The Butch Zone For all things "Butch"

Old 02-20-2010, 10:42 PM   #241
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,496 Times in 1,638 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
After that awesome laundry advice, I can't wait for the cooking portion of this thread.
Ummm dude you should know by now. The lady doesn't cook.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #242
I'mOneToo

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
left of right
Relationship Status:
right of left

I'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST Reputation

and we've already been advised on the cleaning and transplanting

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
Ummm dude you should know by now. The lady doesn't cook.
I'mOneToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:45 PM   #243
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,829 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mOneToo View Post
and we've already been advised on the cleaning and transplanting

What else is there?

I'm guessing, car pool routine, trash and recycling.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #244
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
LOL She sounds great!
Pretty quick on the draw!! LOL! This did totally crack me up. Wish I did have a cape!!! Would have really been great to show up with one on.

Hummmm... note to self... look for a Superman cape at the thrift store...
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #245
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Cooking Portion

Applies equally well to butches of whatever gender identity.

Jamie Oliver believes that women should abstain from sex with their husbands or boyfriends to punish them if they refuse to cook.

“Men are driven by sex,” the celebrity chef said this weekend at the annual Hay-on-Wye festival. “So the best way for women to get their men into the kitchen would be to stop having sex with them until they start to cook.”

I know you want to read more.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Old 02-20-2010, 11:09 PM   #246
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Applies equally well to butches of whatever gender identity.

Jamie Oliver believes that women should abstain from sex with their husbands or boyfriends to punish them if they refuse to cook.

“Men are driven by sex,” the celebrity chef said this weekend at the annual Hay-on-Wye festival. “So the best way for women to get their men into the kitchen would be to stop having sex with them until they start to cook.”

I know you want to read more.
Who's Jamie Oliver?

And why should I care what this person says?

I Don't Understand,
Dylan...not being snarky, just lost

ETA: Just read back in the thead...still lost, but more caught up
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dylan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2010, 11:12 PM   #247
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Mahhh Woman and I went to dinner tonight

While I was rifling through my purse looking for my lip wand, Mahhh Woman says to me, "Oh my god, you sift through your purse like my sister"

I Felt Completely <insert zombie face here>,
Dylan...knows y'all feel Mahhh Pain
Old 02-20-2010, 11:19 PM   #248
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Who's Jamie Oliver?

And why should I care what this person says?

I Don't Understand,
Dylan...not being snarky, just lost

ETA: Just read back in the thead...still lost, but more caught up
Oh yeah, me too. I have no idea what I'm doing.

It's the overwhelming influsion of (natural) testosterone that causes the hair to grow to alarming proportions on my knuckles and big toe.

- H. L. Mencken
Old 02-20-2010, 11:51 PM   #249
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Mahhh Woman and I went to dinner tonight

While I was rifling through my purse looking for my lip wand, Mahhh Woman says to me, "Oh my god, you sift through your purse like my sister"

I Felt Completely <insert zombie face here>,
Dylan...knows y'all feel Mahhh Pain
could you post a picture of your purse?
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:44 AM   #250
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm thrilled to see I'm not the only one with a purse..... and this is one silly thread!
Old 02-21-2010, 01:30 AM   #251
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
could you post a picture of your purse?
Here it is on my nightstand...you can see it next to my basket, and picture frame I made one day at work while on lunch. I like to carry all of my needlepoint supplies in my purse...with my lip wand.

I'm Crafty Like That,
Dylan...also has some tissue box covers, AND you can see some other projects I work on while I have spare minutes during my day

Don't be jealous of my mad skillzzzzz
Old 02-21-2010, 02:08 AM   #252
Stoney

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch lesbian feminist Crone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Wicked Witch
Relationship Status:
happily content

Stoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
I am so sorry you experienced this, Stoney. I don't know what causes some people to flip the switch like this. I will never get it after building up a trust, and thinking there is a very clear understanding about sexual-orientation and IDs. For me, the blow was that someone I loved, and who I never thought would stoop so low, did very much the same thing as we were breaking up. In that moment, it was as though I didn't even know her. Even though I went through this, it hasn't changed who i am. What has changed now is my complete lack of trust in getting involved. I will never—and i mean never—put trust in anyone again. The prospect of going it alone at 53, is not fun. But it is what it is.

Thanks for your comment and kind words on my post. I had a feeling you would get where I was coming from.
I am not sorry though that that happened, dont get me wrong, It f*cked with me for a while, but there were other factors in that relationship that really made me step back and say WTF am I doing here ?? why do I keep playing these games with people , I mean I knew she was playing it and I still didnt stop its like two people in a room looking at a huge purple girrafe but no one ever says anything they just keep acting , acting like they think everything is normal, just part of the script or something....

well The biggest reason I am glad that all that happened because it made me look at who I was compared to who I thought I was expected to be, The entire relationship basically was one lie after another, her lying to me and me lying to myself. Before finding a butch femme site I really didnt know there were " specific" types of butches, actually I didnt even know much about the whole B-F dynamic, cause most of the Gay folks I know arent really definable, I called em granola dykes, sporty dykes, kiki's tweeners, and they didnt have a clue, I mean I have alot of gay friends but virtually no self defined " butch - Femme" couples. jus' me... and that makes me weird, (just a little) around other couples. My friends when the rare ocassion arises they skirt around actually using the word. But when they do, it is always with an apology , like it is an insultlike " damn look at that , geez she is realllllllly butch and then look at me and say "no offense"?????????!!!......and its never like damn she's hot its more like ewwwwww, ya know what I mean?

Right before I got in that relationship I realized I wasnt
as weird as I thought , that other butches were like me , those who didnt want the same things reciprocated during love making. I remember reading about other butches who didnt want to take off all their clothes, who didnt want sex in the same way they gave it. I realized I was " stone".

That day changed my life, and so did the day she said those things to me, it took a little time and finally I realized that I was Trying to squeeze my self into a generic Butch definition and act in a way that I felt would reflect who I was.

I understand trust issues Ol' jet, yes I definately do,
but I honestly can say now I am no longer afraid to get involved, or "fall" in love anymore. I will not allow myself to be powerless over my heart, I have learned that I can make the decision within myself to love , or trust, or not.

I dont trust others to care for my heart, I dont trust them to make my life more meaningful, I dont trust the promises of Ill love you forever no matter what "(( NO MATTER WHAT???? )))) ( come on) I dont trust them to tell me what kind of person I need to be to keep ( or nurture) their feelings for me... actually I barely think about people Im with breaking my heart or cheating etc......or leaving me. I dont like liars, but......

Im glad that situation and others involving my heart and feelings have taken place because now..... I truly am free to be who I am , decide who I love , experience my bliss.

Not because I can trust others; because now... after all these years, I finally trust myself.

Create the life you want Ol' jet, we all play the game , act the part or whatever , but once we all realize we have the ability to pick and choose the characters or players, it is pretty darn hard game to lose. If you dont want to be alone, dont be, I mean, take that step, not with a huge futuristic plan in mind, not to look for a forever person, look for someone to share the day with maybe even decide to love em for a day..., then maybe the next and then maybe the next. one day at a time, you can love some one for a minute...not all love has to last forever .. (who the hell would want it to really?) someone who relies on another for their happiness......thats who.

Dont trust your heart with anyone but yourself.They have to worry 'bout their own, yours will always come in second. But love them the way you want to, for as short or as long as you want to.I never just " fall in love anymore..." I "step" into it stand with both eyes wide open, enjoy as much as I can for as long as I can . when its not fun anymore.....I can walk away.It is a good feeling to know you are the one in charge of your own happiness.

Much peace to you, Stoney
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2010, 02:19 AM   #253
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I was drawn in here by the plethora of Poodles. I wish Dylan and I liked each other so he would send me one of his fabulous creations.

Maybe I'll etsy them? Although, I do like the personal experience of craft fairs at the mall

That Way Everyone Can Partake Of The Fruits Of My Nimble Fingers <insert crocheting/knitting/needlepointing/cross-stitching emoticon here>
Dylan
Old 02-21-2010, 02:55 AM   #254
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
Thanks for your comment and kind words on my post. I had a feeling you would get where I was coming from.
I am not sorry though that that happened, dont get me wrong, It f*cked with me for a while, but there were other factors in that relationship that really made me step back and say WTF am I doing here ?? why do I keep playing these games with people , I mean I knew she was playing it and I still didnt stop its like two people in a room looking at a huge purple girrafe but no one ever says anything they just keep acting , acting like they think everything is normal, just part of the script or something....

well The biggest reason I am glad that all that happened because it made me look at who I was compared to who I thought I was expected to be, The entire relationship basically was one lie after another, her lying to me and me lying to myself. Before finding a butch femme site I really didnt know there were " specific" types of butches, actually I didnt even know much about the whole B-F dynamic, cause most of the Gay folks I know arent really definable, I called em granola dykes, sporty dykes, kiki's tweeners, and they didnt have a clue, I mean I have alot of gay friends but virtually no self defined " butch - Femme" couples. jus' me... and that makes me weird, (just a little) around other couples. My friends when the rare ocassion arises they skirt around actually using the word. But when they do, it is always with an apology , like it is an insultlike " damn look at that , geez she is realllllllly butch and then look at me and say "no offense"?????????!!!......and its never like damn she's hot its more like ewwwwww, ya know what I mean?

as weird as I thought , that other butches were like me , those who didnt want the same things reciprocated during love making. I remember reading about other butches who didnt want to take off all their clothes, who didnt want sex in the same way they gave it. I realized I was " stone".

That day changed my life, and so did the day she said those things to me, it took a little time and finally I realized that I was Trying to squeeze my self into a generic Butch definition and act in a way that I felt would reflect who I was.

but I honestly can say now I am no longer afraid to get involved, or "fall" in love anymore. I will not allow myself to be powerless over my heart, I have learned that I can make the decision within myself to love , or trust, or not.

I dont trust others to care for my heart, I dont trust them to make my life more meaningful, I dont trust the promises of Ill love you forever no matter what "(( NO MATTER WHAT???? )))) ( come on) I dont trust them to tell me what kind of person I need to be to keep ( or nurture) their feelings for me... actually I barely think about people Im with breaking my heart or cheating etc......or leaving me. I dont like liars, but......

Im glad that situation and others involving my heart and feelings have taken place because now..... I truly am free to be who I am , decide who I love , experience my bliss.

Not because I can trust others; because now... after all these years, I finally trust myself.

Create the life you want Ol' jet, we all play the game , act the part or whatever , but once we all realize we have the ability to pick and choose the characters or players, it is pretty darn hard game to lose. If you dont want to be alone, dont be, I mean, take that step, not with a huge futuristic plan in mind, not to look for a forever person, look for someone to share the day with maybe even decide to love em for a day..., then maybe the next and then maybe the next. one day at a time, you can love some one for a minute...not all love has to last forever .. (who the hell would want it to really?) someone who relies on another for their happiness......thats who.

Dont trust your heart with anyone but yourself.They have to worry 'bout their own, yours will always come in second. But love them the way you want to, for as short or as long as you want to.I never just " fall in love anymore..." I "step" into it stand with both eyes wide open, enjoy as much as I can for as long as I can . when its not fun anymore.....I can walk away.It is a good feeling to know you are the one in charge of your own happiness.

WOW. What a great fucking post.
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:25 AM   #255
I'mOneToo

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
left of right
Relationship Status:
right of left

I'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST Reputation

sorry, don't know how to multi quote but wanted to get both of these in. this is really long but i'll try to edit some thoughts.

Jet and Stoney, I'm really hearing the discussion that you're having between the tissues, laundry, and poodles.

People say and do crazy shit during breakups. We've all done it, we've all had it done to us.

If someone's switch flips off whether it's a direct attack on your ID or indirectly by choosing someone else the complete opposite of the way you ID, it's always going to hurt to lose that person. Because once she flips, she's as gone as a girl can get, as the song says. There's nothing you can do to change her course in life. The heart wants what the heart wants, and it doesn't want yours any more, and that's painful.

At that point, you *don't* know her any more. You can try to figure out where you went wrong, but there are too many factors out of your control to really know. The unpredictability of another's soul is an unknown. I think it's just pure stupid luck if people are compatible and can stay together forever. It takes a lot of work and if both can't meet each other halfway, it's never going to work. People think it should be easy, that love shouldn't be work or it's not really love. I believe the opposite. No one flips a switch in an instant, it happens over time. All the little things that weren't dealt with at the time it happened, move it infinitesimably downward and then *boom* out go the lights. Did it get suddenly dark? No, usually both parties ignored the obvious signs that the sun was setting on their relationship.

You're going to mourn the loss. And grieve over it, and gnash your teeth and shake your fist at god, the fates, or whatever. And one day you'll wake up and see that it's really her loss. She lost you, and you lost her but YOU haven't lost *yourself*. It's not you who changed so fundamentally. That is the day you can wake up and begin to move forward in life. You take stock of yourself and in doing so, you may realize she actually did you a favor because now you have an opportunity to choose a new life. And instead of having blind faith and trust in someone new, you've got these experiences that have tempered you and made you stronger. You can live now with your eyes wide open and ask the right questions and if you get the wrong answers you can trust YOURSELF to know that if it isn't right, then don't pursue it.

One of the greatest gifts is having enough life experience to know that you don't have to try to fit a square peg into a round hole any more. Nothing has to be forced any more. You're gonna be 53 whether its alone and angry or with a little bit of trust in yourself that you can use your wisdom to contain something besides mistrust and anger for the rest of your days.

Time is a friend, and an enemy. It's a friend when you've got lots of it on your hands and you can use it to allow your heart to heal. To pave the way to loving yourself enough to be able to love someone else eventually. It's an enemy when you make demands on your heart. Telling it that it's not getting you where you want it to go fast enough. That is how we end up rushing into things that are just wrong for us.

And so often, we confuse infatuation with true love. One or the other of us, or both. That's a malady of immaturity; that 13-year old crush we get. But we're not kids any more. That feeling may be what starts us up but can it get us through the long haul? That's where the work comes in. But before we're ready for crushes or anything serious, we have to grieve and heal.

I've been doing that for several months and now I'm taking some steps --well i took a giant step forward and then had to take a little step back and say, "you know, i'm not ready for a commitment." and that's okay. it is with her too. I've learned when I need to establish a boundary for myself and if the other person is not willing to respect that, then it's good to learn that right from the start. I have to value their boundaries in kind. I will never again compromise on my values, and boundaries are one of my most valued gifts that i give to myself and to others. If they don't want it, then they don't want me.

Guess in a long-winded way, I'm saying learn what your values are, and the ones you gained from your experience (no matter how shitty it was) may end up being some of the highest values you'll possess. That is a gift. She's never going to hand you a medal. You get that from inside yourself. It's your purple heart, earned the hard way -- that gift is yours. And it is enfolded in the petals of a long-stemmed red rose. That is what you will give to another, someday. That is, if you choose. Some may choose a solitary existence for the rest of their lives but going down a bitter and angry road will not bring any peace. Be at peace, at least, with yourself.

/end sermon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet
I am so sorry you experienced this, Stoney. I don't know what causes some people to flip the switch like this. I will never get it after building up a trust, and thinking there is a very clear understanding about sexual-orientation and IDs. For me, the blow was that someone I loved, and who I never thought would stoop so low, did very much the same thing as we were breaking up. In that moment, it was as though I didn't even know her. Even though I went through this, it hasn't changed who i am. What has changed now is my complete lack of trust in getting involved. I will never—and i mean never—put trust in anyone again. The prospect of going it alone at 53, is not fun. But it is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney View Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I'mOneToo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #256
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

sweet! i can't even get Ez to hold my purse for a second!

Quote:
Here it is on my nightstand...you can see it next to my basket, and picture frame I made one day at work while on lunch. I like to carry all of my needlepoint supplies in my purse...with my lip wand.

apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #257
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

I think that what Stoney or someone,(I am getting lost in all the quotes) said about taking responsibility for your own heart is what rings true for me. I have that control. I can love and trust or not. It isn't up to someone else. They have their own heart to take care of. Step into relationships with your eyes wide open.

I am feeling right now that life is short, so enjoy love as much as possible and don't let someone else make you miserable. You have a choice. I walk away and shut the doors behind me often now. That's probably a wrong reaction, when what I think I want is one of those deep soul searing connections. Maybe that's for the younger ones. Probably I am just really lazy.

Ol' Jet, I think film noire dates us both. At 53 do you too remember fantasies of rescuing that cute thing and giving her your handkerchief. And having it returned all washed and ironed by her grateful little hand. Kleenex was unheard of. I don't remember it until maybe around 10.

Apretty, some people come into my life and have instant theme songs in my head. After about 50 years I finally found someone for this one.
Here you are Apretty.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTSF7HzJvJI"]YouTube- Christy Moore & The Dubliners - Black Velvet Band[/ame]
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Galahad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #258
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

What else is there?

I'm guessing, car pool routine, trash and recycling.
Thinking about how folks from SF could write a manifesto on trash & recycling! One of the most regulated places for waste/recycling disposal.
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #259
I'mOneToo

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
left of right
Relationship Status:
right of left

the word "manifesto" is starting to become overused. if someone writes such a piece and it ends up in the Chronicle, they will probably end up being called a diatribe!

for trash and recycling, i prefer a more user-friendly (and media-friendly) term, such as "treatise".

p.s. if i knew how to start a thread, i would start one about garbage. is there one already? not butch-specific but for the planet masses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Thinking about how folks from SF could write a manifesto on trash & recycling! One of the most regulated places for waste/recycling disposal.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I'mOneToo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 03:20 AM   #260
Stoney

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch lesbian feminist Crone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Wicked Witch
Relationship Status:
happily content

Stoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST Reputation

only a butch would understand..........a few of my peeves and thoughts

I hate it when before anyone addresses me if there is a question as to my gender ( Im assuming ) people imediately look at my chest.

and even more so, since I lost all this weight and I can tuck my tits in my waist band of my jeans, after looking at my chest they look at my crotch.
( and still get it wrong!)

I hate it when people I have only met briefly but realize Im gay say your the man right? I say um no, I am a woman which kinda is important to the definition of a lesbian isnt it? two women? is it not? and they still answer with yeah, yeah I know, but your the guy though huh?.......!!!!
to me its kinda like asking a guy you just found out was married" hey I bet you do your wife doggy style dont ya?

I hate it when I go to get a hair cut and I have to spend ten minutes trying to talk the hairdresser into cutting my hair like I want it. I mean I have actually walked out because she was "sure I wouldnt like it and just wanted to trim it "

oh, a question...... has anyone ever got an extra short haircut to save having to come back as soon? or because you simply dont want to mess with it?

Is running low on conditioner really gonna fuck our lives up that bad? if it were my cigs or her conditioner .....Id be rollin buts........if I didnt buy that pricey ass conditioner Id have money for my cigs....( cant ya just use more of the cheap stuff ?)

Have you ever wondered why she lays out a set of clothes to wear she puts them on, they look great , you tell her that and she will try on six more and when you finally pick the one you like the most she puts on the very first out fit????

I wonder if there is a physical reason that makes it that I can only rub her back about 1/10th of the time she will rub mine before my arms give out.

how bout?????premature ejaculation??( for lack of a term for bustin it way before you planned....I mean WTF ? Am I the only one. come ya'll 'fess up.does it happen to you?

do you naturally do gross things without thinking? and then you turn around and she is looking at you like she is completely repulsed?

okay the burping thing... Im sooooo guilty... It is a terrible nasty habit I have, if Im drinkin beer I burp, I DGAF if Im in a restuarant or a bar or drinkin with my pals I burp, I do it without thinking. I know I know it is gross.
( I secretly wish My stomach wasnt amputated so I could belt em out like I used to.)

why do I have to pick up all nails tools, car fuses, screws, paperclips handy little pokey crap and shove it in my pockets all day long, and why? do I take that shit out and put it in my next days clean jeans to carry around with me for no fuckin' reason again?

Why when people really really piss me off do I always threaten to whoop their ass? I am trying to be a peaceful creature really.

how do ya stop yourself from looking at boobs while you are talking to people?

why is it when we spot another butch do we
give off a vibe but really not make eye contact and rarely if ever smile o acknowledge each other?
how bout some feedback butches????
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post: