PDA

View Full Version : The Loft: Butches and Femmes in their 40s, 50s and over.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Jet
11-17-2009, 01:46 PM
A place to visit and relate to each other being in our 40s & 50s and over. Topics vary on anything you want to share.
(Barb I stole your original thread and moved it over here lol)

Jet
11-20-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm bumping this up. Am I the only one who's old?...LOL

Apocalipstic
11-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Nahhh, lots of oldies here :)

I love being 46 though, nothing to prove. :)

Jet
11-20-2009, 01:34 PM
You're way young....

Apocalipstic
11-20-2009, 01:42 PM
You're way young....

Yeah, an infant! :)

Apocalipstic
11-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Seriously though, so many of my friends have always been younger but I am pretty settled now and don't party like I once did. I do feel very old in some ways. My immediate circle of friends is changing radically.

I find myself more and more wanting to be home in front of the fireplace with my honey and our dogs and kitties, I never imagined I would reach an age where I would rather eat dirt than go out. The only time I have more than 2 cocktails is at family stuff...and I consider that medicinal...ha.

Last weekend, we actually went to a bar with a friend, and as soon as the crowd lumbered in, we went home. It was 9:30. Yep. There used to be a time when I was at the bar almost every night...though who can afford that and a house now?

Anyone else see a change in things you enjoy and friendships as you age?

Cowboi
11-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Oldie here..........

Kimbo
11-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Seriously though, so many of my friends have always been younger but I am pretty settled now and don't party like I once did. I do feel very old in some ways. My immediate circle of friends is changing radically.

I find myself more and more wanting to be home in front of the fireplace with my honey and our dogs and kitties, I never imagined I would reach an age where I would rather eat dirt than go out. The only time I have more than 2 cocktails is at family stuff...and I consider that medicinal...ha.

Last weekend, we actually went to a bar with a friend, and as soon as the crowd lumbered in, we went home. It was 9:30. Yep. There used to be a time when I was at the bar almost every night...though who can afford that and a house now?

Anyone else see a change in things you enjoy and friendships as you age?

Many many changes, things I notice are about the same as yours. Staying up til midnight is a late night, and I cracked up when I visited my best friend of 30 years recently and he said "no drinking on a work night".

I really enjoy staying home. Now the big change for me is to move, had the economy not tanked I would of done it by now. My bones need warmth and sun...the cold, damp Seattle winters have run their course with me.

I'm sure I'll be back with more but right now I've gotta take a nap..hehe:shocking:

Lady Jewel
11-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Hey all :) I am 48 and would not change all the years of experience to be young again for all the money in the world. I am in place where I know who I am, where I am going and really like myself.

Jewel

Jet
11-20-2009, 10:02 PM
There used to be a time when I was at the bar almost every night...

God I remember those days.

Lady Jewel
11-20-2009, 10:04 PM
I think I got very lucky and pretty much avoided the bar life. And for sure at my age, I have zero interest in it.

God I remember those days.

HumV4me
11-20-2009, 10:06 PM
~~HEY~~ 41, here. And a Grandmother... I prefer it as **G-Ma**.

And I'm just waiting to get over to whole "Hang on to your youth" thing so I can just stop dying the grey and cut the color right outa my hair... yes... I'm go'na to cut that color right outa my hair.

LOL

I find myself focused on taking care of the parents now... the role has totally flipped... I'm the caretaker now. CRAZY! I would never had imagined such a thing happening.

I do good getting 3 or 4 events a ~~YEAR~~ now with all the ((grown up)) things I have to do.

Diva
11-20-2009, 10:50 PM
I'll be 57 my next birthday (Feb).....that sounds so surreal to me! lol I don't FEEL 57......I don't feel as though I LOOK 57.....I certainly don't ACT 57!!

That being said, I DO find that I am increasingly more impatient with people who act the fool. If You're cranky, mean to people, shit~stirrers or passive~aggressive, I really don't have time for that.

There's a part of me that is really looking forward to being a grandmother, but I'm not telling my daughter that! lol And I'm not having the "Grandma/Granny/MeeMaw/Nana" stuff.....I'm going to teach them something unusual....like "Diva". Yes....it has served me well for many years.....it might as well continue on..... :eyebat:

Abigail Crabby
11-20-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm thinking this is where I belong - cuz I've kissed 50 and s/he kissed me back a couple of times :3femme:

WolfyOne
11-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Looking around the place and liking this Loft. Wondering how I missed seeing this thread. Pulling up an overstuffed recliner and getting comfy because.....well, just because I can, lol. I'm just gonna watch for a while as I sit back and check ya'll out.

WolfyOne
11-20-2009, 11:48 PM
~~HEY~~ 41, here. And a Grandmother... I prefer it as **G-Ma**.

And I'm just waiting to get over to whole "Hang on to your youth" thing so I can just stop dying the grey and cut the color right outa my hair... yes... I'm go'na to cut that color right outa my hair.

LOL

I find myself focused on taking care of the parents now... the role has totally flipped... I'm the caretaker now. CRAZY! I would never had imagined such a thing happening.

I do good getting 3 or 4 events a ~~YEAR~~ now with all the ((grown up)) things I have to do.

Personally I think grey is sexy and you wear it so well.

Kimbo
11-21-2009, 11:55 AM
That being said, I DO find that I am increasingly more impatient with people who act the fool. If You're cranky, mean to people, shit~stirrers or passive~aggressive, I really don't have time for that.

Ya know this is so very true -- I have no patients for fucking games, I'm to damn old. If a person can't deal with issues head on then fuck 'em, it's juvenile and energy wasting.

I became a grand kinda person/parent last year when my son married a woman who has a child. He is 16, I think he's to old for us to bond...and he just calls me Kim which is alright with me.

Happy weekend Lofters...

I am fortunate to be spending the day with many others from my B-F family -- I feel some trouble coming on.

morningstar55
11-21-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm bumping this up. Am I the only one who's old?...LOL

... hell no. ya old fart...... :superfunny:
thank u ....... Ol jet. for giving us other old farts a hang out place.... hehe
:bunchflowers:

Jet
11-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Well hey everybody welcome to the thread...I'm on and off here real fast, getting ready to see the movie Precious. I should say I'm bracing myself for it considering the subject matter and some pretty upsetting scenes.

Y'all have a good day.

Andrew, Jr.
11-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi All! I'm 46 yo. This last year has really aged me. Life is very unfair, and unkind, but I am surviving.

I will definitely be back to see my friends who are in the same boat.

Namaste,
Andrew :hangloose:

ksrainbow
11-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Well, let me say this! being 50 something: I cannot say that I am the most knowldegeable nor poetic about my age! But I can attest to being my age is wonderful! (only if I knew then what I know now) kinda info! Adding a 23 yr old son to the mix has added even more of "wishes"!

It is great to be settled and sound in many ways, but 'newness' is always a venue that I admit I am attracted too! To have the ability to enjoy fresh and open thoughts and experiences etc. is what keeps me striving for knowledge! Please do share words of wisdom and adventures that willl assist me away from the 'rut' that I so easily fall into !

ks

Jet
11-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Hi Lofters, just got back from seeing Precious. I have no comment about the movie. Good to see people joining in the Loft. I'll be around tonight checking in from time to time.

ksrainbow
11-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Hi Jet: sorry if I am outta the loop...."Precious" ? Help me out lol! I am an old 50 something :cat:

Jet
11-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi Jet: sorry if I am outta the loop...."Precious" ? Help me out lol! I am an old 50 something :cat:

Precious is produced by Oprah and Tyler Perry based on the book "Push" by Sapphire.

Both coast newspapers and Rolling Stone are singing its praises. it opened in Atlanta a few days ago.

morningstar55
11-21-2009, 05:18 PM
....... im hangin here about 15 miles north of Louisville KY.. into Ind.....
bored to tears.....:whine:
i been reading some postings here........ and i must say ..
it makes me wonder how I made it this far.. in my life.... heh..
and the mention of life being unfair... and just surviving... well .. tis can be all true i guess.. and i am sure i could dwell on all that myself
but ya know what.???
i am still alive..... and enjoying my life to its fullest.. despite some set backs.
its amazing how we all keep moving forward..
its not a matter of just surviving.... its a matter of living and enjoying life and things and those around you.

ksrainbow
11-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Aww yes have heard...being in Kansas the theaters are not up to the latest news or flicks! will take notice! thank you jet......

ks

Pennysparkles
11-22-2009, 03:15 AM
:3femme: hi there, I'm happy to see a room for oldies :)

I'm 45, living in the UK and feel younger every day!

morningstar55
11-22-2009, 06:15 AM
mawning lofters
for some reason i could not find the coffee drinking smilie on the list thingie..
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/morningstar1955/0725080604.jpg

hpychick
11-22-2009, 06:47 AM
I'm 45, a mom of 3, a grandmother of 6...and guess what??? I'm still sparkly!!!

Life gets more beautiful as the days go along.

Unndunn
11-22-2009, 08:59 AM
44 year old butch here. I still stay up until all hours of the night, but I'm much more of a homebody than I ever used to be and I rarely drink or go out to bars anymore. I truly have no interest in dealing with anyone who tries to bring drama or chaos into my life. If you don't like your life or the way you feel, work on it. I've worked hard to overcome a lot in my life and I expect others to try to do the same. I moved home last winter to take care of my mother and she passed away in August. My father, who was my favorite person in the world, died two years ago. It's been hard but I've learned a lot about myself, including how strong I am. I think most of us at this age start to really understand ourselves.

My nephew (23) and niece (19) are extremely important to me, especially because I don't have kids. Unless we are counting furbabies. If we count them, I have a black lab named Murphy and a little black cat named Reilly. Okay, more than enough about me. Thanks for starting the thread, Jet.
:thumbsup:

BullDog
11-22-2009, 09:23 AM
Great thread Jet. 47 years old and still going strong. I can't say I have slowed down much from my wild and crazy days since I wasn't ever that wild and crazy to begin with, lol. One thing that I have discovered as I grow older is time definitely does seem to fly by the older I get. I try to remember to take the time to appreciate people and things in my life. Also nothing replaces life experience. Nothing. And us older types do have more of it. ;)

Jet
11-22-2009, 09:48 AM
You're right. Sometimes I can't get over how fast times flies. I don't feel like I'm 53 and they tell me I don't look 53 either. lol You know, I missed out on my 40's from being a trauma survivor, and now that I'm passed so much of that, it feels like I'm picking up where I left off. I work out like I'm in my 30's and I'm really grateful to be able to do that so as time passes I can stay as fit as I can. I quit smoking 3 years ago and don't even miss it. Anyway, I feel like I'm 53 going on 35.

Hello Lofters! Gotta keep this bumped up so more people join in. Hope you're all enjoying the weekend.

Jet
11-22-2009, 09:56 AM
......I can just stop dying the grey and cut the color right outa my hair... yes... I'm go'na to cut that color right outa my hair.

LOL

Did you really mean"I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair..."?Yep, you belong in here...this is the place for folks who are old enough to hum tunes from South Pacific....LOL
Awwww hell, ain't it grand to be older to remember great stuff?

YouTube- I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Out Of My Hair - South Pacific - Complete Audio

Lynn
11-22-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm 49, going on 50 in August. I always felt good about getting older and, hopefully, wiser. But, 50 is kind of daunting. I'm told I look younger, like in my 30's. But, does that eventually catch up with someone, and become odd rather than attractive? We'll see! I'm a lot happier in my 40's than I ever was before. Coming out and being myself, and all that, is a great stress reliever and source of energy and inspiration! I'm always looking for the right hangout, so thanks for setting this up.

Jet
11-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Welcome to the Loft, Lynn.

morningstar55
11-22-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm 49, going on 50 in August. I always felt good about getting older and, hopefully, wiser. But, 50 is kind of daunting. I'm told I look younger, like in my 30's. But, does that eventually catch up with someone, and become odd rather than attractive? We'll see! I'm a lot happier in my 40's than I ever was before. Coming out and being myself, and all that, is a great stress reliever and source of energy and inspiration! I'm always looking for the right hangout, so thanks for setting this up.

oh wow.... i can relate to a lot of that.....
i think as butchs get older....... they get more handsome... heh
that distinguished look.....;)

HumV4me
11-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Personally I think grey is sexy and you wear it so well.

Thank you so much my friend... LOL

I'm 45, a mom of 3, a grandmother of 6...and guess what??? I'm still sparkly!!!

Life gets more beautiful as the days go along.

WE LOVE ~~SPARKLY~~!

Great thread Jet. 47 years old and still going strong. I can't say I have slowed down much from my wild and crazy days since I wasn't ever that wild and crazy to begin with, lol. One thing that I have discovered as I grow older is time definitely does seem to fly by the older I get. I try to remember to take the time to appreciate people and things in my life. Also nothing replaces life experience. Nothing. And us older types do have more of it. ;)

I have to agree here also. This year is one of the fastest years I've ever seen go by... and the ironic thing about time going by so fast is... (((I say the same thing every year))) so it seems.

Did you really mean"I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair..."?Yep, you belong in here...this is the place for folks who are old enough to hum tunes from South Pacific....LOL
Awwww hell, ain't it grand to be older to remember great stuff?

Now that is a good one... I didn't think about that tune... but the tune I was thinking about was the old hair coloring commercial ~~I'm gon'a wash that grey right outa my hair!~~ LOL It's all along the same lines though.

friskyfemme
11-22-2009, 11:55 AM
My dear Jet,
I prefer polished, refined, experienced, wise and /or vivacious references myself. Afterall, I have lived beyond that 1/2 century mark. 'The more you grow the more you glow'.

Jet
11-22-2009, 12:08 PM
My dear Jet,
I prefer polished, refined, experienced, wise and /or vivacious references myself. Afterall, I have lived beyond that 1/2 century mark. 'The more you grow the more you glow'.

dayum! I don't have a comeback...first time I'm at a loss for words.....

Jet
11-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Now that is a good one... I didn't think about that tune... but the tune I was thinking about was the old hair coloring commercial ~~I'm gon'a wash that grey right outa my hair!~~ LOL It's all along the same lines though.[/QUOTE]

that's where Clairol or whomever got their Idea..lol

Kimbo
11-22-2009, 12:42 PM
'The more you grow the more you glow'.

Love this....

:goodpost:

Apocalipstic
11-22-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't have any grandkids, but I am AuntieJen and Aunt Jenny, depending who you ask! I was wild running in the bars in my 20s, I was not fit to bring anyone into this world. My sister and some of my friends have had kids in their 40's, but I can't have kids anymore, and even if I could I don't see myself as a very good influence. Laugh.

I love the more you grow, the more you glow! :)

Jet, I love musicals too, I saw South Pacific live many years ago with Robert Goulet. Fabulous! Have you seen the West Side story revival?

HumV, I don't know about going gray..I am not ready. When I am, I think I will go for blue and match it with all my clothes.

Time does go wayy faster!

Jet
11-22-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't have any grandkids, but I am AuntieJen and Aunt Jenny, depending who you ask! I was wild running in the bars in my 20s, I was not fit to bring anyone into this world. My sister and some of my friends have had kids in their 40's, but I can't have kids anymore, and even if I could I don't see myself as a very good influence. Laugh.

I love the more you grow, the more you glow! :)

Jet, I love musicals too, I saw South Pacific live many years ago with Robert Goulet. Fabulous! Have you seen the West Side story revival?

HumV, I don't know about going gray..I am not ready. When I am, I think I will go for blue and match it with all my clothes.

Time does go wayy faster!

No I haven't seen the WSS revival and I'm not sure I would want to. Some things are best left alone in my book. Natalie Wood (w/Marnie Nixon's voice) and the whole cast and direction from Robert Wise. I could listen to "Tonight" and "Maria" and "Blues Promenade " at the dance in the gym, over and over...beautiful. I chose West Side Story as my signature because it connotes my kind of old school.

Apocalipstic
11-22-2009, 04:44 PM
No I haven't seen the WSS revival and I'm not sure I would want to. Some things are best left alone in my book. Natalie Wood (w/Marnie Nixon's voice) and the whole cast and direction from Robert Wise. I could listen to "Tonight" and "Maria" and "Blues Promenade " at the dance in the gym, over and over...beautiful. I chose West Side Story as my signature because it connotes my kind of old school.

I agree that the movie is just perfect! I have not seen it yet either, but may if I get the chance. I love seeing shows live and I want to see if and how they interpreted the angst of the time in which it was written.

Galahad
11-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Glad to see this thread.Thanks Jet. I'm 52, just a spring chicken. Taking care of my parents is aging me rapidly though. It's harder than having a two year old. I'm actually looking forward to my 80's when I get to be the cranky, stubborn old goat.

hpychick
11-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks Jet for the thread here! I'll be sure to stop by often!

Jet
11-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Glad to see this thread.Thanks Jet. I'm 52, just a spring chicken. Taking care of my parents is aging me rapidly though. It's harder than having a two year old. I'm actually looking forward to my 80's when I get to be the cranky, stubborn old goat.

Hey there...I know what you're saying. I'm 53 and the roles have reversed with my dad and I. He's so cranky and mad ...and stubborn as hell. My father and I had falling out for awhile over my sexuality...something else he could pick on...but we've reconciled. But to give you an exact idea of my dad...how he sounds and looks and moves and his bigoted vernacular.....Gran Torino totally with Clint Eastwood. It's my dad ditto up and down..not to mention my dad was in Korea.

So I hear what you're saying. Welcome to the thread and free to share whatever/whenever you like.

HumV4me
11-22-2009, 06:36 PM

OMGoodness.. I have had the child / parent role switch on me just this year... it is not easy at all to take care of your parents... expecialy when they are still up and able but not quite all the way and have intrusted you with their stuff and well being.

Believe me... I love role playing... BUT NOT LIKE THIS. I don't want to be the MOMMY/DADDY!

morningstar55
11-22-2009, 07:27 PM
evening lofters
is a pleasant evening here in the indy area
i have a early morning wake up..want to beat the rush hour traffic.. heh

BellaOctober1
11-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Yay! Love this.

I'm 54, and after 12 years, am about to be single again. Should be interesting.

Anyway. Great to see this board and be a part of it.

morningstar55
11-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Yay! Love this.

I'm 54, and after 12 years, am about to be single again. Should be interesting.

Anyway. Great to see this board and be a part of it.

hello bella [_]D

WolfyOne
11-22-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm enjoying this thread....reading is fundamental.

Boots13
11-23-2009, 01:35 AM
knock-knocking on 48, or 49 ... I forget.

At any rate, I havent celebrated a birthday in ages. Maybe thats why I
feel young, ignorance is bliss.

but then there's that constant noise :
creeek, craaack, groannn.

Isadora
11-23-2009, 03:08 AM
Now that I am almost 57, I get softer instead of tougher, I cry more, I hurt deeply, everything is closer to my skin.

I don't recover as fast and any set back is a chasm rather then a crack in the sidewalk. I am more sorry for my mistakes.

I see some things clearer and am less tolerant and more stubborn in some ways. I am less patient with fools, know-it-alls, liars and bullies. I am more patient with people that I love and respect.

I smile from the inside out when happy and cry. I cry from the inside out when hurt. I remember as my Grandparents aged they cried more...at everything...Goddess help me...

I still go out. A lot. I have a full schedule. I drink less but I still enjoy a very active social life. I am taking better care of my health. It may take my hips and knees a couple days to recover but I can still salsa and rumba with hip swaying joy!

I am still a night owl, I still get by on 6 hours of sleep but I love taking short naps in the afternoon. I love the nightlife....

Andrew, Jr.
11-23-2009, 02:51 PM
I am concerned with the healthcare system. We all know its broken. I am not sure of what the future is going to bring. It does make me nervous. This week I got a bill from my insurance carrier for $80 for my flu shot. Yep. I almost fell over with that one.

I live a full life. I have a very full schedule. I volunteer, and I also make sure to donate whenever I can. I want to make a difference in the lives of animals as well as people, esp. children.

I am very cautious with the relationships I have now. Some are golden, and some I don't even bother with. I do know that I thank God for my adopted family and my siblings there. I do think about the future and what is in store for all of us. :deepthoughts:

When my sister, JoAnn, died, a part of me died. I really thought in the back of my mind that she would be one of the lucky ones who would overcome the melanoma. No. That wasn't in God's plan. In turn, I have had to make peace with letting her go. It isn't easy. Not by a long shot. In fact, I think it is a wound that never really heals. I know in 50 years from now, I will still remember my beloved sister, and I will still miss her as much as I do today.

WolfyOne
11-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Now that I am almost 57, I get softer instead of tougher, I cry more, I hurt deeply, everything is closer to my skin.

I don't recover as fast and any set back is a chasm rather then a crack in the sidewalk. I am more sorry for my mistakes.

I see some things clearer and am less tolerant and more stubborn in some ways. I am less patient with fools, know-it-alls, liars and bullies. I am more patient with people that I love and respect.

I smile from the inside out when happy and cry. I cry from the inside out when hurt. I remember as my Grandparents aged they cried more...at everything...Goddess help me...

I still go out. A lot. I have a full schedule. I drink less but I still enjoy a very active social life. I am taking better care of my health. It may take my hips and knees a couple days to recover but I can still salsa and rumba with hip swaying joy!

I am still a night owl, I still get by on 6 hours of sleep but I love taking short naps in the afternoon. I love the nightlife....

I totally get what you're saying and just thought it was me. I'm just turning 51 next month and my emotional state has changed so much over the last year. Softer as I age is a great description. Along with the less tolerant and more stubborn (lord help those that know me). I sleep less than I used to. I'm lucky if I get 3 solid hours before waking up. Thing is, most days it's enough for me. I have to have a week of little sleep to want to nap though. I think that when we go through the change of life (I'm still in it), it's natural to get this way.

Jet
11-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Atlanta 1:17 am EST

I've been on this computer since 12:30 yesterday afternoon. Doing art, tutorials, and conceptual design. I fixed a great cajun soup and cooked up some chicken in apricot perserves and butter. Can't get enough of that.

Anyway just dropping in late tonight; I like the quiet. And I'm proud that I moved through a lot technical art stuff all day and still managed to get a workout in.

I'm waaaay overweight these days an working like hell to get it off.

Anyway Lofters have a great day and if I don't pop in tomorrow, have a nice Thanksgiving.

morningstar55
11-26-2009, 01:24 PM
good morning and Happy thanksgiving

i had a very big surprise when i got home yesterday.
to a dozen roses :cheer:

my daughter was grinning when i came thru the door...... heh..
ty sooo much to my handsome truckdriver
im at home and at my mom's. im not feeling to good today , been fighting some sort of bug, with a lot of coughing for the past 4 days. any ways, thank for all the awsome thanksgivng comments,
in my profile... id give some bk but my energy level is runing low right now... and need to go lay down. have a nice turkey day.:LGBTQFlag:

Jess
11-27-2009, 07:10 AM
Like many others here, I am getting a lot less tolerant with :deadhorse: and :argue: and try to spend more time :wateringgarden::lawnmower::laundryday: then if you throw in a little :awww: for the :1femme: and hopefully some :bedfuck: followed by :playingcat::dogwalking: I am all tuckered out and can only go night night .
It keeps things simple. Life is not so bad after 40 afterall :dance2:

The old :goat: who had to take out eight smilies to be able to post.. LOL

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Jet
11-28-2009, 06:49 AM
Hey Lofters, have a great weekend.

Lynn
11-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Good morning!

The holiday weekend slides away too quickly, as usual! We spent the holiday with my ex-husband and my daughters, which was interesting. :)

We spent time yesterday doing a "little" shopping. A trip for a bathtub hair-catcher thing turned into a purchasing extravaganza. I love my new dishes, though .:girleating: We also went to see "Old Dogs," again with the ex and one daughter. I expected it to be funny, but it was fantastic! I highly recommend it.

After a little cleanup today, my daughters (17 and 22) and older daughter's boyfriend will be over to put up the tree, play with the Wii, and have pizza.

Wishing everyone a relaxing weekend.

morningstar55
11-28-2009, 03:38 PM
evening Lofters ...
hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far.
as for me............ ** whimpering here**:cough: im still trying to get rid of this chest cold thing.
i been coughing and coughing.......:cough: tried hot showers.. hot tea.. honey .. why wont it get rid of this ahhhh stuff in my chest.. its making my throat sore:cough: :(

Jet
11-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Good morning!

: We also went to see "Old Dogs," again with the ex and one daughter. I expected it to be funny, but it was fantastic! I highly recommend it.

I just read that this got terrible reviews

Lynn
11-28-2009, 09:23 PM
I just read that this got terrible reviews

There are some really good movies out right now, so this one wouldn't necessarily be your first pick, I agree. It did get terrible reviews by the critics. The "people" gave it good reviews, though. There was a big disparity between the two. We checked it out after we saw it, just out of curiosity. It was really the only pick that we could agree on with my daughter. I'm glad we didn't read the reviews because I think we wouldn't have gone to see it. I feel that movies with comedians aren't always as funny as they could be, but Robin Williams and John Travolta didn't disappoint us. :popcorn:

SuperFemme
11-28-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm lofty. That is all. :smileywhip:

Turino
11-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Can I tell you all that I totally freaked out just now looking at the title Fine Wine: Folks over 50 and realized I belong here now..

hold me while I give a Fine Whine

:hospital-snoopy::help:

hpychick
11-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Can I tell you all that I totally freaked out just now looking at the title Fine Wine: Folks over 50 and realized I belong here now..

Welcome to the land of fine wines and beautiful women!

Jet
11-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Hey Lofters, just in for second to say hey. I'm burning the midnight oil. Everyone have a great rest of the week.

morningstar55
12-01-2009, 05:37 AM

**giggling here** why are u so cute??? LOL ..

good morning Lofters

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/morningstar1955/47.gif
im soo tired of coughing and hacking wish something would give so i can get some relief..
its bk to work today.. yeha..
annnnnnnnd its snowing here.. oh boy.
hope everyone has a good day.

Kimbo
12-02-2009, 10:52 PM

It's amazing how quickly it happens...

morningstar55
12-03-2009, 03:48 AM
mawning lofters..
welp.... i have landed here in NJ land.. got bk to work after a long thanksgiving weekend... and on top of it been pretty sick... wish i could of stayed home and rested a bit more........ but someones gotta make the doughnuts..
getting better though 1 day at a time....(f)

hpychick
12-03-2009, 06:15 AM
Last night, at my last walk of the evening with Jack (my dog) my body was aching slightly...could this be the dreaded *cold in my bones* pains that I heard my mother talk about as she aged? I want to rebel!

Jet
12-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Last night, at my last walk of the evening with Jack (my dog) my body was aching slightly...could this be the dreaded *cold in my bones* pains that I heard my mother talk about as she aged? I want to rebel!

stretch....a lot....before you walk.

Petal Soft
12-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I remember taking stuff to my Dad to show him and him moving my hand further away to try focus on it, I always thought it made him seem old and doddery somehow......now I do it all the time to my children!!

:simplelaugh:

~~~Petal~~~

Wryly
12-04-2009, 09:30 AM
46 - although I don't feel it, and rarely act it.

...I still stay up until all hours of the night, but I'm much more of a homebody than I ever used to be and I rarely drink or go out to bars anymore. I truly have no interest in dealing with anyone who tries to bring drama or chaos into my life. If you don't like your life or the way you feel, work on it. I've worked hard to overcome a lot in my life and I expect others to try to do the same.
...It's been hard but I've learned a lot about myself, including how strong I am. I think most of us at this age start to really understand ourselves.

I stay up late too - surfing or watching tv. I was never one for going out to bars but even when I do now I tend to be the designated driver.
I hear you on the drama and chaos! I'm posting less and less at a different site simply because of someone like that.
I'm more likely to just walk away than argue over something meaningless. And I'm less forgiving or tolerant - if someone lies or steals I will cut them off and not think twice and not feel guilty - while a few years ago I would have angsted over it and ended up putting up with crappy behaviour like that.

I feel the cold more now. I wear slippers because the tile in the kitchen is too cold. I pull a blanket over me when I'm watching tv because I feel a draft from the patio door. And what about the whole walking thing??? When did that start!? I've never had much of a figure (or maybe it is too much??) but now I walk for my health. That is so strange.

morningstar55
12-04-2009, 08:52 PM

am with u ........... i wanna rebel too... lol

hey ya lofters ....... landed here near the Charlotte NC area..
visited with one of my best friends i grew up with she adopted a new horse... and omg.. he is sooooooooooo cute........... a mini 28" tall.. i will post pix soon as i get them down loaded off my camera

speaking of the going out verse staying at home topic.....
i find that as i have grown older i go out less.... i dont drink much .. i do like a beer now and then but hell...... im lucky if i drink 1 or 2 out of a month.
i spend all this time on the road. when i go home you would think id run off to the gay bars to see friends..... which i would.. or do...... but its very rare... these days... i just wanna stay home and veg out in front of the TV..

Kimbo
12-04-2009, 08:56 PM
I remember taking stuff to my Dad to show him and him moving my hand further away to try focus on it, I always thought it made him seem old and doddery somehow......now I do it all the time to my children!!

:simplelaugh:

~~~Petal~~~

I feel your pain ~~ I gave in today and made the appt with the eye doc...I feel bifocals coming on.

:whoop:

WolfyOne
12-04-2009, 09:56 PM
evening Lofters ...
hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far.
as for me............ ** whimpering here**:cough: im still trying to get rid of this chest cold thing.
i been coughing and coughing.......:cough: tried hot showers.. hot tea.. honey .. why wont it get rid of this ahhhh stuff in my chest.. its making my throat sore:cough: :(

Did you send your cold to my house because 2 of us have been suffering the same way as you. I can actually feel your pain all the way over here. i hope as of today, since my post is days after you posted that you're feeling much better.

WolfyOne
12-04-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm lofty. That is all. :smileywhip:

You look lofty with that whip.....that is all.

morningstar55
12-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Did you send your cold to my house because 2 of us have been suffering the same way as you. I can actually feel your pain all the way over here. i hope as of today, since my post is days after you posted that you're feeling much better.

ha well that is sort of an old post....... i ended up in the ER early sunday morning..... anyways... im taking some antibitocs and doing a bit better.. still have some coughing thats seems to be hangin around..... but chest doesnt rattle like it was.... or wheez
and on that note im headed for bed....... hope u 2 get to feeling better.

Wryly
12-04-2009, 10:09 PM
A busy day: a drive out of town, quick visit to family, visit to parents graves, dinner with brother and then driving back home. Had to stop and take a quick nap along the way - just so tired.
Things went well - just a phone call to make tomorrow to thank someone for a job well done and I'll be almost caught up!

Also got my passport today! That didn't take long at all - little over a week.

morningstar55
12-05-2009, 07:52 AM
A busy day: a drive out of town, quick visit to family, visit to parents graves, dinner with brother and then driving back home. Had to stop and take a quick nap along the way - just so tired.
Things went well - just a phone call to make tomorrow to thank someone for a job well done and I'll be almost caught up!

Also got my passport today! That didn't take long at all - little over a week.

... i went and got my drivers lisense in hanced suppose to work like a pass port.. but i know i would still like to get a reg. pass port...
im hoping i can camp next yr at the cedars ... i was there last yr even was able to park the panther truck there.... ha soo that was awsome.
thanx to Roguefemme and her Sir Izzac:thumbsup:

anyways. its raining here in NC .. and i hear there is snow in Bufalo .. ha..
i have to drive later today..... in fact i have a load going to canada.. but have to swap it in Buffalo.. hope i have the drive hrs to get it all the way there. would be nice to get home again already.. lol :rudreindeer:

morningstar55
12-15-2009, 07:07 AM
mawning lofters....
:coffee:

its a chilly and yet foggy day here near Charlotte NC...
hope it warms up.. so i can enjoy it some.....
and hoping they send me a load to do going more south or south west.. lol not ready to head north yet...... but i never know where im heading until they dispatch me a load anyways.
hope everyone has a great tuesday.:rudreindeer:

morningstar55
12-16-2009, 07:40 AM
morning Loft dwellers and peekers

haha.. it sure seems like it...... cause since last fri .. i went up to TN over to Va , then bk down to charlotte area .. then did some load around here. that took up way to much time , i hate them kinda loads , that are short and seem way to easy they end up being a headache...

and my wonderful GPS that my company has in here...... I DO NOT TRUST IT........

example......

it took my down a dirt road yesterday and out in the boonies passin a big chicken farm, with a cute house on it... lol then more woods and clearings where a bunch of buzzards were enjoying some lunch on summtin....to the same adress street name and number.... to a dirt drive way with a bunch of mail box's at the end of it..

well i ended up calling the shipper and it seems that.. MY company had the wrong name at the end of the adress was suppose to be drive... not road. just a lil tiny mishap like that sent me out in the boonies.

then it turned out i was 8 miles away from where i was suppose to be......

im just glad i dont have a trailer to tote around...
anyways have a great hump day.:bbq:

Jess
12-16-2009, 10:27 AM
I feel your pain ~~ I gave in today and made the appt with the eye doc...I feel bifocals coming on.

:whoop:

Oh boy! Make sure to get progressive lens! I still play bobble head and miss a step or two with the new :glasses:

Good luck!!

T D
12-16-2009, 11:16 AM
I find myself looking around a store (or wherever) for someone younger to read the label on products to me. I usually can't make them out anymore, and I never seem to have my reading glasses with me. LOL

Jess
12-16-2009, 12:08 PM
I find myself looking around a store (or wherever) for someone younger to read the label on products to me. I usually can't make them out anymore, and I never seem to have my reading glasses with me. LOL

LOL! Yep! We also keep the CC on the tv all the time or have it up to concert level! Recently purchased two larger tv's so I can actually read them w/o my glasses!
I used to wonder why grandpa always sat so close to the blaring television.. now I know! :seconddoh:

morningstar55
12-16-2009, 08:07 PM

been there done that........ LOL
i have a extra pair at my mom's just in case....
and at home.....
in my truck i have 2 pair.. lol ..... i like the colorful ones.

Jet
12-16-2009, 08:26 PM
53 and lifting weights like I'm 35. I feel blessed. Y'all have a good night.

hpychick
12-16-2009, 08:32 PM
I love being my age. I look around and while there are some things I could have done differently, for whatever reason, at the time, I made the best choices I could. No judgment. Acceptance only. Of who I am. Of where I am. In ten years, I'll do things differently, but I hope in the looking back on them, I'll feel similarly as now.

morningstar55
12-16-2009, 08:51 PM
wow was going thru some christmas youtubes...... and this one well.. is a good one.. lol

YouTube- Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby 2006.

morningstar55
12-17-2009, 10:12 AM
jumping up and down here.... running in circle's..... waving my NEW cd around.. LOL wooHoo i got myself a christmas prezzy.. hahaha................ the new release......... offfffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Suzan Boyle CD !!!!!:stocking:

morningstar55
12-18-2009, 08:39 PM
evening Loft dwellers and peekers

well here i am stuck wayy up by wytherville VA well between that and roanoak VA off i81 , i left charlotte NC around 12 30pm to go 180 miles to here and i got here at 7 30 tonight.. the snow and roads r soooo BAD!!!!!!! i get to the place to drop off my load and no ones there .. OOYY i was ON TIME too believe it or not..

soooooooooooooo my company is going to have me get paid for dention time.. that like $20 an hr up to 9 hrs plus lay over pay

and its snowing soo fast and hard here the plows cant keep up with it all... traffic was at a crawl most of the way here. from NC .. *sigh* and well im ... like unwinding..... im pooped. gonna brush my teeth and head to bed here shortly

morningstar55
12-29-2009, 06:41 AM
mawning lofters :coffee:
hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend........and getting ready for the up coming new year.
i see this thread has been dead for a spell....... trying to bump it up here.
time to make the coffee.

morningstar55
12-29-2009, 08:27 PM
evening lofters......
hey hmmm ....... its seems i am just talking to myself in here .. like some crazy person......
or has all the older mature folks ........... gone from the site???:thinking:

anyways....... ben trying to find that christmas card exchange thread...... but its lost somewhere am guessing.
i want to thank all whom sent me cards.. i think im up to 30 just about..... and still have a couple here and there trickling in still.... best late then never eyy?? lol
welp im heading to bed ........ nity nites

morningstar55
12-30-2009, 05:38 AM
good morning.... lofters....
where ever all the lofters are

hmm noticed several peeking in here last night...
i guess... maybe they r shy?? scared of summtin??
dont want to chat with crazy person like me in here talking to myself ..... i dunno...
its freezin here n ol buffalo NY.... down to 10 degrees here.

friskyfemme
12-30-2009, 08:05 PM
good morning.... lofters....
where ever all the lofters are

hmm noticed several peeking in here last night...
i guess... maybe they r shy?? scared of summtin??
dont want to chat with crazy person like me in here talking to myself ..... i dunno...
its freezin here n ol buffalo NY.... down to 10 degrees here.
Good evening morningstar(sorry couldn't resist the pun :) ),
I haven't been back in here for a while. I am having another birthday on Sunday! I love birthdays. I like celebrate a whole week for me and loved ones. However, nowdays I'm on my own to celebrate being on my own. I am going to our new Wildlife Zoo and Aquarium with some friends. I always like to do something different for my birthday. It's hard to find someone that likes to do these things too. Also, being right after New Year's everyone seems worn out. Especially the older I get. Have a happy and safe New Year.

morningstar55
01-03-2010, 07:37 AM
Good evening morningstar(sorry couldn't resist the pun :) ),
I haven't been back in here for a while. I am having another birthday on Sunday! I love birthdays. I like celebrate a whole week for me and loved ones. However, nowdays I'm on my own to celebrate being on my own. I am going to our new Wildlife Zoo and Aquarium with some friends. I always like to do something different for my birthday. It's hard to find someone that likes to do these things too. Also, being right after New Year's everyone seems worn out. Especially the older I get. Have a happy and safe New Year.

mawning.... Lofters and morning to you frisky ...
sorry i didnt get bk here sooner.....
just this thread is .. kinda laying dead in the water.... i been here talking to myself like a some crazy person....
maybe others are skeer'd to come post in here??
or maybe they think its boring??
hope you had a new holiday ..

Wryly
01-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Hey Morningstar and Frisky!

haven't been around here - partly due to the holidays. i check out the different boards but really no time to post. maybe things will be better this year.

not much happening with me - still single, unemployed. but I know that this year won't suck as much as 2009 did!

btw - new pic of me in photos

morningstar55
01-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Hey Morningstar and Frisky!

haven't been around here - partly due to the holidays. i check out the different boards but really no time to post. maybe things will be better this year.

not much happening with me - still single, unemployed. but I know that this year won't suck as much as 2009 did!

btw - new pic of me in photos

hey ya there.... Wrylss .... cool pix ...
:flowers:

Jet
01-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Hello everyone.

It's my first day back on the Planet and i just wanted to drop in and say hey, have a great weekend.

morningstar55
01-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Hello everyone.

It's my first day back on the Planet and i just wanted to drop in and say hey, have a great weekend.

hey ya Ol jet........ wb
i been trying to keep the loft bumped up here........ but ummm been kinda talking to myself for a lil while there...
and well.... glad to see u bumping it up some.. now lol

Sachita
01-10-2010, 09:22 AM
hey ya Ol jet........ wb
i been trying to keep the loft bumped up here........ but ummm been kinda talking to myself for a lil while there...
and well.... glad to see u bumping it up some.. now lol

I think everyone is just busy from the holidays and getting back on track with life. I'm sure now that this cold is setting in everyone will be back around and hanging.

If you get lonely and need interesting discussion just nudge me and I'll entertain you! I'm not much for fluff but great for conversation.

Take care

morningstar55
01-10-2010, 09:24 AM
I think everyone is just busy from the holidays and getting back on track with life. I'm sure now that this cold is setting in everyone will be back around and hanging.

If you get lonely and need interesting discussion just nudge me and I'll entertain you! I'm not much for fluff but great for conversation.

Take care

no fluff?? lol ........ ok.......
im web surfing bk and forth here..... lol

Jet
01-10-2010, 01:37 PM
I don't feel like I'm in my 50s. People always say I look like I'm in my early 40s.

Galahad
01-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Lost the first one.I don't feel like I'm in my 50's either. But I do look like it. Jet you have some great pictures, you don't look like you are 50+. Lucky you. Pure living or what? Share your secrets. Got to get busy and get ready for work.

morningstar55
01-10-2010, 03:28 PM
hey ya Galahad ..... Ol Jet sters there does have some awsome pics...
im 54 .. i get told i dont look my age at times.....
this yr i bought a walking stick..... lol umm i use it when i go for long walks.

Jet
01-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Lost the first one.I don't feel like I'm in my 50's either. But I do look like it. Jet you have some great pictures, you don't look like you are 50+. Lucky you. Pure living or what? Share your secrets. Got to get busy and get ready for work.

Thanks. Just genetics I guess. My shots were taken 2008 and 09. They tell me i look younger than my pics, I can't say i agree.

Health for my skin and body:

No smoking
Exercise
Great, balanced diet.

I'm not a guru about this stuff, just common sense. The other thing is, I lift weights like I'm in my mid-30s. I lift more now than i did back then and my endurance and focus levels are better now. I have no idea why. heh..

friskyfemme
01-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Hope you're doing better today! :dance2:

What you been upto this weekend? :flyaway:

morningstar55
01-18-2010, 05:17 AM
mawning LOft dwellers...
:rollcat::rollcat:
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/morningstar1955/0827080840a.jpg

im waiting for this mc donalds to open so i can grap a coffee... i have some oatmeal and kashi cereal in my truck.

but not hungry ....... well yet anyways..... heh

yesterday i bought and made this awsome looking pork tenderloin roast.....

it was in one of them vacum packed plastic bag things..anyways.. cooked it up.. smelled great.... but OMG.. it was soo full of salt. BIG time.... i couldnt eat it..and then it started messin up my tummy a lil bit..and i had to do bathroom runs.... oYYY .... good thing i didnt eat more of it.. it was awful....... and i got this at wal mart. and told them about it.. they gave me my money back ..

the roast got tossed out...

DONT buy meat at wal mart... or at least in them vacume bag things.. thats the 1st time i bought meat like that..and it will be my last.

DELSDAUGHTER
01-18-2010, 05:23 AM
Good Morning lofters.......:dogwalking:

new to the planet.....

morningstar55
01-18-2010, 05:33 AM
Good Morning lofters.......:dogwalking:

new to the planet.....

mawning to u ....... Dels.. nice to see u here in the Loft.

DELSDAUGHTER
01-18-2010, 05:43 AM
mawning to u ....... Dels.. nice to see u here in the Loft.

trying to find my home on this site..:worried:...any reccomendations?

morningstar55
01-18-2010, 05:52 AM
trying to find my home on this site..:worried:...any reccomendations?

your home??? haha.. umm well....... i dont know.. i been trying to find one too..
Ol jet .. started this thread which seems nice..kinda like one i started somewhere else.. heh
i and few others been trying to keep it bumped up and running. for a while there i was posting and talking to myself here for a while......
i would like to establish a home myself here.....

morningstar55
01-18-2010, 06:12 AM
ok i igot a message from soneone from a dating site i really havnt been too in a long long time........
and well they wanted to ask a courious ?

" whats a gentlemen butch"

i went and looked at thsi persons profile...... they claim to be a soft butch lesbian.. .... hmmm

i repleyed with ......
" Do you know what a gentlemen is ???"
will see if they can do the math..:huhlaugh:

DELSDAUGHTER
01-18-2010, 06:13 AM
your home??? haha.. umm well....... i dont know.. i been trying to find one too..
Ol jet .. started this thread which seems nice..kinda like one i started somewhere else.. heh
i and few others been trying to keep it bumped up and running. for a while there i was posting and talking to myself here for a while......
i would like to establish a home myself here.....

maybe if i cant find one...i should make one...lol

ill have to think about it......

DELSDAUGHTER
01-18-2010, 06:15 AM
ok i igot a message from soneone from a dating site i really havnt been too in a long long time........

i went and looked at thsi persons profile...... they claim to be a soft butch lesbian.. .... hmmm

i repleyed with ......

you should have said it was "an old school type butch that knows how to treat a "lady"

morningstar55
01-18-2010, 06:19 AM
maybe if i cant find one...i should make one...lol

ill have to think about it......

ha... there ya go.. or maybe just make in here.... i dont know.. up to u

morningstar55
01-18-2010, 06:22 AM
you should have said it was "an old school type butch that knows how to treat a "lady"

.. true....... wonder if i should give her the link to the planet..
i dont mind promoting the site .. in my travels......
i even made up some lil tag type things.... with the site name on it....
for bf folks i meet out here on the road.. but only give it out ones im most sure of. it could help promote new members and hopfully some paying ones to help support the site.

DELSDAUGHTER
01-18-2010, 06:23 AM
ha... there ya go.. or maybe just make in here.... i dont know.. up to u

we will have to wait and see if i can come up with something clever:thumbsup:

morningstar55
01-18-2010, 11:02 AM
i have a load..... wooHoo.....

and will be landing around Sevierville TN....... where that is .. i have NO idea.. have yet to map it all out.....

have a good day all.

DELSDAUGHTER
01-18-2010, 12:01 PM

and will be landing around Sevierville TN....... where that is .. i have NO idea.. have yet to map it all out.....

have a good day all.

cool safe trip

Cowboi
01-18-2010, 02:07 PM

have a good day all.

You will be right out of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg!!!

Wryly
01-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Well - today is definately a Monday!
Had to go and see about renewing my driver's licence, renewing the tags and, since I recently moved, I have to have the address updated, too. I get there and they tell me I have to have an emissions test!
jeez - this is getting expensive!

Hopefully things will go better.

Jet
01-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Just dropping in to say hey.

As some of you know I'm a contract designer; Atlanta is a big contract town, it's hard to get a permanent gig here. I interviewed last week, it went really well, but I didn't get the position. There were red flags in the interview: they went through 4 designers in 9 years—bad track record. So maybe it's a blessing. Not to mention an incredible workload for one designer. Have a good week y'all.

morningstar55
01-18-2010, 10:52 PM
You will be right out of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg!!!

yes i am ... ha....
and im parked for the night........ tired too.

Wryly..... talk about expense's renewing your drivers license. try renewing a CDL.. whewwwwwwwwww $160 ... plus.... $40 to have it inhanced for the boarder thing.
anyways......... im off to go watch something on tv..
nites

LieslKate
01-18-2010, 11:31 PM

AMEN !

:cheer:

LieslKate
01-18-2010, 11:38 PM

i repleyed with ......

Some one with manners, class and maybe OFOS?

LieslKate
01-18-2010, 11:44 PM
*stands up at the mic, clears throat and starts singing softly...*

I am sixteen going on seventeen, waiting for life to starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttt... (Liesl's song from the Sound of Music).

Well, not really :) I am 54 going on 17 and I am reviving my Life... !

Jet
01-19-2010, 10:53 AM
*stands up at the mic, clears throat and starts singing softly...*

I am sixteen going on seventeen, waiting for life to starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttt... (Liesl's song from the Sound of Music).

Well, not really :) I am 54 going on 17 and I am reviving my Life... !

Good for you!

Rolfe:
You wait little girl on an empty stage
For fate to turn the light on
Your life little girl is an empty page
That men will want to write on

Liesl:
To write on...

Rolfe:
You are sixteen going on seventeen, baby it's time to think
Better beware, be canny and careful, baby you're on the brink
You are sixteen going on seventeen, fellows will fall in line
Eager young lads, and roues and cads
Will offer you food and wine
Totally unprepared are you, to face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared are you, of things beyond your ken
You need someone older and wiser, telling you what to do
I am seventeen going on eighteen, I'll take care of you

Liesl:
I am sixteen going on seventeen, I know that I'm naive
Fellows I meet may tell me I'm sweet, and willingly I believe
I am sixteen going on seventeen, innocent as a rose
Bachelor dandies, drinkers of brandies, what do I know of those
Totally unprepared am I, to face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared am I, of things beyond my ken
I need someone older and wiser, telling me what to do
You are seventeen going on eighteen, I'll depend on you

morningstar55
01-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Isadora

AMEN !

:cheer:

I can really relate to a lot of this as well...
cept for the night owl thing...... lol ........ im sooooo much a big time morning person.. heh :flowers:

WolfyOne
01-19-2010, 11:30 AM
I always forget to stop in here and it's not until I see it listed in new posts that I remember I'm older than enough to be posting here.

LadyRain
01-19-2010, 11:39 AM
~waves...joining the group....Rain :rainsing:

Jet
01-19-2010, 11:55 AM
~waves...joining the group....Rain :rainsing:

Welcome Rain....

LieslKate
01-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Good for you!

Rolfe:
You wait little girl on an empty stage
For fate to turn the light on
Your life little girl is an empty page
That men will want to write on

Liesl:
To write on...

Rolfe:
You are sixteen going on seventeen, baby it's time to think
Better beware, be canny and careful, baby you're on the brink
You are sixteen going on seventeen, fellows will fall in line
Eager young lads, and roues and cads
Will offer you food and wine
Totally unprepared are you, to face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared are you, of things beyond your ken
You need someone older and wiser, telling you what to do
I am seventeen going on eighteen, I'll take care of you

Liesl:
I am sixteen going on seventeen, I know that I'm naive
Fellows I meet may tell me I'm sweet, and willingly I believe
I am sixteen going on seventeen, innocent as a rose
Bachelor dandies, drinkers of brandies, what do I know of those
Totally unprepared am I, to face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared am I, of things beyond my ken
I need someone older and wiser, telling me what to do
You are seventeen going on eighteen, I'll depend on you

TY for posting the lyrics ((((Ol' Jet))))... I relate more to the sentiment of the lyric/character of Liesl rather than the actual words... not so naive and I don't need taking care of, definetly not looking for men but bring on the eager young lads, and roues and cads... older too; can tell I am not so timid and shy !

Jet
01-19-2010, 02:07 PM
It's just a great song that takes you back in the day, yanno? Can't beat Rogers & Hammerstein.

I'm just old school.

LieslKate
01-19-2010, 02:41 PM
It's just a great song that takes you back in the day, yanno? Can't beat Rogers & Hammerstein.

I'm just old school.

As am I !

:waitinggirl:

DELSDAUGHTER
01-19-2010, 04:31 PM
love the old musicals........:cheerleader:

Jet
01-19-2010, 04:33 PM
love the old musicals........:cheerleader:

yeah? What's your favorite?

DELSDAUGHTER
01-19-2010, 04:41 PM
yeah? What's your favorite?

oh god i love so many.....

On the town....
Singing in the Rain....
holiday Inn
sound of music

Jet
01-19-2010, 05:11 PM
oh god i love so many.....

On the town....
Singing in the Rain....
holiday Inn
sound of music

There is a classic movie thread here that may be of interest to you.

WolfyOne
01-19-2010, 05:19 PM
So, I'm either going to be singing in the rain or keep repeating the hills are alive.

DELSDAUGHTER
01-19-2010, 05:21 PM
There is a classic movie thread here that may be of interest to you.

cool ill look for it.....ty:dance1:

DELSDAUGHTER
01-19-2010, 05:22 PM
So, I'm either going to be singing in the rain or keep repeating the hills are alive.

lol...you go :violin:

WolfyOne
01-19-2010, 05:25 PM
lol...you go :violin:

You wouldn't say that if you heard me at karaoke.

Jet
01-19-2010, 05:45 PM

LOL.......

DELSDAUGHTER
01-19-2010, 05:50 PM
You wouldn't say that if you heard me at karaoke.

lol i tried that for the first time last fall...i kinda like it..may do it again

WolfyOne
01-19-2010, 06:15 PM
lol i tried that for the first time last fall...i kinda like it..may do it again

Me too, I don't care if everyone has to insert ear plugs.....sing out loud, sing out strong.

DELSDAUGHTER
01-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Me too, I don't care if everyone has to insert ear plugs.....sing out loud, sing out strong.

i totally agree......

morningstar55
01-19-2010, 10:37 PM
evening Lofters........

well i have landed in . Princton IND.... and ran out of hours and camping here tonight
i have my truck unloaded and all done for now , just waiting for dispatch to issue me another one..

i see the topic of old musicals........... there's an old one i love which is my favorite........

the BLUESSS Brothers........ haaa.ha......
:bluesbrothers:

morningstar55
01-20-2010, 07:12 AM
mawning Lofters

wish there was a coffee cup icon .... anyways..... i took some of these coffee cup pix with my cell ..lol
its raining over here in Princton Ind........ i may be heading to nashville here in a bit....... not sure yet.
anyways hope you all have a great hump day.

DELSDAUGHTER
01-20-2010, 05:54 PM
hello lofters.....apple pie in the oven and settled in to watch idol.....

WolfyOne
01-20-2010, 06:30 PM

Apple pie, yummy.
Did you make it from scratch?
Now I want to pull up a chair and sit around smelling the apples cook in the oven.

Jet
01-20-2010, 06:57 PM

Gawd apple pie sounds great. Have a nice evening.

Lady Jewel
01-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Wolfy, I have a delicious fool-proof recipe for apple pie that is soooo easy to make. If you want the recipe, PM me :)

Jewel

Apple pie, yummy.
Now I want to pull up a chair and sit around smelling the apples cook in the oven.

WolfyOne
01-20-2010, 07:20 PM
Wolfy, I have a delicious fool-proof recipe for apple pie that is soooo easy to make. If you want the recipe, PM me :)

Jewel

Thanks, it's the crust I have trouble with. I can cook and bake almost anything, but when it comes to pie crust, I'm a little stumped.

DELSDAUGHTER
01-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Apple pie, yummy.

well no i cheat on the crust...lol.

Cowboi
01-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Johnny's pizza for all!!! Whos got the beer??

DELSDAUGHTER
01-21-2010, 06:39 PM

woo hoo...puts beer on the table.....(Jumps up and down on the couch..).....:dogwalking:

WolfyOne
01-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Pizza and beer, the only thing missing is football.

Cowboi
01-21-2010, 07:06 PM
woo hoo...puts beer on the table.....(Jumps up and down on the couch..).....:dogwalking:

We are set now! Too bad about the football!

Blaze
01-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Drives up in my :farmtractor: sneaks behind:hiding: Leave dancing girl for Coibow to keep occupied:bellydancer: moves couch slowly and replaces it with :trampoline: so Miss Del thinks she's still on couch , grabs Beer and Pizza and leaves a :sushi: as replacement. :drunk: :drunk:
Thanks for the refreshments :cheesy::bolt:

Legendryder
01-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Well heck, I didn't even see this place. Hey everybody!!!

I'm sitting around playing with my I-tunes, driving my roomie nuts right now, playing 80's new wave as loud as possible. roflmao

morningstar55
01-21-2010, 08:29 PM

i dont know what everyone likes..... BUT ..........
here's some blues........ lol

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/morningstar1955/labatt_html.jpg

:bandkiss:
wondering here... hmm wonder if there is a ACDC band icon thingie..

morningstar55
01-21-2010, 08:34 PM

I'm sitting around playing with my I-tunes, driving my roomie nuts right now, playing 80's new wave as loud as possible. roflmao

** waving at Legender's **

ZooMM ZooooMMmm ........
:motorbike:

DELSDAUGHTER
01-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Drives up in my :farmtractor: sneaks behind:hiding: Leave dancing girl for Coibow to keep occupied:bellydancer: moves couch slowly and replaces it with :trampoline: so Miss Del thinks she's still on couch , grabs Beer and Pizza and leaves a :sushi: as replacement. :drunk: :drunk:
Thanks for the refreshments :cheesy::bolt:

silly goose...that was cute.......(as she jumps up and down onher new trampoline):cheerleader:

Jet
01-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Have a good one, everybody.

DELSDAUGHTER
01-21-2010, 08:49 PM

rock on with the 80's music.......woo hoo:clap::happyjump::girlonatv::beerfunnel:

morningstar55
01-21-2010, 08:51 PM
rock on with the 80's music.......woo hoo:clap::happyjump::girlonatv::beerfunnel:

ohh wow the 80's tunes....... ha........ i have so many good memories of all that 80's stuff....... haha....

Legendryder
01-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Ok, I changed over to the 70's. Journey Don't Stop Believin'. Rock on!!!!!

morningstar55
01-21-2010, 09:10 PM
heh... legend....
welp i been up since 4 30 am and been driving allll friggin day.. and well im gonna go watch some mindless tv and put my feet up....
nites everyone

Jet
01-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Ok, I changed over to the 70's. Journey Don't Stop Believin'. Rock on!!!!!

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219
70s thread

WolfyOne
01-21-2010, 10:48 PM
I heard 70's music all the way over here.....ya'll know, disco still lives, right.

morningstar55
01-22-2010, 05:04 AM
mawning Lofters......
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/morningstar1955/0725080604.jpg

im sure a lot of u are glad its friday.... im hoping i can get a load home.
that would be nice..

DELSDAUGHTER
01-22-2010, 04:24 PM
seems i left to early.....missed my 70's music...waaaa:seconddoh:

morningstar55
01-22-2010, 10:17 PM
ok i came across these commercials career builder is having a contest...
pic the best one to be aired for the superbowl

the 1st one to me.... was funny....
the 2nd one.... was really good... cute.. funny...
the 3rd one.... was well soooo disgusting but hilarious at the same time it had me in tears from laffing... but for TV.. i dont know... but then again they put just about anythng on TV these days

http://www.careerbuilder.com/tv/default.aspx?siteid=fb_sbcamp&cbRecursionCnt=1&cbsid=bf20dc7e9c014c5eb110791c11ccc27a-317514710-VJ-4

morningstar55
01-23-2010, 05:17 AM
mawning Lofters
well....... today i have to do some driving... not to bad.... though.... running over to south bend Ind..... then on monday headin to Nebraska... geesh hope its not snowing there.
anyways have a good day all.
bbl

DELSDAUGHTER
01-23-2010, 07:52 AM
ok i came across these commercials career builder is having a contest...
pic the best one to be aired for the superbowl

the 1st one to me.... was funny....
the 2nd one.... was really good... cute.. funny...
the 3rd one.... was well soooo disgusting but hilarious at the same time it had me in tears from laffing... but for TV.. i dont know... but then again they put just about anythng on TV these days

http://www.careerbuilder.com/tv/default.aspx?siteid=fb_sbcamp&cbRecursionCnt=1&cbsid=bf20dc7e9c014c5eb110791c11ccc27a-317514710-VJ-4

that was hysterical.....lol:rofl:

Jet
01-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Love the careerbuilder spots, they're all great especially 1 and 3

morningstar55
01-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Love the careerbuilder spots, they're all great especially 1 and 3

LOL at Dels. lol

lol Jet... they had a contest from what I read...... and picked these 3..
and one of them is suppose to get voted... for the the super bowl.

DELSDAUGHTER
01-23-2010, 01:10 PM
LOL at Dels. lol

lol Jet... they had a contest from what I read...... and picked these 3..
and one of them is suppose to get voted... for the the super bowl.

i pick the first one omg...lol:simplelaugh:

morningstar55
01-23-2010, 01:12 PM
i pick the first one omg...lol:simplelaugh:

lol yeah that one was....... good..
i think id vote for the 2nd one....

morningstar55
01-24-2010, 04:39 AM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/morningstar1955/goodmorning-1.jpg

morningstar55
01-25-2010, 05:13 AM
mawning Lofters.............
hey how about them football games yesterday.????

DELSDAUGHTER
01-25-2010, 05:29 AM
don't really watch football unless its college and Penn State...

boy its windy as hell here......almost blew the pup away....

Galahad
01-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Does anyone find themselves missing their childhood friends. I miss my little Joanie more and more as time passes. My dad used to talk about his friends and how much he missed them. At the time I thought it was odd but now I'm doing the same. I wonder why we do that,or am I just one of the few people that get that nostalgic? Is it about getting that unconditional love and caring? Or is it about going back or not facing death or the complexities of life or what?? I have too much time to think today.

morningstar55
01-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Does anyone find themselves missing their childhood friends. I miss my little Joanie more and more as time passes. My dad used to talk about his friends and how much he missed them. At the time I thought it was odd but now I'm doing the same. I wonder why we do that,or am I just one of the few people that get that nostalgic? Is it about getting that unconditional love and caring? Or is it about going back or not facing death or the complexities of life or what?? I have too much time to think today.

oh yess....... i think about some long lost friends i had as a kid... till i was about 13 and moved .. to the suberbs.......
1 girl.. we been friends since we were like 8 yrs old.... we still keep in touch in fact thursday is her birthday...... she is wheel chair bound ..... with sever arthritus... ( lord i hope i spelled that right .. not time for spell check right now.. lol ) anyways she is 49 i think.... or maybe 50 i lost track.. ha..
then there r a couple i been friends with since well high school...... we still pal around when we get a chance......... there are others i do think about now and then... i tried finding some on facebook..... but only came across a 2 so far.

Jet
01-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Have a good one, everybody

WolfyOne
01-25-2010, 10:21 PM

I used to think about a few of them, but that's it. I'm still friends with some of my childhood friends. As a matter of fact, since I joined Face Book, more and more keep finding me. When I moved from Chicago and into the suburbs, I chose to distance myself from many childhood friends. After all, my life was changing and back then, I wasn't sure how receptive they'd be of me. Silly me, since coming out to them as I reconnect, I find that they could care less. Who knows what they would've really thought about it in the late 70's/early 80's.

Stoney
01-26-2010, 03:39 AM
So........ heres a little story bout last weekend, I thought it might fit in this thread. I was down at the bar just having a good time but was getting ready to split when this cute girl comes up and asks me to dance, she was prolly 24- 25 maybe , I said I was getting ready to leave and she gives me this pouty face thing with oooo please , come on , just one ... so ..... well I had to say yeah to that ya know , so we start dancin and then her two friends come up and we all start dancing,it was cool , I think she was a little drunk but , it was just dancing ... so any ways finally after half way through the second song I told them I was leaving and They all came over to say good bye... .. Im feelin pretty studly by this time, and then the one girl says... "you are soooo cute for a woman your age........I was like My age? how old do ya think I am??? she was like ... "I dont know I mean for an older woman your pretty hot,
..............hmmmm
then the one says ... "yeah we think you are a card!!"

oh...okay.......Im an old card.....nice

here all along I thought I was all cool and shit dancin with there hotties and they were just being charitable to the geriatric community.....

the original girl did whisper in my ear " I really really like older women...as I was leaving.....

oh yeah ... I did mention she was drunk didnt I......lol

oh well.........see what I get for thinkin

DELSDAUGHTER
01-26-2010, 06:02 AM
I used to think about a few of them, but that's it. I'm still friends with some of my childhood friends. As a matter of fact, since I joined Face Book, more and more keep finding me. When I moved from Chicago and into the suburbs, I chose to distance myself from many childhood friends. After all, my life was changing and back then, I wasn't sure how receptive they'd be of me. Silly me, since coming out to them as I reconnect, I find that they could care less. Who knows what they would've really thought about it in the late 70's/early 80's.

i have found the same thing.....most people nowadays that i run into that i knew back then really don't care.....its like my kids...all their friends are so cool about everything.....:happyjump: they love me ....

DELSDAUGHTER
01-26-2010, 06:05 AM
So........ heres a little story bout last weekend, I thought it might fit in this thread. I was down at the bar just having a good time but was getting ready to split when this cute girl comes up and asks me to dance, she was prolly 24- 25 maybe , I said I was getting ready to leave and she gives me this pouty face thing with oooo please , come on , just one ... so ..... well I had to say yeah to that ya know , so we start dancin and then her two friends come up and we all start dancing,it was cool , I think she was a little drunk but , it was just dancing ... so any ways finally after half way through the second song I told them I was leaving and They all came over to say good bye... .. Im feelin pretty studly by this time, and then the one girl says... "you are soooo cute for a woman your age........I was like My age? how old do ya think I am??? she was like ... "I dont know I mean for an older woman your pretty hot,
..............hmmmm

here all along I thought I was all cool and shit dancin with there hotties and they were just being charitable to the geriatric community.....

the original girl did whisper in my ear " I really really like older women...as I was leaving.....

awwww.. i know how you feel......

you just need an older woman to appreciate you thats all.....

i know i don't feel my age..until my daughter reminds me that my outfit may not be age appropriate....

when did my kid become my mom....lmao

Jet
01-26-2010, 11:24 AM
..............hmmmm

Funny, you should feel really complimented Stoney.

morningstar55
01-26-2010, 08:09 PM
..............hmmmm

ahh hey ya Stoney......... that was a cute story.. loved it.. lol

DELSDAUGHTER
01-26-2010, 08:15 PM
ahh hey ya Stoney......... that was a cute story.. loved it.. lol

lol maybe Stoney should post a pic...so we could judge........i'm kinda intrigued

morningstar55
01-26-2010, 08:27 PM
wHhewwwwwww what a lonnng ass day.........
i have landed over by Chicagoland ...... and the wind is whippin around ...... making the truck rock a lil . and lord its freezin out there...
but im all snug and warm .. had a nice dinner... now sippin my hot green Tea..
gonna lay down here soon and watch something on tv..
nites Lofters

Jet
01-26-2010, 08:32 PM
i have landed over by Chicagoland ...... and the wind is whippin around ...... making the truck rock a lil . and lord its freezin out there...
nites Lofters

nite roadie

WolfyOne
01-26-2010, 08:44 PM
nites Lofters

Where you at in Chicagoland and when do you get to leave?
I miss my hometown for all the ethnic food it has. Don't miss the weather.

morningstar55
01-27-2010, 06:00 AM
Where you at in Chicagoland and when do you get to leave?
I miss my hometown for all the ethnic food it has. Don't miss the weather.

ha...... i have to leave now..... lol ..time to go make the doughnuts.......
and its friggin freezin out here...

mawniing Loft dwellers and peekers

wow here we are at another hump day... how does this happen?? lol
ok...... im gonna have to catch up on postings later..... time for me to head out......... heading to Columbia Missiori

ttfn
:byebye::byebye:

morningstar55
01-27-2010, 05:50 PM
evening Lofters............ well....... i ended up bk here in Chicagoland.. *sigh*.. its been snowing and blowing on and off all day today. im parked for the night. and relaxin i even picked up a movie from wallly world..... anyone ever see.. The Last Holiday??? has Queen Latifah in it.... i like her movies...

Cowboi
01-27-2010, 05:57 PM
evening Lofters............ well....... i ended up bk here in Chicagoland.. *sigh*.. its been snowing and blowing on and off all day today. im parked for the night. and relaxin i even picked up a movie from wallly world..... anyone ever see.. The Last Holiday??? has Queen Latifah in it.... i like her movies...

I love that movie!!

DELSDAUGHTER
01-27-2010, 06:10 PM

that was a cute movie.......i love me some Queen L

morningstar55
01-27-2010, 06:19 PM
that was a cute movie.......i love me some Queen L

ha.... wow 2 great reviews ...... from Cowboi n Dels .. hah...
Dels.. have ever seen . Queen L's line of bra's and such?? i bought a couple very cute..... lol :)

DELSDAUGHTER
01-27-2010, 06:47 PM
ha.... wow 2 great reviews ...... from Cowboi n Dels .. hah...
Dels.. have ever seen . Queen L's line of bra's and such?? i bought a couple very cute..... lol :)

yes i have..that is a great line...and she is a fine lesbian too....woot!

WolfyOne
01-27-2010, 07:18 PM

I like that movie and so does R.

When you going to get back our way?
We're do for an ice storm, so don't do it now.

morningstar55
01-27-2010, 07:44 PM
I like that movie and so does R.

When you going to get back our way?
We're do for an ice storm, so don't do it now.

i dont know when i will be bk that way ... hoping soon . i need a Texas fix.

yikes............ ice storm.?
its snowing here............ :snowballfight:

DELSDAUGHTER
01-27-2010, 08:06 PM
i dont know when i will be bk that way ... hoping soon . i need a Texas fix.

yikes............ ice storm.?
its snowing here............ :snowballfight:

be careful and be safe

morningstar55
01-27-2010, 08:26 PM
be careful and be safe

tanx.. Dels.
this truck stop is very busy...... huge place..
im near the building.... and im gonna watch some tv..... i know im gonna end up falling asleep soon......... sooooo nity nites all

Jude
01-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Got you all beat. I'm in my 60s. I was exclusively gay well into my late 20s and then opted for marriage in order to have chidlren. Needless to say, the marriage didn't work out, but I have two lovely, brilliant grown daughters who are good people. Replaced the husband with an 8 lb. shih tzu named Lucy. Guess I am well over the hill. My concepts of gay life are stuck back in the 60s. I'm told that things have changed. Really grateful to have good health, energy and a quest for adventure. Love overseas travel. Not seeking a romantic interlude at this point. Just a few friends/activity partners. Are there any interesting groups for older lesbians in the Washington, DC area? I don't feel old enough to join anything named "Crones" or "Owls". What do mature lesbians do? Anybody tried purchasing a small condo in FL (or somewhere warm) for winters with any success or is that just asking for more responsibility? Just joined. Nice to be here.

Jude
01-27-2010, 09:12 PM
What did you think of "Precious". I'm afraid it will be too depressing. Been watching all four seasons of "Dexter" and "Six Feet Under". Shows how deep I am at my age. I think they're both outrageous and been watching like a marathon. Next month, on to the first seasons of "Big Love" about the Mormon fundamentalists.

Jude
01-27-2010, 09:44 PM
"I love being my age. I look around and while there are some things I could have done differently, for whatever reason, at the time, I made the best choices I could. No judgment. Acceptance only. Of who I am. Of where I am. In ten years, I'll do things differently, but I hope in the looking back on them, I'll feel similarly as now."

That's a great one. Do you happen to know the source?

Jude
01-27-2010, 10:22 PM

I found that interesting and have the same experience. Suspect that the memories that have been in there lurking the longest sometimes leave the strongest imprint. I find myself wondering about childhood friends, casual acquaintances known for a day or two 30 years ago. It's peculiar. I think about the little butch in grade school that I used to play doctor with :-) Agree that it's a strange sense of nostalgia. They say that the truly elderly tend to relive their infancy. I find that frightening, personally.

WolfyOne
01-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Jude, welcome to BFP and welcome to The Loft. I hope you make lots of friends and participate in many threads. Heck, you can come to our first reunion and meet many of us in Little Rock. I'm sure some will be coming from your area.

morningstar55
01-28-2010, 06:58 AM
heyyy welcome to the Loft Jude....... ha .....

mawning Lofters
its a bitter frozen morning here in Chicagoland....
ill be driving here shortly......
soo hope you all have a wonderful day......

im leaving you all with the song for today.

YouTube- Queen - somebody to love

LadyRain
01-28-2010, 10:29 AM
whats in da truck whats in da truck???RAIN :rainsing:heyyy welcome to the Loft Jude....... ha .....

mawning Lofters
its a bitter frozen morning here in Chicagoland....
ill be driving here shortly......
soo hope you all have a wonderful day......

im leaving you all with the song for today.

YouTube- Queen - somebody to love (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRt2jX1kaYo)

morningstar55
01-29-2010, 03:13 AM
whats in da truck whats in da truck???RAIN :rainsing:

haha.... its a secret

hey ya Loft dwellers...... **yawn** update..

ITS FREEEZZINN HERE....
ok..
right now im stuck in MN .. listening to the beep sound cuz my air brakes are froze.. and waiting for a repair guy who does road side serivce..... i think i need some asprins.
*sigh*

its sooooo way past my bed time im tired as hell and well...... ill be in this area for a lil while i guess..

only 1 mile from my delivery too......... bbl

Jet
01-29-2010, 03:28 AM
haha.... its a secret

ITS FREEEZZINN HERE....
ok..
right now im stuck in MN .. listening to the beep sound cuz my air brakes are froze.. and waiting for a repair guy who does road side serivce..... i think i need some asprins.
*sigh*

that's a drag, roadie

DELSDAUGHTER
01-29-2010, 05:26 AM
haha.... its a secret

ITS FREEEZZINN HERE....
ok..
*sigh*

its sooooo way past my bed time im tired as hell and well...... ill be in this area for a lil while i guess..

only 1 mile from my delivery too......... bbl

wow ...sorry for your problems...be safe

morningstar55
01-29-2010, 01:04 PM
afternoners Dels... and Lofters

dammm according to my ......... log dept.

i cant drive till around 3 30pm.... soo im still stuck here where i droped off the load......

id like to find a verizon store...

c what i mean . about getting a local job.......

i could be doing something more constructive... if i was home.... like like.. ahh

baking cookies........ lol .... i miss doing a lot of that kind of stuff.

i could get some painting done this weekend if i end up stuck here...longer

i need to hunt me a art and crafts store.... im hunting some of them embroidery rings... so i can finish painting this shirt i have here .. im painting a dog on the pocket area and the marterial needs to be stretched.

Soft*Silver
01-29-2010, 07:42 PM
my best friend has been my best friend since the first day of first grade. We have suffered through so much together and have lost each other and found each other and support one another and get in each other's faces when we are acting stupid. I am 53. We celebrated together when we could finally get an AARP card!

Galahad
01-29-2010, 11:32 PM
It was great to read about everyone's childhood friends. I wondered if I was getting prematurely senile and reliving the past or something like that. It's good to think back to those stress free friendships.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Getting a head cold so I am spending mine in bed as much as possible.

morningstar55
01-30-2010, 06:02 AM
mawning Lofters
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/morningstar1955/47.gif

morningstar55
01-30-2010, 08:55 AM
hmmm seems to be more peekers here then dwellers..... why is that???
im still hangin here in the frozen Tundra of St Paul Mn ...... and ok im bored.....
can not really wonder around to much.... need to save fuel... for keeping warm..... and after getting kinda lost last night....... ummm im staying put. lol
wouldnt mind finding a laundry mat and wal mart.. hmm strange i hadnt seen any wal marts here yet

WolfyOne
01-30-2010, 10:40 AM
hmmm seems to be more peekers here then dwellers..... why is that???
im still hangin here in the frozen Tundra of St Paul Mn ...... and ok im bored.....
can not really wonder around to much.... need to save fuel... for keeping warm..... and after getting kinda lost last night....... ummm im staying put. lol
wouldnt mind finding a laundry mat and wal mart.. hmm strange i hadnt seen any wal marts here yet

I hope it gets better for you soon. Why don't you send a PM to Strappie. I do believe he's in Mpls, MN. The sister city of St Paul and much cleaner there.

morningstar55
01-30-2010, 11:06 AM
I hope it gets better for you soon. Why don't you send a PM to Strappie. I do believe he's in Mpls, MN. The sister city of St Paul and much cleaner there.

ha....... i did.. think hys busy...
thaaats ok...
think ill paint some stuff here.... vacume the truck... watch a movie.
ya know..... it does get kinda lonely out here... for in person conversations and such...
i am allowed to take passangers... but i have 2 beds.. but the upper bunk is kinda ahh occupied with a few totes. my bed is a full size ..and there is a fridge, micro wave. i make diners in my truck sometimes...and im someone thats comes along ..for a trip .. they need to figure on at least 2 weeks.. and if i cant get a load to get them bk home... then they will have to grey hound it.

WolfyOne
01-30-2010, 11:38 AM
ha....... i did.. think hys busy...
thaaats ok...
think ill paint some stuff here.... vacume the truck... watch a movie.
ya know..... it does get kinda lonely out here... for in person conversations and such...
i am allowed to take passangers... but i have 2 beds.. but the upper bunk is kinda ahh occupied with a few totes. my bed is a full size ..and there is a fridge, micro wave. i make diners in my truck sometimes...and im someone thats comes along ..for a trip .. they need to figure on at least 2 weeks.. and if i cant get a load to get them bk home... then they will have to grey hound it.

I lived in Mpls for a year in 91 and still have a very good friend there. If you get tied up there for too many days, let me know. There are a few nice gay bars in St Paul and this is the weekend, you could have fun if you want and be around lots of people tonight.

IttyBittyFem
01-30-2010, 11:54 AM
:threadjack:

You know you're getting old when it's difficult to read this size font with and/or without glasses.

Do you believe folks would be upset if I changed the size of my font from this to this size?

I'm not looking to offend anyone, but hey, when I can't even proof read my own posts, something has to be done about it. !

DELSDAUGHTER
01-30-2010, 12:38 PM

You know you're getting old when it's difficult to read this size font with and/or without glasses.

Do you believe folks would be upset if I changed the size of my font from this to this size?

I'm not looking to offend anyone, but hey, when I can't even proof read my own posts, something has to be done about it. !

darlin you do what you gotta do...people will understand...:bow:

WolfyOne
01-30-2010, 12:55 PM

No one would be offended at all. Sometimes I have a hard time reading posts. That's why mine are darker, so I don't have to squint or put my glasses on when I'm rereading my own words.

casey35
01-30-2010, 01:00 PM
I am forty and loving every minute of it . Only thing that changing with me is my number still young at heart.

WolfyOne
01-30-2010, 01:05 PM
I am forty and loving every minute of it . Only thing that changing with me is my number still young at heart.

Welcome to the loft casey.....I remember when I was 40. What is age but a number anyhow. I see you're in Arkansas. I neighbor you as I'm in Oklahoma. Our reunion will be in Little Rock. You should try and be there. You'll meet a bunch of us there.

morningstar55
01-30-2010, 02:03 PM
I lived in Mpls for a year in 91 and still have a very good friend there. If you get tied up there for too many days, let me know. There are a few nice gay bars in St Paul and this is the weekend, you could have fun if you want and be around lots of people tonight.

that would be sooo awsome.... but i cant go taking this truck joy riding to gay bars....... and cant afford a taxi... i have NO idea where anythings at..a taxi might take me for a joy ride i couldnt afford.. annd im parked like 13 miles out of st paul on the Wisconsin side at a truck stop.....

WolfyOne
01-30-2010, 02:10 PM
that would be sooo awsome.... but i cant go taking this truck joy riding to gay bars....... and cant afford a taxi... i have NO idea where anythings at..a taxi might take me for a joy ride i couldnt afford.. annd im parked like 13 miles out of st paul on the Wisconsin side at a truck stop.....

Oh, so you're not really in MN. Being in WI, isn't that like pretty desolate where you're at. Couldn't you find a truck stop in St Paul? You'd then be in the heart of fun. If you google the gay bars in St Paul and then go to Map Quest, you'll know the distance you must travel. Therefore a cab could never take you for a joy ride.

friskyfemme
01-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Jet

Thanks for your thread... I am a '60s flower child...I love the Beatles, CCR, EWF, Doobie Bros, Carpenters, Moody Blues, most of the Motown groups. I wish there a place to go to dance to my 'Oldies'. I do love Blues, Jazz, classical, and native American music . I also confess enjoying Doris Day, Andy Williams, and Roger Miller. I grew up in Iowa. From the time I learned there were states that were warm year around, I vowed to moved away from the frigid cold and snow. I first moved to KS, then to CA, then to TX, then to MO, then LA, then to AZ. Ahhhhhhhh home. AZ has everything I wanted sunshine, warmth, Arts, population diversity, and just gorgeous natural surroundings. :angel:

WolfyOne
01-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Jet

Thanks for your thread... I am a '60s flower child...I love the Beatles, CCR, EWF, Doobie Bros, Carpenters, Moody Blues, most of the Motown groups. I wish there a place to go to dance to my 'Oldies'. I do love Blues, Jazz, classical, and native American music . I also confess enjoying Doris Day, Andy Williams, and Roger Miller. I grew up in Iowa. From the time I learned there were states that were warm year around, I vowed to moved away from the frigid cold and snow. I first moved to KS, then to CA, then to TX, then to MO, then LA, then to AZ. Ahhhhhhhh home. AZ has everything I wanted sunshine, warmth, Arts, population diversity, and just gorgeous natural surroundings. :angel:

blink, blink Did I see that right, Motown and dance in the same paragraph? See, now we have something to talk about for 3 minutes at the reunion. And I like your other choices for music, too....especially EWF and CCR. I'll toss in Karen and Richard because I like to sing along to their tunes.

DELSDAUGHTER
01-30-2010, 02:31 PM
No one would be offended at all. Sometimes I have a hard time reading posts. That's why mine are darker, so I don't have to squint or put my glasses on when I'm rereading my own words.

it stinks getting older...but like my co-worker says it beats the alternative..lol

morningstar55
01-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Oh, so you're not really in MN. Being in WI, isn't that like pretty desolate where you're at. Couldn't you find a truck stop in St Paul? You'd then be in the heart of fun. If you google the gay bars in St Paul and then go to Map Quest, you'll know the distance you must travel. Therefore a cab could never take you for a joy ride.

well umm ...... places to park trucks are kinda limited due to city ordinances
and over night parking and all. and i cant spend my boss's fuel running the truck around........ im not that far out of town.

Canela
01-30-2010, 02:46 PM

I love this! I'm 46 and my eyesight isn't what it used to be...so, I actually set up my preferences on my IM's so that it is about as big as this...it's an automatic so no one has ever questioned it, and it works for me...sometimes I forget where the heck I left my bifocals! lol...

WolfyOne
01-30-2010, 04:56 PM
I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good as I'll ever be. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

morningstar55
01-30-2010, 05:04 PM
I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good as I'll ever be. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

yeahh we heard that song and dance before....... lol
:pile: WWEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

morningstar55
01-31-2010, 05:52 AM
mawning Lofters
hope all are having a nice weekend so far
im stil up here in the frozen tundra of Mn...... *sigh*
and speaking of the topic of the size of what we all type cuz of needing err glass's :glasses: ..... i too make my type the size it is for reading better.. lol
i use to have extremly good eye sight. i only need glass's to read.. other then that .. i dont need glass's.

DELSDAUGHTER
01-31-2010, 08:08 AM
morning lofters...have a great sunday

casey35
01-31-2010, 08:19 AM
Lord i cant remember some things but i just say i have crs cant remember shit and it get me by.

morningstar55
01-31-2010, 08:34 AM
morning lofters...have a great sunday

hey ya u .. hope ur having a nice sunday.

speaking of which ........ what do some of you do on sundays ???
do you have a routine???

DELSDAUGHTER
01-31-2010, 03:45 PM

do you have a routine???

just relax...and do absolutely nothing if i can help it.....

casey35
01-31-2010, 04:10 PM
wake up early chat a bit and then make breakfast for my family. oh forgot the best part waking up my wife with a kiss.

morningstar55
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
wake up early chat a bit and then make breakfast for my family. oh forgot the best part waking up my wife with a kiss.

ok im jealous..... lol

morningstar55
01-31-2010, 04:25 PM
just relax...and do absolutely nothing if i can help it.....

i did the same kinda thing........ but i been bored as hell ..

WolfyOne
01-31-2010, 04:59 PM

do you have a routine???

Yeah, laundry and football. So, what the hell will I do when football season ends?

casey35
01-31-2010, 05:20 PM
well there is always basketball season and then it be warm enough to be outside