and train and bus (never again by bus!), as well as my dates have to come to see me. I dont want someone under foot all the time. I dont need someone in my bed, let alone on my couch 24/7. I have become a very independent woman these past two years. Now, if someone locally could keep my boundaries I set, then yeah, I would date them too, but my experience has been that once you date someone locally and go out more than 5 times together, everyone locally considers you off limits to anyone else. Now how can I date if everyone considers me "taken"?

I wonder if anyone else feels this way about dating long distance? I know I have had some people negate my long distance relationships as though they arent REAL relationships. Shame on them for being so narcissistic that only their way is the right way. I just shake my head and consider the source. Not everyone has the same needs. Not everyone has the same needs in relationships. Let alone in dating.

Some might argue its an expensive date if you have to buy a ticket and some might say there would be assumed sexual privelages right off the bat. I counter that 10 local dates could cost the same amount as a ticket. And no, there is no assumed sexual privelages! Yikes! Why not pass the plate around and take up a donation to just buy sex! Why bother with dating at all!!!!

i would agree, that dating is a long lost art. it does seem that "dating" someone means you're off the market. if you date more than one person, you're automatically a player. wtf?

i would also agree on the LDR issue, as well. i don't know that i'm suitable for cohabitation any more. maybe, but maybe not. i'm more interested in finding someone who has a life and wants to make a little room for me...not someone looking to be "completed" by another. hell, i'm at the doorstep of 53 and don't have the time (nor the interest) in games...

at this stage, sex is a bonus. i'm more interested in companionship and good conversation...someone i whose company i enjoy. the chasing my dick days are behind me, i think...although the right person might have me chasing them. :)

these are great points, thanks for bringing them up.

Leigh
09-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Just coming in to say hi to everyone :)

atomiczombie
09-28-2010, 06:45 PM
:nothingtoadd:

sylvie
10-21-2010, 07:13 AM
passing through to say hello again..
this thread doesn't get used enough!

maybe we need to throw a party and have some fun in here, heh

MaggieBluIze
10-21-2010, 07:18 AM
Ooooooh Yes!!!!!
Let's have a party!!!!!!!

Morning Everyone!!!!!

:crowd-surf:
:party:
:danceparty:

sylvie
10-21-2010, 07:27 AM
*hauls out the ticklebox of decorations and gets the music*
woohooo, glad someone is in with me!!

morning Maggie!

MaggieBluIze
10-21-2010, 09:00 AM
*hauls out the ticklebox of decorations and gets the music*
woohooo, glad someone is in with me!!

morning Maggie!

Ticklebox? Love it!!! Great name!!!
I'm in and hoping others will join us!!!
If not, well, we will make it super fabulous for us!!!!!!

paposeco
10-21-2010, 09:18 AM
Hi everyone, just zoomin' by...sippin' coffee and thinking, that I'm ready to date again, but not so much into the LDR thing...been there done that..not going to say "never" but....
Y'all have a great day.

sylvie
10-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Ticklebox? Love it!!! Great name!!!
I'm in and hoping others will join us!!!
If not, well, we will make it super fabulous for us!!!!!!

fabulous for us it may very well be!
but, maybe others will get jealous and follow us in... *points to the ticklebox* it's fulla goodies!

sylvie
10-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Hi everyone, just zoomin' by...sippin' coffee and thinking, that I'm ready to date again, but not so much into the LDR thing...been there done that..not going to say "never" but....
Y'all have a great day.

welcome !! *waves*
hope you had a great day too!

MaggieBluIze
10-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day and make some beautiful memories this weekend!!!!

Spoon
11-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Single Femme-ish here to *bump* this thread! Hi, everyone!

MaggieBluIze
11-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Yay!!!!!
Thanks!!!!
Gonna *Bump Bump Bump* with you!!!!
Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

MaggieBluIze
11-05-2010, 09:29 AM
TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Fabulous Friday Everyone!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day and make lots of memories this weekend!!!

:kissy:

Jesse
11-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!

Make it Freaky

Make it Fabulous

Make it how you want it to be! :)

MaggieBluIze
11-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!

Make it Freaky

Make it Fabulous

Make it how you want it to be! :)

YES!!!!!

Exactly!!!!!

I agree 100%!!! :)

paposeco
11-05-2010, 11:14 AM
TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Fabulous Friday Everyone!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day and make lots of memories this weekend!!!

:kissy:

You too Maggie:rrose:

MaggieBluIze
11-05-2010, 11:18 AM
You too Maggie:rrose:

Thanks!!!!! :eyebat::smelling-flower:

I will do my best to make sure this happens!!!! :)

Jesse
11-11-2010, 02:12 PM
:knocking the cobwebs out of the doorway: Helloooooo! Anyone home here?

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 02:14 PM
*cough cough* Thanks for doing that!!

*waves* I am! I am!!! :)

Hellllooooo!!!!! :) :)

Jesse
11-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Heya Maggie :) How's life treating you today?

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Life is very good, thank you! :)

I'm off, being lazy and loving it!! :)

How about you?

Sure is quiet in here, isn't it. Hopefully we can get it going again! ;)

Jesse
11-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Hopefully, I will make myself clean my bedroom today. I moved the furniture around the other day, and now need to put stuff back where it lives. :)

Yes, this thread is eerily quiet. Not real sure why there are two separate singles threads anyway. ?

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 02:28 PM
I was thinking I needed to do that today, but then I decided that no I don't. This is my day off and I'm going to have it be my day off from cleaning too. LOL

I was wondering the same too, other than maybe people just wanted it to be more clarified, maybe. :confused: So ... I try to be in both. :)

Jesse
11-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Good for you :)

Yes, and this is why I do not post in that one except for a generic hello on occasion. I do not wish to step across others boundaries.

Then again, this thread seems as though it is up for foreclosure! lol

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 02:37 PM
I truly don't feel that you would be stepping over any boundries, not at all. But then, that's just my opinion. I've seen others in there and they just simply ask. I know I don't mind stating what my dating preferences are.

This one does seem to need a little livening up!!!

I know there is more out there than just us ... Right????? :)

JustLovelyJenn
11-11-2010, 02:38 PM
OOooOOoOoOooOOooOOOOO....

Why am I not subscribed to THIS thread yet????

Hi, everyone!

Jesse
11-11-2010, 02:39 PM
One can only hope! lol

What we need is some music to pull them in with...

perhaps some good food as well. Hmm...

Jesse
11-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Hi Jenn! :)

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Jenn!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy you're here!!!

See, you just mention music and food and we get another to join us!!!

JustLovelyJenn
11-11-2010, 02:46 PM
mmmm... I'm all about the music and food!! Wheres the kitchen? I'll cook!!

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 02:50 PM
mmmm... I'm all about the music and food!! Wheres the kitchen? I'll cook!!

Well aren't you just a special treasure ...
I know you are sick and not feeling well but yet still offer to cook!!!

JustLovelyJenn
11-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Well aren't you just a special treasure ...
I know you are sick and not feeling well but yet still offer to cook!!!

A CLEAN kitchen to play in is one of my happy places!

Jesse
11-11-2010, 03:00 PM
I am also a great cook, and can either cook or help cook. I agree with you Jenn, it is a happy place. :) For me, cooking is my creative outlet.

I am probably not the one to pick the music however, because my tastes there are likely very different from many. Lol!

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 03:10 PM
I use to enjoy the kitchen ... It was special time to work as a well oiled team, truly talk, drink wine, laugh, have some special time together ... Now I don't go in there much at all. Miss moments like that.

Just like most other things ... One day. :praying:

JustLovelyJenn
11-11-2010, 03:10 PM
I am also a great cook, and can either cook or help cook. I agree with you Jenn, it is a happy place. :) For me, cooking is my creative outlet.

I am probably not the one to pick the music however, because my tastes there are likely very different from many. Lol!

I listen to everything, so I don't care.

BUT... I would LOVE to share the kitchen with you Tranzman!!

Jesse
11-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Thanks Jenn, same here. It is much more enjoyable being in the kitchen with someone who actually enjoys it.

I do agree Maggie, it is not so much fun at times doing these things alone or when no one else is around to enjoy them. I make myself cook just for me as a way of self nurturing though and that helps a lot.

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Taking care of YOU is a very important thing to do!

So, my cooking friends ... What's on the menu for today????

And out of curiosity, what kinds of music do y'all like? :)

JustLovelyJenn
11-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Maggie, if you put it on I will listen to it!

And... today... I goats cheese pizza that I made last night and reheated.

Cressant crust
Fresh pizza sauce with herbs and marinated artichoke hearts
Sliced garlic
Sausage
Mushroom
Tomatoes

Jesse
11-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I can throw a slab or two of baby backs on the grill to get started. If that does not bring folks in, I don't know what will.

Jesse
11-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Yum! I love goat cheese

JustLovelyJenn
11-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Mmmmmm.... I am envious. Grilling is the one cooking skill I lack. However... I do miss coming up behind the person at the grill, wrapping my arms around their waist and kissing their shoulders.

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Maggie, if you put it on I will listen to it!

And... today... I goats cheese pizza that I made last night and reheated.

Cressant crust
Fresh pizza sauce with herbs and marinated artichoke hearts
Sliced garlic
Sausage
Mushroom
Tomatoes

Um, YES, please may I have some!!!!!!!!!
Yummmmmmmmmmm!!!!

I can throw a slab or two of baby backs on the grill to get started. If that does not bring folks in, I don't know what will.

Honey, you are talking to a Southern girl ... Seriously, if that doesn't do, I don't think anything will ... That is a smell that should draw them in from all over and if not, then that's more for the 3 of us!!! :)

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Mmmmmm.... I am envious. Grilling is the one cooking skill I lack. However... I do miss coming up behind the person at the grill, wrapping my arms around their waist and kissing their shoulders.

Yes ma'am ... That is an exceptionally wonderful part of grilling!!! I could not agree more! :)

Jesse
11-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Grilling is just cooking, that's all really. If you can cook on a gas stove, you can grill. :)

Yes! Of course we may get a lot of southerners in here, but the more the merrier. Besides, we are here and that matters! :hangloose:

Thinking we should eat the pizza now though...all of this talk about food is making me hungry!

Oh and where is the music Maggie?

Jesse
11-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Can't say as I've ever experienced this. Thinking it would be nice though.

Yes ma'am ... That is an exceptionally wonderful part of grilling!!! I could not agree more! :)

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Can't say as I've ever experienced this. Thinking it would be nice though.

I'm gonna take a chance here and say that you can much pretty count on it being something you would enjoy! I would think! ;)

Jesse
11-11-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm thinking the same. In fact, I know I would. Just seems I am always out there alone grilling, while my partner might be in the house preparing something to go with it.

JustLovelyJenn
11-11-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm gonna take a chance here and say that you can much pretty count on it being something you would enjoy! I would think! ;)

Yeah... I dont think I have ever heard anyone complain about this.

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Grilling is just cooking, that's all really. If you can cook on a gas stove, you can grill. :)

Yes! Of course we may get a lot of southerners in here, but the more the merrier. Besides, we are here and that matters! :hangloose:

Thinking we should eat the pizza now though...all of this talk about food is making me hungry!

Oh and where is the music Maggie?

LOL Me too!!!! I know I'm ready for some good food!! :)

Hmmmmmm ... Let's see ...

l2UAy0rV8DI

This will have to do since everyone seems to have no preference... Resisted put on some country. ;)

JustLovelyJenn
11-11-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm thinking the same. In fact, I know I would. Just seems I am always out there alone grilling, while my partner might be in the house preparing something to go with it.

I have been known to make an extra trip out to the grill JUST to be able to do this.

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 04:05 PM

Yeah... I dont think I have ever heard anyone complain about this.

I have been known to make an extra trip out to the grill JUST to be able to do this.

You ALWAYS have to make time for those special kind of moments!!! They are so very worth the tiny bit of effort it takes!

Jesse
11-11-2010, 04:05 PM
See? That's hot, hope it was appreciated. ;)

Jesse
11-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Nice music Maggie, I've never heard that song before.

So speaking of appreciation, what makes you feel appreciated by a guy?

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 04:19 PM
See? That's hot, hope it was appreciated. ;)

Thanks!!! So glad it pleases you! :)

Okay, since you asked ... I personally have only been with one person that showed appreciation for who/how I am/was ... All others, unfortunately, just got to where things were expected cause it is part of who I am. I'm not too sure that made any sense.

So ... What makes me feel appreciated ... Simple gestures, a few sweet words, simple little things that show I'm on your mind ... I don't expect constant gushing, but just those little things that just make it to where you just know, are so very appreciated and cherished.

(thinking my brain isn't coming out w/words that are very clear today :confused:) :)

JustLovelyJenn
11-11-2010, 04:25 PM

Alright... well, this can vary from person to person, of course... but its the little things.

Remembering what I put in my coffee
Kissing me cheek when they leave a room, or enter it
Saying thank you

Yeah.... the little things.

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Okay, my post brought this song into my head ... I actually truly enjoy this song.

eCP2r79xL9g

And then of course, and oldie but definite goodie ... Which fits the feeling of your question ...

(LOL Since I'm in charge of music) ;)

J9CeNo4Q7p0

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Alright... well, this can vary from person to person, of course... but its the little things.

Remembering what I put in my coffee
Kissing me cheek when they leave a room, or enter it
Saying thank you

Yeah.... the little things.

Exactly!!!!!!!
(f)(f)(f)(f)(f)(f)

Jesse
11-11-2010, 04:30 PM
All very simple things :) Which makes me wonder why sometimes people have such difficulty showing appreciation to their partner.

For me, a big thing is that a person take the time to listen to what I have to say, and even asking me what my opinions or feelings are about a thing, rather than have a conversation inside their own head that involves assuming I would think or feel a certain way. So I guess it could be said I feel more appreciated when a person takes the time to communicate openly with me.

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 04:37 PM
All very simple things :) Which makes me wonder why sometimes people have such difficulty showing appreciation to their partner.

For me, a big thing is that a person take the time to listen to what I have to say, and even asking me what my opinions or feelings are about a thing, rather than have a conversation inside their own head that involves assuming I would think or feel a certain way. So I guess it could be said I feel more appreciated when a person takes the time to communicate openly with me.

Of course you do ...
I, personally, think that should always be part of a relationship.
I would think, hope, that most feel the same way.
I count on the person I am with being a part of my thoughts and things going on inside of my head. Them being a part of processing things. Thinking things through. And then, of course, just be a part of the normal, everyday, regular stuff too.

JustLovelyJenn
11-11-2010, 04:39 PM

I couldnt agree more, and I think I would have to add this too my list. Even when someone does the little things, sometimes they forget to talk.... and listen.

Jesse
11-11-2010, 06:00 PM
LMAO! I was just in the kitchen making cole slaw for the slaw dogs I am having for dinner tonight, and found myself thinking, "Boy this slaw sure is going to be good with those ribs!" :|

MaggieBluIze
11-11-2010, 06:34 PM
LMAO! I was just in the kitchen making cole slaw for the slaw dogs I am having for dinner tonight, and found myself thinking, "Boy this slaw sure is going to be good with those ribs!" :|

LOL OMG!!!!!!! LOVE it!!!!!!!!

Thank you so very much for sharing!!!!!!!

I needed this ... Too funny ... This makes my night!!!!

morningstar55
11-12-2010, 06:52 AM
good morning singles
breakfast is on me... :)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/morningstar1955/60664474_21544412e9.jpg

atomiczombie
11-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Hey ladies and gents, have a good day! :)

MaggieBluIze
11-12-2010, 12:38 PM
good morning singles
breakfast is on me... :)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/morningstar1955/60664474_21544412e9.jpg

OMG that looks so good!!!!! Yummmmm and YES Please!!!!!!!

I have like a minute to get in here and say hello ... So ...

HELLO Everyone Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Work is out of control today, so will not be in much, if at all. :(

Have a great one!!!!! Can't wait to get more time w/y'all this weekend.

:bunchflowers: