Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 05-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
I am a certified interpreter in San Diego! Yay! I love meeting deaf/hoh/interpreters/allies as well! Hugs!
I really can't count the number of interpreters I've had.

But...

As I've gotten older, I've realized something I forgot to tell most of my interpreters...

Thanks.
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonK View Post
I really can't count the number of interpreters I've had.

But...

As I've gotten older, I've realized something I forgot to tell most of my interpreters...

Thanks.
Haha! Thanks DamonK! Hugs!

I'd be more than happy to interpret at the reunion if anyone going needs an interpreter! Just grab me!

Smiles!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Haha! Thanks DamonK! Hugs!

I'd be more than happy to interpret at the reunion if anyone going needs an interpreter! Just grab me!

Smiles!
You and Jenny are hired!! I know it would make it much more comfortable for Damon. We had a very hard time at the coffee klatsch. He missed alot of funny things.

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I saw this last night, but the storms kept me from posting because I wanted to shut down my computer.

Jennifer, it was nice of you to start this thread. You are one of those people that knows I have hearing loss and have always been good about repeating yourself without a problem, if I didn't catch all you said when we get to hang out at the reunions.

Someday, I'll be able to afford at least one hearing aid or will eventually live in a state that does require insurance to cover them. Did any of you know that only 4 states make the insurance companies cover hearing aids? How sad it is when you have insurance and know you can't use it for something as important as hearing. I know there are places that can help a person get a hearing aid, but you still have to pay something out of pocket and right now, for me, it's not doable.

Anyhow, I'll be following this thread because I think it's important to those of us that are either deaf or have hearing loss.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I saw this last night, but the storms kept me from posting because I wanted to shut down my computer.

Jennifer, it was nice of you to start this thread. You are one of those people that knows I have hearing loss and have always been good about repeating yourself without a problem, if I didn't catch all you said when we get to hang out at the reunions.

Someday, I'll be able to afford at least one hearing aid or will eventually live in a state that does require insurance to cover them. Did any of you know that only 4 states make the insurance companies cover hearing aids? How sad it is when you have insurance and know you can't use it for something as important as hearing. I know there are places that can help a person get a hearing aid, but you still have to pay something out of pocket and right now, for me, it's not doable.

Anyhow, I'll be following this thread because I think it's important to those of us that are either deaf or have hearing loss.

Wolfy,find a deaf action center they will do exams free then put you on a free hearing aid list,then you should qulify for a teletalker phone for the deaf,I have one and its really good as you can ajust the vollum to suit yourself.Warning if they talk you into a doorbbell system the tone will drive you nuts,I disabled mine because of the light that blinked all over the house and tone was awful.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

What state do you live in? I can find out what resources are available if you want.

Smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post

Starry
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #7
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Wolfy,find a deaf action center they will do exams free then put you on a free hearing aid list,then you should qulify for a teletalker phone for the deaf,I have one and its really good as you can ajust the vollum to suit yourself.Warning if they talk you into a doorbbell system the tone will drive you nuts,I disabled mine because of the light that blinked all over the house and tone was awful.
Quote:
What state do you live in? I can find out what resources are available if you want.

Smiles

Rockin, my ex bought me a bell with a light and ringer...so, no one can talk me into a doorbell system, lol.
Since almost everything I do is in my bedroom, it's plugged in and hanging on my wall there.

Starry, I live in Oklahoma and if you could it would be great.
My problem, is setting an appointment and being able to hear them on the phone.
Most everything I do involves some form of typing..ie, text, email, IM, PM and old fashioned snail mail.
I talk to a few people via phone, but they are friends or family and speak loud, slow and clear for me.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Wolfy- check out this link.

http://www.ok.gov/abletech/Resources...f-Hearing.html

All of these places should be equipped with email or text. Also, check out the VCO teletype phones. You can use your own voice to speak on the phone, but an operator will type everything out for you on a readable screen so don't have To depend on just listening.

Also, check out your states DOR (department of rehabilitation) center. A VR counselor can get your free hearing aids, help with assistive technology and other things.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything else.

Starry
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post: