Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Singles Mingle

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #28
Lusciousblondefemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single

Lusciousblondefemme is a jewel in the roughLusciousblondefemme is a jewel in the roughLusciousblondefemme is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
LOL

Fair enough. I think, though, you will reach a place in your life when you realize the plan is not grand nor important.

As I have aged, I have learned a few things, especially in the last few years. Life is, in general, an unpredictable mess, a journey during which sometimes your luggage is lost. Forgiveness is an art, and forgiving yourself is the hardest thing to do. The only thing I ever hope to walk away with -- from anything -- is my self-respect and maybe a lesson learned. And saying three little words -- "I am sorry" is a lot harder to say for most people than "I love you."

Ok, now it sounds like I am pontificating. I don't mean to. I am just speaking from the "me" place.

Jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
I'm not going to give you relationship advice. I am not qualified to do that.

However, let me just share this thought, for what it is worth.

Scrap the grand plan.

In my view, life cannot be planned. Life happens. You can't plan it. You can't schedule it. You just have to deal with how it comes at you. In my opinion, having a grand plan just continually sets you up for disappointment. Live in the moment, or at least try to.

Jake

I think that your advice is wonderful. I absolutely agree with you that life can not be planned out. You can not predetermine the path that life will take you. Every door opens up another challenge that you do not know about prior to it.

I also agree with you about "I am sorry" being harder to say than "I love you" I think that people tend to throw the I love you around too easily.

As for the topic of the thread.. I think that once you stop looking it will find you .. Love is not something you are supposed to hunt for ... It is something that is supposed to find you when you least expect it...

Just remember that until you truly love yourself and are happy with yourself, you can not know what love and happiness are with someone else.