Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 06-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #981
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

The dreaded phone call came on Friday.

"We need you to come back for a follow-up as the Pap results showed some atypical cells. Doc wants to do a Colposcopy"

A what?? I can come in tomorrow, I mean Monday"

"The first appointment we have available is on the 19th at 7:00AM, and in case he needs to do a biopsy it will be done at that time." ...
What is a colposcopy anyway? ......as I am Googling it...Endometrial cancer, follow-ups for atypical cells, a magnifying light, acetic acid...oy vey*

as the Nurse is saying ....These things are just routine, and negative 9 times out of 10, just a little burning, and uncomfortable cramps possibly for a day or two and..... as my mind wandered off to the beach.

Who the hell can call this routine after 9 years of negative pap smears /post total radical hysterectomy with 16 lymph nodes donated to science***I thought it was "my prostate" surgery in the first place.

I hate waiting. So, to wile away the team, so I gessoed a huge canvas...
Hmmm. either a peaceful landscape or a rolling stormy seascape 3 X 4 feet
Hey Tommi, It really sucks to have to wait til the 19 for that procedure. I am holding very positive thoughts for you from now until you are done and have great good news from the tests. Jeano
Old 06-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #982
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

(((((((((JeanOOOoo))))) big thanks
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2013, 12:43 AM   #983
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,648 Times in 6,280 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thank you for this post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post

Thank you Andrew for starting this thread
As a caregiver I want to post and to enlighten those who've never dealt with Cancer or any other long term chronic illness.
Your caregiver is the one who, gets every imaginable throwback, the happy days, sad days, angry days,
the I don't want to go on days and the days.
The days with good news, bad news and no news.
If there is a change we are there, we clean and cook,
we bathe and care for our loved ones.
Out of love, we are there.
We allow them to shed tears even when we hide our own,
we laugh, we share and in the most heart breaking cases
we watch them cross over.

We are tired, worn out sleep deprived but we march on.
They depend on us, for we are their Nurses, their Pharmacy, their Cooks, their Transporters and their advocate,
we get things done when they cannot. They trust us and confide in us
and we stay strong for them, giving them encouragement even on the darkest days.
Not every Cancer patient has multiple caregivers,
so when people think that caregiver is short, or curt, flighty, in a hurry.
Give some consideration they might be on day three, with only six hours of sleep, in 72 hours and multitasking to no end just to make sure their loved ones get the care they so richly deserve.
I could have never said this more eloquently than you did, Spirit Dancer...
I am the caregiver for my Mom who has multiple myeloma. There will be no remission for her... just keeping her quality of life as best as it can be....
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #984
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
I could have never said this more eloquently than you did, Spirit Dancer...
I am the caregiver for my Mom who has multiple myeloma. There will be no remission for her... just keeping her quality of life as best as it can be....
Genesis,
Sending Best wishes and sharing some strength with you. Sorry to hear about your Mom's condition. Knowing she has love and someone to listen and care are the gifts you can give. Please come back and let us know how you are doing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2013, 05:52 AM   #985
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,842 Times in 1,067 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

"We need you to come back for a follow-up as the Pap results showed some atypical cells. Doc wants to do a Colposcopy"

"The first appointment we have available is on the 19th at 7:00AM, and in case he needs to do a biopsy it will be done at that time." ...
What is a colposcopy anyway? ......as I am Googling it...Endometrial cancer, follow-ups for atypical cells, a magnifying light, acetic acid...oy vey*

as the Nurse is saying ....These things are just routine, and negative 9 times out of 10, just a little burning, and uncomfortable cramps possibly for a day or two and..... as my mind wandered off to the beach.

Who the hell can call this routine after 9 years of negative pap smears /post total radical hysterectomy with 16 lymph nodes donated to science***I thought it was "my prostate" surgery in the first place.

Oh Tommi,
I am so sorry you got that call...you'll be in my thoughts and prayers everyday and I'll be waiting for the all clear on the 19th or whenever you find out the results. Big hugs to you. Keep on painting and creating, it is good for your soul. ((((Tommi))))
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #986
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,259 Times in 1,362 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Good luck this week with your results...much love

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
I had my two procedures on the 29th. Things went well with both. My lovely fiancee' was with me for the week....she really took excellent care of me, too! I am truly blessed!

Awaiting results of two biopsies taken...Am remaining positive!

Thank you to each one of you here...who offer your kind words, warm hugs, and support. This means the world to me. I miss all of you, think of you often....

Warm hugs and much love to you all....
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #987
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Hopefully having you wait until the 19th means they don't have any concerns. Damn thats a long wait. Hugs to you!

Quote:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #988
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

After blood work last week, Dr sent me for more blood work and a brain and neck MRI. We meet Thursday. I am in constant prayer right now.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #989
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,703 Times in 7,722 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_U_taunt View Post
After blood work last week, Dr sent me for more blood work and a brain and neck MRI. We meet Thursday. I am in constant prayer right now.
((((((((((((((((((((deb))))))))))))))))))))))))
Holding you close, my sweet friend! Know you ARE in my prayers always...love you much! xoxo
Old 06-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #990
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default So, we are not typical....

Quote:
Hopefully having you wait until the 19th means they don't have any concerns. Damn that's a long wait. Hugs to you!

You are right ,,I didn't think of that. Thank you.

Quote:

You are in my prayers (((((((deb))))))). The MRI is the best way to see the good, bad and the ugly. So, glad you are getting the Good Looked at. and yes, the damn waiting sucks.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #991
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Deb, I'm glad your Doc. is extra careful and that way you can rule out any bad stuff . My loving energy headed your way. Jean
Old 06-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #992
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Sending my prayers and positive energy your way...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2013, 01:24 AM   #993
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Quote:
Genesis,
Sending Best wishes and sharing some strength with you. Sorry to hear about your Mom's condition. Knowing she has love and someone to listen and care are the gifts you can give. Please come back and let us know how you are doing.

Tommi, thank you for your kind words. I took her to get a pet scan of her whole body and earlier today to get a ct scan of her stomach and pelvic area... We meet with her Oncologist and Primary in two weeks to see how it goes... the pain in her stomach keeps getting worse... will see how it all turns out... also sending my prayers and positive energy to everyone in this group...Tommi I'm rooting you get good news on the 19th... hang in thea...

Last edited by Genesis; 06-04-2013 at 01:26 AM. Reason: spelling...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #994
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Tommi, thank you for your kind words. I took her to get a pet scan of her whole body and earlier today to get a ct scan of her stomach and pelvic area... We meet with her Oncologist and Primary in two weeks to see how it goes... the pain in her stomach keeps getting worse... will see how it all turns out... also sending my prayers and positive energy to everyone in this group...Tommi I'm rooting you get good news on the 19th... hang in thea...
Glad to see the "we" in your post. It is great to have someone that isn't afraid to be with you when you have these scary things going on. Just to ride with, chat with, talk abut nothing. Enjoy the silence with her as her mind encompasses the things we never ever thought about, never ever planned in our daytimer or on a calender as part of that day to day routine of living the real life.

Thanks for the hi 5, and PLEASE come on in here and let us know how she is, and ....also importantly, how you are, even if it is a drove by hello.
Adding "Genesis Special One" to the special peeps list that we keep in our daily thoughts and prayers here in the unique club, we never wanted to join. Let her know there is special energy of strangers around the Planet that are pulling for her. (*strange~ not me though)
Old 06-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #995
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Smile

Tommi, again, thank you for the kind words. It means a lot. My Mom has her husband (my Father) and me during this process. I am beyond bless and fortunate that he is part of our support system. My heart and love goes out to all the caretakers out there who are only themselves. It's tough... As of right now my Mom is going as good as she can with her current condition. As for me... am evolving... just taking things in stride...the thing I always keep in the forefront of my mind is that she is the one going through it and if she can manage to get up each morning, be happy and smile, I got no choice but to do the same. My prayers and love and positive energy to every single person in this group going through the journey or being a companion along the way....

Quote:
Glad to see the "we" in your post. It is great to have someone that isn't afraid to be with you when you have these scary things going on. Just to ride with, chat with, talk abut nothing. Enjoy the silence with her as her mind encompasses the things we never ever thought about, never ever planned in our daytimer or on a calender as part of that day to day routine of living the real life.

Thanks for the hi 5, and PLEASE come on in here and let us know how she is, and ....also importantly, how you are, even if it is a drove by hello.
Adding "Genesis Special One" to the special peeps list that we keep in our daily thoughts and prayers here in the unique club, we never wanted to join. Let her know there is special energy of strangers around the Planet that are pulling for her. (*strange~ not me though)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #996
Italian_Girl

How Do You Identify?:
I am just me......
Relationship Status:
Single

Italian_Girl Has the BEST ReputationItalian_Girl Has the BEST ReputationItalian_Girl Has the BEST ReputationItalian_Girl Has the BEST ReputationItalian_Girl Has the BEST ReputationItalian_Girl Has the BEST ReputationItalian_Girl Has the BEST ReputationItalian_Girl Has the BEST ReputationItalian_Girl Has the BEST ReputationItalian_Girl Has the BEST ReputationItalian_Girl Has the BEST Reputation

Not sure if I am doing this right it's my first time posting and not sure how to so if I put this in the wrong place or did something wrong please excuse me.

I am also a caregiver have been for many years. I have seen many people pass from all kinds of cancer and whatnot. It wasn't until I had to stop caring for strangers and cared for my mom that it had affected me. She was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and passed away within 4 months. Since then I have kinda distanced myself with people and am not able to connect emotionally I just kind of go through the motions (except for my girlfriend/friend) not sure how to get over it or if I can.
My mom passed away almost 3 years ago. Her birthday is tomorrow she would have been 71 her 3 yr anniversary of her death is January 6th at noon. I was the one who pronounced her death and wont ever forget that day. I am now living with my Dad and looking after him but still am a caregiver for a close family member as well. They say it gets easier with time but for me it seems to be getting worse. I just keep detaching. Never felt more alone. Thinking about giving up the caregiving but spent so much of my life doing it my other skills are too old and not updated for work as anything else.
Italian_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Italian_Girl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #997
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Italian Girl ~hugs tightly~ I am so sorry for your loss... My condolences... The process of loss for each individual is so unique and so personal, that only as you go through this journey, you will know how it feels and how it will play out. Have you considered counseling or group therapy? I will be more than glad to listen if you need to talk... It is admirable that you are now taking care of your Father and another family member... but also remember you got to take care of you... if you don't take care of you... then who will? My prayers and positive energy for you and your loved ones...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian_Girl View Post
Not sure if I am doing this right it's my first time posting and not sure how to so if I put this in the wrong place or did something wrong please excuse me.

I am also a caregiver have been for many years. I have seen many people pass from all kinds of cancer and whatnot. It wasn't until I had to stop caring for strangers and cared for my mom that it had affected me. She was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and passed away within 4 months. Since then I have kinda distanced myself with people and am not able to connect emotionally I just kind of go through the motions (except for my girlfriend/friend) not sure how to get over it or if I can.
My mom passed away almost 3 years ago. Her birthday is tomorrow she would have been 71 her 3 yr anniversary of her death is January 6th at noon. I was the one who pronounced her death and wont ever forget that day. I am now living with my Dad and looking after him but still am a caregiver for a close family member as well. They say it gets easier with time but for me it seems to be getting worse. I just keep detaching. Never felt more alone. Thinking about giving up the caregiving but spent so much of my life doing it my other skills are too old and not updated for work as anything else.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #998
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,703 Times in 7,722 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My biopsies were all clean. NO malignancy! YAY!

I see my Oncologist next week for tumor marker levels and my regular 3 month FU.

Thanks for all the kind words, warm hugs, and loving support from all of you here..means the world to me.... I <3 you all...
Old 06-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #999
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
My biopsies were all clean. NO malignancy! YAY!

I see my Oncologist next week for tumor marker levels and my regular 3 month FU.

Thanks for all the kind words, warm hugs, and loving support from all of you here..means the world to me.... I <3 you all...
Yeah clay.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #1000
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Genesis and Italian Girl I am thinking of you. Caregiving is so hard. Kudos to you Italian Girl for caring for strangers. That must be a very hard job. I really miss my Mom a lot today. I am so blessed that I was there to take care of her in her last year. We have a large family and there was lots of support. My nephew graduated middle school last night and we all missed her so much. All of you caregivers out there please take care of yourselves as much as possible.