Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central > Newbie Introductions

Newbie Introductions Introduce yourself here!

Old 11-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation
Default for the posters who chose new names

i know i'm not the only one who has chosen a different name. i suppose it's the whimsy in me that finds it fun to play "pseudonym dress up". the human in me believes it's wise to acknowledge the significant shifts in life and maybe even re-name one's self accordingly. afterward, it was pointed out to me that it's often assumed that those who change their IDs might be trying to fly under some sort of radar. since that's not true for most of us i thought i'd start the conversation here.

is choosing a new name for one's self a sign of hiding something? what if one wakes up feeling like a new person one day and wants to express that shift in perspective? it seems a celebratory thing for me rather than something facade-like or disguising. must it be more likely that those who choose new log on names are trying to avoid some kind of deserved unpleasantry?

i once changed my name on a website to avoid harassment. it didn't work and i was subsequently bounced for violating TOS. my bad, but ouch! being jerked around and losing one's community all in the same day sux in an uber special way. i definitely did the deed but i was sort of focused on not being stalked. (and no, not everyone being stalked has done something meriting such treatment.)

i've nothing to avoid, even though my mouth sometimes gets too far ahead of my brain. but what if one did want to shift away from a period of jackassery and there were those (and there always are) who won't allow that one has learned from one's mistakes? it's fairly suffocating to always be labeled by one's stupidity, especially when one has very definitely learned one's lesson.

so what about it? okay to change or not? if no, why? if yes, must one always confess? face it. scooter (not his real name BTW) libby got a pardon. how do i get a little of that?

the artist formerly known as sunflower girl
hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hippieflowergirl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
a pistol and a sugar cane
Relationship Status:
I promise to aid and abet

Location: in between poems where ceilings are floors and joe ghost floats achromatic toward day
evolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputation

Dear The Artist Formerly Know As Sunflowergirl,

I don't recall you being this filled with cayenne pepper before, honey! Don't get me wrong, I like it. The saucy side of you is fun times!

As for your changing your screen name being necessarily sneaky or behind the scenes fuckery, I say Oh, Balogna. It's really no one's business. And if you wake up one morning feeling like Susan Cinderella, then your sweet little five year old self is perfectly permitted to force your parents and everyone else to call you that for the next two years. It worked for me.

But is it all right if I shorten your new name to something like Flower?

May I call you Flower if I want to?

Love and crap,

e
Old 11-30-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolveme View Post
Dear The Artist Formerly Know As Sunflowergirl,

I don't recall you being this filled with cayenne pepper before, honey! Don't get me wrong, I like it. The saucy side of you is fun times!

As for your changing your screen name being necessarily sneaky or behind the scenes fuckery, I say Oh, Balogna. It's really no one's business. And if you wake up one morning feeling like Cinderella Susan, then your sweet little five year old self is perfectly permitted to force your parents and everyone else to call you that for the next two years. It worked for me.

But is it all right if I shorten your new name to something like Flower?

May I call you Flower if I want to?

Love and crap,

e
i dearly love Cinderella Susan and want to call you that now! it's too damn perfect for words. two years was not long enough.

i apologize for the over indulgence of cayenne. we had hot wings for dinner before the Saints/Patriots game.

my own family calls me by a variety of names, none of them the one on my birth certificate. i've been "Pete" for the majority of my life with my extended family. my parents called me "OhNo" and "Hardway" for reasons that can be easily (and rightly i imagine) speculated on. when the movie "Finding Nemo" came out they began referring to me as "Dori" en masse and i've never been able to threaten them adequately enough to make them stop.

my name has been legally changed 5 times, beginning when i was 6. at no time was i a criminal or trying to avoid detection by anyone. i change. why should my name not change if i want it to? the name on my driver's license right now is almost exactly the same as the name i was given when i was little. my initials are unfortunate, bringing to mind a rather large, wholly idiotic and sadly well known racist hate group, but i suspect i carry them off by being as unlike one of their members as is humanly possible.

as for calling me Flower...why not? it's better than OhNo.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Location: in between poems where ceilings are floors and joe ghost floats achromatic toward day
evolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputation
Default What a Crazy Story! No Wonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieflowergirl View Post
i dearly love Cinderella Susan and want to call you that now! it's too damn perfect for words. two years was not long enough.

Ha! Go for it.

Quote:
as for calling me Flower...why not? it's better than OhNo.
Oh hell no. Pete it is!

(Gooooo Saints!)
Old 11-30-2009, 07:56 PM   #5
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

I was Fem-me, but now I'm Lynn. Because it's my name and I feel most comfortable being known.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I was Fem-me, but now I'm Lynn. Because it's my name and I feel most comfortable being known.
Hmm.

Now this is some serious subterfuge.

We need to watch out for this one.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #7
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,422 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a name change.

In all honesty I considered one myself, but was lacking in creativity the day I found the site!

It's important to embrace change and evolution, no matter what the venue. Not too mention your new name is just fabulous. It brings to mind flower wreaths, flowing beauty and delightful uninhibited times!
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #8
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

Quote:
Hmm.

Now this is some serious subterfuge.

We need to watch out for this one.

i know, right? it's always the quiet ones.....

Old 11-30-2009, 08:03 PM   #9
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieflowergirl View Post

so what about it? okay to change or not? if no, why? if yes, must one always confess? face it. scooter (not his real name BTW) libby got a pardon. how do i get a little of that?

the artist formerly known as sunflower girl
I kept my name from other sites because this is how most know me...nicknames and all. It is much easier in terms of history, for me.

But I say, do what you want! Whatever makes you most comfy!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #10
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantress View Post
There's absolutely nothing wrong with a name change.

In all honesty I considered one myself, but was lacking in creativity the day I found the site!

It's important to embrace change and evolution, no matter what the venue. Not too mention your new name is just fabulous. It brings to mind flower wreaths, flowing beauty and delightful uninhibited times!

awwwwwwwww. you're so sweet! i thought it was just a way to avoid shaving and get lots of flowers.

dare i say it....your name is enchanting. i doubt you were lacking in creativity so much as the name suited you so well it didn't want to leave you yet.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #11
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantress View Post
Not too mention your new name is just fabulous. It brings to mind flower wreaths, flowing beauty and delightful uninhibited times!
Yes, but really, so does Pete.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #12
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyLeo View Post
I kept my name from other sites because this is how most know me...nicknames and all. It is much easier in terms of history, for me.

But I say, do what you want! Whatever makes you most comfy!
i like it...simple, easy, uncomplicated. imagine!

most comfie = typing nekkid!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #13
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

Quote:
Yes, but really, so does Pete.

~ oy ~

what have i done?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #14
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

okay. enough with the kisses and sugarlips treatment.

what about the peeps who think changing IDs is low down and sneakified? i'm not askin' anyone to love me but it bites in a big bad way to have to battle the speculation. it's natural to wonder/be curious and, in the world we've created, to not engage in trust at first sight. plus, i've been a jerk more times than i can count in life. if anyone had something to hide at one point it's probably me.

humans are suspicious creatures when their companions don't smell right. so...what to do, besides give time and space, to make the more name-attached comfortable?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #15
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
witchy
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
xoxo

Thanked 21,420 Times in 6,756 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Smile depends..

personally, I enjoy thinking up unique ways of expressing who I am, and since the net is limited changing your name to distinguish a change in your circumstance (ie newly single, just married), or just because is just fine, imo..however, I think there are a few out there who use them for other more sinister reasons..but ultimately whoever you are shines out apart from any name chosen and your personality creates an overall impression of who you are..so no matter how clever you are, there is always someone who may want to figure out your puzzle..to that I say "bring it on"

kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #16
TeaPartyTart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I think "cupcake" has a nice ring to it
Relationship Status:
shackin' up

TeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST Reputation

I kept my 'old' screen name. I didn't keep it because it's my 'identity' or because you all could stalk me easier (though it's good for the ego).

I kept it because I'm getting too damn old to remember yet another screen name and password on another site.

Call me practical. I know ya want to.
TeaPartyTart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TeaPartyTart For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #17
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaPartyTart View Post
Call me practical. I know ya want to.
I'd prefer to call you Slut Face, but only because of that avatar you chose.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #18
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,448 Times in 369 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

I was gonna change my screen name, but I can never even remember my password when I get logged out, so the likelihood of me being able to remember both a new username and a password is less than zero.

Old dog, old tricks.
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #19
TeaPartyTart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I think "cupcake" has a nice ring to it
Relationship Status:
shackin' up

TeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'd prefer to call you Slut Face, but only because of that avatar you chose.
What?! You can hardly see her face. Sheesh e.
TeaPartyTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #20
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaPartyTart View Post
What?! You can hardly see her face. Sheesh e.
Once again, Side Boob is to blame.