Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #141
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,794 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

These little "tortillas" are somewhat time consuming but really good and totally worth the extra effort on those days when a lettuce wrap just doesn't quite cut it. Did I mention they are totally Paleo, and scrumptious?

http://slimpalate.com/cauliflower-to...e-gluten-free/
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2014, 05:13 AM   #142
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Old 01-21-2014, 12:23 PM   #143
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I love slimpalate blog. I made the lemon chia muffins over the holidays and they were ahmazing!!

Over the weekend I made >>> this <<< with a grassfed brisket. I slow cooked it for about 10 hrs and it is absolutely aHmazing!! Yum.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #144
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

5 Ingredient Bacon Brussels Sprouts Slaw

Prep time - 5 mins Cook time - 15 mins

Total time - 20 mins

Serves: 2-3

Ingredients
  • ½ pound bacon, diced
  • 16 ounces brussel sprouts, shredded*
  • ½ red onion, diced
  • 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
  • 2-3 precooked sausages (I used game sausage, but use any kind you like)
  • ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions
  1. Place a dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
  2. Add brussel sprouts, onion and apple cider vinegar to the rendered bacon fat in the dutch oven. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and a bit of garlic powder. Cook down for about 10 minutes, stirring every couple minutes.
  3. Once brussel sprouts become soft, add sausage and bacon to dutch oven, mix, and cook down for less than 5 minutes, until sausage is hot. Sprinkle with a bit more salt before serving.

Notes
*I shredded my brussel sprouts in a food processor using the thin slicing blade. - PaleOMG.com

Credit for this recipe goes to PaleOMG.com, it is really good if you love brussel sprouts like I do...or even if you don't, it has bacon in it so you know it's good. It works for a quick-n-easy dinner or along side eggs for breakfast; I've had it both ways and can't decide which I like best.

I also like it with cabbage shredded and cooked in with the brussel sprouts.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #145
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Yum.
Do you know where I can find some good sausage, Jesse?
or a brand?

Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #146
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Jesse, do you create any of the fermented foods paleo style?

I'm looking into simple fermented foods that do not require refrigeration.

Anyone else eat fermented foods?
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 03:04 AM   #147
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Over the holidays I have put on four pounds,after loosing 80 pounds I don't wan't the nasty stuff back.I know the carb free diet works but I am tired of salads,eggs,meat,fish ect..I do like this kind of food but it has gotten boring.I do eat whole wheat sugar free bread sparingly,what I really miss a lot is fruit.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 06:06 AM   #148
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Over the holidays I have put on four pounds,after loosing 80 pounds I don't wan't the nasty stuff back.I know the carb free diet works but I am tired of salads,eggs,meat,fish ect..I do like this kind of food but it has gotten boring.I do eat whole wheat sugar free bread sparingly,what I really miss a lot is fruit.
Rock,

I get good ideas from the Weigh Watchers cookbook. Lots of yummy stuff. I adapt, switch it up—but often start wit ideas there.

Ginger
Old 01-23-2014, 06:10 AM   #149
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Hey Bliss,

The problem with leaving fermented foods out is they will continue to strengthen in taste. It's best to ferment them only until desired taste is reached and then refrigerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
Hey Jesse, do you create any of the fermented foods paleo style?

I'm looking into simple fermented foods that do not require refrigeration.

Anyone else eat fermented foods?
Old 01-23-2014, 06:14 AM   #150
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Hey ahk,
I get mine from the local farmers but there are some organic meat websites you could check you can get some from but it is expensive. You may want to check with your local co-op or the area farmers and see if you can find any that grassfeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
Yum.
Do you know where I can find some good sausage, Jesse?
or a brand?

Thank you.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:23 AM   #151
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Hey Rock,

There are lots of Paleo websites that have easy recipes, also Pinterest has some good Paleo recipes. I am not much of a salad person and I rarely do fish. You can do Paleo and still have fruits and dairy, Primal tends to frown more on those items than most Paleo folks do, just eat them in moderation. In fact, berries are very healthy for you. I can almost guarantee you that folks ate berries, apples and the like back in primitive days. I personally try to steer clear of the fruits with really high fructose like grapes etc.

I will be putting some more recipes up soon, I just have to get well first. My Dr. told me yesterday that I have pneumonia and I need to rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 06:53 AM   #152
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Default Oh what the hell, here are a few links for now. :)

Karniyarik (Turkish Stuffed Eggplant)
http://thedomesticman.com/2013/09/24...lant/#comments

Fennel Apple Salad - This is not your everyday kind of salad. It is made with fennel, apples, a clementine, fresh herbs and an orange-Dijon vinaigrette. It serves up well alongside some smoked sausage or roasted chicken. It is a good fruit/herb salad.- Jesse

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fennel-...?lnkid=soc1003

Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Chimichurri

http://livinthecrunchylife.blogspot....eaks-with.html

Berries with Coconut and Lime

Ingredients
  • 1 cup berries
  • 1/4 cup whole fat canned coconut milk (preferably the cream at the top of the can)
  • 1/2 of a fresh lime

Instructions
  1. Divide berries between two small bowls.
  2. Add coconut milk, and sprinkle with lime juice.
Credit for this goes to paleoplan.com. I add shredded unsweetened coconut to this because I like it and also because I buy it in bulk to make coconut flour and coconut butter with so I use it when possible. Generally, I use blueberries and strawberries for mine but use whatever berries work for you. Also can use frozen, they thaw quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 03:43 PM   #153
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Hey ahk,
I get mine from the local farmers but there are some organic meat websites you could check you can get some from but it is expensive. You may want to check with your local co-op or the area farmers and see if you can find any that grassfeed.
I knew my head was foggy, but I did not know I was posting this sort of craziness. I'm glad you could read through the mess, ahk.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:11 PM   #154
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Hopefully one or more of these links will help you find what you're looking for, ahk.

Moonbeam Ranch

Local Food Albuquerque - The meaty issue: MEAT SUPPLIERS

http://www.pecosvalleygrassfedbeef.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...,11.953125&z=6

Quote:
Hey ahk,
Old 01-23-2014, 05:06 PM   #155
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hey Bliss,

The problem with leaving fermented foods out is they will continue to strengthen in taste. It's best to ferment them only until desired taste is reached and then refrigerate.
Okie dokie. Thanks for answering my question.

Pneumonia? ? omg.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #156
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Cracklin' Chicken is the bomb!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2014, 08:58 AM   #157
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Spicy Avocado Salsa

2 avocados, chopped
1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped (remove seeds if you don’t like it hot)
juice of ½ lemon
salt & pepper to taste
mix well
fresh coriander, to serve

Sometimes I leave this chunky and serve with eggs or alongside meat. Other times, I throw it into the food processor or blender and pulse it a couple of times to make a smoother dip style dish for raw veggies. This salsa is very versatile and can handle ingredients and spices being added or swapped for others according to personal preference.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:02 PM   #158
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

I love guac.
I usually put fresh green chili in mine-- along with cilantro/salt/pepper/lots of lime juice.

I have 10 avocados-- I'm sure I'll be making some this weekend.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2014, 07:15 PM   #159
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

There is a free 10 day online Paleo event called PaleoCon starting January 27th. I am posting the registration link here for those of you who may be interested.

This second link is the 10 day lineup. From the lineup, I'd guess that it will be a solid conference. Enjoy!
Old 01-25-2014, 09:12 AM   #160
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Default Paleo site for those dealing with an autoimmune disease.

This is a great website for folks who are dealing with an autoimmune disease.

http://www.phoenixhelix.com/

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo