Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 05-02-2019, 06:32 PM   #1
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation
Default GOT fans: Who Will Kill Cercei Lannister? Predictions?

SPOILERS SPOILERS

There's the green-eyes theory that Arya Stark will kill her since Melisandre prophesied she would kill folk with brown, blue and green eyes. With the Night King, she made her blue eyed kill, and I'm sure a number of folks she's killed have had brown eyes. So, that leaves green eyes, which Cercei has. And, of course, Cercei is at the top of Arya's kill list.

I think if Cercei weren't pregnant, it would be Jaime, kind of lovingly putting her down. But since she is pregnant, that makes it less likely. I also think that makes suicide less likely.

Perhaps she won't be killed although that seems so unlikely.

Thoughts, predictions?
Old 05-02-2019, 07:28 PM   #2
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
SPOILERS SPOILERS

There's the green-eyes theory that Arya Stark will kill her since Melisandre prophesied she would kill folk with brown, blue and green eyes. With the Night King, she made her blue eyed kill, and I'm sure a number of folks she's killed have had brown eyes. So, that leaves green eyes, which Cercei has. And, of course, Cercei is at the top of Arya's kill list.

I think if Cercei weren't pregnant, it would be Jaime, kind of lovingly putting her down. But since she is pregnant, that makes it less likely. I also think that makes suicide less likely.

Perhaps she won't be killed although that seems so unlikely.

Thoughts, predictions?

SPOILER ALERT

I didn't remember Melisandre's prediction... lol (thanks)....haha
The Long Night was so dark... had trouble seeing what was going on in the battle.

So, the prophecy of Melisandre was:

"I see a darkness in you,” she says. “And in that darkness, eyes starring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes. Eyes you’ll shut forever. We will meet again."

So Arya killed the Night King (blue eyes).

As per brown eyes: "The brown eyes may well refer to somebody who has already been killed, Walder Frey - who was murdered by Arya along with every male member of his house - had brown eyes, as did Meryn Trant."

But then again, it may refer to Jaime.

Now, there is another theory that Arya kills Jaime who has green eyes, and then uses his face to kill Cersei, as per the other prophecy by the Witch Maggy telling Cersei: "And when your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you." Valonqar refers to the 'little brother'.

It would be perfect catharsis for Arya (using Jaime's face) to kill Cersei.

Reminds me of Dallas (as in who killed J.R.?)
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2019, 09:12 PM   #3
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Ooooooo. Well if it's little brother, then it could be Tyrion. Seems a bit excessive after he killed their father, but there is no love lost there. I can imagine her losing her mind and going after him and him defending himself.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:55 AM   #4
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,588 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

This is interesting, bc i feel like Daenarys is going to die?

So maybe there will be a showdown between Cersei and Daenarys in which Cersie mortally wounds Daenarys but Daenarys still kills her on the way to bleeding out. Kind of like what Lady Mormont did with the giant.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:01 AM   #5
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Tyrion & Jaime

Quote:
Ooooooo. Well if it's little brother, then it could be Tyrion. Seems a bit excessive after he killed their father, but there is no love lost there. I can imagine her losing her mind and going after him and him defending himself.

SPOILER ALERT

Ooooohhhh, you may very well be right re: Tyrion

However, after the night battle, many of the allied soldiers were killed; so, I wondered how could they launch against Cersei, when their own troops were so decimated. Somehow, someone fairly trusted would have to get that close to Cersei and walk into her fortress without being stopped so as to do the dirty deed. Tyrion would have trouble doing that, since Cersei would have him killed on sight as he is so recognizable. But, Jaime wouldn't have any trouble getting into King's Landing. It may be that the allied forces ask Jaime to go back and kill Cersei, and he refuses... Cersei was born the first of the twins. Jaime was born shortly after his twin sister Cersei, while holding her foot. So, Jaime is a younger brother.

Like in Kill Bill, Arya is the only one with a kill list which she whispered to herself each night. I still think that it will be Arya who will be the one who actually avenges her father's death. She is THE ULTIMATE AVENGER. I really do like the theory about her killing Jaime, and then using his face to get to Cersei. It is like Ulysses tricking his way into Troy with the Trojan Horse. There just aren't that many classic myths in that kind of literature.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2019, 07:12 AM   #6
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Apparently there has been some fan opposition to Arya having been the one to kill the Night King, as if she doesn't deserve it. Clearly the same group of emotionally stunted males who hated Catelyn Stark for being mean to Jon Snow. (I didn't love her either, but hate? Get a life.)
Old 05-03-2019, 07:19 AM   #7
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
Kind of like what Lady Mormont did with the giant.
Lord. More eyeball horror courtesy of GOT.

That girl rocked though.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:30 AM   #8
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

I really hope Dany doesn't die, btw. I want to see her and Jon Snow scooched together on the Iron Throne. Second choice is Tyrion although he has no real claim. Gendry does, but I'm not seeing it. Arya would make one scary ass Queen Consort though.

Re the original question, I am thinking Tyrion now, who also dies as a result of the fight with his sister.

I do think we're going to lose Tyrion. I don't think the fans could take losing both Dany AND Tyrion though, so I think she'll survive. And if she survives, she'll rule.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:58 AM   #9
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I really hope Dany doesn't die, btw. I want to see her and Jon Snow scooched together on the Iron Throne. Second choice is Tyrion although he has no real claim. Gendry does, but I'm not seeing it. Arya would make one scary ass Queen Consort though.

Re the original question, I am thinking Tyrion now, who also dies as a result of the fight with his sister.

I do think we're going to lose Tyrion. I don't think the fans could take losing both Dany AND Tyrion though, so I think she'll survive. And if she survives, she'll rule.
I think Tyrion will survive. In the books, there is a sense that he is the main character, in my reading. I think he will be the one we see walking off into the sunset in the last scene, possibly with wife Sansa. Maybe breaking the fourth wall or speaking in voiceover to provide a final frame around everything that has happened

I would not be surprised if Arya dies. She has made her life about vengeance and there would be no place for that spirit in the peacetime world that should be the end result of all this struggle.

Other survival predictions (since we're here)...

Survives:
  • Tyrion
  • Sansa
  • Jon
  • Bronn
  • Sam

Dies:
  • Dany
  • Arya
  • Jaime
  • Cersei
  • Brienne
  • Bran
  • Davos
  • The Hound
  • Varys
Old 05-04-2019, 07:13 AM   #10
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Quote:

I could see leaving Dany and Jon alive to get married and leave the door open for another series where they are somehow unable to stop themselves from repeating the patterns of Jaime and Cersei, as that incestuous union seems to be the "original sin" of this story. That would fit the moral ambiguity that is the gimmick of these books.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:57 AM   #11
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

That's true. She is his Aunt.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:03 AM   #12
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Why does Varys have to die? He so deserves a reward. He's been right a number of times when most of the characters get most things wrong. Plus he's worked so hard for a just Kingdom. If we end up with that, he ought to share in the outcome. I love him. I loved that exchange when he asked Tyrion why he makes eunich jokes when he is offended by dwarf jokes. So anachronistic, but so funny.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:45 AM   #13
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Why does Varys have to die? He so deserves a reward. He's been right a number of times when most of the characters get most things wrong. Plus he's worked so hard for a just Kingdom. If we end up with that, he ought to share in the outcome. I love him. I loved that exchange when he asked Tyrion why he makes eunich jokes when he is offended by dwarf jokes. So anachronistic, but so funny.
I just think it would be very on-brand for George R.R. Martin.

The thing that makes the series so addictive is that anybody can die. When they killed Sansa's puppy in episode two they sent the message that nobody is safe no matter how innocent or virtuous. I think only the barest handful of "good" characters will survive.

GRRM will only save minimum amount possible, just enough to still have a semi-catharsis at the end, which catharsis will nevertheless be heavily steeped in irony and martyrdom.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:57 AM   #14
hagster

How Do You Identify?:
Nothing to see here, folks.
Relationship Status:
prison lesbian

hagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputation

I love this thread! I can't be definitive on my Cersei prediction (mostly because I love the uncertainty of all possibilities) but I think it will be Jaime or The Mountain; I'm not ruling out Sansa though. Cersei's ordered Jaime to be killed if he returns and I don't know why Sansa would leave Winterfell to travel south but there has been much in this series I didn't see coming. What the hell is The Mountain now anyway, a zombie? I don't trust his blind allegiance to Cersei's safety.

I think Varys will live to see the final outcome, but I do think Jon will kill Daenarys when she flips into the justice-driven madness that I think is her fate. Will Jon survive? I can see him dying once he's fulfilled his purpose of being brought back to life by saving the kingdoms from Dany. If this were to happen, who would take the throne? I don't know! Tyrion? I don't see Gendry sitting there. Sansa? No idea how!

After the Battle of Winterfell, I question the GoT philosophy that any big name can die. Cersei must and I believe Daenarys will, but to wipe out the majority of the cast with just 3 episodes to go would be overwhelming unimaginable to me. That being said, I've read that there's an episode still to come that's even bigger than the one we just saw. I love this show!!
hagster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hagster For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2019, 12:36 PM   #15
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

I heard that George RR Martin's wife threatened to divorce him if Arya dies.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:45 PM   #16
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagster View Post
What the hell is The Mountain now anyway, a zombie? I don't trust his blind allegiance to Cersei's safety.
There's got to be another throwdown between The Mountain and The Hound. Just has to be.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:40 PM   #17
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
After the Battle of Winterfell, I question the GoT philosophy that any big name can die.
Good point. I expected more deaths from Battle of Winterfell, and i expected at least one of the "big eight" (Dany, Jon/Sansa/Arya/Bran, Jaime/Tyrion/Cersei) to die. They did not and this was off-brand IMO
Old 05-04-2019, 01:42 PM   #18
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I love this thread! I can't be definitive on my Cersei prediction (mostly because I love the uncertainty of all possibilities) but I think it will be Jaime or The Mountain; I'm not ruling out Sansa though. Cersei's ordered Jaime to be killed if he returns and I don't know why Sansa would leave Winterfell to travel south but there has been much in this series I didn't see coming. What the hell is The Mountain now anyway, a zombie? I don't trust his blind allegiance to Cersei's safety.

I think Varys will live to see the final outcome, but I do think Jon will kill Daenarys when she flips into the justice-driven madness that I think is her fate. Will Jon survive? I can see him dying once he's fulfilled his purpose of being brought back to life by saving the kingdoms from Dany. If this were to happen, who would take the throne?
Dany gotta live long enough to birth Jon's baby
Old 05-04-2019, 03:47 PM   #19
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
I think Tyrion will survive. In the books, there is a sense that he is the main character, in my reading. I think he will be the one we see walking off into the sunset in the last scene, possibly with wife Sansa. Maybe breaking the fourth wall or speaking in voiceover to provide a final frame around everything that has happened

I would not be surprised if Arya dies. She has made her life about vengeance and there would be no place for that spirit in the peacetime world that should be the end result of all this struggle.

Other survival predictions (since we're here)...

Survives:
  • Tyrion
  • Sansa
  • Jon
  • Bronn
  • Sam

Dies:
  • Dany
  • Arya
  • Jaime
  • Cersei
  • Brienne
  • Bran
  • Davos
  • The Hound
  • Varys
Ohhhh, I hope I hope I hope you are wrong. I adore Arya. She's my favorite character and the one I feel has made the most growth throughout the series.

Quote:
I heard that George RR Martin's wife threatened to divorce him if Arya dies.
If that's true, I like that woman.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2019, 04:17 PM   #20
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

If that's true, I like that woman.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/57230...rk-sisters-die